Kelly Lynn Weddings & Events Reviews

63 | Frederick, MD

63 Reviews for Kelly Lynn Weddings & Events

Claire · Married on 05/06/2017

My now husband was *very* skeptical that we needed a coordinator, but that all changed on the day of. We had a few hiccups along the way that Kelly handled without hesitation or delay - I never even knew! After seeing her in action, my husband now feels that she was the single best investment that we made with the wedding. I don't think that we can give higher praise than the fact that Kelly was able to turn a skeptic into her biggest believer.

We hired Kelly because she was *incredibly* responsive throughout the process, sometimes even responding within an hour! This continued even after the event, when she helped us track down a few stray items. Aside from this, Kelly knew exactly what she was doing, providing suggestions, creating timelines, and helping us navigate some complicated family dynamics. It was a relief when I was able to turn over that part of the planning process to her and focus on all the other crazy things happening in our lives. And Kelly did an absolutely amazing job - the last couple of weeks before the wedding, I didn't even think about coordinating or contacting our vendors, and it all came together under her supervision. The day of, I didn't worry about a single thing except getting ready and not tripping on my way down the aisle! Kelly handled everything I could think of and lots of things I never thought of. We didn't have to do anything, and it all went as smoothly as I could have hoped.

If you're even thinking about getting a planner/coordinator (and even if you're not thinking about it), I highly recommend you consider Kelly. She provides a service that you may not realize you need until she has already performed it - and you can't put enough emphasis on this when it comes to your wedding!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Susan · Married on 04/22/2017

Kelly is very detailed oriented. It helps get one organized. She was flexible when we felt we needed "flexibility" on time
    tables. We had a hard event because we had a large number, rain pouring and had to make changes. She worked well
    with the site personnel and pitched in to help where needed. She stayed to the end and helped load up and clean up.
    She listened when we had concerns and offered opinions when needed. I was mother of the bride.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Amy · Married on 04/01/2017

Kelly truly went way above & beyond what I thought a day-of coordinator would do for us. If you’re not sure you need a coordinator, please consider this: you want to enjoy every minute of your special day & not stress. Let Kelly stress for you! She worked so hard to make the day everything we envisioned & her work ethic is outstanding. She showed commitment to our details, was persistent with venders when we needed them to give a little, & provided expert guidance in all decision making. Almost 4 months later people are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding. It was a dream come true thanks to Kelly!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Connie · Married on 11/05/2016

When I had a need, Kelly had the answer...venue, caterer, florist, photographer- everything she did was first class and the people she recommended to help us were all easy to work with and very professional. My wedding was perfect. Thanks, Kelly, you remembered every detail and made it happen. Connie Cleveland

Sent on 12/04/2016

Carly · Married on 10/23/2016

When people say that the best thing they did for their wedding was hiring a planner/coordinator, listen to them. I didn't, and I was in over my head trying to plan a small wedding (40 people) all by myself. We hired Kelly a little over a month before our wedding date, and she truly saved the day. She took the stress of worrying about all of the details off of me, organized all of the information into documents, and even managed communications with some of my over-zealous family members. On the day of, she managed EVERYTHING, while still letting me know when large decisions were being made so that we were on the same page. I was so overwhelmed the day of the wedding, it would have been a disaster without her. Instead it was a perfect day, and everything went smoothly even though it was a non-traditional venue. Kelly knows what she's doing. If you are a bride getting married in the area, you need Kelly. She is worth every penny and more.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2016

Kelly and Athena were awesome!!! I had a wedding coordinator who went unresponsive a month before my wedding. Panic set in and I called many different day of coordinators - of course all were booked b/c it was wedding season. Kelly actually answered my call and miraculously agreed to switch her schedule around so Athena could do my wedding. She followed up and did what she said she would do. Both Kelly and Athena were extremely responsive, detailed, and gave valuable advice throughout the whole process. I don't know how my wedding would have happened without them!!! Budget money for a coordinator - best money spent on the wedding.

Sent on 10/19/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2016

From the moment we met Kelly she helped my family and me get organized and start our to do list. Her knowledge and experience in the wedding industry helped us navigate the many decisions we were presented with. We knew with a short engagement we would have to nail down a lot of the big items before all of the vendors were takens. We were especially worried about booking a caterer. However, Kelly had us talking with the manager of the company we went with before we left our first meeting. She was always a text or a phone call away to answer any question such as, "How long should we give our guests to RSVP?" And also to just make sure I was doing well and ready for this big step in my life. On the day of our wedding Kelly showed up and made sure everything ran smoothly. If there where any hiccups throughout the night I was not aware of them as Kelly and her assitant helped ensure everything ran smoothly and my new husband and I could celebrate. I highly recommended Kelly and Tres Chic Weddings to all brides who would like a stressfree wedding day!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Heather · Married on 10/08/2016

Kelly was beyond helpful and a pleasure to work with. I couldn't have made it all happen without her - especially since I was planning my reception from out of state!! Look no further : )

Sent on 10/21/2016

Hannah · Married on 10/02/2016

Kelly was amazing. I didn't realize how quickly little tiny changes, adjustments and crises can add up on the day of, and Kelly took care of them all beautifully. Unexpected guests, missing place cards, layout changes, it all went unnoticed thanks to her efforts. We couldn't have asked for more! In addition, Kelly gave some great suggestions and advice that I never would've thought of, that made the day extra fun and special. 5 stars across the board!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Trudy · Married on 09/24/2016

Words cannot begin to express how thankful I am that I picked you as my wedding planner. You have been with me orchestrated everything with great elegance and eloquence. Patrick, our parents and I enjoyed ourselves.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Matthew · Married on 09/17/2016

Kelly was without a doubt the most important vendor that we had on our wedding day. You may think that having a wedding planner/coordinator is a luxury, but when it was all said and done, Kelly was absolutely nessecary for us having the perfect day.

Kelly met with us multiple times before the wedding to go over every little detail and helped us think of things that no website or checklist had. She was responsive at all times of the day to texts, emails, and phone calls whenever we had any questions or concerns.

Closer to the big day, Kelly coordinated with all our vendors to make sure that everyone was on the same page and kept them all informed of our schedule of events. When we hit the inevitable snag or two on our big day, Kelly was there to clean up all of our messes before anybody (specifically my wife!) even noticed that anything was wrong.

Kelly has my highest recommendation, we honestly could not have done it without her!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Hannah · Married on 09/17/2016

We hired Kelly as a day of coordinator for our wedding and could not have been happier with our decision. Her day of services are so much more than that, as she met with us twice before and was always available through email or a phone call. My husband and I certainly made things a little more tricky for her when he took over the majority of planning when I started a new job, but she was extremely flexible and made everything come together perfectly. She kept us on track with tiny details that we would have never thought of on our own, and kept everyone sane the day of. Several of our guests and vendors even commented on how smoothly the day ran and how helpful it was to have her there. She was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her for anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Charlotte · Married on 09/03/2016

I HIGHLY recommend Kelly for any and all of your wedding coordination needs. I only had her for the day of but she had been so helpful throughout the entire planning period and answered all of my questions throughout the process. She also kept everything extremely organized and everything went without a hitch. Worth every cent.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Kelly and Athena were such a joy to work with! They were extremely flexible, accommodating and knowledgeable throughout the planning process and definitely went above and beyond the basic day of coordinator package that I purchased. My wedding party had a lot of big personalities. During my rehearsal, Athena handled them with grace, calm and extreme patience. I had a few small problems during the wedding and she handled them all very professionally leaving me with no stress and no panic. Again, they were a joy and made my wedding day run so smoothly and perfect. Thank you Kelly and Athena!!!!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Christie · Married on 06/05/2016

Kelly was the best investment we had for our daughter's wedding! She made every detail of our daughter's wedding day flow seamlessly. She was a pleasure to work with and made sure everyone's needs were being met from start to finish. I'm so glad she was a part of the McConnon/Powis wedding day!!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Tara · Married on 11/08/2015

My husband and I are very satisfied with all the work Kelly our planner put into our big day. From the day we booked kelly leading up into the minute before she was very responsive. Easy to get a hold of, constructive opinions with questions a new bride may not know to ask or do. Kelly is very detailed and thought of everything I felt like I didn't know where to turn to. When I needed a solution to a problem kelly found the answer. I am a full time working mom and kelly was vey reasonable with meeting times, payments, and deadlines. Because I am so busy with life, like almost everyone ,kelly understood the importance of laying everything out in a detailed manner. Kelly ran her butt off for my day of and made sure every minute was accounted for WITH structure. She made me feel like I could enjoy each of these moments with no worry. Trust me you won't want to miss anything because the day goes by so quick it will be gone in a poof If you sweat even one small thing. Thanks to kelly I can proudly say I was felt cool , calm, and relaxed. Hands down best planner I could have asked for. I feel like I can't thank her enough. So go for Kelly!!! You wont regret it.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

Kelly is AMAZING! I was planning my MD wedding from NC where we currently live. I had done a lot of the planning and choosing vendors on my own, but really needed some day-of/leading up to the day help. I went with Kelly's Crème De La Crème package and I am SO happy that I did! She was seriously such a life-saver. She was quick to answer all of my questions via email, was always happy to set up phone meetings, contacted some of my vendors for me when I had so many questions but didn't even know where to start to ask, and was such a huge help getting our day-of timeline nailed down. She is extremely organized and thinks of EVERYTHING! No detail was left out, and she listened to all of my requests and questions. She has such a fun yet serious personality so when I would get stressed out she would talk me out of my funk and assure that everything would be ok, and at the same time would get down to business and contact my vendors and make sure everything was going to go smoothly. I don't know what I would have done without her on the day of/rehearsal day. My goal was to be able to relax and actually enjoy my day since I worked so hard on everything leading up to it - and I was able to because Kelly handled everything! I 100% recommend hiring Kelly for your wedding planning or day-of coordination. She truly is the best! Thanks Kelly! :)

Sent on 11/09/2015

Kelly was amazing! She helped us from the start with making sure we were getting all of our vendors booked. She continued to help throughout the process answering questions, reminding us of tasks we didn't even think of and keeping us calm. The day of she was a miracle. She went above and beyond what we asked her to do and everything not only ran smoothly but flawlessly. She also helped take a lot down without being asked which made it a lot easier for us to leave without worrying our families had a lot to do. I would highly recommend her services to anyone planning a wedding. She will make the process easier, exciting and fun.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/09/2015

Kelly was fantastic! I was so happy that she worked with us. She did day-of coordination for our wedding, which included meeting with us before the wedding and answering (lots!) of my emails with questions. I put the wedding together in only six months, and without some of Kelly's questions, I would never have thought of things like buying toasting flutes. Where her value was especially evident, however, was the day of. I was free to relax and enjoy my day with my mother and bridesmaids, while Kelly took care of all the work. We were, unfortunately, rained out of our outdoor wedding, but thanks to Kelly, the ceremony was moved inside without a hitch.

Kelly was a pleasure to work with. She made my wedding day 10 times better than it would otherwise have been. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/17/2015

I cannot say enough great things about Kelly! She worked with us in advance of the wedding to ensure that everything was well thought out and then executed perfectly on the day of, despite the challenge of a hurricane hitting that same weekend. Kelly took the time to ensure that she understood our vision for the wedding and answered our every question, big or small. She was helpful in suggesting other vendors and helped to strategize as we thought though the various aspects of the day.

My family loved her and made comments on how professional and talented she is. We simply could not have made it through the day without her help and guidance. I highly highly recommend hiring a day-of coordinator, and strongly suggest that you choose Kelly!

Sent on 03/26/2016

This was by far the best money I spent for the whole wedding. Kelly was very professional in preparing my daughter and I for the event and everything we needed to think about. Then on the day- it was perfect, as the mother of the bride I was able to enjoy myself that day and not worry about any of the details as Kelly took care of all the vendors, the bridal party and anything and everyting that came up. I just can not say enough. If you are planning a wedding Kelly is the best. Thanks so much Kelly for helping me make my daughters wedding an event to remember!!!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Kelsea · Married on 09/05/2015

Kelly was amazing. Literally every step of the way she was on top of everything. She helped me out so much throughout the planning process and was always so quick to answer any question I had. On the day of the wedding she helped me decorate, coordinated with all of the vendors, made sure everything was the way I wanted it and going smoothly, kept track of all of the important things that we didn't have time to think about, kept us on track with timing of everything, helped us clean at the end of the night....and soo much more. I could not even believe how perfect everything was. Even guests were coming up to us saying how great she was and how on top of everything she was. I could not have done it without Kelly.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Shawna · Married on 08/22/2015

I could write a book about all the amazing things Kelly did for our wedding day. Her organization is impeccable. My family commented on how efficiently she coordinated our rehearsal (which is not easy if you know anything about my family). She always had great recommendations and was quick to respond to the millions of questions I sent her way. She went above and beyond in every way. I had so many details in my head, I didn't even have enough time to describe them all to her but she took my U-haul (yes I had enough decorations we had to use a uhaul) full of decor and just knew what to do with it. I feel she saw my vision with little to no description and made it better than I could have pictured. I don't know what I would have done with out her. I felt so relaxed showing up to the venue on my wedding day because I knew I could just turn off the details running through my mind and let her run the day. She kept us on track with the timeline but also made sure we were having a good time and relaxing with our guests. Like I said I could write a book…but being able to relax and know someone was taking care of all the details was worth every penny plus and we are so grateful Kelly was willing to be a part of our wedding day!

I feel it is also important to add that my 'husband' (sorry that still makes me smile) was very skeptical about spending the money and weeks before the wedding he was already telling me how he felt she was our biggest advocate throughout the planning process and was the best money we spent on the whole wedding!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Michael · Married on 10/11/2014

When my then fiance approached me about enlisting the services of a Wedding Planner, I was hesitant. I thought it was money that could be spent elsewhere and that we could manage on our own. I could not have been more wrong. Asking for Kelly's assistance was the second best decision I made for October 11th, the first - of course - was marrying my wife. There aren't enough reviews or kind words I could write about Kelly. They would all say something like: she was a God-send, or the day could not have gone off without her, or the amount of time and genuine attention she paid us was worth 100x more than what we paid. The phrase I'll settle on for now, though, is: she was our Ace in the Hole. Kelly gave us the advantage that, unfortunately, no one could see. They could not see the tireless effort and meticulous attention to detail that Kelly employed to prepare us for what would be a flawless day. Our guests could not see how quickly and efficiently she executed on the tasks we asked of her. Our guests could not see what Kelly did behind the scenes to organize the beautiful chaos of our wedding into a spectacular event...and she did all of this with a smile, warm reassurance, and an unspoken commitment to our happiness. What our guests DID SEE was the culmination of Kelly's expertise, the product of Kelly's selfless dedication...and one very new, and immensely grateful married couple. Any kind words or recommendations I could give about Kelly would fall short of what she deserves. Simply put: Kelly is incredible at what she does and the manner in which she does it; you want her on your team.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Donna · Married on 07/25/2014

I cannot say enough how perfect our daughter's wedding day was, and a lot of the credit goes to Tres Chic Weddings for their amazing job in helping us to plan, coordinate and execute such a wonderful event! Every detail was taken into consideration, and I mean EVERY detail. Everything ran so incredibly smooth, from the ceremony at a community park to the reception at our home. Logistically, not an easy event to run, but Tres Chic handled it with ease, efficiency and true professionalism. We definitely know who we are turning to when our other two daughters get married......Tres Chic Weddings by Kelly!

Sent on 10/21/2014