KB Kakes, LLC Reviews

32 | Gainesville, FL

32 Reviews for KB Kakes, LLC

• Laurel

Laurel Wing · Married on 02/08/2020

Great to work with, very accommodating, and AMAZING truffles!

My husband and I were extremely pleased with our wedding cakes and truffles from KB Kakes.  Kathy was very pleasant and accommodating during the process and her treats are delicious!  She created a special surfboard cake for our groom's cake, and a beautiful 2 tier wedding cake.  My favorite were her cake truffles!  We didn't order the shooters for our wedding but I think that would have been a hit!! I truly loved everything we tasted from her, and cannot wait until our 1 year wedding anniversary to order her truffles again!!

Sent on 03/15/2020

Lena · Married on 09/01/2019

Delicious and fun

Kathy was great to work with, she made us a themed cake to our specifications. And it was delicious. We got to choose what flavors we were interested in and she met our wants and needs. Everyone loved the cake. She is truly an artist and amazing in her craft. You can tell how much she loves what she does by the time and effort that goes into her cakes.

Sent on 09/08/2019

Kimberley Harmon · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing and Delicious

Kathy is AMAZING! When my husband and I met with her for a tasting, we knew based on her personality that she was a keeper. We loved that we could enjoy our “tasting” at home. She is a woman who can help make your creative dreams come true. “the skies the limit” is her motto. Words cannot express how delicious her cakes are. We had a two tier wedding cake decorated with flowers and textured icing, a variety of cake shots- perfect for our brunch wedding, and cake truffles to compliment our coffee bar. We heard nothing but raves about Kathy’s delicious, filling, moist, “but not too heavy” cake from guests who attended our wedding! We will definitely contact her again, should we need a cake for future events. Kathy is so sweet and she will do what she can to make your vision come true! We love her! ❤️

Sent on 06/28/2019

Timothy · Married on 08/26/2016

Don't look anywhere else! Kathy helped us every step of the way and worked with us on creating the cake that we wanted. She traveled from Gainesville to St. Augustine and everything looked perfect for the wedding! We had truffles and cake pops as well as wedding cake, the taste was absolutely amazing and our guests loved it. I would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Caitlin · Married on 11/02/2013

I chose KB Kakes for our Wedding Kake, and it didn't take much to make my decision on using them for the job. Since day one of working with them they had been very professional and easy to get a long with. I showed them exactly how I wanted the Kake to look and taste and they pulled it off exactly. It not only looked beautiful, but the taste was super yummy! Their follow up untill a few days before the wedding was on point, I never had to reach out to them because I got follow up calls to confirm all details more than once, which is very reassuring considering a couple weeks before things can become hectic. Thank you so much KB Kakes for the fabulous Kake. I will and would highly recommend you!

Sent on 11/14/2013
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/12/2013

KB Kakes were so helpful when it came to design and flavors of our wedding cake. The Cake truffles were a hit! I have had so many people ask me who did our cake and truffles! The cake was beautiful! Thank you soo much!

Sent on 10/23/2013

For my wedding I ordered a truffle cake and I received SO many positive compliments from my guests about the cake: the flavors were amazing, the truffles were so creative and nicely decorated and it was very unique! Kathy and Erica were so wonderful to work with too! They listened to exactly what I wanted and when my cake arrived it exceeded all my expectations. I can not thank them enough and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a delicious and attention grabbing cake.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Heather · Married on 05/26/2013

I was so blessed by this fabulous, organized, and talented team. The creativity and details that are put into each and every cake is impeccable. They know what looks good, and offer amazing ideas; but never put down or go against your own individual wants or ideas. Working with them will be the easiest part of your event. They are the one thing that you never have to worry if they will show up or mess up. I did not have a single picture of what I wanted and they were able to turn my ideas into a picture perfect reality. Not only did they ensure that all the details were met and exceeded; but, they also had a special to-go box for my husband and I to take with us to our honeymoon. When talking to people after my wedding, EVERYONE commented on how much they enjoyed the cupcakes. The quality of whatever they make Kake, CupKakes, or truffles is phenomenal. You honestly can not find a better, more professional vendor. They are a must have for any wedding no matter the size or style.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Samantha · Married on 01/26/2013

Everything came out amazing the cake was just what we pictured thank you again!!! Look forward to using you again soon!!!

Sent on 01/28/2013

We were on a very limited budget and Mrs Kathy was very helpful and accomodating to our budget. They really went above and beyond for us. Our top layer was ruined after i left it at our old house they remade it free of charge. Absolutely amazing service and great people

Sent on 10/25/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/14/2012

My wedding cake was so amazing! Their kake truffles are the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. I sent them a drawing I made of what I wanted my cake to look like and it turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. My guests are still raving about it!

Erika and Kathy were my favorite wedding vendors to work with. These ladies are so professional and made me feel at ease even though I was planning a wedding a 1,000 miles away. I'm so happy for them that they are opening their own storefront. Even after my wedding, I will always be a customer of theirs.

Sent on 05/03/2012

Britni · Married on 11/12/2011

KB Kakes did my wedding desserts and they tasted and looked incredible. She has such amazing talent. The service was excellent, so kind, and professional. Kathy personalized my 3 tier cake to mirror my dress, the grooms cake was in the shape of a Boston Red Sox cap (my husband favorite team), and then she made enough cake truffles to feed an army. I was able to personalize all the flavors, including the grooms cake which was my husbands grandmothers Australian Fruit cake recipe.
    Everything was a hit! I didn't have to worry about a thing!
    Best of all she had a small take home honeymoon box with a slice of everything so my husband and I had a taste of everything that was made. (Otherwise we wouldn't have had the chance!)
    Thank you Kb Kakes for creating a special and unique day for us. We absolutely adore your talents!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Erika · Married on 03/26/2011

My husband and I recently renewed our vows for our 10 year anniversary. When we got married it was small and intimate so this was our"Big Day". We planned for 2 years and had all the details thought out. When it came to the cake we not only wanted it to be yummy but to be our Centerpiece of the room and a true focal point. I had sketched out my thoughts of what I envisioned for Kathy, but when I stepped into the hall and saw my cake for the first time I cried! It was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. She even incorporated our design from our invitations onto one of the tiers. It was absolutely perfect! I could not have asked for more. I chose KB's kake truffles and cake shots and they did not disappoint. They were a huge hit with the guests all night long! Kathy even made a special honeymoon box of truffles for us which we enjoyed on our first cruise for our "Honeymoon" it was such a special anniversary for us. I would highly recommend KB Kakes to anyone who wants to have their wedding cake not only look beautiful but taste good too. It was such a nice treat to have a vendor that "got me and my vision" Thank you!

Sent on 08/25/2011

Debra · Married on 12/31/2010

Kathy and Erika did an amazing job on the cake and setup for my daughter\'s wedding...She wanted four flavors of the truffles, and we wanted it done in a certain way, and Kathy not only accommodated her wishes, but helped set up the \'memory table\', as well as the cake table, to help me when was getting behind in getting ready. The truffles are amazing, unusual and so delicious! We had the Double Chocolate, Lemon, White Wedding Cake with Raspberry Filling, and Birthday Cake. I cannot praise them enough!

Sent on 02/09/2011

Cynthia · Married on 05/15/2010

OMG I cannot speak highly enough about Kathy at KB... a beautiful person who truly listens and cares. Wait, thats not all... she is an amazing baker!!! My cake was truly inspirational and EXACTLY what I wanted!!! The taste? Amazing!!! Everyone raved about it at the wedding. On top of being just plain awesome, Kathy also made us (bride & groom) a separate cake for just US! She says brides and grooms rarely get to eat their cake so she wants to make sure by making them their own cake! How thoughtful and wonderful! We love love KB !
    Cynthia & Richard
    5-15-10

Sent on 07/06/2010

Luanne · Married on 10/31/2009

Delicious and gorgeous! They did an excellent job working with me to extract the ideas from my head and create the most perfectly elegant and tasteful cake. It was such a shame to cut it up! But it sure was good to eat!

Sent on 05/26/2010

Sasha · Married on 03/07/2009

They were one of my most accomodating vendors, and truly cared about the service they were giving you, as well as the product. They treated my plans for my wedding cake as if it were their own, and thats hard to come by. I would highly recommend KB's Kake Kreations to anyone who wants immpecable services.

Phillip and Sasha

Sent on 09/09/2009

Jen · Married on 06/07/2008

They were wonderful! KB Kakes went above and beyond on our cake. Thank you! I would highly recommend them. There are so many flavor choices!

Sent on 09/03/2009

T · Married on 09/29/2007

KB Kakes is fantastic!!! Every cake that has been done for me has exceeded my expectations and leaves my guests in amazement.

Sent on 01/15/2013

Kathleen · Married on 05/19/2007

Our experience with KB's Kake Kreations has been nothing short of delightful! We found out about Kathy (the owner of KB's Kake Kreations) at the Wedding Expo that is held annually (it was held the September before we got married) here in Gainesville at the Phillips Center. When we saw her quality of work and tasted her cake (she had little samples at the expo, how clever!), we were hooked. I begged my then fiance to run to the ATM so we could make a deposit as to not lose the date.

We met with Kathy at some point afterward (who is an absolute sweetheart!) to get some ideas down. We weren't exactly sure on what we wanted at the time, but we told her our budget and she was so careful to suggest ideas that would fit into our budget. We had pictures of things that we liked and, because of her experience, she suggested some things that she thought would work as well. Although we weren't completely sure what we wanted at the beginning of the meeting, sitting down and talking with Kathy made us feel more certain (and at ease!) by the end of the meeting.

And when I saw that cake on the big day, I was blown away. We didn't have an intricate design or anything, but I was just amazed at how well crafted the cake was. I mean, I've seen wedding cakes that, upon closer inspection, looked awful because whoever designed it didn't take care in doing so. This was not the case with our cake at all! You can tell that she took care in crafting the cake, making sure to pay attention to even the smallest details, like where she placed the floral sprays (which were actually edible) in relation to the cake topper.
    And the taste of the cake? It was absolutely delicious! We opted for the Signature White with Raspberry Filling made with a Fondant icing (I think she only makes fondant cakes). I've had fondant cakes before where the fondant was so gummy that you would think you were chewing taffy! Kathy's fondant has the fondant consistency but also melts in your mouth which was perfect. All of our guests LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! We did too, in fact we loved it so much that after the wedding, we ate our top tier (is that bad luck?). We decided that we would just order another cake from her at our anniversary!

I hope this review helps!

Sent on 11/15/2007

Sarah · Married on 10/27/2012

KB Kakes was a blessing in disguise. We were on a limited budget, but Mrs. Kathy & Erica did everything they could to make this cake awesome. They also accommodated us with a honeymoon cake. Their professionalism & sense of making each "couple" family doesn't stop there. We moved after 6 months of marriage & my husband left the top layer in the freezer at our old house. Erica and Mrs.Kathy went above and beyond to re create the top layer to our wedding cake so that we could re create our special day all over. The cake was absolutely beautiful and taste amazing. Thank you ladies so much for going above and beyond! We love you guys.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Morgan · Married on 04/16/2011

Kathy and Erika did a fabulous job on our wedding cake! They went above and beyond what my ideas were for our cake and it tasted great and looked exactly like what I wanted. The truffles were also a huge hit! My husband loves their truffles so I had an idea of incorporating my husband's love of sailing along with the truffles and they completely blew me away with a truffle filled sail boat. I did not even ask them to do anything extra for this but they went the extra mile and it was one of my husband's favorite parts of our wedding day. Also, our cake actually tasted good a year later - was shocked but it did!

Sent on 10/23/2013

KB Kakes did a wonderful job in bringing my vision to life! The cake tasted wonderful and it looked spectacular, I would absolutely recommend KB to any couple getting married.

Sent on 05/19/2015

eiryn · Married on 01/24/2009

KB Kake Kreations was recommended to me by my event planner. I have seen and tasted their cakes from previous wedding shows in the city. I also tasted and spoke with multiple cake vendors as well. What set them apart was their originality. I wanted a unconventional wedding cake and their tiered truffle wedding cake, was exactly what I wanted. It was delicious too. When I spoke with Erika and the rest of team, they were warm, open minded, professional, and readily available with my questions. One thing I knew as my wedding day approached was, I didn't have to worry how my wedding cake will turn out. I was confident that they "got me and my vision."....and they did. I would definitely recommend their services.

Sent on 09/02/2009

Stacy · Married on 12/29/2007

We had THE BEST experience with KB Kakes! From the tasting to delivery of our wedding cake, everything was smooth and completely wonderful!!! I would 110% use KB Kakes again for any event/function! Her truffles are also to die for! :) The quality was amazing and friends/family are still talking about how delicious our cake was and how that is so rare these days! She is worth every penny....trust me! :)