Kezia Bacon Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Andrew
    Andrew D. Getting married on 01/10/2022

Such an important part of my wedding!

Kezia was such a wonderful part of our wedding. As the groom I admit that I did not have a huge role in planning the wedding, however, in the end it was Kezia whose presence had the most effect on me. I was super nervous before the ceremony and Kezia was really helpful in assuring me that it was all perfect and going to plan, and she kept me sane throughout the process. Her words and story telling was incredible. After the ceremony the first thing my groomsmen said was 'Kezia for president'. She was able to accomplish exactly what Eleanor and I wanted which was a wedding ceremony with as little patriarchal influence as possible. 10/10!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much, Andrew! I really enjoyed getting to know you & Eleanor, and it was so fun to share your story with your family and friends at your wedding! I'm so glad I could help you calm down on the wedding day. It's surprisingly anxiety-producing for so many brides and grooms!
  • Lin
    Lin G. Married on 09/06/2021

Amazing officiant!

Kezia officiated our wedding on September 6th, 2021 and it was more than we could ever have asked for. So many of our guests came up to us afterwards and told us how great it was and how surprised they were that she was someone we hired and not a close, personal friend. She does a great job getting to really know who you are both as individuals and as a couple and made the whole process so seamless. The combination of the ceremony she prepares and how great she is to work with makes it SO worth the investment. Thank you so much, Kezia!!!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you, Lin! It was such a pleasure to work with you & Francis. I'm so glad you and your guests were pleased with the ceremony we created! Everything went perfectly.
  • Kelly
    Kelly F. Married on 08/29/2021

Perfect for a Personal Wedding

I can honestly say Kezia helped make our wedding ceremony unique and special to us. She helped make the focus of the ceremony about the love we shared for each other and our story together. There was just the right amount of personal touches without feeling like we were oversharing our lives with everyone. Kezia was beyond helpful in make sure we had everything that we needed for the ceremony and even provided us with steps on how to go about changing my last name which just shows how much she goes above and beyond for her couples.

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you, Kelly! I really enjoyed working with you & Mike. Everything went so well during your ceremony, and it was a pleasure to share your story with your family and friends at your wedding. I'm glad you liked what we created together! Best Wishes for many happy decades ahead!
  • Madeline
    Madeline F. Married on 08/21/2021

Incredibly personalized ceremony

Kezia was the BEST celebrant at our August 2021 wedding. Not only was she an absolute delight to work with throughout the entire process of writing and editing the ceremony, but at the rehearsal and on the day of the wedding she was a wonderfully calming presence. The ceremony was beautiful, personal, heartfelt, and so very special. Plus it went off seamlessly because of her organization and attention to detail. Thank you Kezia!!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you Madeline & Alex! I really enjoyed working with you. Your ceremony went so well ... everything was perfect! I'm so glad you were pleased.
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra A. Married on 06/09/2021

Ceremony of our dreams!

Kezia was amazing to work with. She guided us and helped us craft a ceremony that was 100% us and she was so professional and responsive throughout the whole process. I highly recommend her.

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you! It was such a pleasure to work with you, and I look forward to working with you again for your 2021 celebration.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca P. Married on 06/06/2021

Fantastic!

Kezia was wonderful in assisting us with our wedding, especially during the pandemic. She has been so kind and supportive of the whole process, always eager to keep us on track. I am so glad we got the opportunity to work with her and have her officiate our wedding!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you, Rebecca! You & Devin were so easy to work with -- great with deadlines and communication, for example. You made my job easy!
  • Nicole
    Nicole N. Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing experience, perfect ceremony

Kezia was so amazing to work with. We knew from the first 5 minutes of meeting her over video chat that we wanted her to speak at our ceremony. Kezia made the entire planning process so easy as she is so organized and provides so many reference materials. The final ceremony was truly about us as a couple and really told our story. We received so many compliments from our guests who loved hearing about how we got to that exact moment and we were so pleased with the entire experience.

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you, Nicole! I'm so glad to know that you and your guests loved the ceremony we created. It was such a pleasure to work with you and Cory!
    Chris D. Married on 04/30/2021

Kezia is the Best! Highly Recommend!

My wife and I had an absolutely amazing experience with Kezia for our wedding in Plymouth, MA. She was so helpful in crafting the perfect ceremony. By the time our wedding came around, it was like she knew our entire story and it showed when the day finally came. Our guests could not rave enough about the ceremony and how great it was! We would recommend Kezia to anyone!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thanks so much, Chris! I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and Sam. You two have a great story, and it was so much fun to share it with your families and friends at your wedding. I wish you many decades of happiness together!
    Ren O. Married on 04/09/2021

Look no further!

Following our ceremony, it was amazing (though not at all surprising) how many of our guests complimented the ceremony for its personal touches, thoughtful messages and wonderful cadence and flow. Kezia is a true professional and the entire experience was stress-free and joyous, if we could give her more than 5 stars in every category we would!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Aw . . . thank you, Ren! I'm so glad to hear how well received the ceremony was. It was such a joy to work with you and Emma!
  • Meagen
    Meagen M. Married on 04/05/2021

Kezia is the best!

Kezia has been absolutely the best! She wrote us a beautiful and personalized ceremony for our May wedding. When we had to postpone due to COVID19, Kezia could not have been more flexible and supportive. She wrote us a new abbreviated script, guided us through the process of planning a small ceremony, including suggesting possible outdoor venues and married us on our original date after all! My wife and I couldn't be more pleased and would highly recommend her.

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much, Meagen & Sarah! It was a pleasure to work with you. I'm impressed at how well you handled the stress of postponing your wedding and otherwise updating your plans because of the pandemic!
  • Meagan
    Meagan O. Married on 03/02/2021

She is Incredible!

Kezia is more then we could have ever asked for! She was so helpful from start to finish. Very organized, walks you through every step, and takes all the stress off your shoulders! We are more then pleased with our choice to use her for our wedding and she is even doing my sisters now!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you, Meagan! I really enjoyed working with you & Joe, and I am thrilled to have been "asked back" to officiate your sister's wedding too! Getting to meet couples like you are one of the many reasons why I love my work!
    Sara M. Married on 11/27/2020

Beautiful weddings!!!

Amazing fairytale wedding by a lighthouse dream came true with Kezia’s help!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

It was such a joyous day! Your feelings were contagious. Thank you for choosing me to be your wedding celebrant!
  • Daniel
    Daniel S. Married on 10/07/2020

Makes creating a ceremony incredibly easy

After having to plan a second wedding due to COVID-19, Kezia guided us through the process to plan a special socially distance ceremony only for immediate family. She was a delight to work on with the script and very responsive to emails. Due to the personalization of the ceremony, people thought Kezia was a good friend for many years. Highly recommend her!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you, Daniel! It was a pleasure, working with you & Emily, and it seemed like everyone enjoyed the ceremony we created together!
  • Taylor
    Taylor P. Married on 10/03/2020

Kezia is thoughtful, efficient and lovely to work with!

Kezia has been wonderful since our first Zoom meeting. She was inquisitive about who my partner and I are as people. She wanted to know what we thought of marriage and how to represent us at our wedding. She wanted our wedding to be about “us”. Our wedding was personal, spiritual and exactly what we wanted. She is so organized that we had everything we needed. She told us timelines of when things were due and kept us in check. She is simply wonderful!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you Taylor! I really enjoyed working with you and Alex . . . and your wedding was fantastic! I wish you many decades of happiness together!
  • Blair
    Blair K. Married on 08/08/2020

She is a dream to work with!

Kezia was a dream to work with! You work with her to put together the entire script exactly to your liking. She does a great job guiding you so you have a great framework and direction on how the ceremony should flow. She gives you complete freedom to customize it to your vision. She is very organized and keeps all other vendors in the loop. My photographer complimented her by saying he had never been given a cue card by any other celebrant/officiant. Everyone who attended our wedding thought she was a family member with how well she knew our story and made it feel so personal. I recommend her to any bride who wants a celebrant!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you, Blair! I really enjoyed working with you & Phil. You have such a great story, and it was a pleasure to share it with your families and friends at your wedding.
  • Sarah
    Sarah R. Married on 07/12/2020

The Best Officiant!!

Kezia is absolutely amazing to work with!! My sister in law highly recommended her, because Kezia officiated her wedding when she got married. My husband and I wanted a meaningful and personal ceremony. My husband and I got married on 8/23/2020 and Kezia did an amazing job! Our ceremony was meaningful and personal to us. Kezia is professional ,extremely organized, very responsive to emails. We had many changes due to Covid but Kezia was so flexible and extremely supportive throughout the whole process. She even helped me picked ceremony music, I really didn’t know if I wanted any or what to even pick. (thank you Kezia). Kezia even sends you the ceremony script and what to do to change your last name. She just makes everything so easy and really walks you through everything. I would highly recommend her!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much, Sarah! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Colin, and to see Colin's family again! You handled all the pandemic-related changes really well, and everything went perfectly on your wedding day. I hope our paths cross again :)
    Linda P. Married on 07/10/2020

Personal and Professional

I recommend Kezia to any couple needing a wedding officiant. Like many couples in 2020, my daughter and her fiance cancelled their larger gathering due to COVID. Kezia stepped in and guided them in planning a small local ceremony. She interviewed them and put together a ceremony that was warm and personal. She even rescheduled with a 24 hour turnaround before due to a predicted tropical storm! Thanks to her, they were married in a meaningful, stress-free celebration. Thanks, Kezia!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you, Linda! It's always a treat when the parent of a bride or groom opts to post a review here. I'm so glad you enjoyed the ceremony! I love it when I can help couples and their guests create events that are stress-free!
  • Hayley
    Hayley S. Married on 04/24/2020

Highly Recommend!!!

Kezia is wonderful! My husband and I decided to get married in a small intimate backyard wedding a few weeks ago after our wedding was postponed not once, but twice due to the pandemic. Kezia was so easy to communicate with and flexible! She helped ease my stress during all of the unknowns. When we postponed our wedding the first time we had a conflict with the new date, Kezia responded quickly and reassured me she would find another officiant to be there for us. By the end of the day she had someone lined up and put us in direct contact with them. We ended up moving our "big wedding" to May 2021 and we are so happy we get to have Kezia officiate both our big and small ceremonies. She quickly adjusted our original ceremony script for our small backyard wedding and made sure all the small details were accounted for. Our families loved our ceremony and keep talking about how beautiful it was. We couldn't be more appreciative and can't wait to celebrate with her again next year.

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much, Hayley! You and Nate handled the numerous pandemic-related changes to your wedding plans with such grace. It's been a pleasure working with you so far, and I'm delighted we'll get to keep working together through the next year!
  • Livie
    Livie Married on 04/18/2020

Kezia is amazing!!

I cannot share enough accolades about our experience working with Kezia. With every date change we had, she was always incredibly flexible, responsive, and helpful. On our wedding day she was a calming presence and summarized our story into the most well-written and thoughtful summary. She was always prompt in her email responses, provided us with great reminders throughout our wedding planning process, and was such a pleasure to work with. You cannot go wrong with hiring Kezia!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much, Livie! You and Matt had to handle a LOT of pandemic-related logistics and changes, and you did it all with such grace. It was a joy to work with you!
    Phil B. Married on 02/08/2020

February Wedding 2020

My wife and I were very overwhelmed on how to pick out Djs, photographers and especially officiants. We relied on recommendations for the prior but most of our friends had church weddings. We needed someone to help us figure out what WE wanted.

Kezia was a breath of fresh air when it came to selecting our officiant. She held our hands through all of it and helped both of us put words to paper what we had difficult times coming up with. She was worth every penny we payed her and more!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thanks so much, Phil! I really enjoyed working with you & Christina, and I'm glad to hear that I was helpful to you. It was so much fun to share your very excellent "how they met" story during your ceremony!
    Melissa T. Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing! So great to work with

Kezia Bacon was so amazing! She made every part of our ceremony so personal and touching. Also she is so helpful with any questions we had she had no problem helping us out with. I whole heartedly recommend Kezia for your life events!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you! I'm so glad to know that you were pleased with my work, and what I offer to my clients. Recommendations are the highest compliment -- that means so much!
  • Monique
    Monique B. Married on 09/28/2019

Helped us create an amazing ceremony

Kezia was lovely to work with, from the beginning she made the process of writing vows, etc so simple. Giving us all of the tips that we needed. She did such a great job of having our ceremony be a celebration of our love. We did not want something typical for a ceremony and she really made it special, keeping the guests interested the whole time. Kezia is friendly, professional, and amazing! We highly recommend her ! Thank you again Kezia!!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review! I really enjoyed working with you both and hearing the story of how you met . . . and everything that's happened in the 12 years since! I'm so glad that you and your guests were pleased with the ceremony.
    Chris Married on 08/31/2019

Fantastic, meaningful ceremony with support throughout planning

Kezia did a great job creating a meaningful and joyous ceremony after learning about my wife and me and our relationship. We had no idea where to start with respect to the ceremony and she was able to guide us through the process in a way that was very personalized and we loved the end result. She is very reliable and thoughtful throughout the process - would highly recommend.

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you very much! I really enjoyed working with you, and hearing some of your stories. We worked together to create a ceremony that represented you well, and got your guests in the mood to celebrate. It was such a great day!
    Marissa D. Married on 08/10/2019

Kezia is awesome!

My husband and I knew we wanted to have a special, sacred ceremony, but neither of us have ties to a specific religion. Kezia was the perfect option for us. She did the work to learn about us and write up our ceremony, but we were able to tailor it entirely to our liking. With her effort, and our collaboration, it became something that felt so right. Kezia also makes the whole process so easy on her clients - she is incredibly organized and consistently tells you what you need to do next (she sends reminders but is also flexible and understanding about deadlines). When you're so busy organizing the other logistics of the day, it's a huge relief to have someone so on top of your ceremony. I highly recommend her as an officiant, especially to anyone doing a DIY wedding. A few more great things about Kezia: It's very comforting to have her at your rehearsal because she is so organized and knowledgeable about weddings. She has a great attitude and is kind, considerate, and gracious. Last of all, with her effort, our ceremony was more magical and unforgettable than I could have ever imagined. We are so grateful we got to work with Kezia!

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you Marissa! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Conor. I am so glad I was able to make the process easier for you -- planning a wedding involves juggling SO MANY small details. Our collaborative efforts resulted in a very sweet, custom ceremony, and it was an honor to be able to officiate it.
    Kevin C. Married on 08/03/2019

Organized, intelligent, thoughtful...simply amazing!

Kezia is a special person and truly amazing officiant. Where do we begin?! She was so on top of things from day 1. We made several changes to our wedding script, and Kezia never once complained or made us doubt our choice. She replied to every one of my gazillion emails, promptly and with total confidence. That’s exactly what you want in a wedding officiant, and I’m so grateful we found her. Another one of the best aspects of working with Kezia compared to other vendors was how considerate she was leading up to the wedding; she drove out twice (over an hour drive), texted us when she got there so we weren’t worried about it, sent us our wedding script on the morning of to make sure that we had an electronic backup just in case, and covered every single one of the bases that I hadn’t even thought of. Even little details–from adding in a few lines to make the crowd laugh, to bringing about 100 colors of scarves to match the wedding party beautifully–Kezia covered beautifully, professionally, and elegantly. During the rehearsal, she brought extra copies of the readings and vows. She is also very experienced–she told us little details that at the time didn’t seem important, but on the day of I realized exactly what she meant. I remember toward the end of the ceremony, when I was tired and had definitely forgot some of the tips and tricks she said, Kezia walked over and whispered to me “I do” (nobody saw it) to remind me what I needed to do; even such a minor, sweet and considerate gesture made me feel completely at ease (and also made me not forget the two words, which could have totally happened at that point!). I thought to myself, ‘Thank goodness we have Kezia’ in the moment, and I feel the same way looking back on the entire process. I am a planner, and can’t emphasize how nice it was to have someone who thought the same way. I will add that, even for those of you out there who don’t necessarily work far in advance, it’s so worth it to have Kezia there helping you along. She sent us reminders about our marriage license, e-mailed us when she mailed it back to City Hall, and got us working on the script early enough that we didn’t feel rushed in the last few weeks. We got perhaps the most comments on the ceremony than any other aspect of the wedding, and it’s all thanks to Kezia. I never expected so many of my guests to tell me that they cried multiple times (happy tears!), and it warmed my heart to know that Kezia captured all the emotion we felt, and conveyed it to the guests. We recommend Kezia 1,000%!