Ken's Creative Kitchen Reviews

Ken's Creative Kitchen 5
Ken's Creative Kitchen 6
Ken's Creative Kitchen 7

Rene · Married on 07/04/2015

I can't compliment nor express my gratitude enough to Ken Upton of Ken's Creative Kitchen, it was perfection. We expressed our vision and he executed it flawlessly, from his exquisite cuisine to helping coordinate so many important details. His expertise and resources helped guide us to professional vendors who made our ambience magical. The staff of Ken's that served our wedding were attentive, professional, saw to everyone's needs and ensured that everything ran seamlessly. Our guests are still raving about the fresh jumbo lump crab cakes on fried green tomatoes, the pepper encrusted beef tenderloin, the jumbo sea scallops wrapped in applewood bacon, the raw bar and so much more! Thank you Ken for everything you had done to help make our wedding day so truly perfect for us and one that our guests say they will always remember.
    Rene and Rich

Sent on 07/15/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/28/2015

What can I say. This company is absolutely phenomenal. Katie was awesome throughout the entire process. Our food was absolutely amazing and everyone raved about it. This caterer was simply astounding. Thank you so so much for catering our wedding. Jennifer and kevin

Sent on 06/26/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/09/2015

My words cannot do justice to the superb job Ken’s Creative Kitchen did. My daughter got married at my parents’ house in Easton, MD. I live hundreds of miles away on Long Island. Thank goodness my brother & his wife, who live in Annapolis, suggested I use Ken’s. I could never have planned her wedding long distance without their help. It was everything we all hoped for. Katie helped with the planning and was always there when I needed her. She never lost her cool even at some very last minute changes. Helen was in charge of things the day of the wedding. She was terrific, both organized and gracious. The servers could not have been more professional and lovely. The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Our guests all commented on both the food and the waiters. I would definitely use Ken’s Creative Kitchen again for any catering needs.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Beth · Married on 05/02/2015

WOW! Words cannot express how amazing Ken's Creative Kitchen was for our entire wedding weekend. Ken and Helen Stewart catered both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding and they knocked both out of the park. Ken and Helen are not only caterers, but advisors, friends, and visionaries. They were incredibly thoughtful about our menu, creative with the dishes matched to our preferences and tastes, and they executed flawlessly, all with a smile. No one in the Annapolis / DC area should do a wedding without this dynamic duo.

A special note about Helen, who was our coordinator for the weekend. She made the weekend exceptional, and felt more like family than our caterer extraordinaire. I don't know what I would have done without her. Her warmth, heart, and kindness made everything so personal, and I will be forever grateful for her support throughout the weekend.

A huge thank you to Ken, Helen, and their team - you were an incredible part of our big day and we will remember your work for decades to come. xo

Sent on 05/07/2015

Chrissy · Married on 04/04/2015

The food and service was incredible. They converted our ceremony room into our reception room and they did all the work so neither I nor my wedding party had to help in the change over. Their day of planner organized and coordinated an absolutely incredible wedding. People were never without a drink in their hand and the entire party went without a hitch. They were careful to accommodate some of my guests food allergies and neither my husband nor I ever wanted for anything. I would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 04/07/2015
  • User4193194 · 2+ years ago

We were initially won over at the tasting,but quickly learned that their professionalism is just as amazing as their food(which is REALLY good).They are simply the best in MD.
    Suzy was patient and easy to work with throughout the planning process.I had complete faith in her;which is priceless when it comes to wedding vendors.There were several times where she was a total wedding hero!For example,the night before the wedding I set up a sample table and found out the 60” tables I rented would not fit 8 chairs.So I emailed Suzy,praying she would see the last minute request to switch to 72” tables.The next morning I stopped by the clubhouse to find Kens staff setting up 72” tables!Thank you Suzy!
    We were also lucky to have Helen supervise the reception.Several guests commented on how lovely and attentive she was!She brought elegance and class and went way beyond her expectations.
    As the guests arrived they were welcomed by a sharply dressed staff with gorgeous platters of hors d’oeuvres and champagne.But Helen made sure to set aside plenty of hors d’oeuvres for the wedding party,so we were greeted the same way upon arrival!I was so grateful for those couple minutes to have a drink and small bite to eat before we entered the reception.
    Helen and Kens staff made each guest feel like a guest of honor.Everyone has their own story of how Helen or someone on the staff made them feel important.For example,after the salad was served,I saw Helen at the groomsmen table with a HEAPING plate of bacon!Apparently when she asked how they were enjoying the salad, they said they liked the bacon,so she brought them a plateful!They still talk about how awesome that was.
    Helen also coordinated with the DJ,photographer and videographer so everything went perfectly.Had she not been there,I would have forgotten to cut the cake!
    I cant thank Suzy,Helen and Kens staff enough for the stressfree,beautiful reception.It was the best day of our lives yet, and they made it happen.Thank you!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Lesly · Married on 03/07/2015

Thank you very much to Ken's for an amazing reception this weekend. Helen was our captain for the night and she did a fantastic job attending to every detail and also assisting from set up to clean up. As the Event Planner for the wedding I was so impressed with their entire staff and how helpful Helen was to me throughout the day. Their team is so professional and on point with every detail. The food was not only delicious but it was plated beautifully, to include the garnish for the signature drinks and gorgeous first course salads. They truly made the night. Ken's is not only about GREAT FOOD but they totally get the details and service. Everything was excellent!!!!!!!!! Thank you all again! It was perfect.... and Helen is a gem!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/11/2015

A well deserved shout out to the awesome crew at Ken's Creative Kitchen and most especially the event manager Helen Stewart and her night of event team. No matter what the challenge (slick wet brick underfoot in the kitchen tent, numerous unique items requested by the family, malfunctioning restroom doors etc etc etc) the team was unflappable and the food was simply amazing. Perfectly cooked and served, it was as if they were catering an intimate dinner party for 12 instead of 150 guests in a tent in January. Ken's operation is simply the best there is in terms of professionalism, creativity, responsiveness and a total can-do attitude. Thank you for making my daughters wedding such a wonderful moment and memory.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Lindsay · Married on 10/18/2014

Kens was absolutely amazing! Everyone raved over the food - I've never seen so many cleared plates at a wedding! They were so accommodating and even recreated an appetizer for us that we had had at another wedding! We didn't have a wedding coordinator and kens staff made sure that everytgjng was executed perfectly- from our table set ups, flowers and all decorations- it was perfection!! I can't recommend them more!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Debbie · Married on 10/05/2014

Ken's Creative Kitchen is awesome!!! The food and service were amazing!!! Everyone that attended our wedding was blown away by the food! I will definatley be using them again!!!!!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Ken's Creative Kitchen did a large rehearsal dinner/ welcome party for 140 people at the Annapolis Maritime Museum. (I am mother of the groom.) There were delicious, ample passed hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour which included an oyster bar. Ken's let us provide the oysters as a family friend is in the seafood business. Dinner was a seated buffet. The food was outstanding and the service staff was gracious, professional, thoughtful -- making it a welcoming, casual evening. Exactly as we hoped it would be. From set up to clean up everyone was helpful and efficient. We worked with Suzy in planning, and Kona oversaw the event.

Sent on 09/10/2014
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/06/2014

Ken catered by wedding for 300 people. The food was outstanding & people are still talking about how delicious EVERYTHING was. The oyster bar was a huge hit! Everyone really loved the crab cakes, beef, and lobster mac & cheese. They did a great job with everything and i hope i can use them again some day for a different type of event!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Shannon · Married on 09/06/2014

Ken's Creative Kitchen is a phenomenal service. Ken is a fantastic salesman and really helped us plan the logistics of our wedding from the set up of our venue, when the first dance would happen, and to only give our guests one option (Crab Cakes and Chicken) so we didn't have too much trouble with invitations. Suzie, our coordinator helped pick our beautiful linens and dishes from Rentals to Remember. She even suggested a navy and white stripe tablecloth based on the theme of our wedding that wasn't even in the book. The initial tasting was delicious, and by the time of the wedding the guests clamored for the crab quesadillas we selected. The guests loved their food and so did my husband and I. The crab cakes were just out of this world. What was better yet is that Ken's Creative Kitchen really ran the show so I didn't need to use a Wedding Planner.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Heather · Married on 06/14/2014

We were so very pleased with Ken's throughout the entire wedding planning process. From their flexibility with our tastings, to Suzy's responsiveness to my numerous emails leading up; they were just really great to work with! I was very particular about how I wanted our signature drink; it not only tasted yummy but looked so cute garnished with a little strawberry on the edge, just how I imagined it :) the food presentation was phenomenal. We were even brought a little tray of all the appetizers just for my husband and I to enjoy at the beginning of cocktail hour; because as most brides know it's nearly impossible to find time to eat at your own wedding! That was so thoughtful and much appreciated. The bar and tables were set up beautifully... The waitstaff, especially one older gentleman in particular, were extremely nice. And Helen was AWESOME! She always made sure my husband and I had a drink in our hands, and kept checking in on us throughout in case we needed anything at all. Our guests raved about the food; a couple friends in particular, and I quote, said: "That was the best salad I've ever had in my life" ...and that was just the SALAD before the actual entree! Ken's is amazing, and I highly recommend.

Sent on 06/25/2014

stacey · Married on 05/25/2014

Ken's creative Kitchen catered our rehearsal dinner and it was the most fabulous evening. The staff was extremely accommodating, professional, friendly, the service was fantastic and the food first rate. It was a most memorable experience and we received tons of compliments from our guests. I would not hesitate to call on Ken again if I have future catering needs. Class act organization!!

Sent on 06/03/2014

andrea · Married on 05/24/2014

Ken's recently catered my daughter's wedding celebration in Annapolis, MD. We couldn't have been more pleased with the food and the service. The butler passed appetizers were fantastic! People couldn't get enough of the mini crab cakes or of the bacon wrapped scallops. Both were fresh, moist and delicious! The presentation at the food stations were creative, unique and served with class. Our friends are still raving about all of the great food that was served. And we have to mention the wonderful staff that worked at our celebration. They were extremely friendly, polite, cheerful and totally on top of everything. I never had to ask them to do anything. They thought of every last detail & handled them to perfection. To top it all off, their happiness only added to our joy. Many, many thanks to all of Ken's great team!

Sent on 06/04/2014

We had an informal outdoor wedding at our home. The planning and incredible enthusiasm and helpfulness of the staff were outstanding. The food was absolutely top notch. The on-site manager was a veteran and took care of every detail of the evening going well beyond the food and service. It was a great experience and we highly recommend Ken's Creative Kitchen.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Katherine · Married on 05/11/2014

The service Kens provided at our reception was amazing. There were always servers with food and drinks replenishing everyone. The appetizers and dinner were delicious (crab cakes are a must)! Everything was served promptly and professionally, the service was definitely outstanding. I was worried about how the signature cocktails would work out but the bartenders did a great job! Overall, Kens came very highly recommended in the area and I will continue to spread that message.
    ~Kate Chadwick
    May 11th, 2014 London Town and Gardens

Sent on 06/24/2014

Ken's was a delight to work with. From our first meeting with Suzy from Ken's Creative Kitchen to our reception everything was perfect. Suzy helped to provide great suggestions and was instrumental in planning a lot of the details of our reception. The food was simply amazing. Every one of our guests kept telling us how awesome the food was. The crab cakes were delicious, the beef was cooked just right! Their basil thyme bread was seriously the best bread I've ever eaten. The entire staff was a huge help on our wedding day and made everything run smoothly and go off without a hitch!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Ken and his staff were amazing! He personally worked with us to create a delicious menu of cohesive courses, and assist in our wine pairing. He was very quick to respond to all of my emails and any questions I had. He was even able to create vegan plates with only a day's notice before the wedding! His event manager was spectacular and the food production was flawless. Ken and his staff knocked it out of the park!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Hands down the best part of my wedding reception! Such great food!

Sent on 08/09/2014

Lori · Married on 04/05/2014

Our daughter got married a week ago and I am still smiling. Everyone at Kens Creative Kitchen made the evening a complete success. Leading up to the wedding Ken was always available to talk with me about ideas and to answer my questions. Helen was our event manager and I can not say enough wonderful things about her! She was a delight and always smiling! She seemed to anticipate our every need and those of our guests. She made our daughter feel so special--even sending her and her new husband off with a bottle of wine and food. She thought of everything. The staff at kens did an outstanding job. They were so attentive making sure glasses were always full to beautifully serving the food. Many of our guests said the food was the best they had ever had. The kitchen staff did an outstanding job!! Hiring Kens Creative Kitchen is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Amy · Married on 03/01/2014

I have worked with Ken and his staff for over ten years, so there was no doubt in my mind that I would hire them when my turn finally arrived to host an event.

All of our guests TOTALLY RAVED about Ken's food and service ~ from the incredible lobster bisque, crab cakes and lavish cheese display to the ice cream sundae bar and surprise cookies & milk for dessert… people were all just completely blown away. Everyone raved about how delicious the fish and chicken entrees were, and such large portions! And last but not least, the BIGGEST CHALLAH anyone in our family has ever seen!

From the minute we arrived to set up for the party to getting the last load into our car, Ken and his staff were all so helpful and expeditious. We didn't realize how much work it was all going to be, and would have been so overwhelmed without their help.

We spent Sunday afternoon savoring the leftover food and wine at our house with our extended family. It was the perfect ending to the perfect weekend.

Ken is simply THE BEST!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Anne · Married on 10/12/2013

The service that Ken's provided was impeccable! Helen (the head server for our wedding) is amazing! She was on top of every detail of the wedding ensuring that everything ran on time and smoothly. We could not have done this without her!

Sent on 10/16/2013

alyce · Married on 10/12/2013

Ken's produces such amazing quality food. The food looked and tasted absolutely delicious. The service staff was amazing and I wouldn't use any other caterer for my event.

Sent on 10/25/2013