Kim Starr Wise Floral Events Reviews

55 | New Orleans, LA

55 Reviews for Kim Starr Wise Floral Events

Jennifer · Married on 10/03/2015

Kim Starr Wise and her team are the best! Kim took the vague description of what I had in mind and after looking at a few pictures, exceeded all of my expectations. In fact, I had the opportunity to view our reception site before the wedding began and I burst into tears when I saw how absolutely beautiful everything looked. She created a beautiful chuppah that was stunning against the skyline of our rooftop ceremony site. I wanted gold chandeliers for the reception space and she made it happen. She also provided the floral decor for our wedding cake. I received so many compliments on the bouquets, table centerpieces, etc. Kim kept budget in mind and was honest about what she thought we actually needed and what we didn't. Book them now!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Kim Starr Wise florals for our daughter's wedding were absolutely exquisite. From the type of exotic flowers that were chosen to make the arrangements, to the arrangements themselves, we could not have been happier! Many of our wedding guests noticed and commented positively about the floral arrangements...which upon many wedding occasions go unnoticed. Kim and her staff were extremely easy to work with and were very accomodating when we requested that some special items were attached to her boquet. I would recommend Kim for anyone's wedding and/or event. Kim Starr Wise will 'work their magic' to make the occasion special and memorable for sure!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Kim Starr Wise's team did the flowers for our wedding recently. They were the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen. The team learned our personalities and wants thoughout the process. From the little information we gave them ... The flower arrangements were absolutely stunning. I recommend people use them.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Emily · Married on 06/27/2015

Kim Starr Wise Floral Events did an amazing job on our flowers and lighting & decor for our June 2015 wedding at The Gallery at The Chicory. I planned most of the wedding while living overseas, but throughout it all, Laurie and Herb were amazing with responding and assisting with my questions. Kim saw my vision and made it a beautiful reality. I wanted clean and modern, and that is exactly what they delivered. Our guests are still raving about the flowers. The team offered great suggestions where I needed help, and it all came together beautifully. Thank you for such a wonderful and beautiful experience!!!!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Carrie · Married on 06/06/2015

Kim Starr Wise Floral Events will make not only your wedding day a day you will never forget, but also make the planning and execution of your floral needs so easy. From over the phone, to meeting in person, to delivering your pieces, you are made to feel important and valued, no matter the amount of money you are spending. I had an intimate wedding with 10 adults, and I needed 4 arrangements, along with a bouquet, the boutonnieres and corsages. Herb and Jill made me feel just as important as their largest customer. They sat with me, listened to my ideas, and made it happen. No detail was left undone, even double checking to ensure they had my wedding timeline correct a few days before. Working to ensure my flowers were transferred to the restaurant for the post wedding dinner was the unexpected above and beyond action for which I was not prepared. The staff over delivered on their promise to make my day special, and I am forever grateful for that. Many times we hear a song and it transports us to a point in time. In my case, the day after the wedding, as I moved my flowers to my car, I was struck immediately by the smell and immediately was transported to the night before and how much the smell of my flowers was a part of the day for which I had waited so long. The flowers - their elegant beauty and smell - is what immediately brought me back the magic of my day. Kim Starr Wise Floral Events made that happen. I would give them ten stars if I could, because they added a specialness to my memory that nothing else could.

Sent on 06/26/2015
  • Susie

Susie · Married on 05/16/2015

Kim Starr Wise and her team have a stunning way with florals and linens and a keen understanding of the client's vision. They work professionally and efficiently and I left each appointment feeling like I had a clear idea of what we discussed. Pre-wedding appointments can get overwhelming, I'm not a person who likes endless options and fuss. While KSW offers a vast inventory and countless possibilities she streamlines the whole process by listening carefully to the client. With KSW, options are limitless, but the selection process is controlled and manageable. Also, (floral vendors, take note!) she offers gorgeous linens and table decor alongside her florals.. First off it just makes sense to have florals and linens from the same vendor as you don't have to stress about creating a cohesive look with your own untrained eye. Second, a one stop shop for both??? Yes please!!
    I love the look KSW gave NOMA for my wedding reception. Such a blank canvas and large space requires a true professional who takes great care into her work. I could not be happier and will sing her praises to any Nola bride from now on!!

Sent on 07/24/2015

We booked Kim Starr Wise florals pretty much at the last minute. Other vendors were rude about our oversight, but Kim and Denys did an amazing job and were very professional and courteous. They even helped us cut some corners so that we could get the flowers we wanted that were a bit out of our budget. Seriously, I could not have been happier with the florals for my wedding. Kim Starr Wise Floral Events are superb. A+++

Sent on 06/16/2014

Kim and her amazing team truly surpassed my expectations for our wedding day! When I met with them, I had a photo of a bouquet that I loved as well as few other scattered thoughts. They took my ideas and created beautiful and unique pieces. The girls in the office are so helpful, thorough, professional, and personable. We used antique pieces from our shopping in Europe and the team was so flexible to help us incorporate them into our centerpieces. Also, the morning of our wedding, our cake did not turn out quite as I had expected it to look. I asked if they could do anything to salvage it, and on a whim, they completely transformed my cake into something beautiful. I only have two regrets from my wedding, and they are that I didn't save more of my budget to let Kim and her team go crazy with the flowers and that I don't have pictures of my centerpieces!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Alexis · Married on 02/08/2014

If you are looking to make a statement with your flowers, seeking something unique and out-of-the-box, Kim Starr Wise is the only NOLA florist for you! From the moment you walk into her rustic studio space, you can feel this is a special space where creativity and magic flows. From the moment I met Kim and her team, I knew I could trust them with my vision. They are experts, so I gave them direction and allowed their wings to take flight.. and that they did. My personal flowers, ceremony and reception flowers far exceeded my expectations. Kim was amazing at working within my budget and never made me feel uncomfortable about it, she just got more creative! She was very flexible on any last minute adjustments and personally delivered my flowers the morning of my wedding. With great pleasure, I highly recommend Kim Starr Wise for your wedding or any fabulous occasion.

Sent on 03/31/2014

Kerrie · Married on 10/05/2013

We had the pleasure of working with Kim Starr Wise and her team as we prepared for our wedding day in October 2013. We were immediately drawn to Kim’s creativity and style. She went above and beyond to listen to our ideas and ultimately created a gorgeous design and floral experience while keeping our budget in mind. In addition to our flowers she found a beautiful antique piece that served as an altar during our ceremony. It was exactly what we were envisioning! Kim made sure every detail was covered including providing a back up boutonnière for my husband who’s flower needed a refresh after our first look photo session. We so appreciated the attention and energy she put towards our breathtaking day. Thank you Kim Starr Wise!

Sent on 05/31/2014

Leita · Married on 09/28/2013

Working with Kim and her team was such a blessing! We were coming in from out of town and worked mostly via email and phone. They were all very quick to respond and even followed up after the wedding. She helped design my bouquet and offered suggestions to make it exactly what I pictured. She was even able to take material from my dress in order to special. They completely went above and beyond in order to ensure that my wedding went off without a hitch!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Maria · Married on 08/17/2013

Kim was friendly, approachable, flexible and most importantly, an amazing artist and florist!! I was impressed with her creations. I love everything from the bouquets, boutonnières to the reception's table arrangements! In my opinion, she created unbelievably beautiful, modern and unique designs. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 08/31/2013

What can I say - Kim just got me. I wanted emerald green to be a highlight for our wedding and Kim totally understood my floral quirkiness and executed arrangements beyond my expectations. All of her work is just beautiful and she is so pleasant to work with. I cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 08/04/2013

K · Married on 02/24/2013

Kim Starr handled all the flowers at my wedding and they were absolutely perfect! Kim has a great eye and we loved her creativity. Even before our first meeting Kim had already started researching my style and reviewed some floral arrangements and ideas i posted on my Pinterest page. She knew exactly the look we were going for and everything was absolutely stunning!!! Kim and her team are very responsive and were very helpful when we needed to scale back a few items to stay within our budget. She made sure we stuck to our budget while not sacrificing the items we truly loved. I highly recommend Kim Starr!!

Sent on 03/14/2013

Michelle · Married on 06/08/2012

I absolutely adore Kim and her work! She was easy to communicate with, kind, and friendly from the first consultation. She explained different styles and flower types to me (including what was in season for the time of the wedding). I provided pictures and ideas, and she was able to accommodate my budget while still fullfilling my vision. Everything was beautiful and exceeded my expectations! The bridesmaids bouquets were black and white with anemones (oh my gosh these bouquets were jaw dropping)! My bouquet was lovely with a variety of yellow flowers including these awesome golden poppies. The flowergirl's pomanders, corsages, boutanierres, altar flowers, and centerpieces were beautiful. She also made me a toss bouquet and a bouquet for the Virgin Mary (a Catholic tradition) that matched my bouquet. She had no problem dropping everything of on location and communicating with me on times and people to deliver them to. I can not recommend her more highly! Just look at some of her example photos on her website and you will fall in love!

Sent on 06/19/2012
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/14/2012

Kim was great! I had a very limited budget for flowers and she was so accommodating and willing to work with me. I met with her in her studio and brought some of pictures of my ideas and she immediately picked up on the look I was after and helped me figure out ways to make it work within my budget. I didn’t think that I was going to be able to afford bridesmaids bouquets, but she came up with the idea of using single blooms of hydrangeas with ribbons and they looked beautiful on our wedding day. My bouquet was just right for our outdoor wedding and the table arrangements were perfect! I absolutely loved how she included the blue thistle that I wanted and also how she used Bells of Ireland, a flower I had never even heard of, to create gorgeous height to the ceremony arrangements! She definitely stretched my budget and made it a memorable occasion! My only regret is that I did not have the money for more flowers because she is truly an artist.

Sent on 05/07/2012

Kristien · Married on 04/14/2012

Kim was professional and very easy to work with. Her flowers were BEAUTIFUL and lasted for days after the wedding. I wasn't sure what I wanted, and Kim took all my information and created colorful but understated bouquets and arrangements that blended perfectly with my wedding.

I live out of state, and Kim was very responsive to emails, making the whole communication process a breeze.

I highly recommend her for out of town brides (well, any bride in general). She and her team are awesome!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Lindsay · Married on 03/17/2012

Kim and Dori were amazing! The flowers were wonderful and Dori stayed around to decorate my cake with flowers. Professional and timely.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Nicole · Married on 11/05/2011

I planned my entire wedding from another state and online so I did not know for sure how everything would turn out. Everything was great including all of my flowers. I ordered all of the bouquets from Kim, and they all turned out wonderfully. I sent her pictures of what I wanted, and she really worked with me to make sure I stayed in my budget. I could not have been happier. She delivered everything right on time to the hotel we were staying at, and the flowers stayed beautiful throughout the wedding. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a wonderful florist.

Sent on 12/09/2011

Pam · Married on 10/21/2017

Kim and her team provided the most gorgeous flowers for my daughter’s recent wedding. Every detail was perfect, and they went above and beyond what we had requested and hoped for. They were a pleasure to work with from start to finish, and we knew all along we were in excellent hands. Amazing work!!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Claire · Married on 07/23/2016

Absolutely amazing. I don't ever want to get married again but I want to have another wedding just to work with Kim and her team again. There are not enough positive words to describe how happy I am with how beautifully our floral design turned out at our wedding and rehearsal dinner. I was an out of town bride so a bit nervous about relaying exactly what I wanted via email and phone call sessions but it could not have turned out more perfect. I came to Kim with fabric swatches and mix matched pictures of arrangements I liked and she perfectly turned the vision in my head into reality. I get teary eyed looking at the pictures. Still one of my favorite parts of the day was when Kim delivered my bouquet with my bridesmaid bouquets, I couldn't have dreamed of anything more perfect. The colors, the size, the design was exactly what I envisioned and Kim made it happen. Thank you so much to the entire KSW team, you made floral design easy and fun and if I was doing it over again I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Amy · Married on 05/28/2016

We absolutely loved working with Kim Starr Wise and her team. They worked with us to interpret what we'd like - we are NOT flower people - and she absolutely nailed it. On the wedding day when she brought in all the flowers, I was absolutely speechless. The flowers were gorgeous beyond belief and I would not have changed a thing. I only wish we could have had more!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Jenee · Married on 12/31/2013

Kim was absolutely wonderful to deal with. I hunted around for a while looking for a florist who had a style that I liked, and I was so excited to finally find Kim. After her initial receptionist wasn't overly friendly she personally called and emailed and was absolutely amazing from there on in. I'm not from New Orleans so we had to communicate the whole concept via email - she was great about looking at pictures, adjusting the plan, and suggesting what might work with my venue. I was so thrilled with the end result! The wreaths she created for the gates leading into our wedding were breathtaking! Loved working with her!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Kelsea · Married on 12/31/2015

I can't say enough positive things about Kim and her team. Every aspect of the process was painless. Through several rounds of revisions to get our vision and budget to sync, KSW was professional and accommodating. On the night of my wedding, I was blown away by how beautiful everything looked. KSW worked on several custom elements for me and they all surpassed my expectations. KSW worked seamlessly with my other vendors to make our wedding absolutely spectacular. I highly recommend Kim, Henry, Herb and the entire KSW team. I enjoyed getting to know them and wish the planning process wasn't over!

Sent on 01/29/2016

Marni · Married on 04/22/2018

Could not have been happier with Kim and her team! I had a general vision of what the flowers for my wedding would look like (natural, organic, textural), but wasn't entirely sure how that would translate. My flowers were gorgeous, the floral decor in the space was low-key and perfect, and the chuppah was also exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Kim Starr Wise Floral Events's reply:

Hi Marni!
    Thank you so much for your kind words. We adored working with you!
    I think your vision for understated florals and decor at the Ogden resulted in such a nice atmosphere. All the best to you and Mark!