Key West Cakes Reviews

Key West Cakes 6
Key West Cakes 7

Ann Sheahan · Married on 05/31/2019

Fantastic Cake

We had a wedding with 39 guests in Key West, and like many, had to plan everything from out of state. We both love cake and wanted it to be special. My wedding planner, Kristin Sullivan of Swivelgroupevents.com, recommended Key West Cakes. We did not have a tasting but after hearing recommendations we chose a white cake, raspberry filling, and buttercream frosting. OMG that cake was sooooo good! The day after our wedding we were talking about how we wished that we had saved some cake and Kristin arranged for them to make us cupcakes of the same flavor and deliver them to us. What a treat and how special! Thank you, everyone, for a fantastic memory

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Key West Cakes 8

Alex · Married on 05/04/2019

Delicious and Beautiful!

Yum!! Normally I don’t get super excited about wedding cake, especially with fondant on top. The design I wanted for the cake required me to have fondant and it was just delicious!! I’ve never had a better wedding cake. Also the team was super helpful when I went it for the tasting. I wasn’t getting into town until the Wednesday before the wedding and they let me wait to do the testing then. They had the cutest set up and gave us taste tests of all of the major cakes, icing, and butter cream flavors. They were all so good, it made it hard to decide. The design was EXACTLY what we wanted and asked for, it was beautiful. I am still getting compliments on my cake to this day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/27/2019

Most delicious cake I've had- period.

Not only do their cakes look good, but they taste amazing. I don't even know how their chocolate cake tastes better than all other chocolate cakes, but it does. It's been a couple weeks past our wedding, and I still find myself dreaming about their chocolate cake on a regular basis. One of the easiest and most delicious decisions of our wedding.

Sent on 05/08/2019

Samantha · Married on 04/13/2019

Guests couldn't stop talking about how delicious the cake was!

We are so happy with our decision to choose Key West Cakes for our wedding. We went down to Key West in January and did a tasting with them which was fabulous! They let us try about 8 different cakes and 8 different fillings in whatever combinations we liked. We ultimately chose Key lime cake with strawberry filling. Key lime was delicious and very "key west" and the strawberry tasted like it was picked fresh that day. I also asked them to do a "naked style" cake and they did exactly was I envisioned! We had so many guests coming up to us throughout the reception to tell us how good the cake was! Would highly recommend Key West Cakes!

Sent on 04/23/2019
    Key West Cakes 9

Brittany · Married on 04/06/2019

Delicious!

When I see a fancy cake, I typically think “It probably tastes awful”. Not here. We had Key West Cakes for our wedding on recommendation of our wedding coordinator and oh my goodness. Their coconut cake with mango filling was to die for. There was a cinnamon sprinkle on top that was unexpected but SO delicious. If you are looking for a great cake vendor, go here!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Stacy · Married on 03/09/2019

So delicious

We decided to have only cupcakes for our wedding and Key West Cakes made them both beautiful and delicious! At one point in the night I found myself in a crowd of people huddled near the cupcakes because we were all sharing and eating so many since they were so delicious! We had an array of types which were all delicious, but the Key Lime with Raspberry was the king!

Sent on 03/14/2019

Ellen Gillis · Married on 03/02/2019

Best Little Cake Place in Key West!

Our daughter had gone to a few cake places to see about wedding cakes and she and her fiance fell in love with the staff at Key West Cakes, as did my husband and I when we traveled down to Key West for a tasting, just a few months before the wedding. Everyone was professional and so accommodating! The aromas wafting by you as you walk in have you instantly salivating! We were given various cake flavor samples, along with icings, and fillings. The kids opted for a white cake with key lime filling and coconut buttercream frosting and the combination was out of this world! When I go back to Key West, I might have them make up a cake with the key lime cake (very light and a faint key lime flavor) with the key lime filling and the coconut buttercream icing just as a special treat for my husband and myself!
    Their cookies are outrageously tasty as are their cupcakes. You can't go wrong here!
    The kids opted for a beachy theme for their wedding cake, and Key West Cakes delivered! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed their cake and there was only a few slices left for the happy couple to take back to their honeymoon hideaway! It received rave reviews from everyone!

Sent on 03/20/2019
    Key West Cakes 10
  • Katie

Katie Gillis · Married on 03/02/2019

One word: Amazing!!!

This was the best cake I've ever had in my life!!! My husband and I wanted to incorporate some Key West flavor into our destination wedding for our guests and Key West Cakes did not disappoint!!! We had a white cake with key lime mousse and coconut buttercream and it was to die for! All the guests are still raving about how delicious it was! And don't even get me started on the decorating! It was a superb job that made our amazing day that much more awesome! We aren't big fans of fondant and worried what you could do without it, with just buttercream...apparently a LOT! Because Key West cakes decorated our cake with chocolate star fish and shells, it was truly an impressive cake! Seriously the best in Key West!

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Key West Cakes 11

Leah Hampton · Married on 12/16/2018

So pretty and tasty!

We hired Key West Cakes to provide cupcakes and a small topper for our wedding day at the Audubon House and everything was beautiful and delicious! We had two different flavors of cupcakes along with key lime tarts all of which were amazing! What I was even more impressed with was their ability to estimate how many we needed based on our guest count. We only had a few cupcakes leftover - it was perfect!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Heidi · Married on 06/23/2018

Absolutely loved every part of our cake. We loved the cake tasting process and the day of it was absolutely amazing! Key West Cakes did a fabulous job of bringing all of my visions to life. They worked great with our florist to ensure that our flowers were received and the cake could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Key West Cakes 12

Jill · Married on 04/14/2018

They listened to exactly what I wanted. It was the best. The taste was amazing I could eat like 10 pieces.

Sent on 04/21/2018

Kristen · Married on 03/03/2018

We decided on cupcakes for our wedding and Key West Cakes did not disappoint! Steven and Lauren were easy to work with. They allowed us to squeeze in a cake tasting 3 days before our wedding and when I asked if we could decrease the number of cupcakes it was not a problem! Plus the cupcakes were delicious! Can't wait to visit on our anniversary and celebrate with a cupcake from Key West Cakes!
    #finallyferraro

Sent on 04/07/2018
    Key West Cakes 13
    Key West Cakes 14

Amy · Married on 02/24/2018

Ordered our cake sight unseen from Michigan to have delivered to our hotel. It was absolutely beautiful and delicious!!! Exactly what we wanted and it arrived as scheduled! Thank you! Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/28/2018
    Key West Cakes 15

Deanna · Married on 02/10/2018

We loved working with Key West Cakes. They made sure the design of our cake was exactly what we wanted. Everyone at our wedding loved the coconut and vanilla flavored cake. Definitely recommend them for your next event! - Deanna & John

Sent on 04/27/2018
  • Kyle

Kyle · Married on 01/20/2018

Key West Cakes did such a fantastic job on our little cake! I ordered a 6" round, three tier cake with Flowers from Kutchey's and it was treated with the same care as any wedding cake. It was DELICIOUS!! We cut out cake at Irish Kevin's and Key West Cakes delivered and I had nothing to worry about! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 02/04/2018
    Key West Cakes 16

Raye · Married on 01/14/2018

We visited Key West Cakes three months before our wedding and was immediately impressed with the team (very honest -
    didn't try to oversell) & the amount of people in and out of the shop on a Thursday afternoon buying cupcakes was shocking to me. After the tasting, I knew why. Every single combination for a wedding cake was incredible. We went with a small two-tiered coconut cake, with key lime filling & mini coconut cupcakes. I have never been to a wedding where anyone actually eats the cake, but ours was completely gone. Everyone raved about how good the cake & cupcakes were. Also, the design using the key limes was exactly what I was looking for. Looking back at the price for the value & service, you are definitely getting a bang for your buck. So happy with our decision to use key west cakes!

Sent on 01/19/2018
    Key West Cakes 17

Desiree · Married on 12/16/2017

I used Key West Cakes for my wedding cupcakes and a small bride and groom cake. We had funfetti, chocolate, guava, and key lime flavors. They were delicious and came out beautiful! Everyone enjoyed them. They were also easy to work with and very responsive. I highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Katie · Married on 12/16/2017

We used Key West Cakes for two events our wedding weekend. They made the wedding cake and cookie platters for a welcome party at the Custom House. KWC delivered everything to the sites. They were responsive and helpful in email exchanges as we were planning long distance. They were able to provide recommended cake topper sizes as well as type/size of ribbon so our cake would look perfect. We provided the cake topper and the ribbon for the cake; they provided the magic. :) We would suggest asking advice on how to cut a slice of cake around the ribbon prior to the reception; although, our naivety made for a great memory. We did not get a groom's cake. It was all beautiful, on time, and delicious!! We plan to stop in for cupcakes any time we are visiting Key West. I stopped in twice before the wedding. Both times were so much fun. The staff is typical Key West - kind, friendly, helpful, and professional.

Sent on 03/01/2018
    Key West Cakes 18
    Key West Cakes 19
    Key West Cakes 20
    Key West Cakes 21
  • I

Iris · Married on 11/18/2017

Key West Cakes is beyond amazing. They created two of the most beautiful cakes I have ever seen... they were also beyond delicious. Being a local and wedding photographer in the business, I see all of their beautiful work. It was no question that I wanted them to make my wedding cake. Coconut cake with key lime filling for one and then a guava cake with mango filling for the groom's cake. Not to mention, the confectiones creations were pieces of art. KW Cakes is THE BEST.

Sent on 01/05/2018

Victoria · Married on 11/18/2017

Key West Cakes made a beautiful wedding cake for my daughter’s wedding. And it tasted delicious – everybody loved it. They were wonderful to work with and I’m so glad we went with this company for this important day in our family’s lives. Thank you!

Sent on 12/23/2017
    Key West Cakes 22

Diane · Married on 11/13/2017

Thank you "Key West Cakes". Cake was both delicious and beautiful. I would highly recommend. Truly enhanced our destination wedding.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Maryam · Married on 05/20/2017

The cake was gorgeous and yummy. Every single guest commented on how delicious it was, "the BEST cake I ever had."

Sent on 06/09/2017

Maryam & Charles,

Thank you so much for sharing this! We're so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the cake. We wish you both the best on your new journey in life together. Come and visit us again soon!

Best,
    Steven, Paul &
    The Key West Cakes Team

Julia · Married on 05/06/2017

Surprisingly, a cake was at the bottom of my list of wedding priorities. We had a desert table & I simply wanted a small cake for us to cut for photos. Our caterer Great Events referred us to Key West Cakes. After showing Lauren a few ideas of what I wanted, she helped me to pick one that worked the best for a two-tier cake. We also added key lime tarts to our order. The cake was SO beautiful! The tarts had gold glitter on them just like I had wanted to fit the vision of the desert table. My husband & I were so pleased!! People were obsessed with those tarts. They were a serious hit at the reception! We can't wait to eat the top tier on our anniversary! So happy we chose them!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Julia,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. When we can help to round out any event it's great, but to know that everyone really enjoyed the desserts is the best feeling for us! We wish you both an amazing new start to your life together. Come and see us soon!
    Best Wishes,
    The Key West Cakes Team

Caroline · Married on 04/28/2017

Key West Cakes TASTE amazing!!! When we were down in Key West planning our wedding, we stopped by there store and bought some cupcakes to go...after eating them ALL, we decided we would use them for our wedding cake! They were incredibly easy to work with and executed our personal cake, and mini cupcake tower beautifully! Everyone loved the mini cupcake concept and all the different flavors, and our personal cake was AMAZINGLY delicious! We ate through all the leftovers from the wedding, in a week!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Caroline,

We are so happy to hear that you, Chris, and your guests all enjoyed the desserts! The minis are so cute and fun, and you got a great variety of flavors. We wish you a beautiful start to your new lives together! Visit us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Paul, Steven, &
    The Key West Cakes Staff

Absolutely loved my wedding cake!! It was exactly what I wanted. It tasted amazing and I am still hearing about how good it was!

Sent on 11/24/2017