KC Weddings and Events Reviews

50 | Naples, FL

50 Reviews for KC Weddings and Events

Alyssa · Married on 10/10/2015

Kara was absolutely amazing. From the second I started working with her so was such a big help. The day of my wedding went so smoothly and I didn't have a worry in the world, it was such a great feeling to just be able to have fun and enjoy myself. Kara, thank you so much! I appreciate you more than you know!! <3

Sent on 10/16/2015

Kara was amazing!! So helpful with everything, down to the smallest detail. She made our day truly great and I can't imagine that day without her help. She is so talented and I highly recommend her for your event <3

Sent on 10/22/2015

Jaime · Married on 05/10/2015

Kara was my sanity on a potentially chaotic day. She took care of all day of wedding details and handled all issues that came up in a way that kept me unaware that an issue even existed. She went above and beyond all day and I would recommend her to anyone that would like some organization to their wedding day!

Sent on 06/10/2015

What can I say about Kara she is totally awesome! Without her I as well as the wedding wouldnt have come out
    so beautiful! We had problems that the event coordinator should have been there to take care of and Kara did everything she could in her power to take care of the problems. She stayed calm through the issues she was faced with from the venues lack of communication and disreguard of our needs. Love her her! Thanks Kara!! Pam and Shal :)
    Tried to edit the Stars and it wont let me . DEFINATELY 5 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **********

Sent on 03/16/2015

I loved Kara! She was absolutely amazing! She set up our whole reception and ceremony flawlessly and took it down when it was all over! She dealt with unforeseen circumstances with our venue like such a pro. Our wedding day would have been a mess without her. She is well worth every dime we paid!

Sent on 03/15/2015
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 03/14/2015

I hired Kara and Brian literally 27 days before my wedding day. I knew that I needed someone to help me on-site the day of the wedding, as the last thing I would want to do is get ready as well as run around making sure everything is set up correctly. Kara and Brian were just PERFECT! They both came to my rehearsal the day before and were excellent with taking charge and making sure everyone needed to be where they were supposed to. On my Wedding Day, Brian managed my day for me and he did an amazing job! My reception room was beautiful, the ceremony site was beautiful, he was so wonderful to me and my family. He also took on the brunt of questions from my family members and my Father thought he was great (which coming from him, is a BIG DEAL!). I truly lucked out with this amazing wedding planning couple! Their prices are extremely reasonable, they are incredibly professional, and they completely set my mind at ease on my wedding day. I was able to relax and the day turned out PERFECTLY. Hire them with confidence - you won't regret it! :)

Sent on 03/17/2015

Liz · Married on 01/17/2015

Where should I begin with these amazing wedding planners. Kara and Brian were more then a bride could ask for. They were amazing. Always responded back to me when I had to speak to them in a very quick moment. If you are on a small budget please consider this amazing people. They were amazing!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Danielle · Married on 11/01/2014

There are no words to explain how wonderful working with Kara and Bryan was. From decorations, to last minute details, to meetings and beyond... this team is truly remarkable! and so easy to get along with. Kara provided me with all the groundwork to execute my big day, as I only hired them for day-of coordinating... which was the absolute best investment of the entire event. The value for my money was exceeded, and the support shown from both of them was touching and heartfelt. My dream was to have a wedding altar at a beautiful tree, with white fabric draped and chandeliers hanging down.... & KC Events MADE IT HAPPEN!!!!

I would absolutely without a doubt recommend Kara & Bryan to my closest family & friends! :) Thank you both again so very much!!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Paula · Married on 10/25/2014

As Mother of the Bride, my daughter and her new husband had a truly flawless wedding for over 100 family and guests. From the planning phases (we were mostly all out of town during this time so this could be termed a "destination wedding") to the execution
    of the evening itself, Kara and Brian handled even the most mundane details smoothly, capably and always professionally with a smile. Five stars is not a high enough rating for this couple's fledgling new business. Their costs were also in keeping and reasonable for such a beautiful and joyous event. I would be happy to be used as a reference for Karen & Brian, both personally and professionally, if someone wishes to contact me. Again, thanks to Kara & Brian and K.C. Wedding & Event Planners for giving my daughter, our family and my new son and his family truly had the wedding of their dreams.
    Paula Tateo

Sent on 11/07/2014

Linda G · Married on 10/25/2014

Having our son and his future bride living in Virginia Beach, Va... it was a blessing to have them as their wedding planners since the wedding was held here in Naples, Fl. The wedding was absolutely beautiful! The way that the whole wedding and reception was set up was raved by all that attended!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Nicholas and Claren · Married on 10/25/2014

Kara and Bryan of KC Wedding and Events were absolutely amazing! Our parents put us into contact with Bryan and from the beginning, they both put us at ease and made the wedding planning process a breeze. From the start we were stressed trying to plan the wedding from 1000 miles away, however Bryan and Kara took to our every need and were extremely considerate when we had a difficult time deciding on a venue. They contacted us often through out the process, keeping us up to date on everything including the budget as things progressed. When the wedding day came, everything went flawlessly and everything was more beautiful and elegant than we could have imagined. We would recommend this team to anyone. Thanks again guys! Love, Claren and Nick Jokela

Sent on 11/22/2014

Kristen · Married on 10/25/2014

Kara & Brian coordinated a wedding at The Knickerbocker Estate in October 2014. As a manager of this elegant estate setting we've had the opportunity to work with a wide variety of wedding event planners. We were very pleased working with Kara & Brian. Their attention to detail, respect for our property and attention to every detail made working with them a true pleasure.

They are young, energetic, creative and really go above and beyond to make for a memorable, smooth, well coordinated and classy event.

Without hesitation The Knickerbocker Estate will recommend their services to other couples looking to hold their special occassion at The Knickerbocker. We look forward to working with them again.

Kristen Jasinski
    KnickerbockerNaples.com

Sent on 01/02/2015

Michaela · Married on 08/02/2014

Kara Cardinal, and went above and beyond to make sure our destination wedding was perfect. She single handedly created a day that was above and beyond my expectations.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Bethie · Married on 06/14/2014

Everything was perfect!!! Kara and her crew went above and beyond. Our dream wedding became a reality starting from the church to the beautiful decorated reception hall.Because of her creativity and exceptional attention to details she was able to make our dream day come true.
    Kara & Brian

Sent on 06/24/2014
  • Rose

Rose · Married on 11/10/2013

My amazing, caring, sweetheart of a wedding planner. There were so many crazy things that happened while trying to plan this small event and she handled all of it with grace and with a heart that understood the importance of this day. She did all of the decorating and the flowers for my wedding, aside from the crafts that I did.

Sent on 05/02/2014

Cara · Married on 10/07/2017

I can't recommend Kara more highly! She helped make our dream Doctor Who inspired wedding a reality. She kept me organized while planning, provided helpful insight along the way, and even put in elbow grease when necessary including helping me paint a bunch of decor blue when the time came. I threw so many crazy ideas at her, and she ensured it all came together and just looked beautiful and nuanced all at the same time. Despite having her home hit by hurricane Irma, she continued to keep me on track as the big day approached, and considering she didn't have electricity for several weeks, I was incredibly impressed & appreciative. On the day of, she kept every thing moving like a well oiled machine, ensured all of the decor was placed to fulfill our vision, and even surprised us with several things I had written off as just not having time to figure out or even too expensive. I had told Kara early on that I wanted a light wall for behind the dessert table, but I ran out of time trying to figure out supplies and what was needed for the construction. I had accepted that decor touch just wasn't going to happen. She surprised us by having her hubby source all the materials and construct the light wall for us. It really fulfilled my vision for the dessert area and provided such a lovely twinkley accent to the room. It was absolutely perfect. We had also considered some absolutely Instagram worthy custom cookies as favors. They ended up being too much per person for our budget as favors, but as a personal gift to us she had the cookies made customized for my husband, myself, and our daughter. That way we still got to include the cookies in our photos and enjoy the treats for a few weeks after the wedding. It was just so thoughtful. She really ensured every little detail that we discussed made its way to reality on the actual day. Investing in Kara's services was one of the best decisions I made in all of the planning.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Aimee · Married on 05/07/2016

Kara is absolutely amazing! We planned a destination wedding and Kara made it so easy and less stressful for us. She is extremely flexible and will go out of her way to give you exactly what you want. I had no idea where to begin, she has so many great ideas and is very knowledgeable with her line of work. She also was understanding when it came to my crazy work schedule :)

Sent on 06/14/2016

Chandrea · Married on 10/10/2015

Kara did an amazing job with our welcome bags for our guests and with our place cards!! Kara is so creative and we were definitely impressed with the candy buffet that she created for our event!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Jennifer · Married on 04/28/2018

Kara and Brian were so wonderful to work with! They were always available when needed for any wedding related question or concern and continued to make my husband and I feel special and supported along the way. We could not have done it without you both and all of the follow through was instrumental in making our beautiful day a reality. Kara kept us on track with our organized check list and went above and beyond with special requests made during different points of the process and day. Brian stepping in to coordinate day-of and being involved in the process was also critical and extremely helpful. We cannot thank you enough! xoxo!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Paula · Married on 11/11/2016

Kara was professional, helpful, and very flexible. She listened to what we were looking for, and made suggestions and offered to help with things we were unsure of. It was so nice knowing we had someone looking out for what we wanted, and not the best interest of the venue. So glad we had Kara in our corner!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Luara · Married on 04/25/2015

We hired Kara as a day coordination for our wedding, Kara made sure everything was exactly were I wanted it to be. I had a pretty hectic wedding day but Kara went beyond and above what had hired her to do in order to make my day perfect. She focused on small little details that made a different such as, neatly Redoing all bows on the seating pads onto the chairs. We were very glad to have hired her. Thank you so much Kara!!!!

Sent on 06/23/2015

paul · Married on 10/25/2014

One never knows when choosing a vendor remotely. My daughter and her fiancé chose Kara and Brian as wedding planner, coordinated via Facetime, text, e mail. That was a great choice it turned out. I'd recommend this dedicated young couple to help plan your event.
    The event itself was flawless, everything smooth. We could enjoy the wedding ceremony and evening and had no worries.

Sent on 11/06/2014
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 12/07/2018

Would not Recommend

To put it bluntly, we had a terrible experience with Kara. Essentially, it seemed like Kara wanted us to follow a prescripted plan for how she likes to throw a wedding and when we made slight variations to that plan, she mentally checked out. Our view of a planner is someone who provides advice, aids in coordination, and helps overcome obstacles. Many times we felt as if Kara was actually working against us because of some perceived slight that we hadn't followed her suggestion(s). Here are a few defining examples (of many) we experienced:
    1. Caterer - We ended up selecting one of Kara's recommended caterers (Frisco's - who we loved). To give you some context, we live in Atlanta and hosted the wedding in Captiva, FL, so we felt a trip was in order for a meet 'n greet & to make sure all vendors were on the same page. We personally handled the coordination regarding everyone's availability with the exception of the caterer (Frisco's) since all communication had be flowing through Kara up to that point. We gave Kara the date we were looking fly down and asked her to check with Frisco's about their availability for our tasting. She gave us the green light on that date and flights were booked. Fast forward several weeks and we find out that, in fact, Frisco's was on vacation during that time. When we called Frisco's it appeared that they had never been contacted or coordinated with. I was prepared to let the cost of the rebooked flights be water under the bridge as long as the overall experience was a positive one, but (obviously) that wasn't the case. On top of that, our tasting didn't include the food we had requested due to more coordination issues. I'll get to the cost of the flights later...
    2. About 75% of our emails with a request for information or coordination had to be followed up on. Normally, I'm okay with a certain amount of follow up. I've had busy weeks before where I fell behind, so I get it. What really rubbed me the wrong way was the reaction to the follow up. Most times, we were told "I already sent that to you." I can understand if there was a large attachment or maybe even some sort of bad internet connection here and there. But this is email we're talking about. One of the most trackable methods of communication there is. So to be told repeatedly "I already sent that to you" as if WE were the one at fault got a bit old after the 3rd or 4th time.
    3. The day of the event - We were cautiously hopeful going into the big day that Kara's strengths lied in day-of coordination. Boy, were we wrong about that and, to be fair, we should have seen this coming a mile away. During the time my fiance was supposed to be spending with his groomsmen, he was instead in full panic mode helping his sister, father, and three close family friends figure out what goes where and answering questions from with vendors. Days after the wedding, we were told that the vendors thought that his sister was the actual wedding planner because Kara was often nowhere to be found. If it weren't for the five of them selflessly giving several hours of their time, we would've had major major problems. Halfway through the reception, the bartenders ran out of ice. I'm no expert on weddings, but this seems like the type of thing a planner would help with. Instead, three of our guests left the party to buy ice from a restaurant down the road. On one hand, I'm so thankful to have friends willing to help where it's needed and on the other I'm a bit embarrassed by the fact that Kara didn't handle that.

To cap it all off, when we brought up the rebooked flights, it turned into an hour long conversation about how they didn't think they were responsible for the error even though it was right there in black and white. The conversation ended with her husband telling us that we should be thanking them for giving us a credit for their mistake.

Sent on 06/24/2019

KC Weddings and Events's reply:

It’s an absolute lie to say that we were not in communication with Frisco’s, we were. However, we were unaware of their month long vacation, as that has never happened in the past. Consequently, Kara and I had a discussion with Craig and Shannon and decided to credit them $330 dollars for the cost of their flight change so to say they "absorbed the cost" is even more of a knife in the back. In our 6+ years in business we’ve never received such a malicious review and for it to be so long after the wedding, without any communication, is puzzling.

Though Shannon and Craig paid for our Partial Planning Package, they expected the same level of service included in our Full Planning Package. That said, we made not one but two site visits (an hour and a half drive from our place of business) to accommodate the changes they made with their tables and seating arrangements.

We went absolutely above and beyond for Shannon and Craig. It’s truly a shame that some people are so empty that they have nothing better to do than drag a small business through the mud as they have. I have spoken with the property manager Joe (whom we have a very good relationship with) and DJ Tommy regarding her inaccurate account of what transpired and they are both appalled.

Bali Hi is a beautiful venue, we are expert planners and communicators, and it’s a shame that there recollection of their wedding night (and the entire experience) is inconsistent with everyone else’s’.
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 03/14/2020

Avoid at all costs

The point of this review will be to say to avoid this company at all costs. I was actually excited about wedding planning - event planning is part of my occupation, and the idea of planning my dream party seemed so exciting! As we were planning a destination wedding (I grew up in Florida where my wedding took place but currently live in New York), I knew we’d need to hire a wedding planner to help so I reached out to a few vendors. Kara from KC Weddings & Events was the first to respond and from our phone call, I was excited about hiring this team so we hired her for the full wedding planning and day of coordinating package. My excitement ended the minute the contract was signed. It would be too long (and too frustrating) to go through the many ways this team failed me. Right off the bat, it was clear that they were not good at communication. To start, I needed help finding vendors. It was so hard to get information or help from them, that I ended up booking nearly all the vendors myself directly (the photographer, the caterer, the cake, the DJ, etc.). When I finally heard back, instead of apologizing for my frustrations, they were angry I was booking things myself. The communication issue got so bad and I was getting so frustrated that I asked them to send me weekly email updates, which they did not do until the last few weeks before the wedding. There were so many things in the contract they were supposed to help with but didn’t - budget management, contract management (I repeatedly needed to send them the contracts they were supposed to be keeping track of), RSVP management, etc. It honestly felt like a chore and the wedding planning would have been so much easier if I did not have to talk to them. When I brought up the issues I was facing with them, each time they were combative and defensive, and did not apologize or try to make it right. Everyone in my life - my now husband, my family, my friends, my colleagues - were following how almost comical my experience with this team was. My husband and I flew to Florida for wedding meetings and there were several meetings Kara was invited to, as well as a meeting I was promised with her directly to see how the tables would be set up, and not only did she not show up to any meeting, she didn’t even tell me she wouldn’t be joining. The week before the wedding, she finally told me she would not be attending at all, she would be sending her associate to be on site that day. So the person I hired at the most expensive package I never even actually met. The day of the wedding was also a joke but luckily I had other amazing vendors and friends that stepped in and fixed things. My wedding was late because no transportation arrived for me (which I would not be surprised if they never booked) and when I contacted the day of coordinator, she didn’t have any answers for how to fix it. My poor husband was sitting in a gift shop all alone wondering what was going on, why his wedding wasn’t happening, and thank God I called in and was able to tell him what was happening because no one else did. I have an amazing best friend who got on the phone with the car service, and then we ended up flagging down a random limo that felt bad for the situation and drove me and my friends to my wedding (Sheila at VIP Transportation is my forever queen). Due to the corona virus, a number of guests dropped out last minute, so the wedding planner crammed people into tables, but didn’t provide enough chairs. When people brought this up to her, she asked my friends to figure it out (Cori from Edison & Ford is amazing and stepped in to help solve this). She also never made any announcements about transportation - my best friend’s husband brought up needing to announce the shuttles, to which she was confused, so he ended up coordinating with the driver and making the announcements, since he had to deal with it on the shutte’s departure. There were many things I brought up to her that needed to happen or weren’t happening and she didn’t know what was going on - probably because she wasn’t the person I had been talking to for months about planning my wedding! The only reason my wedding was a success was because I hired some amazing vendors that stepped up and helped make my day a success - Cori at Edison & Ford, Angelina from Angelina Melody Photography and Ashley from Ashley Marie Designs.
    I could go on but I’ll stop here and just say, if you want your event to be a success and your wedding planning to be stress-free, avoid this company at all costs.

Sent on 03/23/2020

KC Weddings and Events's reply:

Alison, we are sorry that your experience with us was not the same as the hundreds of other happy brides that have used, and will continue to use, our services. While we wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment of your wedding day, and our services in the months prior, you are entitled to your opinion. The many cancellations and changes that resulted directly, or indirectly, from the growing response to the COVID-19 pandemic were a surprise to us all. We wish you and Jon the best as you begin your life as husband and wife. Stay safe!

Elijah · Married on 04/28/2018

0.4
      0.5

KC weddings Kara and Brian have their own vendor list . Do your research kara recommends venues and vendors based on her network . She is not for the bride . We hired Kara to plan our wedding during the beginning of the process she was very nice . Unfortunately when it came to selecting a venue Kara wanst willing to step outside comfort zone . What I mean by this is she insisted that we go with her already preselected venues . The issue was for the amount of money we wanted to spend these Venues did not fit with what we were trying to accomplish . So we found our own venue . She had this issue with all vendors . So for better money and quality we found all of own vendors and we emailed Kara letting her know our progress and politely explained to her that we didn't understand why we are doing so much foot work . She agreed and understood . Any time a change needed to be made Kara was included in the email and before we signed any contract we spoke to her she was more than compliant . So for over a year we thought every thing was fine . 7 months before saying I do she had her husband send us an email canceling out our contract . We are hurt and don't understand . 7 months before our wedding. We have to find another planner and start all over . Please beware of this couple and don't spend unessisary money do your research Swfl has great vendors and beautiful Venues for less money .

Sent on 10/16/2017