Key West Cakes Reviews

Key West Cakes 6
Key West Cakes 7

Leah Hampton · Married on 12/16/2018

So pretty and tasty!

We hired Key West Cakes to provide cupcakes and a small topper for our wedding day at the Audubon House and everything was beautiful and delicious! We had two different flavors of cupcakes along with key lime tarts all of which were amazing! What I was even more impressed with was their ability to estimate how many we needed based on our guest count. We only had a few cupcakes leftover - it was perfect!

Heidi · Married on 06/23/2018

Absolutely loved every part of our cake. We loved the cake tasting process and the day of it was absolutely amazing! Key West Cakes did a fabulous job of bringing all of my visions to life. They worked great with our florist to ensure that our flowers were received and the cake could not have been more perfect!

Key West Cakes 8

Jill · Married on 04/14/2018

They listened to exactly what I wanted. It was the best. The taste was amazing I could eat like 10 pieces.

Kristen · Married on 03/03/2018

We decided on cupcakes for our wedding and Key West Cakes did not disappoint! Steven and Lauren were easy to work with. They allowed us to squeeze in a cake tasting 3 days before our wedding and when I asked if we could decrease the number of cupcakes it was not a problem! Plus the cupcakes were delicious! Can't wait to visit on our anniversary and celebrate with a cupcake from Key West Cakes!
    #finallyferraro

Key West Cakes 9
    Key West Cakes 10

Amy · Married on 02/24/2018

Ordered our cake sight unseen from Michigan to have delivered to our hotel. It was absolutely beautiful and delicious!!! Exactly what we wanted and it arrived as scheduled! Thank you! Highly recommend!

Key West Cakes 11

Deanna · Married on 02/10/2018

We loved working with Key West Cakes. They made sure the design of our cake was exactly what we wanted. Everyone at our wedding loved the coconut and vanilla flavored cake. Definitely recommend them for your next event! - Deanna & John

• Kyle

Kyle · Married on 01/20/2018

Key West Cakes did such a fantastic job on our little cake! I ordered a 6" round, three tier cake with Flowers from Kutchey's and it was treated with the same care as any wedding cake. It was DELICIOUS!! We cut out cake at Irish Kevin's and Key West Cakes delivered and I had nothing to worry about! Thank you so much!!

Key West Cakes 12

Raye · Married on 01/14/2018

We visited Key West Cakes three months before our wedding and was immediately impressed with the team (very honest -
    didn't try to oversell) & the amount of people in and out of the shop on a Thursday afternoon buying cupcakes was shocking to me. After the tasting, I knew why. Every single combination for a wedding cake was incredible. We went with a small two-tiered coconut cake, with key lime filling & mini coconut cupcakes. I have never been to a wedding where anyone actually eats the cake, but ours was completely gone. Everyone raved about how good the cake & cupcakes were. Also, the design using the key limes was exactly what I was looking for. Looking back at the price for the value & service, you are definitely getting a bang for your buck. So happy with our decision to use key west cakes!

Key West Cakes 13

Desiree · Married on 12/16/2017

I used Key West Cakes for my wedding cupcakes and a small bride and groom cake. We had funfetti, chocolate, guava, and key lime flavors. They were delicious and came out beautiful! Everyone enjoyed them. They were also easy to work with and very responsive. I highly recommend them for any event!

Katie · Married on 12/16/2017

We used Key West Cakes for two events our wedding weekend. They made the wedding cake and cookie platters for a welcome party at the Custom House. KWC delivered everything to the sites. They were responsive and helpful in email exchanges as we were planning long distance. They were able to provide recommended cake topper sizes as well as type/size of ribbon so our cake would look perfect. We provided the cake topper and the ribbon for the cake; they provided the magic. :) We would suggest asking advice on how to cut a slice of cake around the ribbon prior to the reception; although, our naivety made for a great memory. We did not get a groom's cake. It was all beautiful, on time, and delicious!! We plan to stop in for cupcakes any time we are visiting Key West. I stopped in twice before the wedding. Both times were so much fun. The staff is typical Key West - kind, friendly, helpful, and professional.

Key West Cakes 14
    Key West Cakes 15
    Key West Cakes 16
    Key West Cakes 17
  • I

Iris · Married on 11/18/2017

Key West Cakes is beyond amazing. They created two of the most beautiful cakes I have ever seen... they were also beyond delicious. Being a local and wedding photographer in the business, I see all of their beautiful work. It was no question that I wanted them to make my wedding cake. Coconut cake with key lime filling for one and then a guava cake with mango filling for the groom's cake. Not to mention, the confectiones creations were pieces of art. KW Cakes is THE BEST.

Victoria · Married on 11/18/2017

Key West Cakes made a beautiful wedding cake for my daughter’s wedding. And it tasted delicious – everybody loved it. They were wonderful to work with and I’m so glad we went with this company for this important day in our family’s lives. Thank you!

Key West Cakes 18

Diane · Married on 11/13/2017

Thank you "Key West Cakes". Cake was both delicious and beautiful. I would highly recommend. Truly enhanced our destination wedding.

Maryam · Married on 05/20/2017

The cake was gorgeous and yummy. Every single guest commented on how delicious it was, "the BEST cake I ever had."

Sent on 06/09/2017

Maryam & Charles,

Thank you so much for sharing this! We're so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the cake. We wish you both the best on your new journey in life together. Come and visit us again soon!

Best,
    Steven, Paul &

Julia · Married on 05/06/2017

Surprisingly, a cake was at the bottom of my list of wedding priorities. We had a desert table & I simply wanted a small cake for us to cut for photos. Our caterer Great Events referred us to Key West Cakes. After showing Lauren a few ideas of what I wanted, she helped me to pick one that worked the best for a two-tier cake. We also added key lime tarts to our order. The cake was SO beautiful! The tarts had gold glitter on them just like I had wanted to fit the vision of the desert table. My husband & I were so pleased!! People were obsessed with those tarts. They were a serious hit at the reception! We can't wait to eat the top tier on our anniversary! So happy we chose them!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Julia,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. When we can help to round out any event it's great, but to know that everyone really enjoyed the desserts is the best feeling for us! We wish you both an amazing new start to your life together. Come and see us soon!

Caroline · Married on 04/28/2017

Key West Cakes TASTE amazing!!! When we were down in Key West planning our wedding, we stopped by there store and bought some cupcakes to go...after eating them ALL, we decided we would use them for our wedding cake! They were incredibly easy to work with and executed our personal cake, and mini cupcake tower beautifully! Everyone loved the mini cupcake concept and all the different flavors, and our personal cake was AMAZINGLY delicious! We ate through all the leftovers from the wedding, in a week!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Caroline,

We are so happy to hear that you, Chris, and your guests all enjoyed the desserts! The minis are so cute and fun, and you got a great variety of flavors. We wish you a beautiful start to your new lives together! Visit us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Paul, Steven, &
    The Key West Cakes Staff
  • User6921209 · 1+ year ago

Absolutely loved my wedding cake!! It was exactly what I wanted. It tasted amazing and I am still hearing about how good it was!

Key West Cakes 19

Anna · Married on 04/22/2017

They gave us exactly what we needed. A small gluten free cake for the bride/groom and regular key lime cake with key lime mousse for the rest of the guests. I heard multiple people comment on how good the cake was on the wedding night and afterward. Everything was delivered on time and looked great! The way we did it was very affordable too.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Anna & Stephen,
    Thank you so much for your sweet words. We are so happy to hear that both you and your guests were able to, and did, enjoy the dessert. Come by and visit on your next trip to the Keys. :) We wish you love and happiness!
    Best,
    Paul, Steven, &

Mary Lou · Married on 03/11/2017

We had a great experience with Key West Cakes. We met with Lauren and presented her with our wedding theme and how we would like that theme incorporated into the wedding cake. She did a great job of making sure that happened. We had our tasting at their bakery and were able to select just what my daughter and son-in-law wanted. Great cake, fabulous fillings and delicious icing. It was just what we had in mind. I definitely recommend any couples looking for a wedding cake vendor to call Key West Cakes - it will be the perfect "icing" on your special day!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Mary Lou,
    Thank you for sharing this! We're so happy Ashley, James, and the both of your families and friends enjoyed the wedding and the cake. All the best to the happy couple on their new journey. We hope to see you on future visits to the Keys!
    Paul, Steven, and
  • W

Wendi · Married on 02/11/2017

Hands down best cake ever. Ever. Beautiful, tasty and really nice people.

Sent on 03/29/2017

Wendi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed the cake, as well as the process. We wish you and Steven all the best in your married life!

Warm Regards,

Lauren · Married on 01/07/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend Key West Cakes! I ordered my wedding cake from them and had the best experience! It quickly became clear that we had NOTHING to worry about and were in excellent hands. I had the pleasure of working with Lauren who was polite, professional, and extremely prompt in replying to my e-mails. Our cake was beautiful and delicious! It looked even better than I expected! Our guests are still talking about how wonderful the cake was. Thank you!!!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Lauren,
    Thank you so much for your kind review! We're happy to hear that the ordering process went smoothly, but more importantly that the cake was well received and enjoyed. We really do focus on making beautiful cakes, but they should always taste amazing as well! We wish you happiness in your newlywed life, and hope to see you soon!
    Paul, Steven & The Key West Cakes Team

Allison · Married on 12/20/2016

Our cakes were not only beautiful but it was also delicious! Key West Cakes were very professional and easy to work with!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Allison & Nick,

We are so happy you all enjoyed the cakes! The wedding cake and groom's cake were great designs, we hope Nick liked his as well. :) Have a great rest of your holiday season, and a Happy New Year!

Paul, Steven, and The Key West Cakes Team

Kristen · Married on 12/03/2016

They took our photos and ideas and created the cake of our dreams. It not only looked good but it was amazing to eat. It's a great sign when your guests go for seconds.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Key West Cakes's reply:

Thank you, we're so glad to hear that the cake was enjoyed. At the end of the day, cakes should taste good! We try to focus on that as much as making them beautiful. We wish you all the best in your new married life!

Warm Wishes,

Paul & Steven and

Rachel · Married on 12/02/2016

We LOVED our cake and cupcakes from Key West Cakes!! The cake tasting experience was so fun with Lauren, she was a pleasure to work with both in person and through email communication. We picked three flavors for our 3 dozen cupcake order and admit that the key lime flavor was our favorite. Our guests raved over all 3 flavors. Definitely loved our experience!

Sent on 12/25/2016

Rachel & Eric,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a sweet review! We're so happy to hear that you not only enjoyed the experience with us, but that your guests enjoyed everything as well. We wish you all the best in your new life as a married couple, and hope to see you soon!

Warmest Regards,

Paul, Steven, & The Key West Cakes Team

Nicole · Married on 11/05/2016

I am getting married on November 5, 2016. We recently selected Key West Cakes for our wedding cake. My fiance and I are from New Jersey, so coordinating a wedding from a distance makes things a little trickier, but Key West Cakes really was a huge help to us. We set up a cake tasting appointment via email, since we were taking a trip to Key West to look around.

The day of the appointment we were wandering around the island on foot, and happened to walk to the bakery about an hour before our scheduled appointment. That was not a problem. As soon as we walked in, they greeted us, brought us drinks, and were happy to set up the tasting early for us.

All of the cakes were delicious, and of course we were all too happy to sample the icings/fillings. After the tasting, we were able to discuss the number of people, and look through the books they had to get an idea of what we liked. We selected yellow and key lime flavored cake with mango filling and buttercream icing. The cake is going to be three layers, with white chocolate shells around it, and white chocolate starfish on top.

We were so happy with the tasting, we braced ourselves for what we thought would be a huge number. Boy were we wrong, the cake was incredibly affordable! We happily signed our contract, and have been advised that if we decide to make any minor changes to the outside, or change the flavors of the layers, they'd be happy to do so.

I truly appreciate their prompt responses to emails and phone calls. My fiance and I both have very demanding jobs, so my responses to vendors tends to be slow, and done at very odd hours...but Key West Cakes has always been prompt and incredibly helpful.

Long story short - Great cakes, Great service, Affordable prices, Flexible and Friendly. I'm happy to recommend them to anyone getting married in Key West.