Kirk Mitchell Photography Reviews

2 | Houston, TX

2 Reviews for Kirk Mitchell Photography

Marilyn · Married on 03/30/2018

We could not be happier with Kirk Mitchell Photography!

We looked around a lot and found the right company. Once we read the mission statement of Kirk Mitchell, we knew we had found the perfect Studio to capture our memories on our wedding day.

We looked through their photographers available and while the portfolios of each were great, there was something special about Kirk's candid shots, that pulled us in.
    After the first email correspondence with Kirk, we knew we had made the right decision. A renowned photographer in his own right, the owner of this studio, answers his own emails and phone calls.

We had the pleasure of having Kirk spend 6 hours with us on our wedding day.
    He was very kind, with a wonderful spirit and he was busy taking photos the entire time. He must have been exhausted but we never saw it. He had such a great work ethic and the guests even noticed.

We couldn’t wait to see our photos and in a couple of weeks, there they were online ! It was Thanksgiving weekend and seeing our photos gave us one more thing to be thankful for!

Kirk offered us a great deal to purchase all 1100 of our photos on a flash drive for a discounted rate which was a great opportunity for us to not have to pick and choose.

The flash drive has just arrived and what a joy it is to see our photos as we flip through them on our computer.
    Kirk and his camera captured every laugh, every tear, every kiss, and he saw things we never saw. These photos will be cherished for a lifetime.
    We are so excited to have our favorites printed and shared with our family and friends.

If you're reading this review, you're probably very busy preparing for your wedding. The best advice I can give you is to stop looking at any other company - choose Kirk Mitchell Photography.

Sent on 04/13/2018

3.0
      1.0
      2.0

Terrible photography, worse service

It was bad enough that my original photographer who I booked through Kirk (photographer named Ricky) double booked himself for my wedding day, and 3 weeks before my wedding suddenly couldn't come even though I had booked him more than 6 months in advance.
    The last-minute photographer Kirk found for me (Ruben) claimed he was an experienced wedding photographer, even though his portfolio was entirely studio portraits. I emailed him a detailed list of my "must-have" photos along with a schedule of the day so he knew where we would be at what time.
    1. He showed up at the wrong location and we had to guide him to where we were getting ready.
    2. He spent the majority of our pre-wedding time asking "What do you want me to take photos of? What do you want next?" instead of acting like he had ever shot a wedding before.
    3. The post-ceremony "must-haves" did not happen. There were at least 6 items on my must have list that he completely ignored or forgot or never read (I'm not sure which is worse).
    4. Not one single photo the whole day of my husband with me and our 3 kids. Not one photo of the groomsmen together.
    5. Somehow he DID manage to get more than 30 photos of our DJ. (Why on earth would I want that many photos of the DJ???)
    6. When we went outside to take our sunset/golden hour photos we verbally told him "we don't know how to pose or what to do, you will need to tell us how to stand, whether to look at each other or at you or kiss, etc" and he did none of that. The videographer (who was amazing, I will do a separate review for him! Chris Coats for the win!) actually had to step in and tell Ruben where/how to pose us, and even then there are only 3-4 poses. Holding hands and looking at each other, walking away from the camera, or standing side by side like a formal portrait. That was it. (Until Chris had us do a dip/spin move from our first dance that Ruben captured by some miracle).

Since then, I have emailed Kirk to let him know my experience and he clearly does not care that these low quality people represent his brand. He is making it out to be like I should have been more clear and communicative with Ruben and I should have been more verbal about what I wanted.

To add to this, Kirk requires that the client pays shipping and handling for receiving the wedding photos/package. And what's more is that part of my package is images on a USB drive, and I only just found out today that I HAVE TO PROVIDE THE USB DRIVE. So I have to pay for shipping BOTH ways.

In my attempts to let Kirk know a) how bad my experience was and b) how I tried to communicate beforehand as well as during the wedding, he has stood by the side of his photographer with the statement "lesson learned by all". And then tried to get me to pay him $100 to get all 850 images on a USB because its "I don't have to spend the time picking and choosing". Absolutely horrendous. DO NOT USE HIS SERVICE.

Sent on 10/28/2019