Kelly Phillips Photography Reviews

Kelly Phillips Photography 3
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent Wedding Photographer

I was referred to Kelly Phillips by a close friend who had him photograph her wedding in 2015. We just had ours in October 2018. I am so glad that we found him to photograph our wedding. We met him when he did our engagement session, and he was super accommodating and came all the way to DC for us, from Delaware. He photographed our October Bethany Beach wedding and we were thrilled with the pictures. He is professional and affordable. Our pictures turned out beautifully. From the getting ready shots, to the ceremony shots, beach pictures (he captured the pink and purple October sky!!!), and the DANCE FLOOR we were so pleased. He captured everything, and got our pictures back to us quickly. Do not hesitate to book him!

Sent on 12/16/2018
    Kelly Phillips Photography 4
    Kelly Phillips Photography 5
  • Patricia

Patricia Ward · Married on 07/21/2018

Vow renewal

Kelly Phillips was kind enough to do my husbands and I 15 year vow renewal. He worked with us at a reasonable price. Now I have cherished photos of a very special day with beautiful people. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Michelle · Married on 11/11/2017

Awesome photographer. Not only did he take some amazing photos but he also helped keep me calm before the ceremony. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 11/25/2017
    Kelly Phillips Photography 6

Amy · Married on 11/06/2016

Kelly was amazing with both our engagement session and our wedding day! We definitely feel that he was one of the best parts of our wedding and couldn't be happier with the service and quality of photos we received from him. He is so laid back, funny, and personable and is very fun to work with. He was also very helpful whenever we had questions, whether related to photography or not. We will definitely be hiring him again and highly recommend him to anyone looking for great photos and an amazing experience!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Rebecca · Married on 06/11/2016

Amazing amazing photographer!! I couldn't be happier with my wedding photos!! I have gotten soooooo many compliments about my pictures! Everyone looked fantastic!! Kelly is the best!! I wish I lived in Baltimore so he could photograph all of my events!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Rebecca · Married on 05/20/2016

Phenomenal photographer! I am so pleased with the photos we have seen so far and cannot wait to see the rest! The day of he was more than accommodating and always checking in and making sure all was okay, I loved that he kept the pace going! If you are looking for a photographer, you've found your guy!!!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Rachel · Married on 04/30/2016

Kelly was an excellent photographer to work with! He was very responsive and very easy to work with. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Anna · Married on 04/30/2016

Kelly was very knowledgeable and helpful from the beginning. We did an engagement session with him, which was really great to get to know him a bit and made us feel so much more comfortable for the actual day of our wedding. He was professional and had a great ability to command a room as well as blend into the background. I adore the photos he took. He listened to everything we wanted and gave advice when it was needed. I would absolutely book Kelly again.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Michele · Married on 09/25/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Kelly Phillips being our wedding photographer this past September. We contacted Kelly after loving how the pictures for my (now) husband’s cousin turned out…and Kelly was her wedding photographer. He was very prompt and professional to talk to immediately and we were so pleased with the pricing of the packages Kelly offers given his amazing talent. During the engagement session and the actual wedding day, Kelly not only took our pictures, but he added to our special day with his kindness, personality, and just being so likable. For someone to come into a special day and be up close and personal with you and your family and close friends, Kelly has a knack for making everyone feel comfortable and for finding great moments and capturing them all day long. We are so pleased with our pictures and will recommend Kelly to anyone.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Megan · Married on 08/01/2015

Kelly was our photographer for our wedding this August and I cannot recommend him enough to everyone we know! Our wedding was on a fairly tight budget and one of my biggest concerns when we first started planning was how we would be able to find a photographer that fit within our budget. When I found Kelly on the Knot and saw his prices and the quality of his photos, I knew he was our guy. He is very quick to respond to any concerns and was always professional. We had never had pictures done before and when we met for our engagement session (included in the price) he put as right at ease and walked us through everything. We were absolutely thrilled with the quality of our engagement and wedding photos. We had several friends get married in the months before our wedding and they all paid double and even triple what we spent on our photos - and ours were just as amazing. Do not hesitate for one second .. book Kelly for your wedding! We are so thankful we found him!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Awesome photographer!! Kelly was personable, nice and accommodating on our big day (and leading up to it). We also rented the photo booth from him which was up-to-date and the pictures turned out great! Our guests loved it!!

Sent on 07/24/2015
  • Spicydeene

Claudine · Married on 10/20/2012

I was referred to Kelly Phillips in response to my Facebook plea for a good portrait photographer.
    I checked out his online portfolio and I was very impressed with what I saw. Then when I saw his rates, my mouth dropped - in a good way! I couldn't believe I could get this amount of quality photos for this very reasonable price! Kelly was very responsive with e-mails and answered all of my questions very quickly. We quickly booked him and soon set up a time for engagement photos.
    When we met him, I knew I got the perfect photographer! Kelly struck the perfect balance of professionalism, knowledge of lighting, what looks great (and doesn't) with photography and the importance of having a good time.
    We scheduled a late morning wedding with an afternoon brunch and Kelly was there with us - very early! He was fun to work with right off the bat! He also had a keen sense of what needed to happen next. We did our first look earlier then planned since I was ready and hubby was a little nervous - once that was out of the way - Kelly suggested we hijacked golf carts and took photos on the run. It was the BEST part of the day and it was before the ceremony started! I'll never forget it!
    I highly recommend Kelly Phillips for all your photography needs!!!

*EDIT* I can't believe I forgot to mention how FAST he was!! We were checking out of our hotel the next morning when Kelly posted our pics right to our FB. We were barely married for 24 hours!!! NO ONE and I mean NO ONE posts pro photos that fast!

Sent on 10/25/2012

Christina · Married on 10/09/2012

AMAZING PICTURES!! Kelly was fantastic to work with and the pictures were unbelivable. His response time and service was great. Kelly is highly recommended and hope to work with him again!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Christina · Married on 10/09/2012

fantastic service and awesome pictures!! i would HIGHLY recommend

Sent on 10/30/2012

Kira · Married on 10/05/2012

Kelly and Tom were awesome. They did a fantastic job. And the price was affordable. Will definitely reccomend!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Mary · Married on 09/29/2012

i feel like it's an understatement when i say that kelly phillips is the BEST photographer we've ever had the pleasure of working with. His work is absolutely amazing, and i couldn't be any happier with our wedding pictures. i've had SO many compliments on every single picture kelly took on our wedding day. he is so laid back, creative, & fun to work with. you will not regret having him as your photographer. my husband & i could not be happier with kelly & his work, and we look forward to having more sessions with him in the future :)

Sent on 10/10/2012

Emily · Married on 09/22/2012

Kelly was AMAZING! He went above and beyond to ensure he captured all the right moments. Our families and friends are so impressed with how the photos turned out and how fun he was to work with. We are recommending him to everybody!!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Ashley · Married on 07/21/2012

Kelly was so professional and flexible. I had no idea what I was doing when going in to plan my wedding but he was so patient with me, my fiance and my ever present mom! I trusted him completely and everyone at the wedding kept raving how great and professional he was. He got the best shots, posed and unposed, and was willing to do whatever you wanted. I would recommend 100% and already have!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Christine · Married on 06/23/2012

Kelly did an amazing job. He was exceptionally fun and easy to work with. He had some suggestions for some really unique shots. The lighting was always right (he always found the right spot for us to sit/stand) and all of the pictures turned out amazing. The price was perfect. I saw similar photographers (similar picture quality) with prices more than double what Kelly asked for. I strongly recommend Kelly as a photographer for anyone!! We will surely be asking him to do newborn sessions and family pictures once we have children. He is receptive to shots that you are interested in and has a highly artistic photo style. We friended him on facebook and he tagged all of our pictures within a few days of the wedding and the engagement session!! We received many compliments from the pictures taken and at the wedding from the guests on Kelly's personality. We could not have asked for more!! You need to choose Kelly as your photographer!!

Sent on 07/08/2012

Shenna · Married on 05/19/2012

Book him ASAP ladies!!
    I booked Kelly after originally booking one of those corporate photographers which I later cancelled. Thank God I did! I found Kelly while doing some research on the Internet. His rates were awesome, his packages were just what we wanted, and he was super responsive. At first we were a little skeptical, since costs were low and he just seemed too good to be true. But after meeting him and having an engagement photo session, we knew we had made the right choice.
    On the day of our wedding, Kelly showed up right on time and he and even helped me carry my dress to our hotel room. He was dressed perfectly and fit right in at our wedding. We knew we didn't want to many "posed" shots and Kelly did a great job of of being there at all the right moments! He definitely has an eye for what is going to look good whether it is detail shots or group photos and there are so many great pics I can't choose just one! Many of my guests loved Kelly and thought he was a family friend who was also a photographer because he was so laid back and personable.
    For those of you, thinking abut booking a photographer, you can end the search now and book Kelly Phillips. You will not be disappointed in your decision! If there were more stars to give I would give them!

Sent on 05/27/2012

Erica · Married on 05/06/2012

Kelly was punctional and professional. He was entertaining and made everyone feel comfortable.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Carrie · Married on 05/05/2012

Brides, book Kelly NOW before he gets too busy!

Even though I feel like a good photographer is the most important part of a wedding I didn't have the money to spend thousands for one. My budget kept leading me to these contracting agencies that just pick a random photographer from their pool and you might not even get to meet them before the wedding.

I stumbled across Kelly's site from some internet searching. After spending some time on his website I had a sense that he had a passion for capturing wedding memories and that he was genuinely interested in being part of the couples' special day. He also had the style that I was looking for which is photojournalistic and "not too posey". I didn't want to spend my whole wedding frozen in front of a camera.

At a much lower cost than most of the photographers in my "taste range" I was a little skeptical...

Well the big day came it was overcast, windy, misting, and cold. But you would never know by looking at the pictures. Not only did Kelly take beautiful pictures he fit right in with the beach wedding in his cream linen pants and matching vest and the wedding party had a blast with him and his lovely assistant, Mackenzie.

Here is what some people were saying:

"Kelly is such a hoot"

"The photographer did a great job with light and balancing the candid shots with the posed ones......I would be so delighted if I were you! : )"

"That Kelly sure did take a lot of pictures"

When I was planning my wedding I kept saying that the only thing I need is at least 3 good photos of my wedding to hang on my wall. With Kelly I got over 1,000!

P.S. Kelly is also super fast. You know you're gonna want to see your photos ASAP after the wedding, Bridezilla! Kelly had some sneak peaks ready the next day and then the rest were done shortly after.

Sent on 05/17/2012