Kezia Bacon Reviews

Kezia Bacon 3
Kezia Bacon 4
Kezia Bacon 5

Natalie · Married on 07/23/2017

Kezia was absolutely the right choice for our wedding. Given that we were planning a wedding at a distance we were a bit hesitant over the choices available. You never know how someone is in person when over the Internet! But Kezia surpassed expectations. From start to finish she eased our minds during one of the most hectic processes I've been through. She made what seemed a gigantic task so manageable. Additionally she was incredibly warm and calm on the day which helped relieved some of my anxiety! Thank you Kezia!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much! You and Calder worked diligently to create a ceremony that truly fit your vision for your wedding. I was so pleased to be a part of it!

ann · Married on 07/07/2017

We had to change our ceremony venue due to weather. Kezia was easy to work with and very flexible with everything.
    She was wonderful to work with

Sent on 07/13/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you! And thank you for being so easy to work with (the weather wasn't your fault!). I try to be a calm, reassuring presence throughout the wedding planning process. It really makes a difference.

Angela · Married on 07/02/2017

We had a wonderful experience being married by Kezia. When planning the wedding, we were having trouble deciding on who should marry us. We had no connection to a member of the clergy and our families are different religions, so we were considering asking a friend to do it. We ultimately decided that it would be too much of a burden to put on a friend.

Though we did not want to admit it, we were worried that our ceremony was going to be a let-down for our guests and ourselves. That is until we found Kezia! We found her through the internet, and after an introductory meeting we were ready to work with her. She has a great personality for connecting with people and lots of wonderful ceremony ideas.

Having Kezia there really decreased the stress for us (as two people who are not into event planning). She does a great job of providing options for what you might want and explaining exactly how everything will work when it comes time to execute. She also helps with everything from the marriage license to the ceremony rehearsal. She is extremely organized.

One of the nicest (and most impressive) things that Kezia did was provide a backstory of our relationship and why we wanted to get married during the ceremony. She synthesized this from a set of questionnaires that she gave the bride and groom, and her delivery was spot on. Many people have told me how they thought that part of the ceremony was so nice. It was meaningful for myself too in the moment.

Overall I would highly recommend Kezia as a wedding celebrant. The ceremony was a highlight of our wedding day.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you! I really enjoyed working with you. I'm always so happy when the wedding day arrives, and all the questions and writing and editing and other collaboration comes together into something even better than expected. Your family and friends were so lovely. It was a really special day.

Lindsey · Married on 06/24/2017

Kezia was wonderful! Our ceremony was so important to my husband and I.We had a lot of ideas but before working with Kezia I was at a loss as to how to put our vision into action... I am a sentimental and spiritual person and I wanted the ceremony to be unique & special, to incorporate symbols, rituals and readings that were meaningful to us, our history, our families, and to capture the essence of our love and life together but we also wanted it to look and feel like a “normal” ceremony incorporating a lot of ‘tradition’ …..all while keeping things on the short and incorporating some humor….no easy task and I was worried about working with a “stranger” for such a deeply personal moment in our lives but Kezia made it easy AND special. We appreciated her structure and organization…she is a pro and was on top of things every step of the way. She was extremely responsive through email and has a clear outline in terms of planning the ceremony. My husband and I both have demanding careers and planning a wedding was hectic…she checked in frequently as we approached our ‘deadlines’ but was never pushy and was understanding if we needed a bit of extra time. She kept us on track and thought of everything.
    She provides material to help you piece together the elements of your ceremony but is also flexible in terms of making your unique vision a reality. Although she was organized and prepared… nothing about our ceremony felt ‘canned’. She was prompt to our rehearsal and ceremony and professional, discrete and friendly. She worked well with all of our vendors and took care of little details we might have overlooked. We would highly recommend Kezia. Many of our guests commented that it was the best wedding ceremony they’ve attended and that that they felt so connected to our special moment.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much for this glowing review! I'm so glad you were pleased with my work. I love working with couples who care as much as you did about the content of their ceremony. It means that every word, every action, every moment of the ceremony is chosen/created with care, and such attention to detail really shows in the final product. Best Wishes for a lifetime of happiness together!
  • Y

YESIANA · Married on 02/05/2017

Kezia was very flexible and helpful with us, we plan our weeding in only four weeks and she was so accommodation. The ceremony came out beautiful.

Sent on 02/19/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you! I often tell prospective clients that even in a very short amount of time, we can create a really special ceremony. Four weeks was plenty of time (I once worked with a couple with only a 3-day turnaround) . . . and it was a pleasure and an honor to officiate Yesiana and Omar's wedding.

Candi · Married on 11/23/2016

We found Kezia through the knot and were very impressed with the strong reviews.
    We met at a Barnes and Noble and immediately felt like she was the right fit to officiate our wedding.
    Kezia kept in touch with us, keeping us on track with reasonable and understanding deadline plans for working as a team to put together the ceremony of our dreams.
    When we saw Kezia at our rehearsal dinner waves of comfort washed over us as we ran through the ceremony.
    My grandmother said the ceremony was the most beautiful that she had ever been to, my cousin said that he loved hearing our love story incorporated into the ceremony.
    Kezia was overall so caring and helpful in our wedding, and we would highly recommend her, wonderful officiant.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

This couple was just wonderful! It was so obvious, from the moment I met them, how in love they were (and are). They have a great story, and it was a joy to share it with their friends and families.

Phoebe · Married on 11/05/2016

Kezia made putting together our vows and our actual ceremony truly special - all of our guest keep talking about how unique of an experience it was and that it truly made them feel important to be a part of it. Kezia made getting married easy and fun! I can't wait to see the video and will always be grateful to her for her kindness, professionalism and attention to detail!!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you, Phoebe! I really enjoyed working with you and Kevin. It was such fun to tell your story to your families and friends . . . plus your wedding venue was absolutely gorgeous! What an amazing view of the city! But the view "inside the room" was even better -- seeing how focused the two of you were during the ceremony, and feeling all the love in the room.

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2016

If you are looking for an officiant to write and deliver a highly personalized and engaging wedding ceremony that you will cherish forever, look no further! My now husband Bob and I knew that we wanted to have a very special, secular wedding ceremony that even our religious mothers would love. From the first time we spoke with Kezia by phone, we could tell she was an excellent listener, understood our vision quickly, and had the expertise and experience to make it a reality. Kezia had a well-designed and thorough process for getting to know our story as a couple and incorporate it into the ceremony. She had a ton of resources for us to help choose the rituals, readings, and other components of a ceremony. It took a lot of effort on our part, but it helped us engage with important questions around what marriage means to us - and I know our relationship is stronger for it. Plus, Kezia was always there to keep us on track. She is by far the most organized wedding vendor we worked with! The ceremony script Kezia crafted was beautiful enough to make me tear up when I read it for the first time - and her excellent delivery made it even better! Our guests both laughed and cried. We got many complements, and some guests even said it was the best wedding ceremony they had ever witnessed. I cannot recommend Kezia Bacon highly enough.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much, Sarah & Bob! I'm so glad that you were pleased with how it all came together. I was too! You put together a great team of vendors, and your families and friends were a delight. Plus, I really enjoyed working with you, and hearing (and getting to tell) some of your stories.

Meghan · Married on 10/07/2016

When my husband and I were deciding on who would officiate our wedding, we knew we wanted someone deeply spiritual, grounded, and yet very real and relatable. We wanted a ceremony that was personal to us, mirrored our values, and reflected our shared vision for the kind of life we wanted to create as a married couple. Kezia, accomplished every bit of that and more. She is an absolute dream, and was our anchor through this entire process. Aside from being one of the most loveliest and nurturing individuals I have ever met, she keeps it light and fun and gives you ALL the information you need so that you can relax and enjoy the process. She crafted a ceremony that was tailored to us and included us in the creation of it, which made it so special and so meaningful, especially to our guests witnessing it. Everyone is still talking about how it was one of the most moving and love-filled ceremonies they have ever witnessed! Even AFTER the wedding, she has made sure we are supported and taken care of with the "next steps", which is a testament to her character. She goes above and beyond (and then some) to make this moment in your life one you will cherish forever. Kezia, from the bottom of our hearts, Michael and I cannot express our gratitude enough for you! We feel like you are family after this process, and we are just so blessed to have chosen you to guide us into our next adventure together. Thank you... sincerely!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Aw, Meg & Mike, thanks so much for posting this! I'm so pleased that YOU were pleased. After working with "my couples" to plan and write their ceremonies, I always feel a special bond. You said it just right -- we're family now.

liz · Married on 09/24/2016

We really loved working with Kezia. She made the whole process so easy and it's amazing how personal it felt given that we didn't have any previous history with her. She did an amazing job of really making the wedding an accurate reflection of us and making it sentimental without seeming cheesy or scripted. The ceremony was, for me, the most memorable part of our wedding, and so many people were raving about how beautiful it was!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thanks, Liz and Michael! I really enjoyed working with you. It's a honor to be able to share a couple's story with their wedding guests, and fun too -- especially when it's a story like yours.

mary · Married on 09/24/2016

Booking Kezia as our officiant was the best decision we made for our wedding. After we left our first meeting with her, we knew immediately we had to have her! She is incredibly warm and kind. She created a beautiful, personal, authentic ceremony for us that our guests could not stop talking about. The ceremony was the best part of the day, and Kezia made that happen! I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Lori · Married on 09/09/2016

Kezia is amazing. We cannot say enough great things about her and her service. She was our officiant for our wedding ceremony and it was perfect. She perfectly captured out 10 year relationship, touching on all the important and monmental moments and addressing all the important people in our life. She is so sweet and organized. Our guests also said such nice things about her and her work. Wedding ceremonies can sometimes be long and not very enjoyable but hers was energetic and personalized, it really told an awesome story. Our event coordinator who worked direcrly with our venue now wants to recomend her regualarly to other couples getting married there. She guides you through everything throughout the planning process and afterwards as well with things like lisences and how to change your name. She is wonderful person and wonderful at what she does. Cannot thank her enough.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Thank you, Lori!

I love working with couples like Lori and Mike. They have a great story, and it was so fun to tell the highlights to their families and friends during their wedding ceremony!

Neil · Married on 07/31/2016

My wife and I were lucky enough to find Kezia and have her officiate our wedding. To say that we were pleased with the way our ceremony came together would be an understatement. The way that Kezia was able to package our story and bring my wifes and I lives together was picture perfect. Having her up at the alter with us felt like we had one of our friends/family members bringing the whole thing together. Truly an amazing ceremony that left not only us but all of the guests saying, it was one of/or the best wedding ceremony they had ever attended.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Neil and Holly had such a fantastic story of how they met, fell in love, decided to get married. it was such a joy to officiate their wedding! Even before they exchanged their super-heartfelt vows, nearly everyone at the wedding was either grinning or crying tears of joy. Such a sweet experience! Thank you, Neil, for posting your review!

Anne · Married on 06/25/2016

Kezia is absolutely phenomenal. Having her officiate our wedding was the best decision we could have made. She was such a joy to work with. It was obvious that she saw our ceremony as about us and not her, and that shined not only through the ceremony but also through the process. She was such a positive person throughout the process as well as incredibly helpful. After the ceremony, I had people come up to me all night saying how much they loved the ceremony and how it was the best ceremony they'd ever witnessed (they loved how personalized Kezia made it), and they also loved how quickly (but not rushed) everything went-- there wasn't a single lull. I can't recommend Kezia enough; she is amazing!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much, Anne & Jared! You had some great ideas for your ceremony, and I loved how we were able to pull it all together. My first Pocket Watch Winding unity ritual! I'm so glad to hear that your guests enjoyed what we created.

Ryan · Married on 06/18/2016

From a year before our wedding to the week after, Kezia was fantastic. We knew when we first met her that we could trust her to put together a ceremony that would tell our personal story. Kezia provided us with everything we would need for her to write up the perfect ceremony draft, including a very detailed questionnaire, and she was always available and quick to respond as we planned everything. Even after our wedding, Kezia was helpful in providing us with advice on the marriage license, and even sent us a "keepsake" copy of our ceremony and vows. I can't recommend her highly enough for anyone who wants to have a strong personal touch to their wedding ceremony.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Ryan and Kaitlin, thank you so much! You were so easy to work with, and I loved sharing some of your stories with your families and friends!
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 05/07/2016

I wish Kezia could help me write this review, because she's far more elegant and entertaining than I am! Working with her was a delight, and she helped keep my husband (gotta get used to that word!) on track with her gentle reminders of what was needed at various points. We had more than a dozen people come up to us after the wedding to say how much they enjoyed hearing our love story as Kezia told it - it was so personal and unique, and allowed people that we've known for years even to get to know us better. Kezia was also incredibly helpful with logistics for the ceremony - without her I don't think any of us would have known where to walk, stand, etc! I can't recommend Kezia enough; she's a real treasure.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much, Cheryl! You and Craig have some great stories (to be expected after 17 years together!) and I really enjoyed hearing them, and sharing them with your wedding guests!

Kezia was great - a perfect combination of professional and personal! She took the time to get to know each of us and helped us create a ceremony that fit the two of us perfectly. I would highly recommend her for your wedding.

Sent on 03/30/2016

Beth · Married on 10/17/2015

A little more than a year ago, Kezia was the officiant/wedding coordinator for my unforgettable wedding in Plymouth, MA. As the bride, I was completely overwhelmed at the thought of planning an entire wedding ceremony. Kezia met my fiancé and I at a local Starbucks to get to know us and our story and took her time explaining the whole planning process to us. She not only made it easy and as stress-free as possible but she made it fun! To help ease the stress, she set deadlines for each step and was available to offer any advice or support along the way. Fast forward to the dress rehearsal- she coordinated a run-through with the families, wedding parties, & bride and groom so that everyone knew exactly what was expected of them the day of the wedding. This took away so much stress that I was able to relax and enjoy our familes that had traveled from out of town. I even got an (almost) full nights sleep the night before which is so important bc the wedding day is an all day event and the last thing you want is to be exhausted on top of everything else. The wedding ceremony was beautiful and flawless. It was one of the best days of our lives and we owe a lot of that to Kezia and her planning capabilities. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Wow, thanks Beth! You've had a busy year, and I really appreciate that you took the time to write this. The setting of your ceremony, in the Hornblower Garden at Plimoth Plantation, is one of my favorites so far -- so secluded and intimate (and naturally beautiful). It all came together really well!

Derek · Married on 10/17/2015

We planned our wedding in a relatively short four-month timeframe, and Kezia did an amazing job of helping us through the whole process, from the practical (but critical!) details like getting our marriage license, to the very personal process of creating our ceremony. When the big day came, she did a fantastic job, and many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the ceremony. The fact that Kezia was always so organized and on top of the details relieved us of what could've been a lot of stress. And even more importantly, her approach to the whole process ensured that the ceremony ended up being everything we'd hoped it could be, and uniquely "us."

Sent on 11/06/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 10/11/2015

With Kezia you're not just hiring an officiant, you're hiring a wedding coach, mentor, timeline reviewer, editor, cheerleader, and someone that loves what she does. Kezia is worth every penny. From the moment we met her, we knew we wanted to work with her. She sets you up with timelines, tips to read, questionaire, and makes the process of writing your vows a whole lot easier than it seems! Kezia is personable and friendly, and everyone at our wedding said the ceremony was touching and unique. Afterall, a wedding is truly about the ceremony- not the glitz and glam.

Highly recommend Kezia to anyone wishing to have the ceremony that you deserve. She is worth the investment.

Sent on 05/22/2018

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much, Liz & Ryan! I'm so glad you enjoyed the process of working with me, and I truly appreciate you posting a review here. I really enjoyed working with you and hearing some of your stories!

J · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I were so thrilled with the ceremony Kezia helped us create. She did a beautiful job officiating, and she was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish.

Kezia is super organized, responsive and professional - you can tell she is a seasoned pro! She guided us through many options to consider for vows, readings, and ceremony rituals, helping us create a ceremony that was truly "us" and that expressed our wishes for our marriage. We loved that we didn't have to stick to any standard "wedding script" - Kezia expertly facilitates a personalized ceremony, and she can help you choose the perfect vows if you are not writing your own.

Kezia is super thoughtful, and she has an absolutely wonderful personality. Several of our guests commented on how fantastic she was, and some even asked us if we knew her personally (we didn't) because she officiated with such sincerity and genuine warmth.

If you are looking to create a personalized wedding ceremony, Kezia is your officiant. She gives you a great ceremony "framework" to start with, and you can customize each and every part of it.

I cannot write enough wonderful words about Kezia and the exceptional job she does. We are so grateful that we found her and that she was able to officiate our wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2015

carolyn · Married on 10/03/2015

Kezia was so easy to work with, very down to earth, professional, personable, and organized. My husband and I loved the different options she offered that made our ceremony unique and personal. Many of our wedding guests commented on how awesome she was, and how everything she said during the ceremony was so true of my husband and I. She is a great speaker and we are so happy that we chose her as our officiant. We would recommend her to anyone getting married.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/26/2015

Kezia provided us with all of the elements we needed to plan our wedding ceremony. From the beginning she was helpful and very professional. We received several drafts of our ceremony and worked with her to create the perfect content for our ceremony. We did not need much editing as her first draft neared perfection! On our wedding day the feedback of our ceremony was very positive. Our guests said that there was "not a dry eye" in the audience; moreover, guests that have been married for a long time said it "made them want to get married again". She told our story perfectly with just the right combination of romance and humor. My cousin said she was "on the edge of her seat waiting to hear the rest of our story" We were thrilled with her services and will recommend Kezia to all of our friends and family.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Susanna · Married on 09/20/2015

Kezia is a wonderful officiant. I would wholeheartedly recommend to her anyone who wants to have a very special (and well organized!) ceremony. As several other reviews mention, she uses a questionnaire that couples fill out to help her craft a very personalized script for the ceremony, using the couple’s own words. And she lets couples edit the script until they are completely comfortable/happy with it – which we really appreciated. She is very flexible about how the ceremony script is structured, and offers lots of different options for various elements in the ceremony – e.g., readings, rituals, vows, etc. – along with abundant examples to give couples inspiration and ideas for how they’d like their own ceremony to be. In our case, we decided to have a very informal and participatory style, with each of our family members doing a brief reading (which they either selected or wrote themselves) during the ceremony. We loved it! The whole thing felt very “us” – which is in large part due to Kezia’s guiding process and her flexibility. Kezia was kind, understanding, supportive, responsive, and clear throughout the entire process. She also was very organized, and deftly accommodated our extremely tight turnaround (planning a wedding in three weeks flat!). We were worried about hiring a “random person” we didn’t know to officiate (we had hoped that a friend would officiate, but our turnaround was too tight). Through pretty much dumb luck, we stumbled on Kezia’s profile on weddingwire.com and really liked what we read in the reviews and on her website. We’re grateful that people had written really helpful reviews about her approach, which really made us feel comfortable hiring her. I hope this review similarly inspires others to work with Kezia. I am deeply grateful for the pivotal role she played in making our wedding special and memorable. The way the ceremony turned out – I can only describe it as perfect. And that was in large part thanks to Kezia.

Sent on 09/26/2015

Allison · Married on 08/22/2015

Kezia was amazing! She was such a pleasure to work with and coordinate our unforgettable and wonderful wedding ceremony with! When initially planning our interfaith ceremony, we knew it was going to be a bit of a struggle as I am Catholic and my husband is Jewish. But no fear, Kezia helped us put together a wonderful wedding ceremony that had guests laughing and crying and tied our two different faiths together beautifully with different traditions, explaining each and their meaning. We absolutely enjoyed our experience working with Kezia the entire time! Of everyone I had to correspond with throughout wedding planning Kezia was by far the most responsive and got back to you so quick! I really appreciated that because sometimes you just had a quick question or something you needed answered and she was able to respond right away! Kezia was also extremely organized and would set deadlines which we found SO helpful! Wedding planning can definitely become overwhelming but having deadlines and trying to meet them is a great idea to make sure you stay on task! The wedding ceremony is the major focal point of your wedding day so it is important NOT to rush this piece of your planning and to make sure it turns into something you and your spouse absolutely love and are excited about to share with all guests in attendance!

Kezia helped us to remain calm throughout the entire process and also on the day of our wedding, she is a great speaker and writer! Kezia also helped to make our wedding ceremony unique and different from other ceremonies! In fact that was one of the main compliments we received about Kezia and our ceremony was that it was unique, heartfelt, interesting and very well put together! Our family and friends absolutely loved Kezia as well!! She did an amazing job and I would HIGHLY recommend her!!! Thank you Kezia for making the wedding ceremony planning and our special day so wonderful and amazing!!

Sent on 09/01/2015