Kelli Burns Entertainment Reviews

102 | Carnegie, PA

102 Reviews for Kelli Burns Entertainment

• W

William · Married on 05/26/2012

Kelli was well prepared and prepared us as a couple well. The reception was so smooth and flowed along without a worry from the bride and groom. The best part of the event was how she kept the guests involved with the festivities and the enjoyment the guests are still expressing a year after the reception. Everyone had a great time.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Mehmet · Married on 04/21/2012

Kelli is amazing: Creative, professional, dependable, and tons of fun! Everyone at our wedding agreed on the same thing: it was the most fun and original wedding they had been to, and everyone had a blast! She turned the whole event into a tailored, specialized event that reflected our personalities and a celebration of our love for each other. I would strongly recommend that you work with Kelli for your special event!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Tori · Married on 05/21/2011

Working with Kelli was one of the best decisions we made about our wedding. We strongly felt that a good DJ could make or break a wedding. From our very first meeting with Kelli, we felt very reassured that we had made the right decision. She took the time to get to know us and the special day we had planned. The effort that she put into organizing all of the details for our reception was amazing. I can't even imagine how our wedding would have been without her. She is the sole reason that everything flowed so smoothly. Our guests loved the way she introduced the wedding party so they knew how each member was connect to me and my husband. Her style and sense of humor made the evening fantastic! Kelli, we cannot thank you enough for everything you did for us.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Demetria · Married on 08/27/2008

Kelli B was the DJ at my birthday party! She had to get her gear up in a driveway with kids running around everywhere. I was so concerned I would end up having a boom box be the music..ANNNNNDDDDD Kelli B--made everything work and come alive right on time!...Outstanding choice of music for the whole night, and not a single neighbor complaint!..They ended up joining us due to the music choice..I hope Kelli B is around when I am 65!!!

Sent on 04/08/2013

Sarah · Married on 03/25/2017

DJ Jonny Hartwell was excellent. Our initial meeting with him was very pleasant and he clearly paid great attention to our wants. He played all the music we requested and mixed in other appropriate music. He kept the kids happy with a number of fun activities and managed to get the adults on the dance floor as well. Overall, we were extremely pleased with having him at our event and received many compliments from attendees about his work.

Sent on 04/10/2017

Jonathan · Married on 10/26/2016

We didn't have to look far! Kelli Burns Entertainment had a great bunch of DJs to choose from. They were all wonderful choices, and Jonny Hartwell did a wonderful job at our ceremony.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Nina · Married on 05/09/2015

We worked with DJ Harold Purdy for both our rehearsal dinner and reception. My husband and I had a taste for the unusual for our wedding music- a mix of modern indian dance music and euro/american electronic dance music. Harold was super patient with us and spent time with us via email, telephone and FaceTime working with us to make our vision for our party come true. He really knows how to throw a party!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Kelli Burns Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for letting us know DJ Harold brought you joy!

Jill · Married on 07/26/2014

We could not of asked for a better DJ than Kelli! She put a lot of time and effort into getting to know us as a couple and understanding our style of what we wanted. She was easy to communicate with and get ahold of. In times of unanticipated chaos, she kept us on track and kept things flowing nicely. We spent the majority of the night on the dance floor and I know our guests loved it! Outstanding service -highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Kelli Burns Entertainment's reply:

Thank you! Your family and friends are all crazy dancers! Everyone was so nice, love when that happens. Thank you for having me be a part of your celebration, no rain could hold us down!

Danyelle · Married on 03/02/2019

Just Awesome

Jeremy was AWESOME. He had everyone out on the floor and was very flexible with changes. It was super fun!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Danielle · Married on 09/23/2018

Jonny was a great DJ and had people dancing all night!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2016

We loved our DJ, Harold Purdy -- he made our evening so wonderful and kept the dance party going all night long! It was great to be able to book additional services, such as extra uplighting, at the same time. Kelli and Harold and the whole team were responsive and easy to help - they gave us some great suggestions that we ended up using on our big day (such as the uplighting colors and order of events at the reception). Definitely get in touch with them about your big day!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Kelli Burns Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! Harold and I love working with people like you. You were open to new ideas and we love that we could be a part of your wedding day. We wish you all the best here at KBE!

Andrea · Married on 08/12/2016

We highly recommend Kelli Burns Entertainment for your wedding! Kelli Burns was our DJ/MC for the night and she was truly exceptional. She went above and beyond throughout the entire process from our first consult meeting through our wedding day. All of our wedding guests raved about how awesome she was and a few even asked us if we were friends with her before the wedding! She did such an incredible job personalizing our reception that everyone was convinced that she had known us for years. Kelli really does stand out in her field. If you want to hire the best, hire Kelli.

Sent on 10/01/2016

Kelli Burns Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Andrea for letting us know about your experience with us. I really felt we were a great fit for each other. Your ceremony was unique with incorporating some traditions from Hawaii. It makes my experience in life enriching. I wish you and Ned the best!

Darcey · Married on 07/16/2016

I would say that if you want a DJ who is the full package and will take charge so that you can relax and enjoy your reception, choose Kelly. She did a phenomenal job from the moment we walked in until the end of the night. She had everyone on the dance floor from kids to my husband's 92 year old grandma. She took requests and had everyone laughing and handled issues as they arrived. I would recommend her a thousand times over for a fantastic event of any kind. Kelly is truly the best DJ I've ever seen. That's why we hired her. Worth every penny.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Kelli Burns Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Darcey for this review on my service and being at your family events are always warm and memorable for me. I wish you all the best and many years of happiness.

Aaron · Married on 09/07/2013

Kelli was wonderful to work with. Because my wife and I live in a different state from the one we got married in, we needed someone who could work with us long distance. Kelli was incredibly professional and timely with her responses to our questions.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Dave · Married on 09/30/2016

Jonny Hartwell was awesome. We had a blast and really enjoyed the entire process. I would recommend him to anyone looking to throw a killer dance party. He pumps the jams.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Kelli Burns Entertainment's reply:

Great to hear that you had a fun and memorable experience with with DJ Jonny Hartwell. We wish you all the best here at KBE!

Lauren · Married on 09/13/2014

The entire experience working with Kelli and our DJ Scott Alexander was professional, easy, and smooth. We had an initial meeting with Kelli where she found out our needs and preferences, and from there she recommended a specific DJ to fit our event. Scott Alexander was fabulous! My husband and I did not have to worry about anything at all during the reception. He made sure everything ran smoothly, and the music he played was perfect. He was approachable, so guests frequently made song requests. So many of our friends and family commented that it was THE MOST fun they have ever had at a wedding -- there was a great group of dancers the whole reception, which was an accomplishment because we held an afternoon reception so it was completely light out the whole time! Kelli also checked in frequently during the planning process to make sure we were on track. Everything was great!! I will say that her prices are more expensive than other DJ services we looked at, but I think it was totally worth it. We wanted a great party, and that's exactly what we had!!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Paul and Katie · Married on 07/06/2013

Kelli provided a professional and top quality entertainment service for our wedding. We felt secure that Kelli would do a great job on the day, which she did, and it played a big part of making our special day so memorable.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Caitlin · Married on 10/10/2015

3.0

Kelli did the lighting for our reception and one of her DJ's Harold handled the entertainment. The lights ended up looking beautiful and Kelli came out more than once to make sure we liked the look of the lights. We had been to a friend's wedding where Harold was the DJ and knew we wanted to hire him for ours. These services weren't cheap, but the quality was excellent. They were communicative with us, flexible with their time and services, and listened carefully to what we wanted. They also delivered. We got many compliments on the DJ and the music choices from our guests. So many of our guests, young and old alike, stayed all night and danced the whole time. Everyone seemed to have a great time, and Kelli and Harold definitely helped us make that happen.

Sent on 10/16/2015

Honest, upfront, professional and a great DJ. This was money very well spent. Put simply, DJ/MC Kelly Burns was perfect.

Kelly not only accommodated all our ideas/requests but added the backbone for the ceremony. As stated in our first meeting the DJ/MC can make or break the wedding and we were happy to spend the money on this service.

Everyone was dancing. Kelly's setup can match any venue and her skills can adapt to any scenario. Our wedding was a formal, 100 person event in a large historic house. Her equipment was not intrusive, it matched the surroundings, she blended in perfectly. The music was on cue, the announcements were executed on time and as discussed.

The entire flow of our reception could not have been executed without the work of Kelly. Remember the music can be intrusive and awkward if not done right. Kelly will make sure she has enough information/knowledge of the couple/venue/event to accommodate any change in plan during the night. Don't skimp on the music services. You will regret it. Kelly is definitely not the cheapest option but the price was fair for the extraordinary work.

You know the music/DJ/MC is good when:
    1. Even people that don't generally dance are shaking it
    2. Everybody says "the music was great"
    3. Nobody says "the DJ was bad"
    4. Everyone knows what is going on during the night without being told what to do
    5. The music matches the mood
    6. All requests are answered
    7. You feel as if the music/event was like a scene from a great movie

Thanks Kelly!
    M+J

Sent on 01/02/2015

Bill · Married on 10/12/2013

Kelly did an excellent job for our wedding. She was very professional, easy to work with and quite flexible with regards to changes to our reception format. Thank you!

Jessica and Bill

Sent on 10/29/2013

Katie · Married on 09/14/2013

3.0

There were a few issues with understanding information.......perhaps due to vendor being busy. It was a little unsettling as it was close to the date. However, it worked out well. Our guests thought the DJ was great....more of an MC. Her suggestions and scripting were excellent ideas....very well received.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Katie · Married on 05/18/2013

Kelli was a fantastic master of ceremonies for our wedding reception. She was very prepared, professional, and very easy to work with. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Hi Katie,

Thank you for letting us know how we did for your wedding reception. Did you see the photos I sent to you? I just loved them, you two looked so elegant that day. I had fun with your family and friends. Everyone was very nice. I wish you two the best!

Love,
    Kelli

Vinnie · Married on 09/01/2018

2.0

Harold was amazing but it was a bit pricey.

Sent on 09/11/2018

4.2

Kelli was an excellent choice and a great asset to our weddingplanning/execution. Her experience provided a number of entertaining and helpful twits to the event. A top notch professional.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Brian · Married on 06/25/2016

4.2

Kelli uses an online portal that was so helpful to us in choosing music for our wedding. Kelli guided us in picking the styles of music for the pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Guests commented on how much fun Kelli's introductions of our wedding party were, and had a good laugh when she confused some of her scripts. Kelli added extras like driving an hour away to see the venue a month before the wedding, providing beautiful uplighting, bringing us drinks during the reception, and coordinating the reception timeline with the other vendors, especially taking care to make sure the photographer was ready before Kelli announced any big moments. Overall, Kelli was professional and made our wedding memorable!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Kelli Burns Entertainment's reply:

I'm glad to here you were happy with my DJ service for your ceremony and reception. It was great meeting your family and friends and I even saw a few familiar faces there myself. I wish you all the best!