66 Reviews for Kim Praast Photography

Canvas (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Negatives (1)
Proofs (1)

I hired Kim to shoot my October 2017 wedding. She was amazing and I'm so glad I hired her. She was very easy to work with during the contract process and even customized a package for us. Then prior to my wedding I had emailed her a list of all the group poses I wanted and she was very accommodating. She even made sure to ask us to step out of the reception in time for a sunset portrait because she knew that was on my must have list of pics. On the day of the event, she not only captured amazing heartfelt shots that will forever help us remember the moments and feelings but she was a pleasure to be with. She made us feel comfortable and relaxed. She turned around our photos in 4 weeks time too, which was super fast! I can't thank Kim enough for her talents and hard work and I would highly recommend her!

Photos
Profile Picture Brenda, 10/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kim was the BEST to work with! Made us feel totally comfortable and relaxed, and she does an amazing job with her photography! So glad we found her!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/2/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, One Event/Day

Kim was an absolute dream as our wedding photographer! I am from out of state and she made the time to meet with me whenever I was available. She was easy to reach by phone, email or text. From the moment I first spoke to her on the phone, I felt at ease that I had found the right photographer. She was professional and personable in capturing our special day and getting some great shots of our guests. I loved that she did some portraits and some more artistic shots along with the generic wedding photos. Kim made me feel beautiful which is what everyone deserves on their wedding day! Thank you so much Kim!

Profile Picture User7427282, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kim was a pleasure to work with for our wedding! She kept us in the loop every step of the way and continuously checked in with us throughout the process to put us at ease. A week or so before the wedding we had a long discussion about every detail possible, she really wanted to make sure she captured every moment perfectly for us and she did! The pictures came out amazing! Would definitely recommend her to future brides.

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have had the pleasure of working with Kim twice; first for my sister's wedding two years ago and then for my own this past summer. She did such a fantastic job for my sister, I knew that I wanted Kim as my photographer when my day came. With so many things to worry about throughout the wedding planning, I knew that Kim wasn't going to be one of them. Start to finish she was extremely professional, prompt, and her genuine excitement for the work made me feel at ease and confident that she would do a fabulous job. Kim has a way of making you so comfortable in front of the camera that you forget she's there. But when you need a little help, she's there to guide you, primp you, and make sure she gets the perfect shot. Kim has a way of anticipating those magic moments and expertly captures the energy of the people and party through her photographs. I received hundreds of photos from Kim and every single one was fabulous. I truly can't say enough good things about Kim and am so thrilled to have had the opportunity to work with her.

Profile Picture Kate, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Digital Files, Prints

We absolutely loved working with Kim. We found her based on her stellar reviews from wedding websites and they were totally accurate! From our first meeting with Kim, we felt instantly at ease and knew we wanted her to be our photographer. She was so easy to talk to and really tried to get to know us so that she could appropriately capture us on our wedding day. She absolutely did. She was so easy to work with and was so flexible with us throughout the whole process. She knew when to take charge to rally the troops to get the group photos done so we could enjoy our day but still have great photos to look back on. We recently received all of our photos and will have a hard time deciding which to print since we love so many of them. If you are looking for your wedding photographer, look no further, you can't go wrong with Kim!

Profile Picture Tracy, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kim not only is an extremely talented photographer, but also has the ability to make you feel comfortable, beautiful, and relaxed. I was an out of town bride and live about 7 1/2 hours away from the venue. Kim was always attentive, responsive, and flexible. She always listened to my thoughts/ideas and gave me great advice and suggestions. Kim and her assistant were able to capture some incredibly beautiful moments of my husband and I's wedding. I always wanted pictures that were a bit more editorial/candid/etc and she was able to make our posed pictures look natural! Not only that but the she makes you feel like you're a movie star the entire time. She arrived right on time at the venue and immediately started snapping away. Her assistant was also present and photographed the groomsmen and groom, and was able to give my smile-shy husband some advice so he didn't frown in every single picture. Kim uses a bunch of different cameras and is constantly thinking about lighting, background, etc to get the perfect shot (which she got many of). Towards the end we had to add on another hour due to a delay that occurred before our introductions, and she was completely fine with staying and I could tell she just wanted to make sure I was happy. Also, many of my guests had no idea that she was taking pictures! She was not intrusive at all and really captured our wedding beautifully. Last but not least, the product is stunning. I have over 600 pictures from our wedding and am having an incredibly hard time figuring out which ones to print and hang up around the house! They're all so wonderful. Thank you Kim for everything!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Libby, 7/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

Kim is amazing. We wanted something a little original for our wedding photos (as opposed to the :standard" photos) and Kim was right on target with what we wanted. She listened to us and brought our dream pictures to life. If you are looking for a photographer who is not afraid to think out of the box a little, Kim is for you. I appreciated the time she took with us and honestly, a joy to work with. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer...we couldn't be happier!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Trash The Dress

Kim was an amazing photographer to work with. She was always available and easy to reach when we had questions, and she was very professional while at the same time very friendly and approachable. Kim has a great personality and was fun to work with! She helped keep the timeline of the day on track but was still relaxed and easy-going- which is a difficult balance! Our photos came out better than I could have imagined- she was able to get every shot I was hoping for- even with our extra-large wedding party. I would definitely recommend Kim to anyone looking for an exceptional photographer!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount

Kim was the most perfect fit for our wedding! We are a lesbian couple that hates bring photographed, but Kim made us feel comfortable. She was very responsive to our requests, and was always easy to reach. She gave us a package that met our exact needs, and went above what we were contracted for. We can't wait to see our wedding photos, but our engagement photos were amazing! Can't recommend Kim enough. Don't waste your time looking any further.

Profile Picture User4220350, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kim was absolutely amazing!!! We met her at the rainbow wedding expo and we instantly connected! We had our choice of photographers but there was something about Kim that we knew it was ment to be for us to work together on our special day. Kim has a warm heart and an outgoing personality that is just contagious . Kim was fun to work with and super flexible to say the least. If you need a photographer Kim is your girl. Our day was that much more memorable because of Kim Praast Photography !!

Profile Picture Tina, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kim did a great job with our engagement and wedding photos. She was very flexible and responsive throughout the whole process!

Profile Picture User5477794, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

On behalf of my wife and I, we wanted to write this review to inform other future married couples. That Kim was truly a pleasure to work with, very flexible, thoughtful, creative, and easy to work with. She captured so many moments, to help create amazing memories for us. The quality of her work is top of the line, I don't know if we could have asked for much more,Thank you Kim for giving us your time and amazing work. We will be looking forward to working with you the future!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5489955, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Albums, Digital Files, Negatives

AWESOME photographer!! Highly recommend!!!!

I cannot say enough good things about Kim Praast and her photography. The wedding photographer was one of the things I really, really cared about in all of the wedding planning. Since the photos are what you'll have when it's all said and done. We interviewed 4 photographers before Kim and none of them really clicked. But as soon as we met with Kim, I knew she was the one! She was very easy to talk to and understood the vision I had for the wedding photos. She has a great energy and is very professional. She always responded to any emails or test messages quickly. And I guess most important of all her photos were AMAZING!! In addition to awesome wedding photos, she had them edited and back to us really quickly after the wedding. I loved working with Kim and highly recommend her to any Bride and Groom!!

Profile Picture Monica, 8/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kim was fantastic to work with ! We knew from the minute we met her that she was a perfect fit for us. We began to explain how we saw the wedding photos in our minds and she immediately understood and expanded upon it.

Profile Picture Paul, 7/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kim was great to work with, very personable and the pictures were gorgeous!

Profile Picture Rachele, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We interviewed a few photographers and Kim was definitely the right choice. She was fun, easy to work with, and very positive. Her pictures looked great and all of our guests loved her as well. I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture User5379972, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I had a very small and intimate wedding at a vineyard which included ourselves plus 15 guests. Kim took a variety of shots and was very warm and kind to us, which made us feel comfortable. She interacted graciously with us and our guests and helped to make our day memorable. Not only did I enjoy the experience of having her take our pictures on our wedding day, but I also love the finished product! The pictures came out great and Kim was awesome!

Profile Picture Melanie, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kim was absolutely AMAZING! She was so great and fun to work with. She always made us feel comfortable and processed our photos incredibly fast. We had all of our pictures within three weeks of the wedding and they are beautiful! We can't recommend her enough - great formal photos and great candid photos. I look through all of our photos at least three times a day - I can't get enough of them! Awesome, awesome, awesome photographer and a fun and friendly person to work with!

Profile Picture User5192661, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kim was very good in responding to our phone calls and emails. We had a year to plan our wedding so there was no stress. She met with us at the Easton Beach Rotunda a few weeks before the wedding and had such great ideas on where to take pictures in case of rain on our wedding day. We also had the permission of Chanler Inn to use their grounds for picture taking with our wedding party. Kim had some wonderful ideas inside and outside at the Chanler Inn! She and her assistant were very professional, friendly and the photos came out beautiful! I love the candid shots of our guests. It was like we were reliving our wedding day again and again! We would highly recommend Kim and her team for any wedding or event!

Profile Picture User4184829, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We decided to go with Kim for our Valentine's Day wedding not only because we liked her work, but because we liked her so much! Kim was super flexible when we had to move up the time of our wedding because of an impending snowstorm. One of the best things about Kim was her ability to really bring everyone together (and smiling!) for those big group shots-she even got a couple of smiles from a less than enthused ring bearer. Because she has a great sense of humor, an easy-going attitude and a quick smile, she is a great person to have around you on your big day! On top of all that, Kim's prices are super reasonable and I loved that she offered a wide range of packages.
I love the pictures that Kim got from our wedding. Her willingness to be outside with us in a snowstorm yielded the best pictures from the wedding. I would highly recommend Kim! She's the best!

Profile Picture Jamie, 2/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would heartily recommend Kim Praast to anyone in need of a photographer. She is prompt and reliable. Very professional. Her style is great and she had no problem incorporating our ideas/wishes into our portraits. Did I mention how good we look?! Like some right out a bridal magazine. Kim was great and the price was right!

Profile Picture Miranda, 9/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kim was truly amazing to work with. My photos are beautiful, and I couldn't be happier. She was fun and relaxed and captured all of the important moments- and so discreetly! She had a plan and executed it perfectly. On top of that, she's very responsive. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture User4471243, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kim Praast photographed my beach wedding in Narragansett, RI in early September 2014. In short, I highly recommend Kim: she produces fantastic results, is highly professional, and has very reasonable rates (especially considering the high-quality results). More details are below — but the long and short of it is that Kim was reliable, flexible, cordial, and cost-effective.

For a lesser photographer, our wedding could have been somewhat hard to capture in photographs for three reasons: (1) we got married on a beach; (2) our wedding day had a lot of cloud cover; and (3) we had very specific expectations of what the photographs should look like and who needed to be photographed. Kim deftly navigated all of these issues. The resulting images are gorgeous. She used the cloud cover to our advantage; she efficiently took all of the pre-ceremony photos that we wanted (we gave her an incredibly long and detailed checklist, which she graciously went through); and she did an extraordinary job of capturing the beach elements (including fire pits at night) as well as the indoor elements.

Kim was on time and efficient, and she deeply respected our time. She was highly professional and yet also very warm and cordial. Numerous guests noted that she was such a delightful presence to have at the wedding.

A note for GLBT couples:

My (now) husband and I encountered many potential wedding vendors. When we got married, RI had had marriage equality only for about 400 days. Some other vendors were not attuned to GLBT couples; for instance, numerous contracts that we received said the "bride" and "groom". Not necessarily a big issue — but still. To be fair, in large part RI vendors were relatively GLBT-friendly. In this respect, though, Kim was particularly amazing: you can tell that she doesn't just pay lip service to having GLBT clients; she *really* enjoys working with them. I highly recommend Kim to any couple, but perhaps especially to GLBT couples.

Profile Picture User4550599, 2+ years ago, 1 Review