Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings Reviews

Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings 4
Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings 5
Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings 6

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

Kindred Spirit Event Planning was the best investment we made for our daughter's 250+ guest wedding! Melanie and Joel and their team provided the perfect support we needed for such an important day, making it an epic and beautiful wedding!

From the very beginning, Kindred Spirit thought of and guided us through every single detail required to make such a large event a fun and flawless wedding for the bride and groom, our families and friends. Melanie and Joel mastered the balance of getting to know each of us and our wishes, style, and budget with providing the best suggestions for every single vendor -- all of which she has vetted and know so well that we had the easy job of saying 'yes' to her recommendations. And every one of our vendors (venues, caterers, photographers, videographers, dj, florist, decor, furniture, lighting, hair and make up, transportation, hotels and accommodations, etc.) were superb!

Kindred Spirit came to us through a friend who highly recommended them and we are pleased to do the same -- hiring Kindred Spirit Event Planning to help plan your event (at any level!) is the best choice you can make.

• Z

Zatha · Married on 05/05/2018

If you are wondering whether or not to invest in a wedding planner, stop wondering and do it. If you are wondering whom to hire, look no further. It will be the best money you spend in the creation of your wedding. Melanie and Joel were indispensable to us from day one of planning to the days following the wedding (submitting our marriage license and returning decor and keepsakes). They enhanced the entire experience and made the planning part so much fun that we almost wished our wedding date was a few months later because we enjoyed the process so much.

Melanie and Joel are exceedingly organized, and have incredible forethought to think of the little things that would never have crossed your mind. For example, something as small as transporting the bridesmaids things from salon to ceremony to reception. They have a solution for everything, and their energy and excitement is contagious. They were flexible with meeting up for multiple planning sessions and took the time to write an "after action report' for every meeting, capturing the key topics of discussion and remaining action items.

Our wedding had 250 guests, and the ceremony and reception locations were different. Needless to say there were a lot of moving parts, but leading up to the wedding I had NO nerves and no concerns. My wedding was in the hands of Melanie and Joel and I had the utmost confidence in them to pull it off. They did and it was incredible. Make your wedding the best it can be with Kindred Spirits Event Planning. Melanie and Joel are unmatchable.

Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings 7
    Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings 8
    Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings 9
    Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings 10
    Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings 11
    Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings 12

Armando · Married on 05/04/2018

Just want to express my gratitude for the great job you did with Matt and Zathas wedding on the USS North Carolina on weekend of May 4th and 5th. The rehearsal and after get together went great. The wedding day could not have gone better. The reception was great all around my sincere gratitude for making this a great event for two great young people. Great job.

Sincerely,

Armando Castro

Elisa · Married on 10/13/2017

Thanks to Kindred Spirit Event Planning with Melanie and Joel, we were able to enjoy our son's "fairy tale" wedding and have a memorable stress-free day. The ceremony was at Airlie Gardens and the reception was at my home on the water. Melanie and Joel coordinated everything from all the vendors to making sure the "day of" ran smoothly. We are very thankful for their professionalism and expertise in party planning. I highly recommend Melanie and Joel for any event in the Wilmington area. They are extremely knowledgeable and detail oriented and they will work with your theme and do whatever it takes to make sure you have a successful event. Thank you Melanie and Joel. We will be sure to call on you again for our next event.

Bradley · Married on 09/08/2017

Couldn’t have asked for a better wedding planner!!! Melanie and Joel were very hospitable and we couldn’t have done the wedding without them!!! India and I love y’all very much!!! Kindred Spirit was hands down the best decision we make in regards to our wedding (except marrying my best friend)!!!! We made life long friends and will most definitely use them in the future for other events!!!

Laura Ashley · Married on 06/17/2017

Melanie and Joel were so unbelievably helpful throughout the planning process! She was calm when I needed calm and assertive when it was required. She got things fixed when they went wrong, which usually turned out better than the original plan. The wedding day was no different. I have no idea how smoothly things were behind the scenes (which was AMAZING) but everything turned out just like I wanted it. It truly was my fairytale wedding and I have Melanie and team to thank for that! I would highly recommend her to future brides.

Jordan · Married on 06/10/2017

Melanie and Joel are the BEST!!! We spent 10 months planning my wedding together, and the end result was absolute perfection. KS makes you feel like you are close friends instead of the cookie cutter bride and planner relationship most event coordinators provide. They are there for every detail of the big day, and every change (small or large) that brides make along the way. They are responsive, attentive, and supportive every single day of your engagement. From personal experience, they went above and beyond to make sure that I had every little thing I wanted and they lifted my spirits when I felt dragged down by pressure from my other vendors. I very highly recommend this amazing team to anyone needing any kind of event planning!

Macgill · Married on 05/19/2017

No words could express our gratitude and appreciation to the team of Kindred Spirits with Melanie and Joel at the helm. THEY ARE WILMINGTON's PREMIER WEDDING PLANNERS. They went above and beyond exceeding all expectations and filled in the critical gaps without us ever knowing. Hired only a month before you would think Melanie had been with us from the very beginning or a year prior. Melanie's professional connections saved our budget and our event. No one compares, especially after speaking to over 8 other planners who called back days after leaving messages or emails.

Kat · Married on 04/23/2017

I hired KSE in August, 2016 to help me plan our April 2017 wedding and I could not have hired a better team. As my prior review stated, this team went above & beyond when it comes to planning an event. Now that my (amazing) wedding has past, I can't say enough about how very hard this team worked to make sure everything was perfect and beautiful. Just a few words: Amazing, above and beyond, fantastic!!! As with all weddings, some things go a bit haywire the "day of", but this team adjusts and corrects like nobody I've ever known. I arrived at our wedding venue without my veil - it got left at the hotel. I was going to accept I wouldn't get to wear it, but within seconds Joel was in his car going to get it!! He hit traffic and had to detour, but nothing stopped him from getting it to me in plenty of time -- amazing!! Our wedding day rained but the KSE team made sure I had ALL my components INSIDE. Our arbor, chandelier, flowers for lawn chairs...ALL inside in our ballroom - amazing. All our guests kept saying how amazing this wedding team was - they fit right in with the guests and our party! They were working so hard, but still managed to have fun along with us! Simply put - I had a BIG BIG vision for my wedding and I simply could have never pulled this off without this team. They never stopped. They responded immediately whenever I emailed or texted. Literally, Melanie was my right arm for six months. I am ever so grateful and thrilled at their service and if you are looking for a planner - there is no need to call anyone else. Call KSE and if you are lucky enough to book them - you will not have a single regret after your wedding!! Thank you SO much Melanie, Joel, Gail...you made my fairytale day come true!!

Katalina · Married on 04/23/2017

I hired Melanie & Joel about 8 months before my April 2017 wedding. Although the wedding is still a few months away, I cannot even imagine having been able to bring my vision to life without them! I have such a big vision of our big day and I could never pull this off alone. Also, for brides who aren't sure about their vision - look no further - this team knows what they are doing and they do not miss a beat. I reached out to many local wedding planners before I chose this team and I could not be happier! First of all, you get just that: a "TEAM". I knew right away I needed to hire them when not only did they respond immediately to my inquiry, but even followed up a week later when I hadn't even had time to reach back out. I can't wait to write another review AFTER the wedding but for anyone looking for a planner in this local area, do yourself a favor and hire Kindred Spirit Event Planners...you will have the wedding of your dreams without any of the stress!

Ana · Married on 09/18/2016

This is easily the best money anyone could spend on their wedding! Melanie and Joel went above and beyond to do a fantastic job and without them, I can't imagine that our day would have come out as perfectly as it did. Our dream venue had some less than stellar reviews, and because we live so far away, we thought we could use some help. I'm so glad we did! The level of expertise, the connections they have, and the frank, honest advice was exactly what we needed. Even if we were married in our own backyard, I would hire them. All of the vendors they recommended and helped us to find did a fantastic job as well. They are also genuinely nice and fun to be around! Which makes everything easier!

Shortly before the wedding, Melanie was hurt, and we honestly weren't that surprised when she showed up on the wedding day with crutches to help out and make sure everything went smoothly. And it did! She went in for surgery a few days later... That's dedication! She even helped me hold my dress up as we crossed a busy street to take bridal portraits off site, so the maid of honor could go enjoy the cocktail hour.

They helped us through finding a photographer, DJ, rentals, negotiating with the venue, and the day of the wedding they were there, with their staff, to help us set up, decorate, wrangle wedding party members who kept disappearing, and ensure that everyone knew what was going on and when and where to be. As the night came to a close and everyone went off to celebrate, they made sure everyone was paid, and they coordinated the packing and clean up. Perhaps most importantly they made sure everyone had fun!

Their attention to detail and the care the put into everything they did ensured our day was worry free. And that is priceless! By the end of the wedding they felt like family!

Erica · Married on 09/10/2016

I do not have enough words to express how amazing the KS team is! All of their services are outstanding and they will give any task 100% attention. They will work with any request or need of you have! They work with your vendors in a professional manner which can take stress away from you! Melanie and Joel are quick to respond and always there to help. The KS team is involved in many networking organizations around the Wilmington area, which allows them know and have relationships with any kinda of vendor you could need.
    As a previous intern, I could not thank Melanie and Joel enough for all the experiences and knowledge they shared with me. Through all the experiences I gained during my internship it has led to a full time event planning position at Montana State University. They taught me to produce and execute events and showed me the importance of every detail. Melanie and Joel are a loving and fun couple to work with! I am so thankful I had the opportunity to intern with them for two years, I could not have made it this far without them!
    Now I can't wait for them to be the event planners for my wedding in a few months! I know without a doubt they will make my big day perfect and stress free!!
    Thank you Melanie and Joel!

Cheryl · Married on 08/03/2016

I would highly recommend Kindred Spirit Events. Melanie, Joel and their entire staff were amazing to work with. Since we are from out of state, I relied on them for every detail of our ceremony and reception. The vendors that they chose were all top-notch. They exceeded all of my expectations! Not only was the staff at KS efficient and professional, they quickly became like old friends. I could not have asked for a better experience.

Amanda · Married on 07/09/2016

Without Melanie and Joel and the rest of the KS team, our amazing wedding would not have been possible! We worked with them for a little less than a year and the amount of work they did for us was incredible--they set up countless meetings, called and emailed vendors, kept track of invoices, gave their professional opinion on decor/set up/vendors/etc (perfect for my indecisiveness!), created a detailed timeline of the day and then executed a flawless event on the actual wedding day! They went above and beyond and made sure every detail was taken care of! Melanie and Joel really became more like family during this entire process and their expertise and input on planning such an important day means the world to us and will never be forgotten! We highly recommend the Kindred Spirit team for your event planning needs!

Christiana · Married on 04/16/2016

We worked as fellow vendors with Melanie and Frank on a wedding at River Landing and had a great experience! They were attentive, responsive, and fun to work with! They had a huge crew pulled together to set up the decor, all of which were upbeat and great to be around. We'd happily recommend them in the future!

Mike · Married on 04/16/2016

Worked with these wonderful people on a great wedding! The whole event was well executed and perfectly planned from the beginning until the last guest departed.

• Emillie

Emillie · Married on 09/05/2015

I do not know what we would have done without KSEP for our wedding. We hired them as "Day Of" coordinators but they were so much more than that. About two weeks before the wedding I started thinking of so many small details and Melanie texted me back almost right away every single time. They ran our rehearsal and what should have felt like an overwhelming time for me wasn't at all! The day of the wedding, she, Joel, and their intern did absolutely everything for us. They provided emergency baskets for the bathrooms, set up everything, moved the chairs inside when it started to rain, handed out all of the payment envelopes, cleaned up afterwards, and helped pack our cars with the decorations that we had brought! After all was said and done, there were cornhole boards that wouldn't fit in our cars and KSEP came back and picked them up for us AND dropped them off at our house (which is an hour out of town)! They truly went above and beyond as planners and I recommend them to anyone who needs help orchestrating their event.

jason · Married on 05/24/2015

My Name is Jason Jackson and I own Global DJ Entertainment in Wilmington NC. I had the pleasure of working with Melanie & Joel Frank with Kindred Spirit Events on May 24, 2015. From the first meeting to end of the event they were on top of things. Keeping it all together and making sure everything was smooth. They make a great team and would be an asset to any event.

Erin · Married on 05/24/2015

Melanie and Joel were a pleasure to work with. They both worked hard to plan out all the details ahead of time so that the wedding day flowed seamlessly. They were very responsive to questions and worked as a team with the other wedding vendors. I would definitely recommend Kindred Spirit Events!

Jen · Married on 05/09/2015

Kindred Spirit Event Planning pulled off the wedding of my dreams! Melanie and Joel managed all of my vendors and handled every little detail the day of the wedding. Even though a few issues came up, I had no idea and the wedding was flawless. I forgot to order a boutonniere for the groom and Melanie put one together at the last minute from my bouquet!

Melanie and Joel are very professional and organized, yet fun and a joy to work with! I highly recommend Kindred Spirit Event Planning to help plan your next event so you can leave the details to them and enjoy your event!

Vanessa · Married on 04/11/2015

Our absolutely beautiful, breath-taking wedding would not have been possible without Kindred Spirit Event Planning , Melanie Frank & Joel Frank! For days and years to come, our very first recommendation to anyone looking for wedding coordinators on their big day, will positively go to them! We have never seen people work as hard, as smoothly and as professionally as they did! They demonstrate how a truly memorable event can come together with their dedication and reliability at the heart of it!!! Our family and friends have continually asked who helped put our wedding together and who created such a smooth event! They were beyond helpful with flexibility and countless meetings, keeping track of invoices, emails, numbers, etc, calling vendors, helping with creative ideas, decorating, set-up, clean-up, and even catering to our guests! Their effort and kindness will never be forgotten :)

Sent on 04/24/2015

Kindred Spirit Elopements and Intimate Weddings's reply:

Thank you Vanessa and we enjoyed every minute spending time with you and Seth. You are such a beautiful couple and so much in love which really made our jobs easier. We look forward to the celebrations of your anniversaries.

They were the perfect addition to our wonderful day. The day went very smoothly and there was never a moment that I had to stress because they had everything together.

• I

Ivy · event on: 06/04/2016

Kindred Spirits Event Planning helped us with our son's Bar Mitzvah. They were fabulous to work with from start to finish. I would highly recommend them to help you with any event. We will definitely be using them for our daughter's Bat Mitzvah in 2018.

Susan · event on: 04/11/2015

It was a pleasure working with Melanie & Joel Frank on each event. Two, very professional people who could not have worked harder and enjoyed every moment of what they were doing. Once in awhile, someone crosses your path that makes your job more rewarding, these are the folks to hire, they can turn a plan room into an exciting and welcoming atmosphere. Their friendly and energizing presence is the exaact blend needed for your next perfect event.