17 Reviews for Kelly Giarrocco Photography

Engagement Shoot (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Albums (1)

Full disclosure: in addition to being my wedding photographer, Kelly Giarrocco is also my friend. But that doesn't mean she HAS to be an insanely talented, kind, hard-working, flexible, understanding, exquisitely detailed photographer. Great news, though - she is! Do yourself a favor and hire this incredible lady.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Wedding Portraits

Kelly was amazing from beginning to end! We spoke on the phone before I decided to go with her and she very patiently answered all the questions I had for her. Kelly was very responsive to all my emails. We spoke before the wedding to run through all the details and she provided recommendations on the schedule and ways to get all the photos we wanted. The day of the wedding she was so easy to work with! She has a really easy going demeanor which made everyone feel comfortable and at ease. I had a number of guests tell me later how much they enjoyed Kelly and how she seemed to be everywhere to capture all the important moments. The pictures are stunning!!! I can relive the entire day through her photos and see all the emotion we felt that day. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for wedding photographer. I really can't say enough good things about her.

Profile Picture jessica, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kelly was so wonderful! My wedding photographer was the first thing I researched and one of the most important things I was looking for when planning my wedding. I saw Kelly's work on her website and instagram and fell in love with what she does. I contacted her and had a phone conversation and then later met with her and my husband to discuss our plan for the day and get to know each other. She was so easy to work with and made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day. Even my bridal party constantly commented how great her and her partner were. They worked quickly and efficiently and got great shots. They were especially good with our little flower girl and ring bearer and we were so grateful for their help!! We love our photos and are so grateful for her talent and that we were able to work with her! Would recommend her to anyone if you want your day captured beautifully!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kelly was so lovely to work with. I am not the type of person to enjoy being photographed, but Kelly was so low-key and encouraging, with great ideas. She really made it fun for both me and my husband. Kelly worked her butt off all night, making sure to capture the moments on the dance floor and all over the room. Everyone she photographed had nothing but great things to say about how helpful and kind she was. Check out her instagram - her work is spectacular @kellygiarrocco . I highly recommend Kelly for your wedding or special event photography.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 4/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kelly was awesome from start to finish! Our photographer who did our engagment pictures was unable to do our wedding and Kelly made me feel so comfortable from the very first time I spoke to her. She knew exactly what questions to ask and put me so at ease about the photography of our wedding. Kelly even created my timeline for our wedding just by having a conversation about when what pictures would work best. She followed up about a week before the wedding and confirmed the timeline but was flexible with changes.

To say the day of the wedding was amazing would be an understatement. Kelly was so calm and gave such great direction. Me and my husband felt so comfortable with her. Pictures went seamless! She captured everything I could have hoped for and more. Funny moments, happy moments, every detail of decor, and even the firefighters that showed up to our wedding due to a fire alarm going off!

When we got our sneak peak on our honeymoon, we were in awe! The pictures were just as amazing as Kelly had been and we cannot say enough good things about her and her work!

Thank you Kelly!

Profile Picture Ariana, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were pretty clear that while we wanted to capture our wedding day in photographs, we didn't want the photographer to run the show. Kelly Giarrocco understood this and did a marvelous job. She and her team managed to capture all of the "must have" photos of family and the wedding party without making it feel too dutiful. Honestly, she handled the very tender moments and potentially nerve-wracking points before the ceremony with a soft, yet competent touch. In the end, we are thrilled with the way she captured our day. The formal photos are elegant and the informal shots really show how much fun our guests and we had. She created stunning images that we will treasure forever.

Profile Picture Maureen , 10/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Prints

Along with her excellent second shooter Lauren, Kelly photographed our wedding this past September in Lake Lure, NC. Full disclaimer: I have known Kelly since we were in college and love her as a person. Given this fact, I have separated out my review into two sections--feedback solely from guests and my personal feedback.
Here is the guest feedback: Kelly is unobtrusive but somehow managed to capture every sweet/silly/serious moment of your wedding. She never made a photo feel or looked posed and her use of color as well as black and white flattered her subjects accordingly. She and Lauren were extremely friendly and professional--most guests wanted to be friends with them after the wedding. Lastly, multiple people were so impressed by Kelly that they asked me for her information so that when they get married they can use her services.
My own personal comments are these: Kelly is one of my favorite people to be around. Her presence on my wedding day was so calming--she made me feel and look beautiful in all of my wedding photos without an ounce of awkwardness (a true feat!). I cannot truly express in writing how JOYFUL I feel looking at how they all turned out and that is thanks to Kelly. Though we are friends, she took our photography contract very seriously and responded to any and all comments/questions I had within a day (Usually less)--From reading the other reviews, this seems to be standard for her. Of all of our vendors, I felt the process of signing a contract, etc was the easiest with Kelly due to her online forms and ease with technology. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend Kelly for any and all of your wedding photo needs. Her work reflects her photojournalistic style, attention to detail, versatility and technical skill. A million stars.

Profile Picture Marah, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

On an average day, Kelly is the kind of soul you'd want to spend a whole afternoon with -- laughing, chatting, observing random sights on a walk. On your wedding day, she is the supremely talented photographer who puts people at ease with her caring demeanor and badass skills. Those "random sights"? No, those are life moments and she's capturing them, along with images of the dress -- in our case, two dresses -- the shoes, the bouquets, the everything-you-want-to-remember and some of the moments I didn't get to see initially, such as my gorgeous bride getting ready. Even our limo ride from the hotel to the ceremony...I thought it was a relatively quick trip and a wee bit cramped, but all the while, Kelly, perched bird-like on a square foot of open space, captured "the look of love." Kelly is also incredibly efficient with family portraits and, despite not having a second shooter (we went all in with Kelly), she managed to get multiple vantage points of our outdoor ceremony at the Mark Twain House in Hartford. We had just one reading, a meaningful one, and during that reading she got three or four totally different views, including a stunning rear angle of the Twain House porch with our bridal trains on full display as my soon-to-be-wife and I held hands. (I didn't even see Kelly running around to get these shots.) We hired her for eight hours of shooting and have so many favorite photos now, it'd be hard to pick a top 10. Kelly's exquisite talent brought out the best in us -- not just photogenically, but in how expressive we were on the most romantic day of our lives. We were two brides getting married in front of 50 people, many of whom probably weren't used to that sight. But starting with our private "first look" at the hotel, Kelly's chill/encouraging/totally-on-it vibe set the tone for a sweet and celebratory summer evening. We already miss Kelly and that's why I feel melancholy writing this review.

Profile Picture User7010436, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

We are so grateful to have had Kelly photograph our wedding!

On the day of our wedding, Kelly was very kind and respectful to our family and friends, and made us feel comfortable during photo sessions. She did a fantastic job capturing all of the special moments, gathering our family for photos, and taking fun and romantic shots of us. She truly has an eye for good compositions. When we received our photos after the wedding, we were THRILLED with the product! Kelly’s shots portrayed our event and guests perfectly and always take you back to being there! We loved that she catered to our natural and simplistic style. She brought professionalism and was a joy to work with! We were also pleased with the preparation process, as she was flexible with scheduling and logistics. She spent time to get to know us and our expectations for our wedding. The photo gallery was well put together and very easy for us to share with friends and family. We have already enthusiastically recommended Kelly Giarrocco to our friends, some of whom have already booked her for 2017!

Thanks Kelly!

Profile Picture Shaant & Jasmine, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kelly exceed our expectations from start to finish! She was a dream to deal with in the lead-up to our wedding – the perfect balance of low-key and detail-oriented – and we are so, so pleased with how well she and her second photographer captured the feelings of our wedding day, not just the happenings. She was truly "ninja-like" in her approach so that it never felt like she was noticeable or intrusive – she has more of a photojournalistic feel, while also giving enough guidance on how to pose so that you don't feel awkward during the shots that are more staged. All of our family and friends loved her, also, which I know contributed to comfortable, candid, joyous photos that we will treasure forever. I highly recommend Kelly and her team and would be thrilled to vouch for her any day!

Profile Picture Sara, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kelly did an AMAZING job at our wedding. I do not even know where to begin. From the moment we inquired about her services till the day we received the pictures, Kelly has been professional, courteous, and timely. We planned the wedding from across the country and were not able to be as hands on as we would have liked, but Kelly was beyond accommodating and understanding. She exceeded all of our expectations and hopes. The photos were delivered in the most amazing package and arrived quickly after our big day. The compliments from our friends and family have not stopped yet. They were amazed at the quality of the images and Kelly's ability to capture so many beautiful moments. We cannot thank her enough and would definitely recommend Kelly to anyone who is looking for a photographer!

Profile Picture Helen , 11/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Where do I begin? My husband and I could not have been happier to have Kelly capture our wedding day. She took the time beforehand to get to know us, ask us questions about our relationship and talk about what I envisioned for the day. She was so easy to talk to and I could tell right away she was going to be amazing. They day of she was so calm and really made me feel comfortable. She made us feel like models! She also showed us some of the photos she was capturing throughout the day and it made me that much more excited to get the pictures back! The pictures turned out exactly as I had hoped- beautiful! Kelly is so incredibly talented and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer. She even sent us a cute little picture ornament for Christmas, which was very thoughtful. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone- you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jana, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images

My journey to find a photographer was not one of fairy tales but through recommendations and a trusted source I found Kelly. At the time Kelly was in Guatemala and even when she was in another country her service and response time were ON PAR! When she returned stateside nothing she did disappointed us. My husband I were looking for a photographer who could capture the easiness of what it meant for us to be together. We wanted our photos to highlight the friendship that is the base of our entire relationship and the small exchanged moments between one another that made our long distance relationship so incredibly worth it. Kelly did just that. We met her for our engagement photos, which I was extremely nervous about, and she immediately put us at ease and allowed us to enjoy the experience. The photos turned out more than I could have ever imagined and I had every confidence she would handle our wedding day with the same grace. Fast forward to our wedding day and I felt like I not only had my photographer there but also a friend. She seamlessly wound herself around the ceremony, reception, and all the in-betweens that come with a wedding day. Our final photos took our breathe away and have been loved by all. I simply cannot get enough of Kelly Giarrocco Photographey and I would recommend Kelly to anyone. Her prices are reasonable and with so many different options and additions you can really make it specific to your wants, needs, and budget.

Profile Picture Christina, 9/26/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Prints

I have pretty high standards for the vendors I picked and I cannot say enough wonderful things about Kelly! She went above and beyond throughout the entire process and was extremely easy to work with. She was there when we needed her yet was completely out of the way at the wedding and did an AMAZING job capturing every memorable moment! Kelly is an artist and has a keen eye for backgrounds and other elements that will make your pictures extraordinary. She is definitely one of the best wedding photographers I have seen. She gave us a sneak peek of our wedding photos within days of our wedding which I LOVED, and mailed us a USB drive of the rest of our photos (plus a few printed out photos as a gift) within 3 weeks of our wedding! There is even an online gallery for your guests to order pictures from. My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with how our wedding photos turned out, they are simply amazing! I couldn’t have asked for a better experience and photographer! Thank you, Kelly!

Profile Picture User5626427, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints

Working with Kelly was the easiest part of planning our wedding! She is so laid back but totally on top of everything! She completely worked around my schedule so we could plan out all of the specifics. Day of she was just amazing! She was so in her element and great with all of our guests. We received so many compliments from our friends and family about her!
Kelly's creative aesthetic shines through in all of her photos. She really has an exquisite sense of color and lighting that you don't often see in wedding photography. My husband is not incredibly photogenic, so Kelly helpfully guided him through some of the portrait shots, and they are STUNNING, not a single one looks unnatural or posed.
Just hours after our wedding, Kelly emailed amazing sneak peek pictures, and had the rest of them sent to us within three weeks. We couldn't have been any happier with everything. I HIGHLY recommend Kelly, she will capture every beautiful moment of your special day.

Profile Picture User5640336, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Selecting Kelly Giarrocco Photography to capture our wedding photos was one of the best decisions I have ever made. She was both friendly and professional, more than willing to accommodate all of our requests, and the photos she took were stellar. I absolutely cannot recommend her enough. If I could give 10 stars I would!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/6/14, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

I hired Kelly as the photographer at my wedding in April 2014 and she did a phenomenal job! We had a small wedding (30 guests) and wanted the day to be as relaxed as possible. Kelly was great about contacting me and asking questions about my husband and me to figure out what we wanted and expected of our wedding photographer. The day of the wedding, she was so sweet, professional, and patient - and even stayed past our scheduled time! We had a disc with all of our photos waiting for us when we arrived back from our honeymoon and we were so happy with the results! Not only were there amazing pictures of me and my husband but she captured so many wonderful, candid photos of our guests - I love looking back through the pictures of the day and seeing how much my family and friends were also enjoying themselves. I would absolutely recommend Kelly as a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture User4141842, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews