Kim Starr Wise Floral Events Reviews

55 | New Orleans, LA

55 Reviews for Kim Starr Wise Floral Events

Beautiful flowers, we couldn't have been happier with them. A little on the pricier side, but well worth the extra expense :)

Sent on 04/23/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2012

Kim Starr Wise did a beautiful job on my flowers! Her responses to my inquiries were always prompt. Flowers can get really expensive but Kim worked within my budget. I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 07/27/2012

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

Initially the experience with this vendor was a bit stressful, as we had a couple of meetings, but there was confusion over our final plan. In the end, however, Kim met with us and our event planner to nail down all of the details. The outcome was very very beautiful and exactly what we wanted. I would recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 05/15/2014

3.0

I went back and forth between many florists in New Orleans. I just was not willing to accept how expensive flowers were going to be. I finally decided to go with Kim given her reasonable (comparably) prices, flexibility and talented work. My wedding arrangements were exactly what I had asked for. Range of pink roses. They were beautiful when mixed with the candles.

However, my bouquet was not quiet what i wanted. Some of the flowers were not those I had wanted and bruised right away. My husband's boutonniere fell apart in the first hour so he took it off for the reception. I had also took in lace for my bouquet but I guess it was forgotten since the lace was used in the ceremony arrangements and not my bouquet. In terms of the presentation everything was beautiful. However, if you have a clear vision of what you want you should let Kim and her team know so that you get exactly what you want on your wedding day.

Sent on 07/17/2012
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 03/21/2020

1.6
      1.0

COVID Pandemic brought out her worst

I am so upset with how this florist has handled this situation with COVID-19. Sadly, we had to postpone our wedding 7 days before our date. My future MIL emailed her to find out our options. Kim’s response was that, though this was out of everybody’s control, she would only return “Delievery/setup/removal + taxes” and would offer a “courtesy” 10% discount on our reorder. Considering the amount we spent, this felt like a slap in the face.

Kim told us she would only refund $2,000 (coming from aforementioned amount) out of a $7,000 bill and that she would send the bulk order of flowers to our house. This means she charged us for WHOLE centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres and a fully put together flower arch (Not to mention non florals like the isle runner, candles, ribbons). None of which we actually received. She has NOT provided an invoice from her wholesaler to explain the large amount she kept.

After speaking with our lawyer, it is our understanding of the contract that a clause called Force Majeure would apply given that Governmental Authorities are the reason for our postponement. This clause would qualify us for a FULL refund. Kim then told us that this clause only would have applied if we had waited to postpone until two days later even though we postponed AFTER the 250 person gathering limit was enforced and our second line was cancelled—by government order. Given this part of the contract AND that we paid for complete wedding florals and received bulk flowers we will be taking legal action.

We would have been understanding about a certain amount of loss had we felt we were met with reason and some compassion (*NOTE* I had a friend getting married on the same day as us who postponed on the same day as us and her florist returned ALL funds after she successfully re-sold all of their flowers mitigating loss on all ends). Kim instead suggested we donate at our own loss after her very small refund was processed. Obviously we highly recommend finding a different florist as we will be for our postponed wedding.

Sent on 04/14/2020