Keith Ferris Photo Reviews

45 | High Falls, NY

45 Reviews for Keith Ferris Photo

Charis · Married on 07/26/2014

Keith is awesome! We did not have a huge budget for our wedding photography, and he more than delivered with what we had to work with. He was prompt with his communication, super flexible working with us as we planned our wedding from Colorado, and was just truly a pleasure to work with.

The day of the wedding, he showed up on time and pretty much just blended into the background, as I feel like photographers should in order to get great candid shots. We did our first look and family photos before the ceremony, and man, was that process way less painful than I anticipated. He just grouped the families together, got his shots and had everyone on their way in no time. No endless shuffling of people, just boom! Boom! Boom! It was great!

During the ceremony, I literally did not notice he was there, and the only proof that he was there at all are all of the beautiful photos! Afterwards, he pulled my husband and I aside for the briefest time possible to get some individual shots of us, and we were back at our party in no time. He got some great shots during the reception, and when his time was up, he said his goodbyes and was on his way.

After the wedding, we got the link to all of our photos in no time. I literally had not even thought to wonder about when we would see them when they showed up in my email. I can't remember the timing exactly, but definitely less than a week turnaround. I came home from my wedding to an absolutely insane schedule, so I have still not had time to order our prints, but the website looks to be pretty user friendly.

All in all, I would highly recommend Keith if you are interested in working with a friendly and low-key guy who will take some fantastic pictures of your special day with out leaving you feeling like you got taken to the cleaners. Five stars!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Kristen · Married on 07/05/2014

Keith is a great photographer and ontop of that he is a great person. We've worked with him a few times and each time, our photos were perfect. The process of taking the photos with him is easy and effortless and we really love that about him. Just the whole experience of working with Keith will be an enjoyable one. You will not be disappointed in any aspect of his business!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Susan · Married on 06/14/2014

We cannot recommend Keith enough. He is an absolute joy to work with: he is responsive, thoughtful, and truly wants to get a sense of who you are. He is incredibly professional about everything he does. On top of everything, his pictures are OUTSTANDING. We (and everyone we have showed them too) could not be happier with the pictures from our wedding day. They are beautiful and full of emotion, fully capturing the entire day even better than a movie. On the wedding day itself, he really made us feel more relaxed. He was calm and focused--and his love of his work is readily apparent. He was very flexible throughout the wedding day, but also familiar with the flow of events so that he didn't miss anything. His photos include a perfect balance of portraits and candids. He captured so many things we didn't even know were happening. We will truly treasure his pictures of our wedding forever and we could not be happier.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/27/2013

Keith did an amazing job with our wedding pictures. I would recommend him wholeheartedly to anyone who was searching for a photographer. He was prompt, quick and efficient with the family shots, professional and still fun to work with. He has a great eye for color and composition and picked some great spots in the gardens at our venue for the bride and groom shots. He was also very attentive and helpful in keeping the reception schedule on track. Keith's attention to detail is impressive, he not only remembered everything that we had discussed in our conversations prior to the event but also managed to keep track of all the numerous family members and friends that we wanted pictures of throughout the night. We got numerous compliments about him personally and the way that he worked and also of the pictures he took from the wedding. I could not have made a better decision in choosing a photographer, he documented our wedding perfectly and the photos that he took not only document the day but capture the joy and happiness that was felt.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Brenda · Married on 09/21/2013

My Husband and I are still in the process of finalizing our album, thank you cards, etc. Keith has been wonderful! He is so easy to work with, flexible, and quality of work is outstanding. Thank you for being able to hear us, know what we are all about and capture the true essence in your work! awesome!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Erik · Married on 09/20/2013

My wife and I aren't usually huge picture people but Keith made the entire process from start to finish fun and easy. Keith was professional and easy to work with, I would recommend Keith's services to anyone who wants a low stress experience.

Sent on 10/08/2013

We had a great time with Keith and his photos truly captured our wedding day!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Christopher · Married on 08/17/2013

Keith did an amazing job as our wedding photographer… we couldn't be more pleased. From the very beginning, Keith made it a priority to understand what we wanted from him, and to deliver on it. During the engagement shoot, he learned how we interact and used that knowledge to get some terrific pictures! He continued his magic during the wedding, delivering on our request to mix just a few posed pictures with a lot of candid, photojournalistic photos.

I'd hire Keith again, and I'd recommend him without reservation to anyone looking for a reasonably priced photographer who really listens and wants to deliver on the client's wishes.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Michelle · Married on 07/07/2012

Keith is a fantastic wedding photographer. We're so happy with the way our pictures turned out. They are truly beautiful. He was extremely professional, and was also very flexible and patient when dealing with all the different members of our family. He has a very artistic eye, which resulted in us getting a lot of very unique photos, not just the run-of-the-mill staged pictures. He really did a amazing job capturing our special day! I would definitely recommend him whole-heartedly.

Sent on 01/11/2014

Tim · Married on 06/30/2012

Keith Ferris was wonderful- he took photos and recorded the music for our wedding at Mohonk Mountain House. He is very friendly, kind, and his work is beautiful. We couldn't be happier with his pictures, and we would surely recommend him as a wedding photographer. Thank you Keith!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Keith Ferris is an exceptional photographer! We felt so lucky to have him at our wedding. He has the unique talent of capturing with his camera not only what you can, but also what you cannot see. The pictures he took of our wedding witness the true feeling of our ceremony and the joy we shared afterwards. He also has a remarkable eye for those little, though very valuable details. We felt so comfortable under his camera - just being ourselves. He truly knows how to treasure long-lasting memories with his wonderful photos. I would highly recommend this artist to everyone who is looking for truly unique pictures and memories!
    Maria

Sent on 08/03/2012

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2012

keith was perfect for our wedding - he knew the venue inside and out so our photos are amazing and he handled the few difficult personalities really well. keith's work speaks for itself but it can't tell you how nice and patient he is.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Lindsey · Married on 04/14/2012

Keith was so wonderful to work with. He really has an eye for the perfect shot. He worked alone and kept the day moving. I forgot he was there half the time:) He was great with all of the children we had at our wedding and the pictures came out stunning!! I HIGHLY recommend Keith. I was 6 month pregnant at my wedding and he made me look so slim and pregnant at the same time. He is a delight to work with from beginning to end. You will not be disappointed if you have Keith as your photographer. Thank you Keith!

Sent on 04/20/2012

Keith Ferris Photo's reply:

Thanks Lindsey, I have a great time at your wedding. Thanks for having me!

Stephanie · Married on 08/20/2011

I wish I can give Keith a 1000+ rather than a 5! We are so happy to have had Keith as our photographer at our wedding in August. He was incredibly professional and talented. Upon meeting Keith and seeing his pictures, you know he's great. But after I saw my photos now I know he is the best! He came on time, was not intrusive at all, stayed in touch with us constantly and after our wedding he had our pictures up on pictage so quickly! He also put a lot of our pictures on Facebook and I am so grateful for that! The pictures are unique, photo journalistic and just amazing. I love his style and personality - he is very easy to work with, and always available to talk. He is also very flexible and that was so important to us! We are looking forward to receiving the pictures on a USB at the end of 6 months to have forever! Perhaps we can get them sooner? We cannot thank you enough for being just so amazing, responsive, talented and on point! I would recommend him a thousand times over to all my friends!

Sent on 10/08/2011

Todd · Married on 10/24/2010

We first worked with Keith when he did our engagement photos. He was really easy to work with, was very flexible on timing and location, and had a great eye for where to shoot. He then photographed our wedding, and did a fantastic job. Again, he had a great eye for location, and was not at all intrusive during the ceremony or the reception. We had a great experience working with Keith, and would highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/16/2010

Joanne · Married on 06/13/2010

Keith was professional, sincere, and helpful. He continues to help us with making an album after our wedding. I would recommend him with no reservations.

Sent on 11/18/2010

Meg · Married on 11/14/2009

Keith was our photographer for our Mohonk (New Paltz, NY) wedding November 2009. We live in MA, but Keith made it very easy to coordinate wedding photography via phone and e-mail. Keith was very flexible with the photography timing too.

Keith was great!

Sent on 11/29/2010

Ann · Married on 05/09/2009

First, I have to say that I have a lot of photographer friends who have had their work exhibited at MoMA and the Whitney Biennial. I have what some might call unrealistically high standards for wedding photography.
    I was lucky enough to see Keith Ferris in action at my brother's wedding and I was thrilled by his technique and professionalism. He was quiet and unobtrusive: he was able to capture very intimate moments, AND was still able to gather large groups of people for formal photos quickly and efficiently. Watching him work, my fiance and I knew he'd be on our short-list of photographers. But when we saw how beautiful, nuanced, and carefully framed his images were, we knew he was our guy.

We really enjoyed our planning meeting with him and he was willing to work out a fantastic package that was respectful of our budget. Before the ceremony, he caught amazing images of my husband and I and our friends in various stages of readiness without ever asking us to pose or even feel like we were taking time out for photos. His images throughout the entire day created a touching narrative which we enjoy looking at over and over again. I can't recommend Keith Ferris enough for wedding photography or for any occasion deserving of high-quality archival images.

Sent on 11/22/2010

Excellent work / very professional and he made my day so magical .

Sent on 03/02/2016

Chip · Married on 06/15/2013

Somehow screwed up the star system there- meant to give him 5/5 , unintentional! Loved Keith , his work was great and was perfect for our day. Very laid back - was unintrusive and sensitive to the moment. Cpouldn't be happier with the work. Thanks Keith!

Sent on 07/18/2013