Kelley Kakes Reviews

95 | Denver, CO

95 Reviews for Kelley Kakes

Kaliena M. · Married on 04/10/2021

Amazing!!!!

Kelley is amazing! She is so professional, talented, and she is an excellent communicator. With all the details, it was nice to hand off the cake idea to her and not worry about it. I gave her a big dream with all my ideas and she rose to the challenge. We loved our cake- beautiful and delicious!!! Many of our guest complimented the cake on the flavor! Our cake tells the story of our relationship- very personal and very sweet!

Sent on 04/19/2021

Amanda · Married on 04/03/2021

The Most Delicious Cake You’ll Ever Have

Searching for a wedding cake was one of the things we were most excited for when planning our wedding. We somehow ended up meeting a bunch of bakers who were quite corporate and robotic in their meetings, and we were about to recruit friends to make a whole bunch of cupcakes. Then we found Kelley from Kelley Kakes. She agreed to meet with us right away, and she prepared A LOT of test cake for us at the drop of a hat. She worked with us to create all the flavor combinations we could possibly imagine. And, above all else, she was a true joy to work with. She’s just so very kind and lovely, and professionally speaking, she was prompt and reliable. I am SO glad we found her!! Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious, and people are still talking to us about it and asking for her contact info. Kelley is delightful, and she is a superb baker!

Sent on 07/09/2021
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth H. · Married on 10/02/2020

Beautiful Cake

Kelley was so great to work with especially during the pandemic. From our first tasting to our wedding day, she was so great. It was so nice to be able to sit down and have a tasting with her when most tastings are done at home now. This was definitely a big reason we booked her because I could actually share my vision and get a drawing in person as I talked and didn’t have to only talk to her over email. Kelley delivered the most beautiful wedding cake and we are so thankful we chose her. Our guests loved the cake flavors as well and kept commenting on how great it was. We are so happy with how it turned out! It was everything I wanted and more! Thanks Kelley!

Sent on 11/20/2020
  • Jon

Jon C. · Married on 08/23/2020

Couldn't Be Happier

We were absolutely blown away at how our cakes turned out. We brought a picture we found in a magazine and brought it to our consultation and wanted to make some adjustments to the look. She did a quick sketch for us and it's exactly what we wanted. We got to the venue and it exceeded out expectations. It looked better than the picture we brought from a magazine. We also did a groomsmen's cake with a silhouette of a Banksy piece and it was perfect. The cakes tasted delicious. We had a three tier and was able to get all three tiers different flavors. Kelley was awesome to work with. She was super easy and super sweet. Not to mention the tastings beforehand are fun and helpful.

Sent on 08/29/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney G. · Married on 07/25/2020

Kelley created a beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding

Kelley Kakes was a preferred vendor of our reception venue, Villa Parker. First of all, Kelley was a delight to work with--she is very personable and worked very hard to make sure that we ended up with the cake we envisioned. She was responsive to the unique design changes that we wanted to make and was one of the few bakers we talked to who was willing to create a four-tiered cake with different geometric shapes for each tier. We went with pink strawberry champagne, raspberry & white chocolate, and chocolate dream for our flavors, and we received many comments about how delicious our cake turned out. We especially loved the fresh fruit in the strawberry and raspberry tiers! Lastly, Kelley delivered a cake that was not only the most affordable out of all the bakers we consulted with, but also the most beautiful and tasty!

Sent on 09/03/2020
  • Erin

Erin T. · Married on 02/10/2020

Best wedding cake!

We met with Kelley to make our wedding cake for October 2020. You can tell she just loves her job, she loves creating cakes for all occasions especially weddings. Not only are her cakes beautiful but they're delicious. Our cake was simple, just plain white with ripples and our florist put some flowers on the edges but she listened to how we wanted it and asked us many questions to get our perfect idea of our wedding cake and it turned out beautiful and elegant! We got to enjoy the top of our wedding cake (strawberry champagne, yum) for the next couple weeks and can't wait to get another cake from her for another occasion.

Sent on 12/08/2020

Kristy K. · Married on 11/11/2019

Amazing!

We contacted Kelley after seeing her work on Instagram. I sent her photos of the cakes that we wanted for our rehearsal dinner and wedding cakes and she made them even better. Kelley did an absolutely amazing on both cakes. Her work is stunning! Not only were the cakes made beautifully, but they were delicious and so moist! She had a lot of flavors to choose from and was such a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Cakes!

We had a wonderful tasting appointment and knew right then that this was the baker for us! The pricing fit very well into our budget and the process of picking a design was effortless! We had the most delicious cakes to taste as well.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Rachel · Married on 08/17/2019

Kelley genuinely cares and the cake was amazing!

We tried a few different cake makers before meeting Kelley and after our tasting we were absolutely set on using her. She was so friendly, genuinely kind, and easy going. Setting up the cake tasting was easy and she was happy to give her insight to help us figure out exactly what we wanted for our wedding.

She was easy to communicate with leading up to the wedding and answered all of our questions, even the little last minute ones!

We opted to do a two tier cake and sheet cakes and they came out SO GOOD. Absolutely delicious, our guests loved them and we loved having a bit of fresh fruit in them. The sheet cakes were a reasonable size, making it easy to take home the tiny bit of leftovers we had. Kelley absolutely nailed it and we highly recommend her!!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Monique

Monique · Married on 06/28/2019

Kelley Kakes was perfect!

Kelley was responsive, personal, creative and a phenomenal cake artist! The cake was both beautiful and delicious...it was perfectly executed and she created exactly what I wanted, and even accommodated me with no concern at all when I changed my mind! I can't give Kelley enough stars, everything about my cake perfect! Unfortunately, the women in my family went a little overboard adding flowers to my cake after Kelley personally did the set up, because all the extra flowers just weren't needed....Kelley created the most stunning rose gold for the middle layer and it should have been the highlight. Kelley gave me a stunning cake, I felt like she truly cared about my wedding and I highly, highly recommend Kelley!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Becca · Married on 05/11/2019

5/11 Wedding

Kelley was the first and last bakery we met with when planning our wedding - we knew immediately we wanted to work with her. Her planning and expertise are amazing, and we were blown away by the number of flavors she provided. When we couldn't decide, so she made us additional miniature cakes to continue trying flavors after our tasting! We ended up with three layers and three separate flavors and our guests absolutely loved them all. We couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 12/01/2018

Lovely Cake

My now-husband and I planned our wedding from Texas, and Kelly Kakes was super helpful! We were able to meet a few weeks before the wedding to do a cake tasting, and WOW! each cake was so delicious. I had a specific design in mind for our cake, and Kelly was amazing and did the design JUST like I had imagined! It was my dream cake. The cake was so delicious and beautiful.

Sent on 11/15/2019

Carolyn · Married on 09/09/2018

Wonderful experience!

Kelley was so amazing to work with, she adjusted to our busy schedule before the wedding and helped us design exactly what we wanted to our big day. She delivered the cupcakes and cake without a hitch and even was flexible to give us gluten-free options for our guests! Above all she was a joy to work with and has seriously great prices!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Amy · Married on 09/07/2018

WE LOVED OUR CAKE!!! It was exactly what we had envisioned! Easy to communicate with, responsive, Kelley was always friendly. We had two flavors and they were both scrumptious! Her pricing was very reasonable. We are so glad we chose Kelley Kakes for our wedding cake would highly recommend Kelley to other brides-to-be.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Alivia · Married on 07/14/2018

We cannot wait to see our wedding cake! Our tasting was amazing, and so much fun. We really enjoyed getting to know Kelley and tasting the delicious cakes she had for us!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

WE LOVED OUR CAKE!!! It was so gorgeous!! Kelley was so personable during our consultation! She really took the time to get to know us as a couple and what we wanted in our cake! We had three flavors and they all were delicious! Her pricing was very reasonable! Her work was honestly worth so much more in our opinion! We strongly recommend using Kelley!

Sent on 06/18/2018
  • Jean

Jean · Married on 12/09/2017

Delicious cake and fantastic person to work with!

My husband and I used Kelley Kakes for our December 2017 wedding at Boettcher Mansion. Kelley was responsive, very reasonably priced, and a delight to work with - she hosted us for a consultation where we got to try four different cake flavors (including the opportunity to change/add flavors from what she normally offers for samples) and worked with us on ideas for how we wanted our cake to look. She was communicative between the consultation and the wedding and showed up right on time on the big day to set up our cake, including some on-site decoration adding flower petals. The cake was delicious! We did two tiers of white chocolate with raspberry filling and one tier of heavenly chocolate with cookies & cream filling. A number of our guests told me it was some of the best cake - let along wedding cake - they'd ever tasted. Also, Kelley gave us a free anniversary cake (so we didn't worry about keeping any cake in the freezer for a year) which was ALSO delicious! I would recommend Kelley to my friends without any hesitation.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Abby · Married on 10/14/2017

OMG - so good. We are looking for excuses to order another cake from Kelley already. Our wedding cake was gorgeous, delicious, and affordable! We couldn't have been happier, and we got a ton of compliments. I've been to many weddings where the cake is just okay and most guests don't even eat their piece - not at ours! I must have given 4 people her name because they had to know who made the cake! We already can't wait for our anniversary cake!

Sent on 10/19/2017
  • Shannon Marie

Shannon · Married on 07/09/2017

Our cake was amazing and absolutely beautiful!! It was gluten free and our guests couldn’t even tell the difference ! I was so happy with Kelley and her amazing service and ability to make our guests rave about our cake ! Thank you!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Michele · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I originally thought we would not do a wedding cake and then decided to just do a small cutting cake. We met with one other bakery and after meeting with them we thought we might go back to do no cake at all. Our wedding planner encouraged us to meet with Kelley and I’m so glad we did! After speaking with her and seeing all of her amazing cakes and designs she has done in the past, we knew we had to have her do a cake for us. She did a custom topper for us with all of our animals and us on it! It was so perfect and adorable. Not to mention the cake was also so delicious! She is truly one of the most talented people I’ve met, and we highly recommend her for any bride and grooming wanting a beautiful and customized cake for their wedding day. Thank you Kelley so much for all of your hard work and the custom topper that we now get to cherish and keep forever!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Robin · Married on 01/22/2017

Kelley made us feel very welcome as a same-sex couple. She took our vision and colors and made a gorgeous and delicious cake that was a hit! Highly recommended.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/24/2016

I would highly recommend Kelley kakes for a cake vendor! My husband and I had our consultation with Kelley and couldn't have been more pleased. She is very accommodating to what suits your needs. Our cake wound up being absolutely perfect and definitely exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 08/14/2016

Katy · Married on 05/28/2016

Kelley's cakes are beautiful and delicious and half the price of other vendors! We had leftovers (only because everyone filled up on the prime rib) and we enjoyed the cake for several days after. Thank you Kelley!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Ali · Married on 05/13/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Kelley. She is such a talented artist, and she created a cake that was completely different than anything I had seen before. She made it completely custom to us, and more than accommodating on any requests I had. She even took the time to chat with me over the phone to make sure my vision was translated perfectly to her design. Kelley is amazing.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Dawn · Married on 12/05/2015

OUTSTANDING!!!!!! The cake was not only delicious it went above and beyond our dreams!!! Our guests as well as the venue are still talking about our winter wonderland Hanging Cake! YES! I said, Hanging Cake! It literally hung in the middle of the dance floor AND Kelley put tiny LED lights inside the hand blown sugar ornaments that lit the cake up! I wish I could post a picture on here so people could see how amazing our cake was. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Kelley!! You truly went above and beyond!!

Sent on 01/14/2016