Kim Reyes Makeup, LLC. Reviews

41 | Silver Spring, MD

41 Reviews for Kim Reyes Makeup, LLC.

Khristi · event on: 04/26/2018

Kim was AMAZING and so much fun!!! She did my daughter's makeup and hair for her prom and she was so happy with everything. It was a wonderful experience!! We feel like we left with a new friend. We DEFINITELY recommend Kim!!!!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Kim was amazing! The make up was exactly what I wanted. She was at our hotel right when she told us she would be and stuck to the schedule. We did a trial before and tried a few eye styles and once deciding she had everything written down and day of wedding it was seemless and exactly what I wanted. Myself and all my bridesmaids and mother looked amazing. Another one of my bridesmaids is having her sister use her for her wedding.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Liza · Married on 09/28/2013

Kim Reyes was a pleasure to work with during my trials as well as my wedding day. She was so easy to communicate with regarding what look I wanted, and really listened to make sure everything was right! I am very picky when it comes to make-up, and had had several trials with other make-up artists for my wedding day, but a friend recommended Kim to me so I decided to give her a shot. I am so glad I did! Kim is so professional and did an amazing job on me and my bridesmaids make-up. Everyone looked fabulous and I can't thank Kim enough!!! She was so patient with us and really took the time to perfect everyone's looks. If you want to look beautiful on your wedding day, hire Kim Reyes! :)

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • O

Oksana · Married on 08/04/2012

Kim Reyes did a phenomenal job. First let me say, she is very patient. I was nervous on my wedding day and she was calming me down, making sure I felt and looked great. She is truly an artist. She did make up trial and wrote notes to make sure no mistakes will occur on big day. On my wedding day she accomodated my sister in law and did great job (first time) she knew exactly what would look good. She accentuates on eyes and we have received SO Many Compliments during the evening. Make up lasted as well. Not only she is great at what she does, she also makes sure everyone is comfortable. Very important on the day of the wedding.
    Highly recommended

Sent on 08/05/2012
  • Vasara

Vasara · Married on 06/10/2012

Kim is simply outstanding! She was a joy to work with and very flexible with styles and ideas. Very comfortable to be around, very sanitary with all her application and tools, and very experienced in her craft.
    She happily did two different looks during the test session so I could see what I liked best.
    On the wedding day she arrived on time and was already all set up and ready for me when I got there.
    I was very pleased with the final look, and she even includes a thoughtful touch up kit with powder, lip color, and blotting papers (a great save for skin like mine!)
    I have already recommended her to one of my best friends for her wedding, and my friend was also very happy with Kim.

Sent on 06/27/2012
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 09/17/2011

Kim was beyond amazing!!! From the trial to the weeks and days before the wedding, she was very responsive and professional via email!

On the day of the wedding, I was impressed with her attitude and her work! She did airbrush makeup for me, my mom, my mother in law, and my five bridesmaids! Even though it was a long work day for her, she was patient and a pleasure to be around from the moment she walked into the hotel room until the moment she left. Kim never rushed us and was happy to help with touch ups throughout the day!

She made me feel like the most beautiful bride in the world!

If you want to look like the best version of yourself on your wedding day, book her!

Sent on 10/03/2011
  • I

Izumi · Married on 08/14/2011

Kim is wonderful. She listened to my concerns carefully and did a perfect job! She even helped me (bride) relax on my wedding morning. She is very flexible, down to earth and responsible. Everyone who had their make-up done by her was so happy with it all day long! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/29/2012
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/28/2011

Kim is wonderful. From the moment she did my make up trial to the day of the wedding, I was nothing short of impressed. She is very professional and amazing at what she does. My mother commented several times on how much she enjoyed her make up. On the day of the wedding some of the bridesmaids that did not want their make up done, ended up changing their minds, and Kim accommodated everyone. She is incredibly friendly and you feel at ease with her (which I think is very important since you may be a ball of nerves the day of)! She is open to suggestions/changes if you do not like/want something. I highly recommend using Kim! I wish she could do my make up every day!

Sent on 04/11/2012

Kirsten · Married on 05/14/2011

Kim Reyes is a gem. She quickly grasps what you want and does her work seamlessly. When she came to our house for the trial she quickly understood that we wanted our makeup to enhance what we look like, not to be way out there. She is fast to setup, assess what was needed to accomplish what we wanted and get to work. She made up my daughter (the bride) and my daughter gave feedback and Kim adjusted the makeup based on the feedback. She did the same for me. She noted on a diagram of face on paper what makeup need to be where so she would so she’d be ready for the wedding day. The other member, my other daughter, of the bridal party was not there, so we told her about her style and the need to hide some tattoos for the ceremony and Kim said she’d be ready for her as well on the day of the wedding.

Kim is a very pleasant upbeat person who is easy to be around. She did a great under the pressure of having a morning wedding, not showing any anxiety. Kim worked well with the person who did our hair devising a plan that would make things run smoothly. The atmosphere was relaxed and enjoyable. The results were great. I look at the photographs and see how lovely my daughters looked at the wedding and how I looked. We looked like ourselves, yet prettier. The makeup enhanced our looks and didn’t hide our looks.

I will use Kim again for other special occasions. Her price is reasonable; she’s a real pleasure to work with; and the results were great.

Two side notes:
    1) Kim Reyes was very sanitary about using makeup on you. I appreciated this.
    2) She makes very nice jewelry. I purchased a pearl bracelet that worked well my necklace and earrings that I wore at the wedding. She’ll do custom pieces if you would like.

Sent on 05/29/2011
  • W

Kat · Married on 04/30/2011

Kim was wonderful to work with - so flexible and easygoing, not to mention her beautiful work! She was willing to make suggestions but was also open to my feedback and ideas as well. I felt radiant on my wedding day and got so many compliments thanks to Kim!

Sent on 02/06/2012

Thaisa · Married on 04/09/2011

Kim is a great listener and that quickly put me at ease during our makeup trial run. She really works with you to make sure you get the look you want. For my wedding, I wanted to look natural and glowing. I was so happy with the results. Kim is not only an artist but also a truly kind person.

Sent on 04/25/2011

Ana Luisa · Married on 03/19/2011

Kim was awesome!
    I have acne scars and am very oily skin. On top of it all I have dark circles under the eyes and eyelids.
    After Kim was done, I had perfect looking skin. I only had to re-apply lipstick because all the makeup stayed on perfectly for over 12 hours.
    The look was neutral colors with focus on the eyes for a very glam/flirty look.
    You can't go wrong with Kim. HIRE HER!

Sent on 06/05/2011

Lauren · Married on 10/23/2010

Kim was amazing, and totally changed my wedding day, and meant that I was comfortable having my wedding photos taken!

Sent on 11/26/2010
  • O

Kelly · Married on 10/09/2010

Kim was the most wonderful person that we hired for our wedding. She was friendly, professional, and the makeup was beautiful and just what I wanted. She was calm and on time on a hectic morning where we all were running late. She went above and beyond what we paid for by helping me when I was upset about my hair. She was amazing, she even helped my mother in law order a foundation that fit her skin tone after the wedding. Thank you so much Kim, we love you!

Sent on 11/14/2010

Elena · Married on 09/24/2010

Kim did my makeup for myself, three bridesmaids, and two mothers on my wedding day. I could not have been happier with the results. Kim is a true professional who listens to each person's preferences and really knows what she is doing. As someone who wears minimal makeup daily, I was initially a bit worried about looking like a "clown" on my wedding day. Kim listened to what I wanted the day of and actually exceeded my expectations. The look was natural yet formal and totally occasion-appropriate. She also included a little touch-up kit with powder, lip gloss, and blotting papers which really came in handy. She is also super nice and everyone in my bridal party loved her.

Sent on 12/06/2010

Marina · Married on 09/05/2010

Kim did the makeup for myself (bride), two moms and a few of the bridesmaids - and none of us could have been more pleased with her work. The makeup was exactly as I wanted (a natural look that showed up well in pictures) - and it stayed put the entire time. Additionally, Kim is extremely easy to work with and comes to your home for the trial. Between this and her very calm demeanor, she really helps to put a bride at ease on a hectic day! I would highly recommend Kim.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Beth · Married on 08/21/2010

My husband works for WETA television, and I sourced my make-up from a list provided to me by the station. Kim was quick to get back to me. My timeline was a very short one, and Kim was incredibly flexible. There were 4 women plus myself in the bridal party. Kim worked at a fast pace, using every minute of our alloted time provided by the venue. She kept the atmosphere up- beat but calm, and was truly a pleasure to work with.

At one point during the day, my cousin said to me, "look at our make-up, we still look fabulous", this on a hot day in August, mid- 90's. Not only did Kim work with us each to understand what we individually wanted for the day, she provided a little education along the way.

Pictures don't lie, and my make-up was flawless. I didn't look made -up, just a better version of myself. At the end of the day what you have left is the pictures, I'm so pleased I didn't cut-corners on this expense. Kim was well worth the money spent.

Sent on 12/12/2010

Nigina · Married on 08/07/2010

Kim did my makeup, my mom's makeup and my bridesmaid's makeup for my wedding. She was so kind and professional. She listened to what we wanted and she did a wonderful job. Our makeup was perfect and everyone looked amazing in the photos. She is the best!

Sent on 08/25/2010

Caroline · Married on 08/07/2010

Kim was great. I found her through the Washingtonian Magazine and booked an appointment for a wedding day makeup trial. Not only were her prices reasonable, but she came to my house! She did a great job of listening to my tastes and wishes. I was very pleased with the result and booked her for my wedding. My makeup was perfect for my wedding day - I didn't look too "done," which is what I wanted. On top of it all, Kim was lovely to work with. Next time I need professional makeup for an event, I'm calling Kim!

Sent on 09/18/2010

Nicole · Married on 07/31/2010

Love her! She is so personable and fun to work with. She went out of her way to accomodate my crazy schedule and family and did it all with a smile. My make-up stayed perfect all the way until the wee hours of the morning and she had to put it on at 6am! Thanks Kim!

Sent on 01/23/2011

Sara · Married on 05/30/2010

Kim did the makeup for myself and 7 of my bridesmaids as well as my husbands grandmother. She was so laid back and flexible, she put me at ease. She made everyone look absolutely stunning and she listened to what everyone wanted in terms of makeup options. She was amazing!

Sent on 06/02/2010

Patricia · Married on 02/06/2010

Kim was a lifesaver on my weddng day - the day of the first big blizzard in February. My hair person got snowed in, so Kim volunteered to get there early to do my hair and makeup. We had a morning wedding, so this was truly above and beyond! Everything looked wonderful! My mom, bridesmaids, and I are all very fair-skinned, and Kim matched the paleness perfectly and never tried to convince us to "add some color". And no one could believe that my hair hadn't been done by someone who specialized in hairstyling. Kim was great about keeping in touch with me during the run up to the wedding, and she was completely open to trying out a few different looks during the trial. I appreciated her discussing the pros and cons of various types of makeup, too. With Kim you definitely get a fabulous look and wonderful service for a reasonable price!

Sent on 05/04/2010

Heather · Married on 01/16/2010

I could not have asked for better service from Kim. Due to scheduling, I was unable to do a trial before my wedding, so all I had was an idea and pictures for what I wanted for my make-up. Kim was able to duplicate exactly what I wanted. I was extremely happy with the service, the product and her. She also acted as an amazing "coordinator" as she met me in the parking lot and offered to carry my bags and offered kind words to keep my nerves at bay.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kim for anyone looking for make-up services.

Sent on 01/29/2010
  • Sherry

Sherry · Married on 10/17/2009

Kim was wonderful. She was able to help me out one week before my wedding. She was very professional and the makeup she choice for me was perfect. My makeup lasted through out the wedding and reception.

Sent on 11/17/2009

jeff · Married on 10/11/2009

Kim did a great job. I wanted a very natural look and Kim worked with me. I felt absolutely beautiful for my wedding. And my bridal party and mom looked great. Thanks Kim!

Sent on 10/27/2009