Kezia Bacon Reviews

Kezia Bacon 4
Kezia Bacon 5

Ren O'connor · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Look no further!

Following our ceremony, it was amazing (though not at all surprising) how many of our guests complimented the ceremony for its personal touches, thoughtful messages and wonderful cadence and flow. Kezia is a true professional and the entire experience was stress-free and joyous, if we could give her more than 5 stars in every category we would!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Aw . . . thank you, Ren! I'm so glad to hear how well received the ceremony was. It was such a joy to work with you and Emma!

Melissa Thompson · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing! So great to work with

Kezia Bacon was so amazing! She made every part of our ceremony so personal and touching. Also she is so helpful with any questions we had she had no problem helping us out with. I whole heartedly recommend Kezia for your life events!

Sent on 10/21/2019
    Kezia Bacon 6
    Kezia Bacon 7

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you! I'm so glad to know that you were pleased with my work, and what I offer to my clients. Recommendations are the highest compliment -- that means so much!

Chris · Married on 08/31/2019

Fantastic, meaningful ceremony with support throughout planning

Kezia did a great job creating a meaningful and joyous ceremony after learning about my wife and me and our relationship. We had no idea where to start with respect to the ceremony and she was able to guide us through the process in a way that was very personalized and we loved the end result. She is very reliable and thoughtful throughout the process - would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you very much! I really enjoyed working with you, and hearing some of your stories. We worked together to create a ceremony that represented you well, and got your guests in the mood to celebrate. It was such a great day!

Marissa Dubecky · Married on 08/10/2019

Kezia is awesome!

My husband and I knew we wanted to have a special, sacred ceremony, but neither of us have ties to a specific religion. Kezia was the perfect option for us. She did the work to learn about us and write up our ceremony, but we were able to tailor it entirely to our liking. With her effort, and our collaboration, it became something that felt so right. Kezia also makes the whole process so easy on her clients - she is incredibly organized and consistently tells you what you need to do next (she sends reminders but is also flexible and understanding about deadlines). When you're so busy organizing the other logistics of the day, it's a huge relief to have someone so on top of your ceremony. I highly recommend her as an officiant, especially to anyone doing a DIY wedding. A few more great things about Kezia: It's very comforting to have her at your rehearsal because she is so organized and knowledgeable about weddings. She has a great attitude and is kind, considerate, and gracious. Last of all, with her effort, our ceremony was more magical and unforgettable than I could have ever imagined. We are so grateful we got to work with Kezia!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you Marissa! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Conor. I am so glad I was able to make the process easier for you -- planning a wedding involves juggling SO MANY small details. Our collaborative efforts resulted in a very sweet, custom ceremony, and it was an honor to be able to officiate it.

Rebecca · Married on 08/03/2019

Organized, intelligent, and thoughtful!!

Kezia has been the most involved of all of our vendors in terms of keeping us on track for such an important part of our day. She managed to pull together an incredibly thoughtful script for our ceremony that really captures us as a couple and individually. She's wonderful!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Kevin Chapin · Married on 08/03/2019

Organized, intelligent, thoughtful...simply amazing!

Kezia is a special person and truly amazing officiant. Where do we begin?! She was so on top of things from day 1. We made several changes to our wedding script, and Kezia never once complained or made us doubt our choice. She replied to every one of my gazillion emails, promptly and with total confidence. That’s exactly what you want in a wedding officiant, and I’m so grateful we found her. Another one of the best aspects of working with Kezia compared to other vendors was how considerate she was leading up to the wedding; she drove out twice (over an hour drive), texted us when she got there so we weren’t worried about it, sent us our wedding script on the morning of to make sure that we had an electronic backup just in case, and covered every single one of the bases that I hadn’t even thought of. Even little details–from adding in a few lines to make the crowd laugh, to bringing about 100 colors of scarves to match the wedding party beautifully–Kezia covered beautifully, professionally, and elegantly. During the rehearsal, she brought extra copies of the readings and vows. She is also very experienced–she told us little details that at the time didn’t seem important, but on the day of I realized exactly what she meant. I remember toward the end of the ceremony, when I was tired and had definitely forgot some of the tips and tricks she said, Kezia walked over and whispered to me “I do” (nobody saw it) to remind me what I needed to do; even such a minor, sweet and considerate gesture made me feel completely at ease (and also made me not forget the two words, which could have totally happened at that point!). I thought to myself, ‘Thank goodness we have Kezia’ in the moment, and I feel the same way looking back on the entire process. I am a planner, and can’t emphasize how nice it was to have someone who thought the same way. I will add that, even for those of you out there who don’t necessarily work far in advance, it’s so worth it to have Kezia there helping you along. She sent us reminders about our marriage license, e-mailed us when she mailed it back to City Hall, and got us working on the script early enough that we didn’t feel rushed in the last few weeks. We got perhaps the most comments on the ceremony than any other aspect of the wedding, and it’s all thanks to Kezia. I never expected so many of my guests to tell me that they cried multiple times (happy tears!), and it warmed my heart to know that Kezia captured all the emotion we felt, and conveyed it to the guests. We recommend Kezia 1,000%!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Shanno

Shanno Quinn · Married on 07/27/2019

Thanks for an amazing ceremony!

Kezia is fantastic - she is kind, reliable, professional and really easy to be around. She's very organized and helped us through each step in the process. She made us feel comfortable right from the start and did a wonderful job telling our story. We're so lucky we found her!! Thanks again for everything :)

Sent on 08/13/2019

Dan Zarzycki · Married on 06/30/2019

Brilliant and guided experience

Kezia is more than an "officiant" or a "JP." She was instrumental in keeping us on track. She provides a totally custom and beautiful ceremony package.

For us, she provided constant and relevant updates on ceremony prep and on the marriage license.

Our guests could not stop saying that the ceremony was amongst the best they had ever witnessed, if not THE best. We agree and honestly can't recommend Kezia highly enough.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Kristen Finlay · Married on 06/21/2019

Still blown away!

Kezia was an absolute highlight of both our wedding day and wedding planning. As a bride who did NOT enjoy every minute of planning/details/vendor organization, it was a huge help having Kezia on our side and making sure things ran smoothly for the ceremony.
    She is extremely professional, timely, organized, and calm throughout the whole process (which helps when you yourself are the opposite).
    Just like all of the other reviews, our guests all asked us if she was an aunt because of how personal she made the ceremony. It ends up being a lovely story about your meeting, dating, and your shared vision for the future. Our guests laughed, cried and cheered throughout the ceremony and it was truly so much better than I could have imagined it.
    Just do it, hire her for a unique and memorable ceremony and it will be worth every dollar!! Thanks again Kezia!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Kezia Bacon's reply:

This is such a wonderful review! Thank you Kristen (and Justin)! I'm so glad to know that you and your guests were pleased with the ceremony. And I'm even happier to hear that working with me made the process less stressful for you.

Lisa · Married on 12/01/2018

The Best Officiant

Kezia was by far the best officiant we could have ever hoped for! We found her on a random Google search after having already looked at so many other options. I was looking for someone with a website that had substantial content; to me that meant that officiating wasn't just something they did on the side in addition to their 9 to 5 job and I wanted someone I felt connected to. Kezia fit that mold! From our first conversation on the phone, she put us at ease and when we met in person, we felt completely confident that she was the right one for us! From the very beginning, she cared to learn about us - about our history, what we wanted for our ceremony and what our hopes were for the future. She gave us a timeline of how to proceed and worked continuously with us during the months leading up to the wedding to edit our ceremony until it was just right. She was even flexible when we missed deadlines! She was always professional, respectful and punctual and even helped us after the ceremony to organize changing my name. If you're looking for a truly unique and customized ceremony, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kezia. She is well worth what you'll spend on an officiant.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thanks for the glowing review! I really enjoyed working with you and hearing your story -- all 20+ years of it! I think it's the coolest thing that next year when you celebrate your first anniversary as a married couple, you will also be celebrating your 20th year in a relationship together. You were wonderful to work with, and I wish you all the best in the new year and beyond.
  • Charmaine

Charmaine · Married on 10/14/2018

Your search is over - book Kezia this minute!

If you are even considering Kezia to be your wedding officiant - stop. right. now. I'm serious. Your search is over! My husband and I really lucked out when we picked Kezia to be our officiant. I considered the ceremony to be the most important part of the wedding and Kezia most definitely delivered. She made the entire process so smooth and even enjoyable. Kezia is very organized, and she has clearly been doing this for a long time. She had a multitude of resources available to us in order to make our wedding ceremony truly personalized and reflect who we really are as a couple. She communicated well with our other vendors and she made sure that everyone was on the same page. During the planning process, Kezia gave us manageable deadlines so that the whole thing wasn't too overwhelming, yet she was flexible when we needed to extend a few dates.

The first time we finally met Kezia at our rehearsal, it felt like we had known each other for years! She is personable and friendly, yet she knows to be firm in order to get stuff done. During the ceremony, when we were a little overcome with emotion during our vows, Kezia's calming presence really helped both of us to take a deep breath and keep going. After our ceremony, our guests kept commenting on how wonderful the ceremony was, how it was one of the most heartfelt they had ever witnessed, and that they had never cried so much at any other wedding before (not that we want to make our guests cry, but happy tears are good). Another guest said that hearing our story (which Kezia told beautifully) made them look at their own relationship in a new light.

To summarize, my husband and I (and our guests!) could not be happier with Kezia's services. Please book her now; you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Jasmine · Married on 09/15/2018

Highly, Highly Recommend!

I could not have imagined a better officiant for our wedding. From the very start, Kezia took the time to get to know us and our vision for the ceremony. She was always responsive to questions and comments, and made us feel like we were the only couple she was working with. Kezia kept our ceremony planning process on an organized timeline, so by the time we got to the actual ceremony, everything was stress-free! She even made the trip out to our venue for a rehearsal the day before, and arrived well ahead of time the day-of to liaise with the DJ (who provided ceremony music) and our day-of coordinator. I cannot recommend Kezia enough!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you for the excellent review! And thank you for being so wonderful throughout the process of planning (and celebrating) your wedding. You two have such a great story, and it was an honor to be able to share it during your wedding with your families and friends.

Gerard · Married on 09/02/2018

Kezia officiated my wife and I's wedding 9/2/18 in Boston. She did a fantastic job. We had 66 family members and close friends attend our wedding and everyone came up to us after the ceremony and shared what a fantastic job Kezia did. We met Kezia close to two years ago and from the moment meeting her we believed she was a perfect fit. She was very responsive to emails, had a very good timeline that she kept my wife and I too. She was helpful when we chose to write our own vows as well. She went above and beyond with instructions since we've been married on how to change our last name, getting a certified copy of marriage license etc. Kezia made our wedding day very special, I would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Kerry · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband Elliot and I could not have chosen a better person to marry us than Kezia!! We are so happy that we worked with Kezia – she did a wonderful job and numerous people have told us that it was the best and most touching wedding ceremony they have ever been to.

Elliot and I are not religious but we wanted a personalized and meaningful ceremony. Kezia worked with us to get to know our story and understand our relationship. She put together a beautiful script about our love story that she read on our wedding day. Writing this script was a collaborative process - Kezia asked us a number of questions that made it easy for us to share details that would make our ceremony unique and personal. She then created a draft that we were able to edit as many times as we wanted before it was finalized.

Getting married also requires decisions about readings and music, choices around ceremony structure, as well as legal forms that need to be submitted. Kezia is incredibly organized and patient and walked us through every step of this process. With so many other things to manage with planning a wedding, it was so comforting to know that Kezia was on top of every one of these details. She helped us to make different decisions along the way and sent us reminders to make sure everything was completed on time.

Also – I should mention that our wedding was on Cape Cod – I was nervous with every vendor I booked that was located off the Cape as summer traffic can be very bad. I did not have to worry about this with Kezia whatsoever. She was early to both our rehearsal and our wedding, organized and ready to go. The day of the wedding she sent me a text once she was on the Cape (several hours early) so that I would not have to worry.

I absolutely recommend working with Kezia, she is the best!

Sent on 08/29/2018
  • Ariella

Ariella · Married on 08/12/2018

So Amazing! Best Decision Ever!

We hired Kezia as our officiant for our wedding in August 2018. We wanted something non-religious, but with a couple Jewish elements thrown in (I'm Jewish and my husband is Catholic). We loved Kezia and hired her at our first meeting. She is super organized while also being so relaxed, which made us really feel at ease.

She gave us a ton of information that helped us understand the options for our ceremony, including vows, rituals, and tons of optional readings. She combined this with information from a questionnaire we took to create a fully customized ceremony completely tailored to us and our personal story. We loved having something so personal for our ceremony and Kezia did a wonderful job. We went back and forth with edits a number of times and Kezia was super accommodating to all our minor tweaks.

When it came to the weekend of, everything about the ceremony went perfectly. Kezia delivered the ceremony beautifully and we were told by so many people how much they loved it. We highly recommend Kezia as the celebrant / officiant for anyone else's wedding. She was absolutely amazing.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much for posting this review, Ariella! It was a pleasure to work with you and Danny, and to be able to share your story with your family and friends at your wedding!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 01/06/2018

My husband and I got married at The Pavilion at Pinehills on January 6, 2018 where Kezia officiated our wedding! Kezia is extremely organized, professional, and friendly. She was extremely patient with us when it came to missing our deadlines ;) Kezia was able to pull our stories together and form a beautiful ceremony that made our guests laugh, cry, and smile throughout. Our guests couldn’t stop commenting how heartfelt Kezia made our ceremony. Kezia, we are incredibly appreciative of you and can’t thank you enough for sharing our special day with us!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much, Stephanie! You and Erik have a really wonderful story and I enjoyed every minute of the experience of sharing it with your families and friends, at your wedding.

Ashley · Married on 11/17/2017

I couldn't have dreamt up a better Officiant/Celebrant for our wedding. Kezia was a home run for us. For me (bride), the Ceremony was the single most important part of the wedding as I wanted someone who embodied and could communicate exactly what love means to my (now) husband and me. Kezia was it, and more. She went to great lengths to meet with me where it was convenient for me, even before I hired her. She was the utmost organized, very kind, open and friendly, and above all, she listened and then manifested the ceremony we asked for. The best part is, she creates your ceremony from scratch, based on what you tell her you want/don't want, and I was able to pick amongst an endless list of readings, quotes, vows, etc. to really make the ceremony script our own.

The whole process working with Kezia was seamless. She was with us every step of the way, was on top of deadlines, checked in frequently, and was flexible when things fell behind schedule (because of me!). She's thorough, eased any anxieties we had right up to our wedding day and during the rehearsal, and was detailed in her instructions of where to go, when to say what, etc. She's also excellent at following up with how to apply for a marriage license.

When you're juggling so many balls in the air in planning for a wedding, you want your Officiant to make things super easy, and Kezia is that person. She's also incredibly thoughtful. She's considerate, asks the right questions and even has 15+ different colored scarves for the bride/groom to choose from in order to match or coordinate with your wedding colors!

On our wedding day, I loved that she stood off to the side so that the photographer could get ceremony photos of just us.

After our wedding day, she followed up with detailed instructions regarding how to obtain a copy of our marriage license. I will tell everyone I know getting married about her. I couldn't have imagined a better Officiant to marry us, she's simply the best!

Sent on 12/30/2017
    Kezia Bacon 8
    Kezia Bacon 9
    Kezia Bacon 10

Kezia Bacon's reply:

This is a long and wonderful review, and I am delighted that the couple took the time to write it. They came to me with very specific ideas about what they wanted (and didn't want) in their ceremony, which in many ways made my job much easier. (That said, I also really enjoy the process of helping a couple figure out what they want to include, because many simply don't know where to begin.) No matter what, I want to make the experience positive and low-stress for everyone -- the couple, their families and friends, the other vendors, and myself as well.

Brittany · Married on 10/21/2017

Kezia is phenomenal. From the time my wife and I sat down with her all the way up to the wedding she made us feel comfortable with the process. Kezia is someone who makes everyone she comes in touch with smile and really feel intouch with everything going on and everything she is saying. I am so glad we made the decision to go with her and we will be using her for all of our future needs. Kezia is warm, friendly, professional and understanding. I highly recommend her and have nothing but good things to say!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you Brittany & Emily! I really enjoyed working with you, and I'm excited about the prospect of someday working with you for your house and baby blessings :) Every time I see an Almond Joy candy bar, I think of you, and your very first conversation at the snack machine.

Aaron · Married on 09/30/2017

Kezia is absolutely brilliant! From the first day we met her, I knew she was the celebrant I wanted to work with. She is a pillar of organization, professionalism and experience in the midst of the most chaotic event of your lifetime: your wedding. Trust me, I know your best friend says they'd *love* to be your Justice of the Peace, but there is just no substitute for the quality that Kezia brings to your special day; and, besides, let your best friends enjoy your wedding day without having to stress out over the details of officiating it. Something I especially loved about her service was how she really focused the ceremony around our story as a couple. Several of our guests approached us after the wedding and were convinced Kezia was a family friend!

Take my word for it and spare the money to hire Kezia for your wedding. You won't regret it!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/23/2017

Kezia was extremely helpful, professional, and prompt throughout the entire process. She went above and beyond what we expected and we are so grateful for everything she did. We had the perfect wedding ceremony thanks to Kezia!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you! You two were so fun to work with. I really enjoyed officiating your ceremony -- especially the humorous parts.

Dan · Married on 08/26/2017

You should absolutely hire Kezia as your wedding officiant. From the initial meet-and-greet through the post-wedding logistics, Kezia was responsive, professional, and organized. She laid-out the whole process for us and worked with our feedback to craft the perfect ceremony. She even provided back-up copies of all materials in case of disaster, and made queue sheets for the photographer and musicians. Kezia is warm and eloquent, and it really shined through during our ceremony. About 1/3 of our guests commented to me about how remarkable the officiating was - it basically became people's ice-breaker at the reception. Thanks Kezia!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much! And thank you for being so pleasant to work with! This was a Simple & Personalized (15-20 minute) ceremony at a park in Brookline, MA. Because the guest list was small (about 40 people), and there wasn't a big rush to get to the reception, we were able to delay the start so that the final 4 guests, who were stuck in city traffic, had time to arrive. It was a gorgeous day too!

Michelle · Married on 08/20/2017

Beyond happy we chose Kezia for our special day; I can't imagine having anyone else do it better. From day one Kezia has been kind, flexible, responsive and professional. She offered us so many resources to help us achieve the ceremony of our dreams and kept us on a very helpful timeline for getting everything done. Her resources included examples of vows, readings, the different things to think about when putting a ceremony together; also included resources for things to think about when preparing for marriage. She worked with us every step of the way, giving us advice, keeping us on the ball with preparing everything with as little stress as possible. She offers a really great way to go about the ceremony; tells your unique love story instead of typical ceremony readings you hear all the time. We had so many compliments from guests that they actually enjoyed listening to our ceremony and hearing all personal details/stories that were added. The day that we actually got married I was beyond impressed. Kezia delivered our ceremony with such ease and grace, keeping our guests engaged and us relaxed. Listening to our story, reading our vows to each other.... everything went perfect and again I had so many compliments for having such a unique and engaging/beautiful ceremony. Pick Kezia for your wedding, you will NOT regret it.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

hank you! I really enjoyed working with you. Planning a wedding is a lot of work, so when a couple meets all of their deadlines and is totally on top of everything involved in the ceremony planning process, it's a really big deal. We worked so well together, and on your wedding day, it showed. You picked an excellent venue (Zukas Hilltop Barn), so I'm sure the rest of your day was wonderful as well.

Taylor · Married on 07/29/2017

Hiring Kezia was one of the best choices we made in our wedding planning process. Kezia was incredibly organized and thoughtful throughout the entire process. For a type A person like me, this was a godsend. I appreciated how Kezia had a very clear timetable and deadlines for each step of the process. We iterated with her on the ceremony until we all thought it was perfect and told our story as a couple. In order to help us craft the ceremony, Kezia provided tons of resources like example vows, readings, and rituals. Kezia also made sure to help us with logistical things like getting our wedding license. She even helped me when I subsequently lost said wedding license 2 days before the wedding.

During the ceremony itself, Kezia spoke very articulately and warmly and her pacing was perfect. It was the opposite of the dry, highly-religious ceremonies that you might have experienced before. She made us feel at ease and really brought the audience along in the story. A true professional - she blended the appropriate level of humor and emotion into her delivery .

After the wedding, Kezia promptly handled all the paperwork. She also mailed us a lovely keepsake version of the ceremony which we will definitely hold onto.

Kezia was really just straight-up fun to work with. Even though getting married is a serious commitment, we liked how she shared our attitude about not taking yourself too seriously. Definitely hire her!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you! It always a pleasure to work with couples like you, who put tons of thought and care into crafting their wedding ceremony. The result is extremely satisfying for everyone -- the couple,their families, the guests, the officiant, and the venue and vendors. What a wonderful day!

Natalie · Married on 07/23/2017

Kezia was absolutely the right choice for our wedding. Given that we were planning a wedding at a distance we were a bit hesitant over the choices available. You never know how someone is in person when over the Internet! But Kezia surpassed expectations. From start to finish she eased our minds during one of the most hectic processes I've been through. She made what seemed a gigantic task so manageable. Additionally she was incredibly warm and calm on the day which helped relieved some of my anxiety! Thank you Kezia!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you so much! You and Calder worked diligently to create a ceremony that truly fit your vision for your wedding. I was so pleased to be a part of it!

ann · Married on 07/07/2017

We had to change our ceremony venue due to weather. Kezia was easy to work with and very flexible with everything.
    She was wonderful to work with

Sent on 07/13/2017

Kezia Bacon's reply:

Thank you! And thank you for being so easy to work with (the weather wasn't your fault!). I try to be a calm, reassuring presence throughout the wedding planning process. It really makes a difference.