Kerrie Baldwin Reviews

61 | North Smithfield, RI

61 Reviews for Kerrie Baldwin

Sue · Married on 05/15/2010

Kerrie is an amazing artist - she did a beautiful job with hair and makeup for myself and my daughter. I'm still getting complements on how great we looked! She is very warm and extremely professional and puts everyone at ease. I highly recommend Kerrie!

Sent on 05/24/2010

Jill · Married on 09/12/2009

Kerrie was a pleasure to be around & she arrived early. I kept changing my mind about my styling and Kerrie was incredibly responsive & professional. The finished result was better than anything I had imagined -- I got so many compliments on my beautiful hair, & my makeup looked natural & lasted all night through tears & a very sweaty reception. I would highly recommend this sweet, creative, & professional artist!

Sent on 09/14/2009

Negotiated everything very easily with Kerrie via email. Scheduled a trial a few months before the wedding. I pretty much already knew what I wanted but Kerrie was very knowledgeable as to what hair/makeup style would be best suited to your features. I could tell that even if I had gone in there with no idea she would have quickly come up with some great suggestions. Signed contract for day of wedding services. Checked in a few days before the wedding. Got a confirmation immediately. Kerrie arrived day of on time to do my hair & makeup as well as hair for my mother and 2 sisters. Everything went very smoothly and everyone looked fantastic. The brand of make up used was the most flattering I have ever warn. I was the bride on the dance floor the entire night which should have ended in a sweaty mess. However, I swear my skin looked fantastic from 3pm when I got it done until 4am when I finally took everything off. No touch ups needed besides my lips.

Highly recommend Kerrie and the make up she uses!

Sent on 12/15/2013

Lisa · Married on 05/27/2012

Kerrie's hair and make-up for my wedding was superb. She was very kind and easy to work with. She responded back to me with my questions and concerns. Which I truly enjoyed and felt much calmer that she was so professional. All of my bridal party looked wonderful for my wedding and I thought I looked so lovely. I appreciated everything that she did to make my wedding so wonderful.

Sent on 06/11/2012
  • O

Diane · Married on 10/30/2010

Kerrie was great. She is extremely professional. I never had to worry about getting a response form her or whether she'd be on time etc. etc. Going into the wedding she was the vendor I felt most confident about and at ease with. And she did a great job on the day of the wedding! I loved my hair and makeup I was particularly worried about the makeup since I never wear makeup but her makeup application made me look elegant and made my skin look fantastic and not unnatural, overdone or too unlike myself. She also did an amazing job with my mom's hair and MOH's hair-- both have very thin hair and she made it look full and gorgeous. And she was flexible, accomodating a last minute request for makeup from my MOH. I would recommend her to anyone. Also, on price -- its definitely expensive but not off the mark-- she had a lower price point than others I contacted.

Sent on 11/08/2010

Michelle · Married on 12/19/2009

Kerrie was very professional, timely, and provided excellent hair and makeup services to myself and some of my bridal party. The results were fabulous! I would recommend her to others seeking these services.

Sent on 01/10/2010

Kerrie did the hair and make-up on my wedding day for me, 4 bridesmaids and mother-of-the-bride. She did a wonderful job. Kerrie came to my mother's house where the 6 of us where getting ready. She came on time and finished all 6 of us in a timely manner. She did the same hair-do on the bridesmaids, and even with different hair lengths and textures everyone looked great. I would definitely recommend Kerrie for on-site wedding day hair and make-up.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Liz · Married on 05/07/2011

3.5

Kerrie was awesome! Neither myself nor my Matron of Honor was able to meet with Kerrie before the wedding day but she NAILED it ! Will use her talents in the future for any & all special occasions!

Sent on 05/09/2011

Christine · Married on 05/30/2010

Kerrie Baldwin is fantastic. She was friendly and receptive. Everyone was beautiful when she finished. Kerrie did a fantastic job with my hair and make-up. I felt special and natural all at the same time, and though I was an elegant version of myself, Kerrie always reminded me that it's important not to stray too far from the norm. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/04/2010

3.0

I did hair and makeup trials with 3-5 different people before choosing Kerrie to do my hair. I chose someone else for makeup because I wanted something pretty dramatic, and Kerrie only used one brand of makeup, and it wasn't MAC.

We had her do our hair for two days in a row. Kerrie did a good job with my hair and my maid of honor's hair, though my mom and aunt were less happy with their hair. Kerrie was on time, got right down to work and didn't spend a lot of time discussing options and looks the day of. We were doing hair at 10-11am and photos and ceremonies were hours later. So my hair had to be recurled but not until 8 hours later. However my aunt's hair fell flat within an hour or so and it didn't look like her hair had been done at all. She almost decided not to get her hair done on day 2, but in the end did. Kerrie also ended up redoing my mom's hair because my mom hated the first look on day 1. To be fair my mom has very fine hair that is very frizzy, and she said she wanted it to not look flat. Unfortunately the look ended up being frizzy and helmet-like so we had to calm my mom down while Kerrie redid it.

Overall it was good to have someone else do our hair so that it was one less thing we had to worry about. I wish my mom and aunt would have liked their hair more, but I'm not sure what we could have done about that. Doing more hair trials would not have been practical and probably wouldn't have helped.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Kerrie Baldwin's reply:

Thank you for the review. I apologize to hear services weren't satisfactory. I aimed to provide you with a transitional style that you could switch yourself for the evening event and avoid a second styling as you requested. Sometimes this does entail further curling/adjustments. When I began with Mom, the style she described was seemingly unclear, however, we connected ideas to remedy the situation. I was certain she was pleased with the final result. I had suggested doing tighter curls to allot for the time lapse for your Aunt, especially given her length and style. As a stylist, I try to recommend and suggest to the clients what I see best using many factors and experience. Ultimately, the final decision is not my own. Had I known of any discontent that day, I'd have been glad to restyle. I will use this feedback for future reference as I really do my best to understand every situation individually. I apologize for any deficiencies or misjudgement on my part. I enjoyed my experience working with you and your party and am glad to have been part of your events. Thank you for sending along photos. I look forward to seeing more- you looked beautiful- Congratulations!

3.6
      3.0
      3.5

Kerrie was easy to work with and on time on my wedding day. I changed what I wanted my hair to be from the trial and she easily made it work!

Sent on 12/03/2013