Kentucky Pro DJ Reviews

Kentucky Pro DJ 4
Kentucky Pro DJ 5
Kentucky Pro DJ 6
Kentucky Pro DJ 7

I want to give him 5 stars but the computer won't let me click on 5! We enjoyed Jason and his team very much. He is very passionate about his work. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Kristina · Married on 09/19/2015

I would not go with anyone else in Lexington. I also used the lighting from them and everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Leigh · Married on 09/12/2015

We were unsure about using a DJ vs a live band and we were over the moon about our decision to choose KYPRO DJ. Our DJ Russell was amazing and really helped with the flow of the reception without interfering at all. Everyone had a blast and people were out on the dance floor the entire night, just what we wanted! Working with them was very easy and they were able to accommodate a few requests we had about extra speakers and their placement. They got every song request just right and their recommendations were so helpful! I highly recommend using them for your wedding!

Sent on 10/06/2015

KY Pr DJ was AMAZING from start ( planning process) to finish for our wedding on September 5th 2015! Jason was so easy and great to work with even with some of my more strange request! Will definitely use him for other events in the future!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/15/2015

In a few short words - Kentucky Pro DJ was the best decision we made in planning our wedding! If you want a fun wedding where people dance all night and rave about your reception for years to come, you need to book Kentucky Pro DJ!
    Kentucky Pro DJ provided the entertainment for our August 15th wedding and things could not have gone better! My husband and I were very picky about who would DJ our wedding, knowing that the DJ truly sets the tone for an event. After meeting several DJs and perusing reviews, it became obvious that we needed to meet with Jason and Kentucky Pro DJ. From the very first meeting, I was impressed by Jason. Being an attorney, I quickly realized I was a little more particular than most brides. However, Jason effortlessly weaved my detailed vision for our wedding reception with his extensive experience and skill. The result - a truly fantastic wedding reception. There wasn't a single moment during our four-hour reception that guests weren't dancing and enjoying themselves. My husband and I have gotten so many compliments, many of which have centered on Jason and Kentucky Pro DJ.
    Kentucky Pro DJ also provided our up-lighting and photo booth and all services were rendered beyond our expectations! I must compliment the photo booth specifically ... It was awesome that each photo booth session generated two prints (one for our guests and one for us)! People had a blast taking photos and we got to enjoy looking at them later! Not to mention, we also received a flash drive with a full size version of every single picture! Our guests were thrilled to also have a digital version of these pictures and I was able to effortlessly upload them to FaceBook!
    All in all, you can't go wrong with Jason and Kentucky Pro DJ! Trust them with your big day!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Lane · Married on 07/31/2015

Awesome! Theres no other way of putting it. Our experience with Kentucky Pro DJ was fantastic. TJ was absolutely great, he was everything and more in a DJ. My wife and I really wanted our big day to be rememberable and TJ made sure it was. From our pre-wedding meeting with him to the finishing of our reception, TJ displayed a caring personality and can-do work attitude. Quick to hear our thoughts and ideas for our reception and eager to give us the best possible experience. Whether it was the lights, sound equipment, or most importantly, the music selection, TJ and company were impeccable. They were willing to adjust to our schedule and make sure we were 100% happy but at the same time TJ was still in complete control of the room. We'd would recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ that goes above and beyond your expectations.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Biggs · Married on 07/18/2015

KY Pro DJ did a great job at our wedding as they were very professional and easy to work with. My guests continue to compliment on the beautiful lighting schemes, monogrammed backdrop & photo booth they provided for the wedding. Additionally, with the photo booth, KY Pro DJ provided a beautifully organized photo album with comments and note from all our guests. The coordination for the event was the best attribute to their service bar none. My wife and I did not have to worry about a thing during the wedding. I would highly recommend KY Pro DJ for your wedding.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Emily · Married on 06/20/2015

Working with Russell and KY Pro DJ for our wedding was absolutely amazing. As every bride is I was worried about everything going smoothly on our wedding day and Russell was a big help to ease my mind. He listened to every idea/ question I had and helped me plan my big day. Even the day of and during the reception if I had to change the order of things all I had to do was let Russell know once and it was taken care of right away. Our guest had a blast dancing to the music all night long! Could not think of a better DJ for my wedding day!!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Jason, at KY Pro DJ, went to the moon and back for our wedding. From the moment I met him at a bridal show, he was friendly and respectable. We talked on the phone shortly after and he explained his company. I was shocked when we had been on the phone for an hr with him generously answering my millions of questions about his experience w/ SO MANY different venues-all before I ever even said I was booking him! As time went on, Jason truly became a good friend, which is exactly what you want in the guy in charge of your ENTIRE wedding! He told me he friends all brides he works with on FB to continue to get a better feel of what music/style they like. He really takes it seriously. He even provided a wonderful timeline suggestion for the reception as a guideline & why it works best. I trust his years upon years of experience... and he was right!Our reception went so smoothly! We had over 300 ppl & he kept them ALL entertained & dancing without a single a boring moment. He suggested we play 'the shoe game' while guests finished eating (which is needed for that many guests and a buffet!). He also provided beautiful uplighting which really transformed the room. I was able to pick the exact shades of colors of the lighting because he came out to the venue with me a month out to show his set up and provide his insurance. We changed the colors between cutting cake, first dances, intros, and etc - then he had some that went to the beat of the music for later in the night! So fun! Lastly-A week out from my wedding I realized I THOUGHT I had a photobooth booked, but I didn't. He turned a very stressful situation into no big deal in seconds when he offered to bring his photobooth instead. As with every wedding, there were a hand full of things that went 'wrong' that were related to other factors (not DJ at all). but with him there, not a single guest noticed! He dealt with so many (difficult) people with such class. My mom calls him the wedding MVP - and I couldn't agree more!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Eric · Married on 05/30/2015

I will start this review with “YES! I would hire them again and I would tell my friends to do the same!” I married my partner and friend of 13 years, Jason, on May 30, 2015. We were in a bit of a rush on the wedding plans due to a short time frame. We got our venue in January of 2015 purely by luck (someone had just moved their wedding earlier). The next big thing was to find a DJ. We were told by our florist to contact Kentucky Pro DJ and talk to Jason Henninger. Jason was a delight to work with and listened to each and every one of our needs and the short notice didn’t faze him! We decided on TJ as our DJ / MC for the evening. I sent my song selections and the day’s itinerary to Jason H. and he forwarded the information on to TJ. Our venue was only available the day of the wedding so we didn’t have a walk through the day before but we set one up 2 hours before – we had a dress rehearsal! TJ and his assistant John took everything in stride, accommodated the outdoor ceremony, the indoor reception and indoor dancing! I was apprehensive because we only walked through everything two times before everyone arrived. I had an officiant that needed a microphone and duet singers. The entire evening was perfect! TJ and John were the best! We didn’t have one issue and it felt like it was rehearsed for weeks. We are so pleased with the service and attention to detail! Thank you TJ, John, Jason H. and Kentucky Pro DJ!!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Kimberly · Married on 04/11/2015

All I can say is AMAZING! Being as this was our first time planning a wedding, we were completely lost when it came to selecting our DJ. Through a recommendation and research, we found a Gem! We can honestly say that Jason and his team at Kentucky Pro DJ made our wedding the "party" we were wanting. Not only did he work with us from the very beginning with song selection, timeline ideas, and stress relief (mainly on my part! Hehe), but he also made our reception breathtaking with the addition of up lighting. In the beginning I wasn't really sure what this would look like in our venue and was very nervous that it would look too tacky.... That feeling didn't last long. In our very first face to face meeting Jason had us meet him at a venue he was preparing for an event that was also using up lighting. He demonstrated the different colors, made suggestions on what would look best with the colors of our venue, and even gave us a demonstration of the lights changing colors in sync with the music!!!! Needless to say I was speechless, but nothing could prepare me for the final product. Jason and his team were so professional, fun, and easygoing. Jason also did an amazing job at keeping the reception and events on time while keeping the guests entertained! If you are looking for a person/team to take your wedding day from ordinary to extraordinary, then you must have Kentucky Pro DJ booked!!!

Sent on 04/27/2015

We loved KYPro! TJ was my DJ for my wedding, and he did an incredible job of working with me to determine my music lineup! He even found an obscure song that I wanted to walk down the aisle to and made it work! He did an incredible job of ensuring that the night ran smoothly and my guests were entertained. I really enjoyed having them there - very professional and fun!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Kelsey · Married on 12/20/2014

I can not say enough good things about working with Jason. Not only did he exceed all of our expectations but he was so helpful through out the whole wedding process. Before meeting Jason, we were worried that our DJ would not play the kind of music that we enjoy and that we like dancing to. Not only did Jason listen to what we wanted, but he was even able to suggest other ideas that we had not thought about. Both of our families are normally reserved, so we were concerned about people being willing to get out on the dance floor. However, thanks to Jason our dance floor was packed the entire night! We could not have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 03/25/2015

Ashley · Married on 12/13/2014

They did a superb job for us! They ask for input prior to the wedding and used our in put to provide quality music. Would definitely recommend them to others. Additionally, they traveled from Richmond to Ashland and that was no problem whatsoever. Very pleased!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Rebecca · Married on 11/15/2014

As a bride that just got married, I can't speak enough about Jason and his service at our wedding. I kept telling my husband the next day how in shock I was with how smooth everything went all night and how great Jason and his crew were. They kept checking in to make sure we were happy and kept us on track so we would have plenty of time to enjoy the night. NOTHING went wrong, or at least nobody told me or my husband,....flawless and an absolute blast! When deciding to choose a DJ, we had no idea how involved, detailed and helpful Jason/Kentucky Pro DJ would be with our wedding. I didn't do a wedding planner and I'm so glad I didn't because I didn't need one with Jason giving us tips on every aspect of the wedding planning process to him keeping in touch with us from our first meeting in January until we got married in November. We can't thank Jason and his crew enough for how memorable, easy and fun they made our wedding day! Thank you!!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Cassie · Married on 06/28/2014

Sam Tyree did a beautiful job keeping the flow of the reception on point! My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with our choice to use Ky Pro Dj. We were torn between having a band or DJ, we are so thankful we chose Sam. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had on the dance floor. Every detail or concern I had was addressed, including a birthday song for my guest to tweaking the length of our first dance. Sam and Jason also were in constant communication with my wedding planner to make sure the entire evening went off without a hitch. Wouldn't change a thing about our DJ!

Kirsten · Married on 06/21/2014

Jason from KY Pro DJ was absolutely amazing as our DJ. He was professional, friendly, and his expertise was apparent from the first time I chatted with him. Jason was highly recommended to me by a wedding planning resource company and his name kept popping up when I spoke to other vendors about needing a DJ. Because I decided not to hire a wedding planner, I was super nervous about the pace of the reception and if everything was going to run smoothly. Jason made sure that our wedding reception was perfect! He was the glue that stuck everything together for our reception because he constantly checked in with me to make sure the night was going the way I wanted it to and to make sure we were staying on the schedule I wanted. When we began to run a little behind schedule, Jason checked in with me and helped push everything back so that I wasn't rushed. I immensely appreciated Jason organization and expertise in helping make sure the night was perfect. Not only was Jason super helpful with the flow of the night, his music selection and DJ skills were outstanding! We had young guests, middle aged guests, and older guests and he made sure there was a wide variation in music so that everyone was happy and having fun. One of our family friends brought salsa music to play on a jump drive and Jason and his staff were able to play a few of the songs from the jump drive! The night was perfect! Several of our friends and family members commented on how great our DJ was after the wedding and that they had a blast dancing the night away! At the front planning end, Jason sent me several planning resources months before my wedding so that I could begin to think about music and song selections and his resources were super helpful in picking out music for our reception. Overall, if you need a DJ service in and around Lexington, I enthusiastically recommend Jason from KY Pro DJ. You will be extremely impressed by him and will not be disappointed with his services!!

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/07/2014

My husband and I hired Jason for our June 7th wedding. From our first meeting with him via phone we knew we couldn't go wrong with his company. He was personable, funny and organized. Prior to our wedding he sent us music request sheets where we told him all the songs we wished to hear on our wedding day. He organized the songs and made sure they were all played. Throughout the night I received numerous compliments regarding how wonderful our DJ was. Jason kept the entire night on schedule and didn't miss a beat. The crowd kept dancing until the very end of the night.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Taylor · Married on 05/25/2014

We got married at the Ashley Inn outside of Lexington and we were EXTREMELY pleased that we chose Kentucky ProDJ! We live in Alabama, so we were planning our wedding from a different state and Jason did a great job staying in touch with us. He sent us forms way in advance so that we could take care of musical selections and other details before the last-minute wedding stress that can often occur. He was flexible in setting up times for us to talk on the phone and he was very helpful as we planned our ceremony and reception. As far as our actual wedding day, Sam was our DJ and we thought he was wonderful! All of our friends raved about the dance music and how much fun it was! And even with a few last-minute changes in the order of the reception, Sam handled everything with composure and made sure everything still went off without a hitch. All in all, we were thrilled with Kentucky ProDJ and would happily recommend them to anyone!

Brandi · Married on 05/24/2014

Jason, of Kentucky Pro DJ, was so wonderful to work with! We loved how attentive he was to all the details of our wedding from the very first time that we met with him. On the day of the wedding he was very precise and made everything flow smoothly and perfectly. Our wedding day was exactly as we had planned and envisioned thanks to Jason's hard work. Not only did he MC and help keep our wedding on time, but he was also an amazing DJ that played a great variety of music and kept our guests on the dance floor all night long! Our guests, young and old, complimented us on the great selection of music that was played. I would definitely recommend him for a wedding or any event!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Cara · Married on 05/17/2014

KentuckyProDJ was amazing! I can't tell you how many people said the dance floor was the funniest dance floor they had ever been on!!! Jason is truly wonderful at not only the music side of things, but also at keeping the night on schedule, consistently checking in with the bride and groom, setting up our beautiful monogram lighting and room lighting, and making sure the night runs smoothly. If you go with KYProDJ, you will be sure to have an amazing reception that your friends and family will talk about forever!!! Not to mention Jason is one of the kindest people you will ever meet!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Cullen · Married on 02/22/2014

They were fantastic! We were a little lost when it came to picking our music but Jason guided us through and really made it a fun experience for us. He set the mood for the night and kept the party going! The photobooth was a HUGE hit! Everyone loved it and I still see the photo strips on everyone's fridge.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Nellie · Married on 01/11/2014

Jason and his assistant were my groom & I's SUPERSTARS at our reception. My new husband and I are extremely eclectic with our music and Jason was able to play EVERY SINGLE song we requested at the most perfect moments. No awkward pauses between songs, they are always playing something to keep the mood alive. I never worried about them doing a wonderful job. Jason was amazing at keeping us updated and helped us adhere to our timeline so that everything was PERFECT. I wouldn't have traded these men for anything - they tailored to us every step of the way and I couldn't imagine having any other DJ in charge for my wedding. Much praise to Jason & his team. They are professional, insightful and blessed with the talent for what they do. Book them.. NOW. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Meredith · Married on 12/07/2013

Jason was wonderful to work with. He took the time to listen to all of our wants for the reception from the décor and lighting to the music and organization of the night. I would highly recommend him. Very professional and made us feel very at ease and comfortable the whole time.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Kentucky Pro DJ went above and beyond our expectations!! I had been to a couple of his weddings before and as soon and I saw how smooth everything went for the wedding party and how involved he got and involved the crowd, I knew I wanted the same thing for our special day. I was unsure of the music choices at first and didn't have many songs picked out for the reception. I told him what I was looking for and he look care of the rest from there. I knew I had nothing to worry about when it came to music choices that went with us and our personalities. I also thought I didn't want lighting at our reception. I was just going to let the lighting from the room and candles be the only lighting. Im so glad I talked to them and got there options and opinions on what all he could do. I had no idea!!! They again impressed me and I was ECSTATIC with how everything turned out!! He took care of lining the wedding party up, introductions, entertaining the crowd...I seriously cant say enough good about how professional and awesome these people are!! I would recommend them for any party but especially your wedding. These people know their stuff!!!

Sent on 07/13/2014