Kim J Martin Photography Reviews

Kim J Martin Photography 6
  • Robby

Robby · Married on 11/17/2018

Excellence all around!

Kim did an excellent job shooting our wedding, everything about her services was fantastic.

Meeting her for the first time, we knew right away that Kim was the photographer we wanted. She was personable, and dove in straight away with professional suggestions about what would work best for our wedding day. She had an answer to every question we had, and even brought up things that we hadn't thought about before.

The day of the wedding, Kim was super punctual and captured so many moments that made the day special. She was assertive enough to keep the day's events progressing (family member combination photos, moving to different locations to shoot, etc.) while remaining her friendly self.

Following the event, the pictures arrived on time and - wow! We are so pleased with the result! She gave us so many pictures, the vast majority of which are absolutely stunning and really exemplify the feel of that amazing day. Looking at the pictures she took, we are instantly transported back to the best day of our lives. I cannot say enough how great it was working with Kim.

Don't hesitate to book with her! You'll gain an amazing event photographer and friend!

Sent on 01/10/2019
    Kim J Martin Photography 11
    Kim J Martin Photography 12
  • thyken

Maggie · Married on 12/31/2017

Kim is the absolute best at what she does. If you're looking for a photographer who is also going to be your friend, she's the one you're looking for. She will take the time to get to know you and your partner/family/etc. so that she can better capture you.

Last year, my fiance (then boyfriend) and I tasked Kim to take our family photos on the beach at Bodega Bay. The day was overcast and almost gloomy, but you couldn't tell in our pictures. They were beautiful. Next, I requested that Kim take maternity shots for my sister and her husband. Needless to say, they were also beautiful and absolutely adorable! Finally, Kim just took my fiance's and my engagement pictures up near Uncle Tom's Cabin in the hills during sundown. Scrolling through the gallery last night we were in love (and stayed up late to look them all over, which is saying something!).

I think sometimes people (myself included) can feel funny just standing around letting someone take pictures, but Kim has funny tricks and ways to get the best images out of you. And that's really the point, isn't it?!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Deanna · Married on 05/07/2016

Kim is amazing at what she does and really makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. She is easy to work with, gets your photos back very fast and her work is amazing.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Melissa · Married on 09/26/2015

There's not enough words to describe how amazing Kim is. She is by far the most professional, fun, and flexible photographer I have ever worked with. I fell in love with her style when I saw her work. She was the first vendor I chose and even made sure my wedding day worked for her, otherwise I would have changed it. I just got my photo gallery and I just cried. she captured every moment and I was like I was living it all over again. Her work will forever be hung throughout my home and couldn't be happier. Thank you so much Kim.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Jane and Debbie · Married on 07/21/2015

Kim is an extraordinary wedding photographer. She is professional, charming, and spontaneously creative. She has the innate ability to capture your most special moments, your soulful intimacy, and she truly cherishes the love you share as a couple. Kim doesn't just look for your smile, she finds your joy. She can blend into any and every moment and capture your tenderness or your silliness. Kim will incorporate your requests, and welcome your surprises. Kim's work is simply incredible. We fell in love with her work and with her. Your special day is her special day. We were so very lucky to have had Kim J. Martin photograph our wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/03/2014

Kim is fabulous! Our engagement photos turned out beautifully, and she was great to work with at our wedding. We got married at Vizcaya, and she knew all the perfect places to shoot. We can't wait to see the photos after she edits them.

I definitely recommend Kim as your wedding photographer; she is awesome!

Sent on 05/24/2014

Stacy · Married on 04/27/2013

LOVE Kim! She took our engagement and wedding photos and we are so happy with the results! She's great to work with and she even made my husband, who hates having his picture taken, enjoy the process. Can't wait to have another occasion so we can have Kim document it!

Sent on 05/09/2013

I found Kim J Martin's services through a random Google search. I was struck by how beautiful her brides looked in every picture, how the colors popped and the lovely non-traditional backgrounds. When I met her I was so pleased that her personality was as wonderful as her photos! My husband and I were thrilled with both our engagement and wedding photos. Kim is so, so easy to work with. Super fun and kind and she is just so talented! From exciting party pics to subtle beautiful moments, Kim captured them all. The best surprise was that on the day Kim kept us totally on schedule. It is so easy for the day to get away from you, but Kim made sure we didn't miss a thing. Thanks so much Kim!! I cannot recommend your services enough!

Sent on 09/14/2012

Natalia · Married on 01/07/2012

I had been following Kim's blog for about a year before I got engaged. I've always loved her fresh style and I knew that I wanted her to be our photographer when the time came. I am so happy that she was available to do our pictures!

Our engagement session was so much fun. She put us at ease and made it such an enjoyable experience! No awkward poses. No fake smiles. Just a lot of fun and laughter and love. I was kinda sad when the session was over. The pictures turned out amazing!

Since my husband and I decided on a small wedding, I really wanted a photographer that could capture the feeling of the day so that we could share them with people we weren't able to invite. On the day of the wedding, she made sure that we stayed on time while still getting a lot of amazing photos. Since our wedding was just last week, I've only seen about 30 pictures. But they are beyond my expectations! She did exactly when I wanted and so much more! She definitely has a gift. I love every one of them and I am SO excited to see the rest. Kim has been so prompt about getting the pictures edited and ready for us to see. I am VERY happy with Kim and I would recommend her in a second!

Sent on 01/17/2012
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 09/17/2011

I don't even know where to start.....Kim and her assistant were amazing.
    Kim has such a creative eye for things it blows my mind.

Kim loves to laugh, she is super down to earth, so fun to be around, and full of life! So easy to get along with....She has such a beautiful heart too!

We were so blessed and thankful for everything she did for Dennis and I!

I would most DEF suggest her to ANYONE!!!

Sent on 09/27/2011
  • Kristen and Dave

Kristen and Dave · Married on 08/27/2011

Kim is AWESOME! She came all the way from Sacramento to our house in Walnut Creek just to meet us and from that day on she was not just our wedding photographer, but she became a friend. Her photos are beautiful and professionalism is only surpassed by her personality. There is no question we will use her again for other family photo opportunities!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Tasha · Married on 06/04/2011

We were looking for a wedding photographer in a city where we don’t know anyone, so I called and emailed a dozen photographers who had stellar reviews. Some of them referred me to others, and eventually I had contacted ~20 wedding photographers. I’m white and my then-fiancé is black, so we really wanted someone with experience photographing weddings of couples with markedly different skin tones. Kim sent us a link to her blog showing specific examples, rather than offering vague statements about lighting. She wasn’t the least expensive (nor was she the most expensive) but she was my favorite and my fiancé’s favorite. Her pictures look real and fresh, and she seemed to capture fun at the reception. A friend who is a wedding photographer also voted for her as the top choice from our final three. She was very flexible and helpful: she helped put us in touch with other vendors, and she visited our location to ensure we selected the ceremony direction that would offer the best lighting. She was accommodating without being a pushover. Since we didn’t end up having the engagement session until a month before the wedding, she even agreed to get the photos done a few days early so I could order our guest book in time for the wedding. During the session, she made us feel very comfortable and she kept track of time so we didn’t get a parking ticket. The resulting pictures were great (we’ve received many compliments).

Our wedding experience with Kim was as good as the engagement session. Our ceremony ended up being moved inside due to rain, and the venue didn’t have a lot of great options for photos when it was raining. Kim made the best of a tough situation, where we pretty much had one location indoors to take many photos. A testament to her style and equipment is that she took many of the same pictures as our family & friends did, but hers look MUCH better (i.e., her lighting allows both of us to retain our facial features). She ended up bringing a second shooter who was also fantastic (we’ll review him separately, though he also gets 5 stars). Kim was professional, efficient, and kind (she managed to get the family photos done in good time despite many of our family members trying to take their own photos). During the ceremony, she took a lot of great pictures without being disruptive. She got us our photos in fewer than 3 weeks, and she gave us some sneak peaks within days of the wedding. As a bride, I can tell you that she also earned points in my book because while I was calling all my other vendors to confirm the wedding schedule, Kim proactively contacted me to confirm the agreed-to schedule. Nice!

Kim is a gem and she did a lot of nice small things to help us relax and enjoy this whole process. Great person, great pictures, and a joy to work with – it doesn’t get much better than that. She was always prompt in her communications, helpful, and friendly. We feel blessed to have found such a great photographer. Overall, we are very pleased with the experience we had and the resulting photos. We would highly recommend her as a wedding photographer to anyone looking for a photographer who is easy to work with and takes great pictures. The photography ended up being the 2nd most expensive item in our budget (second only to the meal itself), and we’d do it again without any reservation. She’s that good! One of our guests said it best “You pictures actually did your beautiful wedding justice.”

Sent on 06/29/2011

Amanda · Married on 03/20/2011

Kim was so easy to work with and snapped some fantastic shots for our engagement session and of course our wedding! Every time I loom through our photos or visit our slot on her website, I get teary and choked up! I can't say enough great things about Kim J Martin Photography!

Sent on 02/07/2012

Micah · Married on 12/04/2010

There aren't enough words to express how lucky we were to find Kim. From our very first meeting my wife and I knew she was the one to make our special day amazing! Before we meet Kim we were stressed to find a photographer that would do a great job and that we could afford. Her work is worth 10 times the amount for what she produces.

You are in great hands with Kim. She went above and beyond from the beginning to end and actually became a friend of ours. She is a fun girl that gets along with everyone and will put your mind at ease knowing that she is in control and will make some amazing pictures for your wedding.

Sent on 01/01/2011

Alianna · Married on 10/02/2010

We feel we are the luckiest couple alive to have found Kim! Not only is she an amazing photographer....she is now one of our very good friends. How often can you say that about your photographer, right?

From the first time we emailed each other I knew she was going to be a blast to work with. The day we actually met her we knew she was the one. We already loved her work and were we ecstatic she had such viberant personality.

The engagement photos were more than we had hoped for and the wedding pictures were even more breathtaking! Kim has such a good eye it seems like every picture turns out perfect.

All I can say is you are absolutely lucky if you get the opportunity to work with Kim. She is professional, fun, warm hearted, genrous, extremely talented and just all around awesome person.

Alianna and Vince Santos

Sent on 01/10/2011

Camille · Married on 09/25/2010

Where do I begin?? I could not have imagined finding a more perfect photographer for capturing my wedding day! As luck would have it, I stumbled onto Kim by luck 3 weeks before my wedding and miraculously, she had an opening. She was extremely accommodating and came down to San Francisco to shoot our engagement photos. She went above and beyond on the actual wedding day. Not only did she take amazing photos, but she was able to present a sneak peak at the reception via her laptop! She also surprised us by providing a spectacular video short that included audio of our vows. Such a wonderful addition to the already monumental memories captured by her artistic eye.

After the wedding, Kim was very prompt with getting our proofs touched up and available for viewing and purchasing online so we could share the photos with wedding guests, friends and family.

Both my husband and I have formed a friendship with Kim because not only is she a genius at her craft, she is an amazing person! I wholeheartedly recommend Kim to anyone and everyone who is looking for an artistic, up-and-coming photographer to capture your day of wedded bliss.

Sent on 11/11/2010

dustin · Married on 10/09/2009

Kim was awesome for oue wedding. She worked with us and our schedules in preparing for the wedding. During the wedding she was professional and patient. Her pictures turned out wonderfully and we are getting compliments on then all the time

Jamie · Married on 09/20/2008

Kim was the photographer for our wedding in 2008, and she was fabulous! We met up before the wedding so she could get a feel for what style of picture we liked, and what pictures were on our 'have to have' list. She was so friendly and easy to talk to, and she really seemed to get what we wanted in terms of capturing all the best moments of the day. During the reception it seemed like she was everywhere! She got the really candid moments of people dancing and enjoying themselves, as well as the big moments of first dances, and cake cutting. We just celebrated our 2nd anniversary and had a great time flipping through our wedding album. The pictures she took brought us right back to the day. I highly recommend Kim as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/02/2010

Jessica E.M. · Married on 08/24/2008

Kim was a great photographer! I was super picky about our photos for the day - wanting a very specific "look" to the wedding (not traditional, kinda artsy, etc.) and Kim was very willing to take the time to really discuss that asthetic. She met us out at the site in advance to do our engagement shots and to get a lay of the land so that she was already prepared with photo ideas on the day of the wedding (based on the location, time of day, etc.). Specifically, she set up some night-shots that we hadn't even discussed prior and they were truly fabulous!

Not to mention, our wedding was planned from a distance (us in Chicago, the site in California) and she was one of the very few things that we did not have to stress about prior to arriving! She met us 6 months in advance to discuss all our ideas and questions and stayed in very good communication with us up to the day of the event!

Kim had a very artistic eye, making for some truly beautiful shots of the day, as well as capturing all the smaller moments of friends and family that attended. She also had our pictures ready for viewing within only a few days - no waiting!

We still keep in touch with Kim and would love to schedule an "anniversary" or "family" session with her on our next trip back to the west coast! We would absolutely reccommend her to anyone looking for a young, enthusiastic and versatile photographer for their wedding day! She was perfect for us!! Thanks Kim!!

Sent on 07/24/2010

Stacey · Married on 08/16/2008

Kim was awesome!! She listened to everything we wanted and went beyond my expectations. My wedding was on a very hot day in August and she made us all get through it with a smile. She was great with the wedding party and made taking pictures a lot of fun!! She was also on time with all locations that day!

Lesley · Married on 07/26/2008

Kim has been our family photographer for two years, beginning with our wedding in 2008. She is fun, spunky, and energetic, and has a passion for the art of photography. Kim will capture all of the important moments, whether she's photographing a wedding, taking engagement photos, or photographing a family event. Furthermore, her photos are unique expressions: she creates an environment that reflects the unique personality of the couple (or family). I would highly recommend Kim as a photographer for any wedding or event, as well as family portrait sessions. She works personally with her clients, developing excellent rapport and ensuring a terrific working relationship.

Sent on 07/25/2010

kathryn · Married on 07/19/2008

Kim was awesome! She was open to new ideas and our album turned out amazing. We wouldn't have changed anything about our wedding day. I would pick her again if I had to do it again.

Sent on 07/30/2010

Lesley · Married on 07/04/2008

Kim was wonderful. She made everyone feel very comfortable while she was taking pictures for our wedding on 07/04/08. The pictures came our BEAUTIFUL. I could not ask for anything better. She did not impose on anyone, most of the time we didn't even know she was there. I wold recommend Kim to anyone who was looking for a wedding photographer.

• I

Irene · Married on 05/03/2008

We love Kim so much, and are so incredibly happy with our photos! Can't wait to use her again for our growing family.

Sent on 07/29/2010

Brittney · Married on 09/01/2007

I was super critical when trying to choose a photographer since I myself take pictures as a hobby. When I found Kim, I scrutinized every shot in her portfolio. She did a FABULOUS job photographing our wedding! Three years later and we STILL get compliments on our photos from our friends and family (even the ones who were there!). I wish we could get married again every year just to have Kim there to capture the moment. If I could give her more stars I would!

Sent on 07/24/2010