Ken's Creative Kitchen Reviews

Ken's Creative Kitchen 5
Ken's Creative Kitchen 6
Ken's Creative Kitchen 7

Grace · Married on 06/03/2017

Ken's Creative Kitchen is literally the best!! First off, I'm not sure how anyone who does a tasting with them chooses anyone else. The tasting room is welcoming, and the food is amazing. Hello crab cakes!

I second the previous comment from another reviewer about "part caterer, part advisor, part family". We worked with Katie, and she is totally amazing. I didn't need a wedding planner or "day of coordinator". That was Katie! She listened to my vision and helped us put together the perfect day.

On the day of the wedding, I have never seen anything run so smoothly. The food was epic, the drinks were flowing, and the service was unparalleled. I know I am biased, but I think it was the best party that I have every been to. Even when I started to have a meltdown because the shuttle was messed up, Katie came to the rescue and helped me & my guests get out the door.

Choosing Ken's was one of the best decisions that I made during my wedding planning process. I'm obsessed and can't wait to plan another party!!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Laura · Married on 06/03/2017

We loved working with Ken's. In the lead up to our wedding, when people would ask who our caterer was, everyone gushed over Ken's, saying they are the best in town. They really are!

The food was incredible, but the people were even better. Katie was a delight to work with - creative, flexible and friendly. The tasting was an incredible experience in and of itself.

The day-of staff were fantastic - genuinely happy people putting out a really amazing product. The catering captain even dropped off a packet of leftovers at our hotel after the wedding, which we enjoyed the next day.

Worth every penny!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Cynthia · Married on 05/05/2017

Where to even begin. My husband and I knew that an open bar and food were two of the most important things to us for our wedding day. Our venue had a list of catering choices to choose from which included Ken's Creative Kitchen. From the get go we could tell that Ken's was above the rest just given the amazing choices on their sample menus and the ease of using their website. These were clearly professionals and boy was that spot on. We specifically dealt with Lauren who was absolutely amazing. We had not one, but two tastings in preparation in which everything from appetizers to signature drinks was delicious. We had the most beautiful mojitos on our wedding day and had amazing food like a shrimp and grits bar. Lauren was kind, timely with communication, and always delivered. She was also incredibly flexible and even helped with the day of coordination for us and came with us to our rehearsal the day prior. Her team was equally exceptional. My guests never waited for a drink. They had appetizers and drinks waiting for my entire bridal party as soon as we finished walking down the aisle. I had so many guests and family tell me different things the catering staff did so graciously and quickly to fix any little issue even if it had nothing to do with the catering. They also couldn't stop raving over the food. On your wedding you truly find that having good vendors will completely save you and your sanity. This vendor was beyond my wildest expectations. They made our wedding day so carefree and memorable for us and we can't say enough good things about them! They deserve well over 5 stars!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Trisha · Married on 04/22/2017

Ken's is not the cheapest game in town, but they are by far the best and worth every penny. Our son's rehearsal dinner (for approximately 100 guests) was at the Paca House, so we needed a caterer to provide food, beverages, rentals and decorations. We are not local to Annapolis, so I was nervous about the logistics. We asked quite a few locals-in-the-know about caterers and everyone said Ken's was their top choice. Katie, who coordinated our event, was a dream to work with. Our first interaction with her was a cold call I made to inquire about their services. She invited us to their office immediately and had a freshly-made sample platter of appetizers, including the most delicious crab cakes you will ever eat, waiting for us. Katie is professional, smart and genuinely kind. She responded to emails and phone calls promptly and answered my questions thoroughly. Katie's recommendations for linens, flowers, menu, etc. were spot on, and she made great suggestions to make our event even more special. (Note that Ken's does not provide alcohol but refers clients to Mills in downtown Annapolis to purchase wine, beer, spirits, etc. Mills made great recommendations based on our budget and then delivered directly to the Paca House on the day of the event. Ken's provides the bartenders and glassware.) I was a little nervous that Katie would not be present at our event, but then I met Helen. Helen took such good care of us! She made sure everything was perfect. She even checked in with the bridal party and made them plates of food from the buffet to ensure they had something to eat while they were busy visiting with guests. Then there was the food. OMG! Our guests RAVED about the food. Every single thing was delicious, beautifully displayed, and abundant. You cannot go wrong hiring Ken's to cater your event. They are the very best.

Sent on 04/30/2017

Jackie · Married on 04/08/2017

Food was delicious! Everyone at the reception was talking about the great food. They were easy to work with and gave great service--which I appreciated since I'm from out of town. I would definitely use them again!!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Melissa · Married on 12/17/2016

Working with Ken's creative kitchen was the absolute BEST decision we made in booking vendors for our wedding!! From the beginning stages of planning to the late hours of our wedding day, Ken and his entire staff were helpful, more than efficient, and a true joy to work with! My husband and I worked primarily with Ken which was fantastic! We had our reception at St. John's college and Ken knows that place inside and out (he even had a more detailed room measurement drawing than the one the venue provided) . He helped with table arrangements, wedding day timeline, picking out the menu, and even creative design of the venue. He is a true pro in the wedding biz, with so much experience and he gives the best advice. And I haven't even begun to describe the food!! I wish there was another star rating for deliciousness, myself and my entire guest list would give it 100 stars! 2 months later people still tell me how wonderful the food was! While searching for a caterer, we found Ken to be comparable price wise to other caterers in the area, but quality is above and beyond amazing!! Our wedding day would have never gone as smoothly as it did without Ken and his staff and we are so grateful to everyone at Ken's creative for all that they did to make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Dominique · Married on 10/15/2016

I had such a great experience working with Ken's Creative Kitchen for my Chesapeake Bay Foundation Annapolis wedding and have already recommended them to my engaged friends!

From start to finish the owner, Ken, and event planner, Helen Stewart, were extremely knowledgeable and happy to help with all of my requests--such as special meals for guests with allergies, renting heaters last minute, and coordinating with our other vendors to ensure things ran smoothly. It was such a relief to be able to rely on them and trust their professionalism during the stressful process of wedding planning and on the actual wedding day. We were so impressed with everyone at Ken's Creative Kitchen that we also had them cater our wedding brunch at my parents' home.

Ken mentioned he treats every event as if he's hosting his own friends and family and that was clearly evident in the case of our wedding which went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend working with Ken, his staff, and event planner, Helen Stewart for any event if you are looking for delicious food and amazing service!

Sent on 11/09/2016
  • Steffani

Steffani · Married on 10/01/2016

I wish I could give more then 5 stars to Ken's. They were amazing!! Lauren could of not made planning my wedding any easier. She made me feel like I was the only bride that she was working with. I would email her and she got back to me in no time at all. At my wedding I did not have to worry about a thing. The staff was a professional. The food that is all everyone was talking about. They were the best!!

Sent on 10/05/2016
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 09/24/2016

Ken and his entire staff made our special day incredible from start to finish. He walked us through everything we need to do and know as we planned some of the most important parts of our wedding. Throughout, Ken provided unbiased and unadulterated advice, including things we never would have considered, that made our day just perfect. The food was incredible, well presented, and my guests cannot stop raving about it. The staff were the most attentive, made sure we were taken care of from start to finish and went out of their way to make sure everything was better than we could have imagined. I cannot recommend Ken and his crew highly enough. If you do not book with them - you are making a BIG mistake.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2016

Ken's catered out wedding this past weekend and WOW! We were blown away! From the start of planning, they offered us so much more than your average caterer. They put their personal touch on just about everything and it made it that much more special! Lauren was our event manager and was nothing short of wonderful. For the day of, they offered to transport and set up our decor and did an impeccable job. Their staff was polite, professional, and all-around wonderful. Lauren helped keep our timing on track and brought Bride and Groom their favorite drinks all night! Our guests complimented us on the delicious food and service all evening. You won't find a better catering service in the area... Go with Ken's! You wI'll be glad you did!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Julie · Married on 09/10/2016

Ken's Creative Kitchen was absolutely fabulous to work with! We can't say enough about the professionalism of everyone we came in contact with from the servers to event coordinator. From the start, Ken's Creative Kitchen was accommodating, flexible and helpful. They assisted us in making contact with vendors for other needs such as an electrician. The food was TREMENDOUS and everyone complemented it. I can't say enough about Lauren and Helen who were absolutely wonderful to work with! Lauren was responsive, accommodating and always available. Helen was a calming force at the wedding. She made sure things went smoothly. The entire day was seamless because of her and her team, despite some unexpected hiccups. Not only did guests complement the food, but completely noticed how terrific the service was and how Helen was on top of things! This is a terrific caterer all the way around!
    Julie

Sent on 09/21/2016
  • Bridgette

Bridgette · Married on 08/27/2016

I don't have enough words to express how much I love Ken and his team. Ken was so helpful through all of the planning and all of changes I made through the planning process!

First, he got me access to a venue that doesn't typically do weddings! But because Ken was catering it, we were able to hold our reception at the most perfect spot!
    Second, he was extremely conscious of my budget and met with me several times to come up with the perfect menu!
    Third, his staff day of was incredible! Helen was our coordinator for the day, she was amazing, she always made sure I had a drink in my hand and was having the best time ever!

We received so compliments on the food! We knew we made the right choice with them! If I ever hold another party, they will be getting a call from me!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Christin · Married on 07/16/2016

As a planner working with Ken and Helen was an absolute treat! Ken is so talented & incredibly knowledgeable beyond just his delicious food- the best steak I have ever had / may ever have in my life! Cooked to perfection. Helen and her team the day of the wedding ran things so smoothly and even in a (very unplanned) flooding muddy downpour. Executed flawlessly and staff was superb! She was one of the sweetest individuals I've had the pleasure of working with & I cannot say enough good things! Strongly recommend booking them while you can! Best catering team, service, and quality in the area without a doubt!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Ellen · Married on 07/09/2016

Ken Upton and his staff is THE BEST. Their excitement and enthusiasm leaves you believing your party will be the most outstanding they have ever done. No one could be more responsive to your vision, making it even better then you imagine. And the product they produce supports that belief. At my recent party, I wanted a creative summer menu; I did not want to serve filet, salmon, crab cakes or chicken. We came up with an Asian menu that guests still rave about. With Ken's help, the decor enhanced the setting. The entire staff was friendly, accommodating, and very efficient. Hiring Ken's
    Creative Kitchen is a virtual guarantee that your party, wedding, or gathering will flawlessly meet your expectations

Sent on 07/13/2016

I cannot express how wonderful Ken and his team our day! From the first meeting they took care of EVERYTHING! The food was unbelievable and no one understood how they cooked fish and asparagus so perfectly for 100 people at the same time. His day of coordinator, Kathi, and bartender Rorhi offered friendly impeccable service and the rest of the staff was just perfect. They made what could have been a stressful day fun and relaxing and again the guests were stunned at the food. The only ones not surprised at the presentation and quality were the ones that had been to weddings catered by Ken before. THANK YOU! We cannot thank them enough.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Dear Ken,
    It's hard to find enough superlatives to describe how wonderful our wedding was. Everything about it was magical from the food, to the beautiful table settings,to the beautiful tent to the great service of your staff, and the band too. All of your input was a huge factor in making the day so very special. You have also created the best of organizations - efficient, courteous, hard working, talented people who are fun to be around. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to!
    I am so very appreciative of all your expert help, advice and patience. I also appreciate you stopping by which I didn't even know till later.
    Kathy Munger

Thank You!!,

Sent on 07/05/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/17/2016

Ken's Kitchen catered my wedding on June 17 in North East, Maryland. To say that they are good caterers would be an absolute understatement. Everything from our original contact with them to our tastings and to the actual day of our wedding was perfect. I worked specifically with Lauren, and she is incredibly organized, easy to work with, quick with responses, and very knowledgeable about the business and about different options to customize their service for your particular wedding and your tastes. As someone else wrote, Lauren not only helped plan the food for the wedding, but she was able to offer advice on other vendors, on different linens and colors that would work with our color scheme, and so much more. She also came up to our venue at my venue's request to tour the place and to be sure she knew exactly where everything would be set up so that it would go smoothly on our wedding day. And it did! Everything was perfect, and the food was delicious. The staff set up all of our decorations and centerpieces as we requested via pictures and did an absolutely amazing job with service. Guests raved to us about the work that they did and how amazing the food was, especially the crab cakes. I would highly, highly recommend kens creative kitchen for any catered event, especially a wedding!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Donna · Married on 06/04/2016

Just go meet with Ken and his staff you will fall in love with them all and their great menu selections. Ken was so easy to work with, he is very accommodating for all budgets, and the food experience was incredible. To start our guest loved the appetizers, the salad was amazing (It had real edible flowers in it) and the meal was perfectly cooked and served hot and definitely delicious, the servers were so kind to all of our guest and the bartenders, were friendly and could make a mean drink. Kathy was an angel, she was there to run the entire show and she is amazing, she was the perfect addition to an A-Team. Kathy worked with me to make sure that the entire day ran smoothly from the start of dinner to re-stocking of the bar and she even came thru when the flowers for the cake didn't look just right, she took care of the entire situation and make my daughter and new son in-law's wedding unforgettable. Ken you and your team are SUPER STAR's, thank you again for an amazing and memorable wedding .

Sent on 06/07/2016

Gayle · Married on 06/04/2016

I am no stranger to planning a wedding, however planning a remote wedding is another story! We got married on June 4 in Glen Burnie, Md. We live in Denver. From the moment I reached out to Lauren, she honestly became more of an event coordinator and made the entire process effortless. She provided a list of vendors for the wedding cake, flowers and wine. We took all of her suggestions and were thrilled with each one. And if that weren't enough....on the day of the wedding, the oven in the house we rented failed. Her staff never mentioned it to us, so as not to put added stress on us. Instead, they reached out to a neighbor to request to use their oven. We never knew until the end of the evening. We have no idea how they did it because the food was amazing! Every single guest commented that it was the nicest reception they had ever attended. My only regret was not having met Lauren in person. Throughout the whole process, she truly became a friend. We will be forever grateful to Ken's for providing such impeccable service and professionalism. Because of Lauren and her staff, we have a memory that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Gayle and Tom

Sent on 06/25/2016

Monica · Married on 04/30/2016

KEN'S is the only caterer you should consider !!!!! I would give them 10 stars if that were an option. My daughter's wedding was soooo successful because of Ken's FOOD, STAFF, PROFESSIONALISM. It's been 5 weeks since the wedding and people are still raving about the food. NOT ONLY the food, they took the worry out of everything. Every one of our vendors, photographer, band, venue, hair and makeup, florist said, "Oh, you have no worries, KEN'S is the best"! And they are. THANK YOU!!!! MOB Monica M

Sent on 06/05/2016

Elisabeth · Married on 10/10/2015

I can't even describe how AMAZING our experience was with KCK! They catered our wedding and it was by far the best choice we made in all of our planning. We lived in 3 different states during our planning process so life was a little crazy. I worked with Lauren leading up to the event and Helen was our day-of coordinator. They both did an amazing job and were so easy to communicate with. I had considered hiring a wedding planner but both Ken and my florist insisted I didn't need one and they were right! They went above and beyond catering and assisted with set-up and tear down and their staff even carried all of the decorations to our parents' cars after the event. Our guests were also incredibly impressed with the food and service! The guests were greeted with warm apple cider rum as soon as they walked in. Some of our guests even showed up early and the staff was ready to go! I cannot say enough about Ken's! Choose them for your event and you truly can let go of all of the stress that comes with planning. Thank you Lauren and Helen for making our day so perfect!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Samantha · Married on 09/12/2015

Ken's is the absolute best! Ms. Helen and all the staff were and A+ team. I was having to plan a wedding from deployment and they were able to work with my crazy schedule and still make me feel like a priority. The food speaks for itself! My family has received complements on how great the wedding was everyday for the past month, I greatly attribute this to all the great staff at Ken's. If you want the best Ken's is it!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Ken's was always my first choice for a wedding caterer ever since I got engaged because they had stellar reviews. Now that my wedding is over, I am happy to say that all the positive feedback is absolutely true! They made my wedding spectacular. From my first contact with them, I felt comfortable in their abilities. They are quick to respond to emails and phone calls. They are professional and flexible. We had a few guests with special dietary needs and they handled that with ease. Not only do they make the most amazing food, but they helped me rent my linens, silverware, etc. and provided a day-of-coordinator who kept everything running smoothly on my wedding day. They set up all of the decor for my reception exactly how I wanted it, paying close attention to detail. You can tell they have been in the business for a long time! And don't even get me started on the food- all of my guests raved about the crab cakes and said they were the best they've ever had! And everyone kept talking about how friendly that bartender was! Thank you Ken's for making my wedding day perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Trudy · Married on 07/18/2015

Amazing! Wonderful! Outstanding! Fantastic! There are not enough superlatives to express how pleased we were with Ken's Creative Kitchen. They did an outstanding job and attended to every detail! We couldn't be happier! Helen, our event coordinator, was incredible!!!! She didn't miss a trick and was on the spot to take care of our every need. She went over and beyond anything I expected.
    Getting greeted with a refreshing mojito at our driveway entrance on a hot summer day was so welcoming. And the food! Wow! Everything was presented artistically and tasted scrumptious. People just couldn't rave enough about the food, especially the crab cake and shrimp and grits appetizers. I particularly appreciated the way Ken worked with us within our budget and was not at all pushy. He also is very personable and gets to know his clients well. The wedding coordinator he matched us with was the perfect fit for our family. She was so warm and we had so much in common with her. She made me feel totally at ease which can be difficult since I'm a control freak. I felt like I didn't need to worry about a thing with her in charge. I can't thank Ken and his staff enough for making our daughter's wedding day truly magical.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Laura · Married on 07/18/2015

Our wedding was a FAIRYTALE because of Ken's Catering!! I wish one word could sum up the absolutely UNBELIEVABLE experience we had with them. My husband and I work in the service industry for luxury sailing charters and understand how much hard work goes into making an event (especially as big as a wedding) an unforgettable experience. They far exceeded our expectations!
    From the moment we met Ken we knew that from his extensive experience and personable, friendly nature we would be able to draw up the wedding of our dreams. He was always available to meet and discuss ideas. The wedding was in my parents backyard off the Chesapeake, so before we officially decided to use Ken we wanted to be sure that the yard would work. I remember being shocked when I called to set up a day that he could come by and he said he could come by in a couple of hours if we liked. When he arrived his face lit up and the ideas started flowing as he painted out our vision. He had no doubt in his mind that our backyard would be a perfect reception site and he was right!
    We met Helen (our wedding supervisor) just a few days before the wedding and we knew instantly that she was perfect! She was calm, receptive, organized, professional, and just reflected so much positive energy. Throughout the reception she quickly became my best friend. Not only was she extremely attentive to our needs as the bride and groom, but she was apparently just as attentive to our parents needs as well as all of our 130 guests! I don't know how she did it! She was there when we showed up to greet us with a mojito and gin and tonic as we had asked. The decorations were all in place and looked amazing! She was always there anticipating our every need. I am SPEECHLESS and AMAZED with her and the entire team! She genuinely cared so much about our day and that meant the world to us.
    We have had so many compliments about the catering. From the delicious food to the overall experience. We can't thank them enough!

Sent on 07/21/2015