Kentucky Pro DJ Reviews

Kentucky Pro DJ 5
Kentucky Pro DJ 6
Kentucky Pro DJ 7

amy · Married on 08/19/2017

Jason and KY Pro DJ were utterly amazing. Honestly, my initial thought was to hire a band - but I AM SO GLAD I went with KY Pro DJ. From the initial information request until our reception was over Jason and his team were professional, answered all questions in a timely manner, and were super easy to work with. Jason was very organized prior to our reception (which I love) - sent out a questionnaire about us, our wedding party, etc and requested we submit a music play list. We met prior to the big day and he went over every detail with us. We chose the uplighting package (our reception was at the Carrick House) - and Jason was spot on - it made the night. Every photo was different and it just added that extra touch to the night! Even though we had picked a play list - Jason recognized what music our guests loved and played the best music to keep everyone on the dance floor. Our reception was nothing short of amazing, we had so many compliments of how fun it was - and much of that was because of Jason and KY PRO DJ. This is an absolute must, do not skim on your budget for a great DJ!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Emma · Married on 07/16/2017

Best DJ experience! Adam was so fun with the crowd and successfully ran the order of the wedding without any hiccups!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Denise · Married on 07/15/2017

My wedding was 7/15/17. I booked Jason (KY Pro DJ) based off meeting him at the Castle Post wedding event in Sept of 2016. He seemed very personable and very helpful even before I booked his services. He gave me great wedding advice and gave me recommendations on other vendors (who I had actually already booked beforehand). Before booking him I did call other DJ/MC services just to compare what types of services I was getting for the amount I would be paying. Almost every other vendor I called wanted to sell me add on's to a package, they were more concerned about selling their extra's to me, than walking me through my reception. I decided then I would be silly to look any further and I needed to book him ASAP, which I did. My now husband, due to school, could not help plan any of the wedding or the music. Jason offers an amazing website to build your reception and music. I logged in whenever I wanted and worked on it in my spare time. It was super easy to print off and take with me when I needed to meet with another vendor.

We met once in person to go over the details a few weeks before the wedding. He helped me create a timeline of how my reception would flow, and even though he was not booked for my ceremony, he helped me understand what I should do and the timeline of my day prior to the reception. The wedding went off without a hitch and so did the reception. We had about 120 people there and as overwhelmed as I was, he made sure the night flowed perfectly and making sure we were on schedule and everyone was entertained. Booking his services not only gets you a DJ, but an MC. They were professional and well dressed. After the wedding I got more compliments on my DJ/MC than I did on anything else. My reception would not have been as memorable or flowed as smoothly if I had went anywhere else.

Whether you are a big dancer or party-er, booking KY Pro DJ for your wedding or event will be one of the best decisions you make.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/08/2017

KY Pro DJ was amazing for our wedding reception! Russell was the perfect MC and kept the party going all night long! We loved the uplighting throughout the room and the photo booth was SO fun for everyone! The music was perfect all night - from cocktail hour to dinner to dancing, everything was extraordinary! Thank you so much to KY Pro DJ for being a huge part of our day and making our reception perfect!

Sent on 09/25/2017

kayla · Married on 07/01/2017

Kentucky Pro DJ is seriously so awesome! Jason was amazing to work with and was our favorite vendor throughout the entire wedding planning process. He had so many great ideas to help us fill in the gaps when needed and he was so capable of making our other wishes for music, the flow of the night, atmosphere, lighting, everything come true. Carrick House was beyond beautiful with the uplighting and the dance floor was nonstop with his music and MCing. Our friends and family are still talking about how great our DJ and music were and they loved watching Jason and his assistant party with us on the stage. He was a fantastic MC and made everything that night go so perfect. He was always checking in with us so we also felt comfortable with the flow. The photobooth that KY Pro DJ provides was also great! He was able to use our logo for the prints of the photos and his props were so great. We loved getting the second copy of the prints in book for us at the end of the night and we have dropbox files of them as well so we can continue to view them forever! Our guests loved the photobooth!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Blaze · Married on 07/01/2017

Our DJ Russell was amazing!! He worked with our weird and personal requests, did his homework, and made for the best dance party ever!!! He played classics, pop, classic wedding tunes and kept the party going! He was also great at being flexible communicating with us and not needing too much from us when we were down to the wire! Could not have asked for more!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Courtney · Married on 06/24/2017

Jason and his team were SO wonderful to work with! Seriously the best! I basically told him to play whatever he wanted to keep the dance floor full and he did not disappoint. The atmosphere was so fun and everyone was dancing and having the best time. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Brittany · Married on 06/24/2017

Jason & the whole KY Pro DJ staff was phenomenal!! They make sure that you have a fun, stress free event and everything ran very smooth. I would highly recommend them for any wedding or event!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Sueticia · Married on 06/10/2017

Kentucky Pro DJ is so special to me. Long before I had even been proposed to, I knew that I wanted to work with Kentucky Pro DJ on my special day! I had the pleasure of working closely with Kentucky Pro DJ as an event planner and knew they were the best of the best with the best personalities and talent out there! Let me just say, we were not disappointed! We had the pleasure of working with Russ and from the first meeting until the sparkler exit and the last song of the evening, we were so proud and confident in him. We could not wait to show him off at our wedding and of course everyone just loved him! He was always there when we needed him and helped us stay right on track but was not over bearing whatsoever. He put the night into our hands but guided us every step of the way. His setup and his demeanor were so professional and tasteful, everyone complimented how fabulous he was. The planning forms that Kentucky Pro DJ supplied us with helped greatly and choosing songs throughout our engagement was my favorite part of the wedding planning process. We could not thank Kentucky Pro DJ enough for making our wedding everything we ever dreamed it could be.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/09/2017

We used KY Pro DJ for our wedding and they were amazing!! Very professional and kept the atmosphere fun. Everyone had a great time. We hadn't picked very many songs that we wanted specifically and they played a great selection.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Scott · Married on 06/03/2017

Russell and Kentucky Pro did a wonderful job as entertainment for our wedding and they were always there for us when we had a change in schedule.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2017

Jason and his team were absolutely fabulous. I had absolutely no worries during the reception because he was so on the ball, and he made certain that all of our guests were having a fabulous time. I would definitely recommend him to anybody looking for a DJ!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Christina · Married on 04/08/2017

Jason with Kentucky Pro DJ was great to work with! He listened to our ideas, was very thorough, and was great about getting back in a timely manner. He and his staff are very professional and they did a great job helping the bride and groom create a night of terrific music. Lots of compliments regarding the music at the reception. Jason also acted as Master of Ceremonies for the evening, and all of the ordered events, toasts, etc were flawless! Jason is great to work with and made the process very easy! We were in very good hands, and we appreciate his hard work and efforts.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Ji Young · Married on 10/29/2016

Kentucky DJ Pro and Jason Henniger is hands down the best of the best. Jason is so professional and very responsive. I had no plan or clue on wedding music and he walked me every step of the way. May Day was perfect and Kentucky DJ Pro was one reason why. I highly recommend them. They are worth your money.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/24/2016

Jason Henninger was incredible! He took the time to get to know us, listen to our concerns and preferences, and personalized his DJ service specifically to us. He took control of the flow of our reception, kept us on track and even helped keep distractions to a minimum! He was an invaluable asset to our celebration and I owe much of our perfect wedding and reception to his organization, technical abilities and attention to detail. He offered suggestions for music selection and kept the dance floor filled all night! We are very thankful to have found him!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Megan · Married on 09/17/2016

Jason was amazing! I knew it was a priority for me to have the dance floor to be bumpin' at my wedding so I splurged and booked KY Pro DJ. Best decision ever. So many of my guests said that they'd never been to a wedding where the dance floor was so packed. Even better, Jason kept me on track the whole night. You don't want to have to be checking your phone for the time throughout the reception, so it was great to have Jason come find me and tap me on the shoulder to remind me to go where I needed to be for toasts, cake cutting, etc. He was like a wedding coordinator and a DJ wrapped into one. He's done a thousand weddings and has a real strategy to getting the job done. Can't say enough good things!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Levy · Married on 07/23/2016

Think about the experience that you would want your guests to have at your wedding. We wanted a club-like atmosphere and really have a party!! Jason and his team were able to give us exactly what we wanted. The music list was right on point, the uplighting created the right mood and we even had light-up foam sticks that brought the party to the next level. We had young guests dancing will some our oldest guests. It all looked great in our videos. I would high recommend Jason!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Laurie · Married on 07/22/2016

I am a DIY, thrift store kind of gal. That said, we decided to splurge on the sound and music part of our big day -- and am I ever glad we did! Jason was a dream come true: professional, organized, super easy to work with, in possession of an impressive collection of favorite tunes as well as successful at locating obscure versions of songs we "had to have," and adept at gauging the peculiarities of our crowd and adapting his style accordingly. The result was a celebratory afternoon and evening made even better by clear sound, smooth transitions, and a thoroughly engaging emcee.

Seriously, you get what you pay for.

Look around, read reviews, and decide which elements of your event are most important. For us, that included great music, worry-free sound, and a talented DJ that didn't embarrass grandma. :-)

Sent on 01/31/2018
    Kentucky Pro DJ 8
    Kentucky Pro DJ 9
    Kentucky Pro DJ 10
    Kentucky Pro DJ 11

Ashley · Married on 07/09/2016

Jason and his team were amazing to work with. My husband and I really wanted a fun, laid back reception with a ton and dancing and they definitely delivered!! We also utilized their uplighting services and it made our reception space look fantastic and it really made our photographs pop! The photobooth kept our guests thoroughly entertained and I loved looking through the scrapbook that was prepared throughout the night and seeing how much fun everyone had. Having a professional like Jason in charge of the tone of the party made everything go so smoothly and my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy the best night of our lives! Weddings can become pretty expensive fairly quickly but we are definitely grateful we prioritized Jason and his team, it was money well spent to have the party that we always wanted. Thank you again to the team at KyProDJ!!

Sent on 07/22/2016

tracy · Married on 06/18/2016

They were extremely professional and personable with our guests. They provided excellent technical services for our ceremony. Additionally, they were thorough with the pre-planning of our event. They were highly recommended by the owner of our wedding venue and we have recommended them to many people.

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/11/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jason and his team at Kentucky Pro DJ! It was very important to my husband and I that we had a DJ that really got the party going at the reception and made it last all evening. Jason did just that! Our reception was a blast all thanks to him! Not only was Jason great for entertainment but he was so helpful with the planning process of our wedding as well. He helped me get our timeline together and asked about little details I would have never thought about! Jason made sure our whole day ran smoothly. He worked wonderfully with the rest of our vendors so we could have the dream day we always wanted. Thanks so much to Kentucky Pro DJ for helping make our day so special! I would recommend Jason and his team over and over again!!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Brooke · Married on 05/28/2016

Kentucky Pro DJ was an excellent choice for our ceremony sound and reception. A variety of packages are offered, and Jason tailors the package to precisely your needs through a highly personalized planning process.

TJ did a remarkable job serving as the MC for our wedding reception. He kept the evening perfectly on schedule while still maintaining the laid back feel we desired. Once the scheduled activities concluded and dancing became the focus, TJ paid close attention to the crowd in order to select songs that would keep the evening high-energy. I would recommend Kentucky Pro DJ to all central KY brides who want a lively reception that can be enjoyed by all ages!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Elisha · Married on 05/21/2016

Working with Jason was great!! He is a natural MC. He made our reception go so smoothly, was very professional, kept the night lively and fun, and did such a great job sticking to our taste in music. I really couldn't be happier with his work. Everyone kept commenting on how great the music was, and how much they enjoyed themselves. He really did make our night so special.

Sent on 04/10/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2016

Using Kentucky Pro DJ was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding. We had a tough time deciding between a DJ and a band and we are SO happy with the choice we made. Jason was extremely helpful and so responsive throughout the planning process. He even called a few days before to touch base and make sure we felt comfortable and excited for the party! We LOVE music and told Jason we wanted our reception to be a dance party from the time it started to the very end. Kentucky Pro DJ did not disappoint! We used Kentucky Pro DJ for the Photo Booth, Instagram station and uplighting as well. It was all completely flawless and we got so many compliments. They even had glow sticks which our crowd loved!! Jason checked in with us periodically to make sure we were having fun and reminded us to do what we wanted to do...dance! They read our group perfectly and always made sure we were happy throughout the night. Kentucky Pro DJ is the best!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Stephanie · Married on 04/02/2016

Jason and his team were wonderful!! Not only were they professional, but so entertaining as well. They had the dance floor moving all night and that's exactly what we were wanting for our reception.

Sent on 05/24/2016