27 Reviews for Kerry Armstrong~ Formal Hair Design

Hair (7)
Updos/Styling (7)
Consultations (6)
27 Kerry Armstrong~ Formal Hair Design Reviews

I adore Kerry and have nothing but amazing things to say about her. I hired her to do my hair for my elopement ceremony, which was to be at sunrise. To catch the sunrise, I had to get my hair and makeup started at around 3:30 AM. I was really nervous about asking my vendors to wake up so early for me, but Kerry was totally game from the beginning. She is such a sweet person and is so incredibly talented. My ceremony was supposed to be on Tuesday morning, but on Monday morning I saw that the chance for rain had gone up. My photographer offered to do a mini photo shoot that evening at sunset, and I was completely freaking out because I didn't think my hair and makeup stylists would make it on such short notice. But being the amazing person that she is, Kerry pulled through for me. She responded to my email within 2 hours and moved her entire schedule around to help me! She did my hair for me on Monday and Tuesday and by the end of it all I felt like we had become friends. I loved both my hair styles and I looked amazing in all my pictures. She was such a kind and fun person to talk to, and everything about my elopement was exactly what I wanted. I think the best thing you can do for yourself as a bride is to hire amazing vendors and trust them, and I would absolutely recommend Kerry as the vendor you trust with your hair.

Profile Picture Wendy, 4/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kerry was absolutely incredible to work with and I am completely obsessed with how my hair turned out. From the initial kick off phone call to the day of the wedding, Kerry was professional, talented, a great listener and extremely proactive. I had a rather large bridal party + mothers of so she came equipped to the initial call with an action plan ready to ensure that all of the women would be ready to go in time for our early afternoon ceremony. Everyone's hair looked absolutely incredible and compliments were flying throughout the day. Kerry was very responsive over email and I had the utmost trust that everything would turn out exactly as we had discussed --which it did. I wholeheartedly recommend her and hope that I have the occasion to work with her in the future!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 2/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kerry is the absolute best! I had a particular hairstyle in mind for my wedding and she made it look even better than what I had in mind! Kerry listened to what every one of my bridesmaids had in mind for their hair and made it possible. Kerry is so lovely and was great to have around as we all got ready. Can't go wrong with Kerry for your wedding!

Profile Picture User5512159, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair

Kerry was the absolute best! She was so nice to work with and pleasant to be around and the quality of her work was phenomenal. Kerry was able to create custom styles for each of my bridesmaids that made them look unique and beautiful. For my hair, she was able to create beautiful up-do despite having very little guidance from me.

She was also so fun to be around! She made everyone feel at ease and made the morning of my wedding that much better.

Profile Picture Claire, 8/13/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair

I can't recommend Kerry highly enough! At my trial, I gave her a vague description of how I wanted my hair to look on my wedding day and she exceeded my expectations! She styled my hair in such a way that my thin, fine hair looked full of volume and held up throughout the day. My bridesmaids and the moms all have very different hair types and everyone was very pleased with their style. Her prices are very fair and it was great to have her travel to us! She has the sweetest personality and helped calm my nerves the morning of the wedding!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/18/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair

To say that Kerry was spectacular is an understatement. I hired Kerry to the hair for myself, two bridesmaids, three flower girls and two mothers. Everyone had a vision of what they wanted and she did a wonderful job of bringing that to life and making each girl look perfect.
Kerry was absolutely meticulous during both the trial and on the wedding day and I couldn’t have been happier with the end result. Between my hair, makeup and dress, I truly never felt more like a princess in my life!
Throughout the whole process Kerry was extremely responsive and always accommodating which ultimately put me at ease and made the whole process run smoothly. Kerry was able to create an absolutely breathtaking updo with just minimal direction from me. She worked miracles pulling the look together and it exceeded all of my expectations. What I loved is that she treated each person like they were the bride and paid great attention to detail to ensure that everyone go the look they envisioned.
To top it all off, she was a pleasure to work with and fun to chat with during the process. I would absolutely recommended Kerry for any brides in the area. She is phenomenal!

Profile Picture User5418626, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair

Words cannot express how much I love Kerry-she is such a gem. About a month before my wedding, I had lost the hair stylist I had originally booked for my wedding day. I promptly started researching online for a new stylist and when I came across Kerry’s website I sent an inquiry and prayed she would be available on such short notice. Luckily, she emailed me right back and was not only available, but more than willing to take care of me on my special day. She was always very responsive to messages and bent over backwards to make me feel at ease, especially given the situation. She really swooped in and saved the day! She even made herself available the week of my wedding to do a hair trial since I lived out of state. Her ability to create the exact look I wanted for my wedding day was amazing. She is truly one of a kind and the best Vermont has to offer. All of my four bridesmaids’, as well as my mother, looked absolutely beautiful. She was very intricate, taking great care to get each look right and ensuring that everyone was happy with the final outcome. Not only is she a talented hair stylist, but also is a loving, caring, and genuine person. She was so easy to talk to and I felt like we had been friends long before meeting. I highly recommend you book Kerry for your wedding day-she is everything and more!

Profile Picture Allysa, 5/14/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Updos/Styling

I loved working with Kerry—both during my hair trial and on the wedding day. Beyond paying really close attention to what I wanted (and working tirelessly to achieve the look), both her and her assistant were really nice to be around. Kerry did 14 people for my wedding—all before 2 pm. She was go-go-go all day and did such a good job on everyone's hair...curly, thin, short, you name it. Plus, I threw her a bit of a curve ball by requesting she incorporate this clip I picked out that was about half the size of my head. Still, Kerry did a perfect job and we all felt and looked beautiful. I highly recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Brigitt, 8/22/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Updos/Styling

Kerry was wonderful to work with. I was so lucky to book her! She is fun, and extremely talented. We had a great trial where Kerry was able to create a style that worked with my vision for the day. Her assistant arrived to prep everyone's hair the day of the wedding, and then she was able to focus on styling. She did my hair, 6 bridesmaids, and both mothers - all before 3pm! We had different hair types and lengths, too (stick straight, very curly, short, long, everything). All the girls loved their styles, and each was different. They all stayed in place all day despite heat/humidity and dancing. And Kerry is just the sweetest person. I can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 8/1/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair

When planning my wedding in Waitsfield, VT I was having a hard time finding a reliable and professional person in rural Vermont that I could trust. That is until I found Kerry! Kerry is extremely talented, responsive and professional. After the initial phone conversation, I met with her to do a consultation. I didn't have an idea of a hairstyle yet and Kerry helped me find one that worked for me and my dress. On the wedding day Kerry was on time and styled not only my hair but all five of my bridesmaids. None of my bridesmaids knew what they wanted done but Kerry was able to create a unique and beautiful style for each girl. I decided at the last minute to have a flower crown instead of a veil and Kerry quickly adapted the hairstyle to work with the new headpiece. She brought an assistant with her who prepped everyone's hair so Kerry could concentrate on styling. She and her assistant are a great team and work very efficiently together. We were actually all done ahead of schedule! Kerry was a very friendly and calming presence throughout the getting ready process. She was present without being obtrusive, and it honestly felt like she was just another friend hanging out before the wedding. Everyone's hair stayed in place for the entire wedding, even with an outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour with lawn games and a lot of dancing. I am recommending Kerry to all of my friends who are getting married in VT. She is a very t

Profile Picture User4492305, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kerry and her assistant did hair styling for me (the bride), my bridesmaids, and the mothers of the groom/bride for my wedding. She did such a fabulous job. Kerry never made us feel rushed, and had such a nice demeanor - she was the perfect addition to our day. Kerry's talent in hair design is exceptional. She knew how to perfectly style hair in a way that's current, without making it look promy or forced. I absolutely loved her and her talent and would recommend her to every bride. She was great!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kerry did an amazing job doing my hair and my bridesmaids hair for my wedding! She was able to perfectly execute what everyone wanted and we all looked stunning! Kerry is professional and a pleasure to work with! I highly recommend Formal Hair Design by Kerry for your big day!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 8/23/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Where do I begin... Probably by saying that I have sad, fine hair that just doesn't hold up in any kind of style. So when I started the search for a hair stylist, I knew I needed someone not just good, but GREAT, and that I would be willing to DIY makeup in order to afford somebody who really knows their stuff..

What I loved right away about Kerry's portfolio was that all the hair looked *perfect*. All the other websites I had been to always had a couple of shots with slightly messed up hair, and that really bothered me - why put that among your best shots? Do you really not see the issues?.. I was looking for a perfectionist, and that was the feel I got from her portfolio.

And then Kerry just blew me away at the trial. I had no idea my hair could look like that, and yet she was able to make it look amazing, healthy and full of body. On top of that, she is such a fun person! If we lived closer, we would so be good friends. Sometimes you just click right away with people, and that's exactly what happened with Kerry.

On the wedding day she managed to satisfy not one, but two incredibly picky mothers (which made us run a tad late, so only note for future brides: don't make the same mistake we did and schedule a lot more time than you think you need if you have several people getting hair done at once), and did something even more mind-blowing with my hairstyle. I wish I could post pictures, because it looked absolutely amazing. Best of all, it held up through the whole day and looked just as gorgeous when we ran out for drinks after returning to the hotel!

Overall, I can't recommend Kerry more. Next time I'm in Burlington, I'm stopping by just to let her work her magic one more time!

Profile Picture Olga, 8/17/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kerry was nothing short of AMAZING!!!!!! From the moment I met her at the trial, we instantly clicked and I knew I had made the perfect choice for my wedding hairstylist. Kerry and her assistant, Bianca, arrived at our venue early, energetic, and eager to start the day. They worked seamlessly together to make sure each person's vision was executed perfectly. Kerry truly added such a sweet, fun, and positive vibe to the wedding suite all day. The following are comments from the bridesmaids..."Kerry is a hair genius"..."My hair has never looked so good"..."I can't believe it still looks perfect (at the after party)". I will be forever grateful to Kerry for making me look more beautiful and feel more special than I could have ever imagined.

Profile Picture Jenna, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kerry was so fantastic to work with. She was personable, fun, and professional! She made my hair and my bridesmaids' hair look gorgeous and it held the whole night without looking overly hairsprayed or stiff! She was so friendly and did such a great job that I am trying to find an excuse to get my hair done by her again!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't recommend working with Kerry enough! She was professional, flexible and a pleasure to work with. From the beginning she worked with me to create the look I wanted.. At the trial I showed her a few pictures of what I liked and she magically created the up-do I was imagining. My bridesmaids each sent her a picture that was used as a jumping off point to create their wedding day hair. We all recieved so many compliments on our hair; Kerry is a true artist!

Profile Picture Shelby, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kerry was incredibly easy to work with and a blast to spend time with! After looking through a few photos and a quick discussion, Kerry understood my vision better than I did, and when I saw the final product I was amazed at how well she had captured my concept as well the feel of the wedding. Kerry was also amazing with the girls in my bridal party. She listened to their ideas and took into account their personal style while also making sure each girl's look fit with the rustic, outdoor Vermont wedding that we were having. Kerry is amazingly professional, while also being relatable, kind and easy to approach. Above all, she is a true artist! I was so sad to take out the pins and ruin the beautiful artwork she had created on the back of my head at the end of the night! Having a team I could trust made it so I could relax and enjoy every second of my wedding, and Kerry was an essential part of that team!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

She was amazing with the trial. However, she forgot to take pictures of the front of my hair during the trial and it was a little stressful trying to get that part straight on the day of the wedding. It wasn't perfect, but it worked. She was VERY good about being efficient and on-time and finished with a few hours to spare. If you're having an outdoor wedding I could highly recommend having her stay for touch ups after the ceremony, since the wind is always a factor.

Profile Picture User4130224, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kerry was wonderful to deal with and I was very happy with my hair. I would thoroughly recommend her!

Profile Picture User3781619, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My experience with Kerry was absolutely wonderful. I cannot imagine a better experience. She was professional, friendly and extremely talented. Each person in my bridal party had very different hair (one African American, one blonde and fine, and one thick, black Asian hair). Kerry found the right style for each of them. My own up-do was a masterpiece (she did a wonderful job with my waist length hair). My 4 year old flower girl was self-conscious about a large bump on her head and Kerry handled it very sensitively and she had a wonderful hairdo that she loved! Kerry did all of this with three rambunctious children in the room—staying calm, friendly and professional through ALL of the chaos. It was amazing she could be so friendly considering she drove over two hours to arrive at EXACTLY ON TIME 8am at our wedding location. Bianca, her assistant who also did some make-up was just as talented, super friendly and professional. I would recommend Kerry (& Bianca!) to anyone.

Profile Picture Diana, 8/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kerry was an absolute joy to work with. From the first time I met with her I knew I was in good hands. I live in Boston so getting up to a hair trial in Vermont was going to be tough. We ended up meeting at her parents house in NH to save me some time. We spent over an hour trying different styles out, she took her time and listened to exactly what I wanted.
Kerry did my hair, my 5 bridesmaids and 2 moms. Everything was flawless, she even handled a request from one of my bridesmaids to do a hairstyle that allowed her to take a nap!
I got so many compliments on my hair. It lasted through the night and well into the after party. I highly recommend Kerry to anyone who wants to look and feel their best on their wedding day. She can do it all!

Profile Picture Alexis, 7/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Very accommodating and helpful! Did a great job! Was a pleasure to work with Kerry!

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kerry was wonderful! I wasn't sure going into my trial what look I was going for. Kerry listened to some of the ideas I had and created the perfect updo. Day of, she was completely prepared and prompt and made sure that my bridesmaids hair complimented mine perfectly. She was willing to drive to what ever location I needed her to and even offered to come to our wedding location to make sure everything went smoothly! I would definitely recommend her for any event where looking your best is needed!

Profile Picture User3780564, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

So glad I found Kerry to style my wedding day hair! She made plenty of time for me even when I decided that I wanted to change my hair style just days before the wedding. She also did my bridesmaids and both mom's hair. Everyone was beautiful!

Profile Picture Stacey, 6/1/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kerry did my hair for my November wedding and did an absolutely perfect job. I had only the vaguest idea of what I wanted and somehow she knew just what to do. She also did the hair for the bridesmaids and for each of them she did just what they wanted without any trouble - their hair perfectly fit their personality! I would make exactly the same choice again, hands down. Thank you, Kerry, for a wonderful experience!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/11/12, 1 Review