Kay Salera Photography Reviews

Kay Salera Photography 5
Kay Salera Photography 6
Kay Salera Photography 7

Jenn Q · Getting married on 08/05/2020

Kay is the absolute BEST!

We originally found Kay's Instagram as we were searching for a photographer for our destination wedding in Hawaii, and fell in love at first sight with the style of her photos. Getting in touch with her was easy even though she's incredibly busy travelling around the world with photo shoots.
    Our engagement photo session was an amazing experience - she took us to the most breathtaking places on the island that were hidden gems, which we otherwise would not find on any travel guides. The wedding day was amazing as well - and we had lots of fun throughout the process. Kay gave us a lot of guidance and ideas when we needed guidance, but also accommodated our requests as well.
    The quality of the shots and editing is amazing - our friends and family are also incredibly happy when we had our photos back.
    We're so happy that we have these wonderful pictures to commemorate our wedding day and adventures in Hawaii in the years to come.
    Kay is truly talented, professional, and an amazing person to work with. We will (and already have!) recommend her to our friends and family.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Jessica Ullegue · Getting married on 11/23/2019

Truly amazing!

Kay is beyond outstanding! My fiancee and I were looking for a photographer for our engagement photoshoot in Japan. Kay was referred and highly recommended to us, and after seeing her amazing work on her instagram, we knew we found the right person for our shoot.
    She was very easy to talk to and very responsive to our emails and inquiries. As we wanted to shoot with cherry blossoms as our background, Kay flew from Honolulu to Tokyo day before the shoot to find the perfect place for us. We loved the location she chose as it showed both the traditional and modern aspects of Japan, and most importantly there cherry blossom trees were in bloom! Kay took the time to get to know us and listen to our love story prior to our shoot.
    Working with Kay was easy and comfortable. My fiancee and I initially didn't know how to act in front of the camera but Kay kept us going and guided us the whole time. And the turnout was amazing. When we received our pictures, I was so amazed! She captured the scenery and our emotions so naturally. The pictures were everything we hoped them to be and more!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Blake & Lily · Getting married on 07/19/2019

Amazing photographer

We wanted to have our engagement photo shoot with ocean backdrop and sunset views. Kay recommended electric beach and Maile beach park on west side of Oahu. The views and sunset was a perfect choice. We absolutely loved how the pics came out. We are pretty shy and have no idea how to pose in front of the camera, but Kay was able to coach us through so many different poses that made us look so natural and romantic. Her drone camera work is also amazing. The sunset colors was absolutely beautiful. We can’t believe that was the natural colors that evening.

Sent on 03/24/2019
    Kay Salera Photography 8

Alohalani · Married on 05/29/2019

Photographer

Kay Salera is super awesome! If you’re looking for someone who is professional, fun, sweet, and willing to be adventurous with you and your photos, I highly recommend her! Her work is superb and she is very sweet and fun to work with!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Lillian · Married on 10/13/2018

I am SO happy we worked with Kay for our engagement photos. She was super personable and made us feel really comfortable feeling lovey dovey in front of the camera. We did an adventure shoot--one location that required a short hike and then one near the ocean. All of the pictures came out to be really nice and moody, which is what we wanted. She also took some drone footage which turned out to make some beautiful, artsy photos as well. We are super excited to work with her for our upcoming wedding! Highly recommended.

Sent on 02/07/2018

Geraldine Agcaoili-Willis · Married on 10/12/2018

Picture-perfect memories!

Our experience with Kay was outstanding. Her warm and bubbly personality will make you feel more comfortable even though it is such a whirlwind, hectic day. Even though the weather was not in our favor that day, she went the extra mile for us to capture amazing photos and memories. She was continually making sure we were OK during our photo shoot, giving us a quick break, a drink, etc when we needed one. We only spoke to her one time leading up to that day, but that was all it took. Every request we made of her was addressed, and she made the vision we had come true. She was accommodating of not only us, but our guests and our other vendors. During the reception everyone was able to be themselves and have a great time and she was able to capture it all, but you almost forgot she was even there because she wasn't obtrusive. We're so glad that we chose her to photograph our wedding - just looking at the highlight photos is like reliving that day all over again. If you're thinking of using Kay, do it - you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Jasmine · Married on 09/29/2018

Kay was outstanding! She traveled to Paris to take my engagement photos and they turned out better than expected! She worked so hard to make us feel and look comfortable (even though I couldn't walk in my new shoes and it was raining). She also sent us a sneak peek of the photos only a couple of days after the shoot!

Sent on 10/02/2017
    Kay Salera Photography 9
    Kay Salera Photography 10

Mrs. Mc · Married on 09/01/2018

Truly an artist on a global scale, and the best at what she does!

I knew from the start of my wedding planning journey that I would be investing the most time and consideration into finding my perfect wedding photographer, as it was always one of the most important factors to me. After all is said and done, your wedding day will come and go, but the memories will last forever - so make sure you find someone amazing to capture those! That's why I feel so lucky to have met Kay. She is truly amazing at what she does and is able to do. Not only is her work impeccable - all her photos are SO beautiful, perfectly edited, unique and expansive in capturing all of the details you want, to all of the background scenery you want... she is also just an amazing professional! Even before booking, Kay went out of her way to respond to my long emails, addressed all my questions and concerns, and we even became friends through our correspondence because she is a very genuine all-around nice, friendly, well-traveled and interesting person. :) Kay lives across the world from me - it's about 10 hours on a plane, but I never felt that distance because there was never a lapse in communication. She is accustomed to working with a global audience and it shows - she can adapt to any situation or scenery, and make the photos look 100% high quality, professional, and incredibly romantic anywhere she shoots. We went from romantic cathedral shots for our ceremony to glamorous city vibes at our reception, and she made it all look stunning from start to finish. Another thing about Kay is that she is so diligent and determined to get the shots she wants, which are the shots YOU as her client want too! She's a fearless artist and will not hesitate to climb trees, people, city streets (within safety of course) or do whatever it takes to get the perfect frame. Trust me, future brides - you'll be so thankful for this type of hard work and dedication from someone who is also a genuine master of their craft. You will be blown away by the photos you receive - I know I was! Thank you so much Kay for capturing our special day, it was truly a pleasure working with you!! :)

Sent on 11/07/2018

Lawrence · Married on 08/18/2018

I first want to say that Kay was by far the most amazing and professional photographer I've ever worked with. She responded to every single question I had in a speedy manner and also provided ideas so that my proposal would be one of a kind. I wouldn't have been able to provided my fiance with her dream proposal without the help of Kay. Thank you so much Kay.

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Kay Salera Photography 11

Kelly · Married on 06/30/2018

I found Kay through Instagram (@kayslr) and really loved her style of photography. At the time I booked her, she was doing a special promotion where an engagement photoshoot was also included in the wedding package. Kay was super responsive weeks leading up to the engagement shoot. I told her I wanted to do the shoot at the beach, and she was very helpful in giving recommendations of potential locations (so knowledgeable!). It was such a great experience having her do our engagement photoshoot as this was the first time my husband and I had so many pictures of us taken. She made sure we were comfortable and acted “natural” in front of the camera. It was also great since we were able to connect with Kay and we felt like we got to know her prior to our wedding.
    Fast forward a few months to our wedding day – we were so excited to have Kay as our photography since our engagement photos came out so awesome! She was so accommodating throughout the day, and the wedding party all loved her. She even stayed past the 8 hours that we booked her for to capture the candid moments after the reception!
    Kay snuck us out to take sunset photos on the beach while our guests ate dinner, and to be honest, my husband and I were thinking “no more pictures!!!”, but after we received the photos, we were so happy with the outcome. Looks like something out of a magazine! We are happy with the quality of the photos that we received so far, and are so glad we went with Kay!

Sent on 08/20/2018
    Kay Salera Photography 12
    Kay Salera Photography 13

Mira · Married on 05/26/2018

Kay was my first and only choice for photography! My coordinator recommended her and once I saw her pictures, I wanted her to do my wedding photos. Kay is the main photographer so she will be very hands on during the entire time. She even went out of her way to come early for the Chinese Tea Ceremony when it wasn't included with my package. Kay and Adam were great with both sides of the wedding party. I will highly recommend her to anyone for either engagement photos or wedding!! I can't thank her and her team enough for capturing my wedding night so perfectly!

Sent on 06/06/2018
    Kay Salera Photography 14
    Kay Salera Photography 15
    Kay Salera Photography 16
    Kay Salera Photography 17
  • Y

Yui · Married on 04/05/2018

Having our photos taken by Kay was my number one priority of my wedding. I had decided (from while ago) that I wanted her to be our photographer of our Big Day and I was thrilled that my dream came true! Not only she is super professional at her work but she is very kind and sweet. Kay is experienced and easy going which really helped us when we were planning a destination wedding-which is not an easy thing! The photos were gorgeous and we're so happy with the outcome. She does an outstanding job capturing the small details and I highly recommend her if you don't want regrets for photos of your special day!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Shintaro · Married on 02/25/2018

We found Kay looking at endless amounts of different photographer blogs. Kay’s photos just stood out compared to all of the rest. We decided to try to contact her to see if we can book her for our wedding ceremony/reception and we are so glad we did. The day of went smooth due to her professionalism and organization. We got to get all the photos that we wanted in a short span of time that we had. Her prices were very reasonable and we her responses are quick and on point. She’s such a great and warm person you won’t regret hiring her for any occasion. And of course the pictures that we got so far is just amazing. Like something out of a magazine. We are still planning to work with her for our beach/city photos this month.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Aarika · Married on 12/09/2017

From the moment we reached out to Kay we knew she was who we wanted to photograph our big day. We had gone through her portfolio and absolutely loved the way she captured memories. She was extremely responsive in the months leading up to our Wedding. We are from Washington and were getting married on a catamaran in Maui and had very little idea of what to expect since we couldn't meet up in person before the wedding day. As soon as she got to the house I let her take over with just a small list of idea shots we had put together. She was so accommodating and I leaned on her to go with the flow of what she saw for the day. My friends and family all fell in love with Kay and her upbeat attitude and professionalism for her career. She had such beautiful insight on what would and wouldn't work well and came up with some great ideas. Due to the matter of getting married on a boat she mentioned doing a "reveal" for my husband and I prior to the wedding and I loved the idea I would have never thought of this idea on my own and it helped the wedding day jitters so much being able to see my husband before the wedding. When we got to the Catamaran I was just blown away, her eye for the right shot was just spot on. She knew exactly where and what everyone needed to be doing to ensure she got everything perfect without even knowing she was there. The staff of the Boat loved her and were so impressed with her. As soon as I posted some of the photos people came out of the woodwork contacting us about how our photos deserved to be in a magazine and how amazing our photographer was. In fact, Kevin and I have joked that we we would TOTALLY be willing to go back to Maui to do it all over again just to work with Kay again! Her flexibility of destinations and her input and insight is absolutely top notch. We will definitely find a way to work with Kay again in the future!

Sent on 06/08/2018
    Kay Salera Photography 24
    Kay Salera Photography 25
    Kay Salera Photography 26

Christie · Married on 08/17/2017

We very much enjoyed working with Kay! She is friendly and professional and willing to go the extra mile for us! She had the drone to shoot with us and it was amazing! The photos are gorgeous! We would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/04/2017

charity de meer · Married on 03/03/2017

She was wonderful! Showed up early, listened to our needs, was personable & talented! Quick turnaround & everyone loved the pics! Especially us!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Kiki · Married on 11/19/2016

We had an outdoor garden wedding in Oregon and we were so lucky to have Kay travel to Oregon to take our wedding photos! She was amazing throughout the whole process - professional, organized, creative and fun to be around! Kay took all the pictures we asked for and she even spent extra time doing a bonus photo shoot with us after the wedding since our time was cut short in the beginning of the wedding. Within a week she got us about 100 edited photos to share with family and friends to hold us over until all our photos were complete. Kay went above and beyond what we imagined and her work is stunning! We still stay in touch today and I would recommend her to anyone wanting to capture their special day.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Anne · Married on 06/11/2016

We met Kay for a honeymoon shooting in Rovinj/Croatia in June 2016.

She spent the whole day with us. After breakfast we started our walk through the city and Kay looked for places where we could take photos. She found beautiful spots and the photos turned out amazing. In the afternoon we went for a sailing trip together. During the whole day, we felt very relaxed around Kay and we felt comfortable being emotional while she was taking photos. Kay was also happy with us changing outfits before and after the sailing trip.

The pictures are the perfect memory of a typical day of our honeymoon. Kay provided us with all pictures in color and also in black/white.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Emi · Married on 05/11/2016

I'm Japanese and it was really nice to find a Japanese speaking wedding photographer that cares so much about capturing this special day.

Kay Salera is a brilliant photographer. We love our wedding pictures very much. We had our ceremony in the ocean in Hawaii. She used an underwater camera and shot in the water. Even though her camera was super heavy, she managed her surfboard and camera well.

Her photos are breathtaking. Blight emerald green ocean, clear beautiful sky and prominent Diamond Head are in our wedding pictures. She also shot our reception at the restaurant. She did a great job organizing our guests at beach, in the water, and at restaurant as well. She is friendly and cares about us including our guests.

We didn't have a wedding planner, but she gave us a lot of advice for our wedding. I think she is not only a talented photographer but she is also a wonderful wedding coordinator. Our wedding was very successful because of her. Thank you so much Kay. We really appreciated it.

Sent on 12/04/2016

Miko · Married on 08/15/2015

3.0

Kay shot our wedding in August 2015.
    We got married in Oregon. Before the wedding we had engagement photos taken in the city. She was very flexible in our desires of where to take the photos, with no time limits.
    She was with us all day for the wedding, no time limits. The results of the photos are fantastic and we couldn't be happier.
    We for our highlights photos quickly. It took six months to get all of our photos available, however they all turned out great.

Sent on 10/17/2016