Kirkbrides Reviews

77 | Cleveland, OH

77 Reviews for Kirkbrides

Ciera · Married on 05/24/2014

It was truly a pleasure to work with Valarie and her team at Kirkbrides! Due to our jobs, my husband and I travel quite often so it was important that we had a wedding planner on the ground that would keep us organized, on-track, and provide a sense of creativity that we both lacked. From our first meeting with Valarie we immediately knew that she was well experienced and had so many great ideas to offer. We engaged her roughly 16 months before our wedding date and she was more than prepared to hit the ground running and turn our unrefined wedding ideas into a beautiful reality. Throughout the entire process Valarie was flexible and willing to answer any questions we had, including those that came in the form of panicked emails after over thinking minute details. She always had a way of calming me down and making the decision process smooth.

Valarie has a great relationship with so many vendors in the Cleveland area so it was no issue for her to quickly connect us with respectable vendors who aligned with our wedding vision and most importantly our budget! My husband and I could not be happier with the vendors we ultimately selected and the services they provided on our big day. Speaking of the big day, it was so effortless for us and our wedding party. Valarie and her team did such an excellent job preparing for the event and ensuring it went smoothly. Everyone was so impressed with how organized our wedding was and how helpful Valarie and her team were the day of. Everyone, especially our guests, were also very impressed with how everything turned out decor wise. Valarie brought some great ideas to the table that turned out beautifully! We are still receiving compliments months later!

I would absolutely recommend Valarie and Kirkbrides to anyone planning a wedding in Northeast Ohio area!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Ciera · Married on 05/24/2014

Sent on 10/21/2014

Bridget · Married on 09/21/2013

I hired Kirkbrides for a day of coordination services and I think I got more than my money's worth. I was a little apprehensive about hiring a coordinator because of the cost, but we chose a package that was affordable for us and it was well worth it. Allison Miller was our coordinator and she is a total pro. She saved us so much stress and made things run so smoothly. Allison made a super streamlined itinerary and made sure everyone was on the same page. I don't know what we would have done without her. I highly recommend hiring her.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Lisa · Married on 08/31/2013

We could not have been happier with Kirkbrides and the planning work that Valarie did for our daughter's wedding. Everything about working with Valarie was a pleasure. She was so professional and wonderful to work with, knowledgeable about all aspects of planning a wedding and was so skillful at steering us in the directions that she knew were right for us. She paid such attention to detail, was always prompt for meetings, and had a positive and friendly relationship with so many vendors in Cleveland. She planned our son's wedding as well several years back and we felt like we were working with an old friend during the planning of our daughter's wedding, and we really were!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Caroline · Married on 08/24/2013

I could not recommend Kirkbrides and Allison, our wedding planner, more! I knew that I needed help planning our wedding, but I was unsure of where to turn. Upon reading these reviews I called Kirkbrides and after our first meeting, I knew that Allison would be the perfect person to coordinate our wedding. Allison made the complicated and often confusing process of planning a wedding, a very simple and enjoyable one. She is creative, punctual, kind, efficient and exceptionally organized. She has long standing relationships with the vendors all over town and it seems that everyone not only knows her, but adores her (for good reason!). Her connections made the planning process run extremely smoothly and she was able make every desire we had for the wedding possible, while keeping us in budget at the same time. She is the sole reason why our wedding was such a success and I couldn’t be more grateful for her and her team’s help. I’ve already recommended Kirkbrides to all of my friends and family and I couldn’t recommend her more to Cleveland brides, now and in the future!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Talle · Married on 05/15/2013

Valarie made our wedding dreams a reality. She is professional, creative, well connected and respected in the wedding community. In a very short timeframe she brought all of the elements together to create a magical backyard wedding reception. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and I couldn't have done it without her! I would absolutely recommend Kirkbrides for any Cleveland wedding.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Katie · Married on 05/04/2013

I cannot write enough wonderful things and cannot express how valuable Allison Miller of Kirkbrides Wedding Planning and Design was to me during my wedding planning process. Allison kept me organized and saved me money and time. She maintained contracts, asked pertinent and important questions (ones that never crossed my mind!), managed vendors, and kept me on budget. A lot of stress during the planning process is keeping the little (yet important) details straight and Allison was there to handle it all.
    I had many ideas for the style of wedding I wanted, and Allison took my dream wedding and executed it impeccably. She knew how to accomplish all of the ideas that I thought were merely magazine photo shoots – and all within my budget!
    Allison recommended vendors within my budget that fit with the style of my wedding. I was comfortable with all the vendors I chose knowing that Allison had worked with them before. She facilitated open communication between my vendors and me. She answered every question I had promptly and thoroughly – I was constantly impressed by her knowledge. She worked tirelessly for me and she wouldn’t rest until I was happy.
    By the time the week of my wedding arrived I didn’t have a worry in the world. Because of Allison I was able to enjoy the days leading up to my wedding without an ounce of stress or fear that I was forgetting something. She fielded last minute questions and confirmed all of my vendors. The day of my wedding went off without a single hitch. She managed the itinerary seamlessly. She made sure the décor was executed perfectly. She truly made my wedding day perfect. I honestly don’t know how I would have done it all without her!
    One of the greatest parts of working with Allison is that my mom, my husband and I were able to enjoy the experience knowing that we were in very capable hands. I can’t thank Allison enough for everything she did for us!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Anne · Married on 04/27/2013

Valarie and Kirkbrides came highly recommended to me by a multiple people. Best decision ever to hire Valarie. She was beyond helpful throughout my entire planning process and I really trusted her. She has such unique, creative ideas and fantastic taste to match. I was always relieved after running something by her. She is highly organized and equally kind, approachable and understanding. She knows the Cleveland wedding scene, always has an answer (which is is exactly what you want when you are planning a wedding), has great contacts and has the ability to visualize the “big picture” to ensure easy transitions, keep track of time and manage other vendors. My mom and I got to enjoy every moment because she was at the wedding coordinating. I wouldn’t have done it without her.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Angela · Married on 11/17/2012

Hiring Valarie as our wedding planner was the best decision we could have made when it came to planning our (complicated!) dream day. My husband and I wanted to have a multi-cultural wedding with two ceremonies, a cocktail hour, and reception all in one evening and Valarie made our dream come true. She not only made our dream a reality but she was an absolute delight to work with and made the entire process a joy! I HIGHLY recommend Valarie to any bride and groom looking to plan their wedding day!

Sent on 11/19/2012

Jaclyn · Married on 11/17/2012

Kirkbrides was unbelievable to work with!! I felt like I made all the decisions and was in control, but that all the ideas and hard work were already done. Their relationships with other vendors is priceless. I would suggest a vendor because their website was lovely and Kirkbrides would be able to agree with my decision or suggest another vendor based on weddings in the past. I wish I could get married every year so we could continue planning.

Sent on 01/08/2013
  • User2040884 · 2+ years ago

I cannot say enough good things about working with Allison at Kirkbrides. Working with her was, hands down, the best wedding decision we made. We hired Allison for "day of coordination," which is such an understatement considering everything she did. I was planning from out of state and she was unbelievably helpful via phone and e-mail giving us recommendations on vendors and helping us with various logistical issues. We had an in-person meeting, a walk through at the venue the week of the wedding, she attended our rehearsal, and on the day of the wedding she seemed to be in a million places at once (and always with a smile!) She did so much and I just felt like we were in such good hands and it allowed my husband and I to relax so much more on the day of the wedding. Our wedding would not have been the same without her!

Sent on 05/03/2014

Deborah · Married on 10/27/2012

Allison Miller couldn't have done more for us. She is a true professional and helped make my daughter's wedding day very stress free for us!

Sent on 12/13/2012

We hired Valarie to plan my daughter's wedding in 2011 and recently my son's wedding in 2012. Each time we were extremely happy with the results. Valarie and her staff facilitated the weddings in a very inconspicuous manner. Valarie's attentiveness to detail make the day beautiful and stress-free. In each case, the brides were out of town and Valarie was very responsive to their questions and concerns. I highly recommend Valarie and her team to make your wedding day a day to remember!

Sent on 12/12/2012

Jody · Married on 08/10/2012

Allison Miller and her team took great care of my daughters wedding dreams and planned a wedding day that actually surpassed all of our expectations!!!!!! This beautiful day was planned in 4 short months which is further testimony to Allisons professionalism and organization!!!!!!
    Allison guided us to vendors that all delivered everything they had promised and really translated my daughter and son in laws vision into reality. We could not have been more pleased.
    Allison responded quickly to all questions , kept everything moving forward and provided us with input and advice when needed. Her calm and caring nature was a huge blessing throughout the whole process.
    The day of the wedding was so much fun and we had an amazing wedding experience . Allison and her team took care of everything. My daughter , son in law and my husband and myself were able to take part fully in the days events because of the Kirkbrides team. We were free from having to manage the details of the day . Thank you to Allison and her team from Kirkbrides.

Sent on 08/23/2012

Liz · Married on 07/28/2012

From start to finish this was an amazing process, and my daughter and I could not have been in better hands. Valarie "got" our concept right away and then executed it in such a way that the whole event was just magical. I could not have been more relaxed througout the process, according to my friends. Valarie's attention to detail, her guidance and vision made it an event to remember. I will miss seeing Valarie now that it is over!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Ann · Married on 05/26/2012

Below is a portion of my thank you letter to Valarie and her team. I cannot say enough great things about them!

"When we first set out to plan a wedding for 300 guests, I had no idea where to begin. Kirkbrides broke the process down, step-by-step, starting with the big-ticket items and working our way down to the smallest detail. Kirkbrides will set up an online portal where they store all of your contracts and update your budget as each item is complete. It was so easy to access and we always knew where we stood in terms of $.

I lived in Cleveland for just three years when we started planning the wedding. I had no idea what florist or lighting vendor was “good,” and the sea of potential vendors was endless (just go to any bridal show). Because Kirkbrides has operated in the Cleveland wedding market for years, it already had a list of vetted vendors that previously demonstrated their ability to provide exemplary work. I cannot tell you how much easier it was for us to review five potential bands instead of researching every potential band in the greater Cleveland area.

One of the other major reasons we decided to hire a wedding planner was to take the stress off of our families during the week leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day. And while I think it is typical for the bride’s mother to start out skeptical of the wedding planner, I can’t tell you how many times my Mom and I said, “I can’t imagine doing this without Valarie.” Our Moms were able to focus on managing the families and friends; while Kirkbrides worried about executing the details. This allowed everyone to relax and enjoy the wedding day, instead of worrying about the small details, such as whether or not the head-table is set up correctly.

Kirkbrides’ creativity is second to none. An example of when we really had to trust your experience was when you suggested we start with a fifteen minute dance set after the cocktail hour and before dinner. When you suggested this for the first time, I’m sure I looked at you like you had two heads. I had never seen this done before! But once you explained to us that this set the tone of the event and kept the guests engaged, we decided to go for it. Thank goodness we did! The dance floor was packed for the entire night! I can’t tell you how many comments we heard that “so-and-so never dances, but they were dancing up a storm tonight!”

A second example of Kirkbrdies’ creativity was the dance floor decal. It started with a telephone conversation where I was telling you about this amazing dance floor decal I saw on David Tutera’s show “My Fair Wedding.” I was telling you about it, never thinking that it could be a possibility for our Cleveland wedding. You immediately jumped in with, “We can totally do that if you want to!” Within a few days, you located the company that prepared the dance floor on the show, solicited a quote and checked to ensure the wedding venue would allow such a dance floor. We used the dance floor decal (we are the first to do so in Cleveland, I believe?), and it accented the room beautifully. David Tutera, himself. would be proud."

Sent on 06/26/2012

Kelly · Married on 05/11/2012

Kirkbrides Wedding Planning was the best thing I ever did for my wedding! Valarie is amazing and really knows what she's doing! Every little thing that never even came to my mind, she would think of! Our wedding was beyond what I could have ever dreamed, and I know we owe a big part of that to her! She is friendly, always in contact when you need her and so dedicated to making every detail just what you want! Thank you Valarie!!

Sent on 05/27/2012

annie · Married on 09/17/2011

Valarie and her staff are phenomenal!! Kirkbride Wedding Planners were invaluable throughout my entire wedding planning process. Valarie's organization, knowledge of the wedding process, professionalism and can do attitude made my wedding into the most beautiful day my family, my husband and I could have ever imagined. I had a large wedding, with the ceremony held outside, cocktail hour on the club's veranda and the reception in a beautiful tent. There was a TON of planning, coordinating, imagination and strategy that had to go into my wedding. Kirkbride's was so helpful in introducing us to top tier vendors and coordinating their services to provide for a seamless wedding day. Valarie and her team of wedding coordinators were so comprehensive in their duties that I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Valarie is not only a lovely person, but she is great to work with! I am thrilled that she was a part of my wedding planning process.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Katie · Married on 07/16/2011

When it came to my wedding day, I wanted everything to be perfect. Kirkbride's ensured just that. I had a vision in my head and Kirkbride's was there each step of the way to ensure that each and every last detail was to my very liking. I am so pleased and honored with how beautifully everything went on my big day. I could not have asked for a better wedding planner. Kirkbride's is truly amazing. They made all of my dreams come to life and did such an incredible job. I would recommend them to everyone! Truly EXCEPTIONAL work.

Sent on 12/20/2011

Katie · Married on 07/16/2011

Any girl would be sure to say that the most important day of their life is their wedding day. When it comes to your wedding day, the vase amount of elements that go in to the planning is absolutely overwhelming. My husband and I did not want a long engagement. It was my dream to get married during the summer and after he purposed in December, we didn’t have much time to get everything together – only seven months to be exact! We both knew that we needed someone we could trust to help us get everything in order. Valarie Kirkbride, in the wedding planning world, was our knight in shining armor. She was absolutely the best person we could have had be a part of every little detail in our wedding. Kirkbrides was there each and every step of the way, with suggesting the right vendors for our event, helping us pick the décor, flowers and linens, the tents, band, chairs and so so so much more. Kirkbrides not only kept us on track with our time frame, but also successfully coordinated everything with all the various vendors.

Kirkbrides was so organized and helped us to plan the most perfect event for our budget. I could not imagine not having Kirkbrides be our wedding planner. Each meeting was something that not only my husband and I enjoyed going to together, but it was a group gathering that my parents so very much enjoyed being a part of as well – and they could not have been more accommodating to our schedules! To this day I remain friends with Valarie. Kirkbrides was truly what made my wedding day the best day of my entire life. I could not be happier and more thankful for everything they did for us. Thank you Kirkbrides!!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Jen · Married on 06/11/2011

We worked with Kirkbrides for day of coordination services, and it might have been the best investment we made for our wedding! We worked with Allison, who ended up having a conflict on our date. She made arrangements for coverage but continued to work with us pretty much up until our wedding day. Our reception was at Whiskey Island, and Allison and the other coordinators we worked with (I am blanking on their names, Maura and one other...) were amazing. Everything went smoothly and if something went wrong, I still don't have a clue, which is exactly what I wanted! I think I have Kirkbrides to thank for my essentially stress free wedding day.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Shannon · Married on 05/29/2011

Valarie Kirkbride and her team offer excellent service and quality. Valarie offered many ideas and recommended vendors during the planning process. She set up all the appointments and kept all the details organized for us. The weekend of the wedding Valarie and her team took care of every last detail so that we were able to relax and enjoy our wedding day. I couldnt imagine planning a wedding without her.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Manju · Married on 04/30/2011

Words could not begin to express how wonderful Allison helped make our wedding day! From beginning to end, our experience with Kirkbrides was amazing. Who knew planning a wedding could be so stress free! We love you Allison!!!

Sent on 09/21/2011

Barbara · Married on 12/04/2010

Brides look no further, hiring Kirkbrides is the best decision you will make! If you want a beautiful, magical, stressfree fairy tale day, this is the service for you. This is the best money you will ever spend, it is worth every penny! The wedding you dreamed of when you were a little girl will come true and they make it so easy. They will have everything organized and planned out, they will connect you with reliable, quality vendors, they will keep you on budget, they will handle the details and they will be there every step of the way. It will come together flawlessly and you will be amazed-I know I was!!

Sent on 09/24/2011

Cheryl · Married on 10/16/2010

Kirkbrides Wedding Planning & Design staff are thoroughly professional in all customer and vendor contact. Plus, their design capabilities are fabulous! Because of the excellent relationships they have with area vendors, customers can trust that all aspects of the wedding will be done on time, within budget, and perfectly executed! Working with Kirkbrides was a wonderful experience!!

Sent on 11/08/2010