61 Reviews for King Street Studios

High-Res Images (1)
Digital Files (1)
59 King Street Studios Reviews

We were very fortunate to have King Street Studios photograph our wedding this month. From the beginning Todd was professional, supportive, kind, understanding and had excellent communication. Several times over the course of the year leading up to our wedding, he took time out of his day to talk to me about photos and timelines when I got worried. He was always available to chat and I always got a response to e-mail communication in 24 hours or less. On the day of the wedding, Todd and Matt, as well as their sweet assistant Kelly, were extremely professional, fun to work with, flexible and so very talented! Both guys have a super laid-back attitude that’s perfect for stressed brides and preoccupied grooms and they do an outstanding job of keeping you on track and ensuring they get all the shots you asked for plus about five hundred you didn’t even think of. They also have a wonderful dynamic with your guests for group shots and got some wonderful group photos of our family and friends. Even our guests were raving about them by the reception! We received a sneak peak of over 100 photos only a week after our wedding and all of our photos less than 3 weeks after the wedding! Both Todd and Matt have incredible creative talent and my groom and I were absolutely blow away by all of the unique shots that came out of our day. Our photos are truly gorgeous and more than we ever dreamed they would be. They look like they belong in a magazine! Using King Street Studios was the best vendor decision we made and I would absolutely recommend them to any couple who wants the photos of a lifetime. Thank you so much Todd and Matt for sharing your talents with us on our wedding day! All of your professionalism, talent, hard work and dedication to your trade are clear in our photos and Brian and I will be forever grateful that you were a part of our day.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/2/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Todd and Matt did our surprise engagement photos in June of 2014. Of course we had them photograph our wedding in September 2015 as well.
We have heard nothing but amazing things about all of our photos, engagement and wedding.
We had 4 photographers at our wedding and they were all amazing and so easy to work with.
Todd let us enjoy our wedding and make a timeline that worked for us. We did not miss out on enjoying our reception due to getting photos. But, don't get me wrong, we had plenty of photos! We have not seen them all, but did get a 150 picture "sneak peak" that just made us more excited to see the rest. I can't even imagine how many pictures were taken by the 4 of them during the 10 hours that they were with us on our wedding day!
My husband and I consider Todd and Matt part of the family after having been there during 2 of the happiest days of our lives!
Thank you for everything!
Hope to see you next time we are in Charleston!

Profile Picture Kendra, 9/10/15, 15 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Todd and Matt were wonderful. They were very patient with all of our crazy, non traditional ideas. The helped to make the day wonderful, and our pictures are amazing!! If you are in the Charleston, SC area you should absolutely use King Street Studios for any photography needs.

Profile Picture Tracy, 5/5/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

From our initial call to the very end of the reception, Todd was present, professional, fun and went out of his way to make sure we were receiving amazing service. He does not nickel and dime and seems to just care about making sure he and his assistants are providing getting great photos. He clearly enjoys what he does and it shows in his photography.

I had a less traditional wedding (on the beach) and was concerned about opportunities for good pics. Todd and his assistants took amazing photos and subtly created great photo opps. The pics are constantly receiving compliments. I could not have asked for a better experience. THANKS TODD AND CREW!

Profile Picture User4212387, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amazing images! Photography was our number one priority when we began wedding planning, so we spent a lot of time researching and interviewing photographers in both Charleston and New York (where we live). We are so lucky Todd was available for our date! From the moment we spoke to him we knew we had found someone exceptional. Todd is just amazingly talented and passionate, not only about his craft but about sharing our story. Most importantly (particularly for my fiancé), he is just really cool and easy to get along with.

When you start researching photographers, you begin to realize that so many photos are the exact same pose over and over, nothing unique to the couple. So many photographers tout their photojournalistic style, but when you look through a complete wedding album, you find that only a handful of the images are frame-worthy. Todd was able to capture not only the spontaneous moments, but he also gave us some direction. He has an incredible eye for important things like lighting, color, and framing the shot—these are not cookie-cutter shots.

Our engagement shoot was in New York, including Central Park and Times Square. And our wedding was in Charleston. Our friends and family honestly couldn't believe the range of amazing pictures—from utterly dramatic to romantic to fun (both our moms cried). Our friends were so impressed they immediately booked King Street for their wedding.

After getting to know Todd very well through such an intimate process we really cannot recommend Todd and his team enough. He has gone above and beyond in so many ways. This was the one part of the wedding that I knew I just didn't need to worry about. I didn't even try to put together a shot list because I knew I could trust him to manage our bridal party and family and to capture everything flawlessly. The hardest part has been limiting the number of photos we hang on the wall! They're honestly all so unique and beautiful; and they truly captured the joy we felt that day!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/17/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

The photographs are just beautiful and we absolutely love their style! These could be in a magazine! We couldn't be happier with them!

Profile Picture Crista, 11/2/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I couldn't have been any happier with King Street Studios. Todd and his crew were professional, polite and fun to work with. Even our family commented on how professional they were at the wedding. And the pictures-- oh my, the pictures- they are AMAZING! He captured moments I didn't even remember and with such flair and creativity! I am still getting compliments on our photos! I strongly believed in getting a good photographer since after the wedding all you have left are the memories and the photos. We got more than we paid for (which he is WELL worth!) and couldn't have been more pleased. l will recommend Todd over and over again- you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jill, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Todd and his team are absolutely amazing, the exact type of people you want around you on your wedding day...extremely excited, professional yet relaxed, and so much fun to work with. The memories we have in our photos look like they belong in a gallery, beyond stunning and yet so us! We could not have imagined a better day and Todd truly captured it!

Profile Picture Alexis, 10/11/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I feel so blessed we were able to book Kings Street Studios for our engagement/wedding pictures. Todd and Matt were by far one of the best parts of our entire wedding experience.
Being from NY, my husband and I are used to the best, and we are fortunate to have found a wedding photographer who is by far better than any photographer we've seen in NYC. Todd's photography of Charleston is the reason I picked the city for our destination wedding. His work is stunning and inspirational for the type of wedding I wanted.
King Street's Studio photography is not your average wedding photographer. The work is not only beautiful, but extremely unique. Todd Surber has an eye that simply cannot be compared.
Beyond the photography, Todd and Matt are amazing to work with. They are so much fun to be around, and make being in front of the camera easy and natural. Seriously, him and his assistant were a blast getting to know, and so much fun at the wedding itself. However, they were always extremely professional. You could tell Todd always had a picture in the back of his mind. I would say I was an extremely difficult bride to photograph on my wedding day, as I wouldn't stay still for a picture for one moment, but it didn't phase them. We were so happy to have them come to our after-party, and we hope more than anything to see them again. We are already coming up with events in our life that will need photography, so we can work with them again.
My husband and I would give them more than 5 stars if we could. If you are blessed to book Kings Street Studios for your event or wedding, don't hesitate a moment. They are truly the best, and their work beyond.
Monica & Derek

Profile Picture Monica, 10/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

What to say about King Street... I'm not sure I can even articulate how phenomenal they were on our wedding day.

My husband and I are from Cleveland and got married in South Carolina, so we had to pick our vendors from afar which is somewhat daunting. In addition to that, my husband is a professional photographer and was being very selective about photographers.

However, he dug in and went through several photographers websites, but stopped in his tracks when he landed on King Street Studios. He was on the phone with Todd, and before I knew it he had them booked. We didn't get to meet them until our wedding day, but we could tell instantly that they were professional, easy going, personable, and most importantly- incredibly creative people. It was really important to us that we didn't have the same wedding photos as everyone else, we wanted Todd to get creative...which we hope was as fun for him as it was us.

He certainly delivered! For one set up, we were on a 4 inch thick wall that separated a hot tub from a pool, one small slip and we would have been in the pool in our wedding dress and suit. Luckily we kept it together and didn't fall in.

Our photos turned out to be amazing, they made my mom cry all over again. They captured the fun, emotional and hilarious moments that made the day ours. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 10/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Todd is amazing! From his service to his photography, he blew me and my family and friends away! He was always available either via phone or email. He is friendly and professional. He has a great eye and takes the best pictures! I was expecting to just have a handful of pictures from our wedding that we absolutely loved, but instead we had hundreds! Seriously! He sent us a sneak peak of over 200 of the best photos and they were all beautiful! Everyone who has seen these photos says they are the best wedding photos they have ever seen and belong in a magazine. Needless to say, we are thrilled! Todd and Matt (and the assistant they had with them during our wedding...so sorry I cannot recall his name) were just wonderful. I highly recommend Todd and Matt. They are worth every penny (and more!)!!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Todd and his photographers at King Street Photography stood out amongst the massive amount of photographers in Charleston. His pictures, galleries and past work were so unique that I knew I needed him for my wedding! Once I met him, I completely saw how much photography and his business meant to him, which shines through in his photographs. My husband and I couldn't be more happier with our wedding pictures! All of my friends and family are ooing and awwing over them because they are definitley not your vanilla portrait photographs, they are so unique and beautiful! Just looking at them makes me re-live my special day and that is all a bride can ask for! You're in good hands with Todd and his crew and you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jill, 9/21/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

my fiance and I had done an engagement session with Todd. Not only was he an amazing photographer but he saved us from a really stressful time. We had previously booked an engagement shoot with another photographer very early on in our engagement, and due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to change at the very last minute. A friend of ours recommended Todd and by my first phone call, we were quickly on the books (within weeks of when we needed the shoot). Not only was he very well organized, but we received our pictures within 5 days of the session (which made it great to have our save the dates sent out as soon as possible). It was an overall great experience and I would recommend to anyone and everyone. Plus, EVERYONE has complimented about how amazing our pictures are!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/10/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had a destination wedding in Charleston and found King Street Studios online. We were blown away by his photography, responsiveness, and professionalism. He managed to capture every special moment without us even knowing he was there! He was completely focused on our special day and brought his team to ensure everything was photographed. Our pictures turned out amazing! They looked like a fairy tale!

Profile Picture User3765311, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance hired King Street Studios to capture our engagement at the Angel Oak tree in Charleston, SC. Todd was great to work with and truly joined in our excitement! Todd captured every moment of the surprise which is an amazing memory to have documented - everything from my fiance down on one knee to all the many hugs and smiles to follow. He incorporated the landscape wonderfully in all the shots making for an unbelievable finished product. We just received our photographs and the quality is great! Thank you, Todd!!

Profile Picture User3768460, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Several weeks before proposing to my fiance in Charleston, SC, I decided that I wanted to hire a professional photographer to capture our engagement. Like most men planning a surprise proposal, I was nervous about all the details and wanted everything to go perfectly. After speaking with Todd from King Street Studios, he was clearly the right guy for the job. He took the time to understand my plans and helped bring them to life. Not only did he capture the emotion of the moment, he was also able to incorporate the beautiful lowcountry setting. Needless to say, the pictures turned out amazing and we’ve shared them will all our family and friends. I highly recommend Todd and his work – you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture User3768568, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

While planning our daughter's wedding, we prioritized what was most important to both mom and daughter. Photography and videography were on the top of the list. Knowing that when all of the excitement was over and the flowers faded, those two things would be there forever for us to relive this most cherished event. So we set out to find the perfect vendors in these areas. For photography, we found that perfection with King Street Studios! Todd was excellent. We could not be more pleased with how the wedding photos turned out. Simply incredible! The photos were certainly magazine worthy. The Charleston, SC wedding was spectacular and Todd captured every moment with breathtaking photos. We were blown away by the quality of his work. Everyone that looks at the photos comment about the quality. Every detail of the wedding was caught on film flawlessly. Again, we could not have chosen anyone better to capture this day for our daughter and her fiancé. Todd is fun to work with, very creative, and thoroughly loves to photograph brides. In conclusion, there is one word that comes to mind to accurately describe our experience and end result with Todd and King Street Studios and that is none other than 'excellent'! Excellent experience and excellent end result.

Profile Picture Connie , 8/24/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Unbelievable pictures!! They stayed until the end of the reception. Todd does amazing work!! Highly recommended :)

Profile Picture Jessica , 8/23/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Todd and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with! They worked very hard, took no short cuts, and because of their laid back approach, my guests even mentioned enjoying their interactions with the photographers. My groom and I were looking for a team that could cover the traditional portraits, and album photos but also possess the talent to take creative & progressive approaches. They provided us with unique and exceptional photos that belong published in bridal editorials, and matter of fact they actually will be! Would choose them again in a second, and recommend them to any bride and groom that want to work with professional, flexible, talented and all around nice people.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 6/20/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Photography to me was one of the most important aspects of my wedding as it is one of the few things that stays with you beyond the wedding day. My husband and I spent a lot of time researching different photographers and couldn't have been more thrilled with Todd Surber from King Street Studios. Todd was extremely enthusiastic, helpful, flexible, and understanding of a bride who came with many ideas. Our engagement photo shoot was fantastic (and resulted in the best save-the-dates). Todd and Matt were very willing and open to shots that I wanted and suggested many things that I hadn't thought of. The pictures were amazing - I knew I had picked the right photographer for my wedding. Six months after my wedding, I am still poring over all of the photos and the day seems as alive as it did six months ago because of how well the photos captured the memories. Todd and his staff were there for every moment, but never in the way. They took the right amount of staged photos vs. candid photos. While the planned photos are always nice and good to get, it's amazing how the in-the-moment photos really become the favorites. That is where Todd and his staff really show their skill - many photographers are great at staging a photo, but very few are really able to capture the moments like they can.

Profile Picture Alexandria, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There is no shortage of wedding photographers in the Charleston area, and my wife and I knew not to skimp on our photographer. King Street Studios, and the owner Todd were fantastic throughout the entire process. From engagement photos to the big day they were always prepared and professional and take stunning photographs. One of the photographers, Matt, who took our Groomsmen photos captured some great candid photos as we were getting ready and had some great ideas for group shots of the groomsmen. Throughout our wedding day Todd and Matt made us feel comfortable and never let taking pictures get in the way of having a great day. They captured some great family photos as well as photos of our friends and the reception as a whole, making it easy to relive the day through our photographs. I would without hesitation recommend King Street Studios to anyone looking for amazing wedding photographers.

Profile Picture Brandon, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Todd and his team took photos far beyond what me and my bride could have imagined. When we met with Todd we could tell he and his team were going to be more than just wedding photographers. They were nice, relaxed, came early and stayed late! They are talented and extremely professional! Being locals we are fully aware of the abundance of photographers in our area. We selected King Street based on their portfolio and reputation. They did a fantastic job! Our pictures are stunning!

Profile Picture Frank, 6/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Todd and his team were amazing. They gave us a large number of wonderful photographs. With his assistants, he was able to capture every angle of our wedding day. Todd was very professional and always responsive to any questions I had. He worked very hard to prepare the final product for us and we couldn't be happier with his services. The pictures are beautiful.

Profile Picture stephanie, 5/26/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Todd, Matt, and their assistant did a great job photographing our wedding. I chose them because I liked their photojournalistic style, but our posed pictures were also great.

Pros:
- Style and eye: the photos are not only good of us, but beautiful photos in and of themselves.
-Posed shots came out natural-looking and beautiful. I'm not photogenic and the photos of my husband and I look natural and not cheesy
-Flexibility: they agreed to travel to Pawleys Island, SC to photograph my wedding at no extra charge. This set them apart from the competition, especially at their caliber
- They stayed until the end, which was longer than we paid, in order to get that last leaving-the-reception shot. Wow!
- They are nice to work with and completely professional! The photos are magazine-worthy.

Cons:
- Nothing major. Some conversations we had had months before seemed to have been forgotten, especially about certain shots. They have a lot of weddings, so make sure you over-communicate the week before
- I didn't get to do a bridal shoot, I'd recommend you take advantage of this if you can!

Profile Picture User3351474, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Todd, Matt and his team, King Street Photography is absolutely amazing. We had both our engagement and wedding shooting with them, and it was 100% satisfied. Personally, I'm detailed and oriented person, so I did tons of research before pick King Street Photography.

They are willing to work with you in many ways. I was able to tell they really enjoyed the shooting themselves as well :) We still hear from the guests from my wedding talk about Todd and his team were absolutely phenomenal!

I highly recommend Todd and King Street Photography who are having special occasions!

Profile Picture Scott, 5/5/13, 1 Review