Kay Meyer Photography Reviews

67 | Tallahassee, FL

67 Reviews for Kay Meyer Photography

Emily · Married on 12/27/2014

Kay Meyer is absolutely amazing. Our first experience with Kay was when she shot our engagement photos. We live out of town, and she was so flexible in working with us to get our photos done when we came home to visit. Obviously, they turned out better than I could have imagined.

For our wedding, Kay was so helpful in coordinating the appropriate timeline for photos prior to the ceremony, after the ceremony, and at the reception site. Kay has a way of making you feel so comfortable, that she gets the shots of you looking natural and not forced. I LOVE candid shots, and she was able to capture those moments that were real and organic.

Every photo Kay took was perfection. If you're looking for a professional, organized, personable, FUN and talented photographer, then Kay is your girl.

Sent on 02/25/2015

Jill · event on: 11/29/2014

Kay shot our family -- a group of 13 of us -- and made everyone feel comfortable. The photos turned out beautifully and we will cherish them forever.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Lauren · Married on 11/15/2014

Kay is absolutely amazing! I love her! She is so organized and she makes you feel so comfortable and confident for your big day. Not only is her photography absolutely amazing but she is so easy to work with. She really takes the time to listen and get to know your likes and dislikes. I was worried that it would be hard to gather everyone for pictures and to direct everyone for different pictures but Kay works wonders! I didn't have to worry about it at all. I honestly didn't worry about pictures all night because I knew Kay was there and she had it more than covered. She is also very good at blending in and making sure she doesn't get in anyones way. I cannot compliment her enough! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone that is in need of an awesome photographer.

Sent on 12/20/2014
  • User4319260 · 2+ years ago

Kay Meyer is Simply the Best there is!
    Her work speaks for itself. I knew when I booked Kay that I could trust her to get the quality shots. She is very timely, very responsive, and she brings a sense of structure where she goes. She brings fun and laughter to a very anxious bride and she is wonderful at organizing the mass chaos of family, after the wedding. Pictures are the one thing you invest in on your wedding day, that you actually get to keep forever. That being said, I am so excited to see my images, because I know I had the BEST in the business.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Jamie · Married on 10/25/2014

Kay was amazing on my wedding day. I wish I had found her before the wedding to do our engagement pics. She was on top of everything and knew exactly what to tell people and where to be. Kay And Her assistant Took The Best shots. I was extremely happy with how my wedding pictures turned out and we will use her in the future.

Sent on 12/12/2014
  • User4220343 · 2+ years ago

Kay is Amazing!!!!!! She makes you feel comfortable and confident. I knew I could count on her to get the perfect shots without having to direct her. Photography is a passion of mine and something I truly love and value, knowing that Kay will be there on my special day not only gives me peace but makes me so excited!!! She's very responsive and she works with your schedule. I must say to be a busy mom of 3 that is impressive! We Love Kay Meyer!!!!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Dena · Married on 06/06/2014

Kay Meyer and her assistant were very professional and pleasant, and did an outstanding job shooting our daughter's outdoor wedding at Southwood Plantation House. Our daughter was very pleased with the photos and felt that Kay captured a romantic 'vibe' that is sometimes hard to achieve at weddings. We can readily recommend Kay and her staff to others.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/17/2014

Kay is great at getting the best shots with and without being posed. We loved doing the engagement, bridal, and wedding photos with her and so did the guests.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Arden · Married on 05/10/2014

Kay and her assistants took great photos at our engagement session, bridal portrait, wedding & reception! The images she captured are wonderful! Captured so many special moments.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Hayley · Married on 05/02/2014

I really think you get what you pay for with photography. If your pictures are not very important to you then this is the wrong photographer for you because her work is really worth her cost. We only had Kay for 5 hours of our Pre, Ceremony, and Reception. In that time her and her assistant captured over 500 images. She was able to organize my very crazy family and everyone loved her. I am so happy with the quality of the pictures we received and I am going to cherish them for the rest of my life! Thank you Kay!!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Dee Ann · Married on 04/12/2014

Kay Meyer and her team were wonderful for our daughter's wedding weekend. She was at the engagement party, rehearsal dinner, welcome party for out of town guests, at our home for getting dressed, the church and reception/dinner. Kay handles group logistics extremely well, was responsive in the planning stages, and took time to listen to our ideas.

Sent on 04/14/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 04/12/2014

Here's the thing about Kay that makes her the perfect wedding photographer: She's on top of it. From our first meeting with her, she was as professional as they come and her flexibility was beyond great. We opted out of traditional bridal portraits and engagement shoot in favor of having her at more events. She shot our engagement party 8 months before the wedding and then our rehearsal dinner and the wedding day. It was great to have time to get comfortable with her.

She's also incredibly responsive. When our images from the engagement party were first burned on a CD, somehow the computer missed a few. Within an hour of notifying her, she uploaded the rest of the images to a website for us to download. She made it all easy.

Her demeanor around our large, loud family was absolutely perfect. She has no problems telling people where to go, how to stand, and what to do without being abrasive or rude.

On top of all of that, the images she created are beautiful. They are truly treasures we will keep forever.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Jill · Married on 12/14/2013

Kay has a true talent for photography. Her pictures are beautiful and she was very in tune with what we were hoping to capture. She has a great eye. It is also a nice feature that we were able to buy the photos and the rights to them. She was also very pleasant to work with.

Sent on 01/19/2014

Danielle · Married on 04/20/2013

Kay was absolutely wonderful to work with! She is truly gifted at what she does. Before and after our big day, she never hesitated to answer any of our questions or concerns. What really sold us on Kay, other than her obvious, amazing talent, is that she is so experienced. Our wedding day ran so smoothly, and a huge part of that was due to her. She does a phenomenal job of organizing each picture quickly & efficiently, and also catching some superb candid shots. I never once felt stressed about timing or getting a certain picture or pose because I knew Kay was taking care of it. After our wedding, we received our disc of pictures promptly, and she has been great with helping us order prints and designing our wedding book. I don't know of anyone else who could've captured our wedding day as perfectly as she did. I'm absolutely positive Kay will be taking pictures of our family for many years to come.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Joy · Married on 04/13/2013

Kay is amazing and patient and captured our wedding perfectly , she is incredibly talented and love her photography style. Your wedding is not complete without her ! None of your guests need nor should have cameras as she captures the best shots and lots of them.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Kay Meyer Photography's reply:

Thank you! I truly love what I do. It was a pleasure photographing your wedding!!

Jennie · Married on 03/30/2013

Kay was AMAZING! She did my engagement and wedding pics and I couldn't have asked for anything better. She is so good at what she does that she makes you feel so comfortable at picture taking and not awkward. Having Kay as your photographer will give you one less thing to stress over. Thanks kay!:)
    Jennie White

Sent on 06/11/2013

Laura · Married on 03/10/2012

I am so glad I choose Kay Myers as my photographer. I know when I look back at these pictures years from now with my grandchildren I will remember every moment she captured. Each picture speaks 1000 words.

Sent on 04/07/2012

Sarah · Married on 02/25/2012

Kay is absolutely wonderful! She photographed my wedding at Carillon Beach, Florida, in February 2012. The pictures were beautiful and I have had numerous people tell me that the photos are some of the most beautiful wedding pictures that they have ever seen. Kay made my husband and I feel at ease, she went above and beyond what I have ever seen from a wedding photographer (I have been a bridesmaid in too many weddings to count), and she had our photos edited and uploaded for us to view a week and a half after our wedding! It is very difficult to chose a photographer, especially for special events like a wedding, but you can be confident you will have gorgeous wedding pictures that you will cherish for the rest of your life if you choose Kay Meyer Photography to document your wedding.

Sent on 03/10/2012

Marion · Married on 06/25/2011

Thank you .....Thank you .....Thank you .... Kay is fabulous, we could not have hoped for more perfect photographer for our daughters wedding. She was so easy to work with from beginning to end. She captured the exact feel of the day that Laurel and Adam wanted for their wedding. We can't stop looking at the pictures. They immediately transport us back to the day and all joy we felt, from wedding prep through the newlyweds departure. I can't put into words how thrilled we are with the memories created by Kay's expert eye! Thank you.... Thank you..... Thank you.....

Sent on 07/23/2011

DeVere · Married on 06/12/2011

Kay Meyer did a phenomenal job photographing my daughter's wedding. Her willingness to take all of the requested shots, as well as her creativity in coming up with some really special ones, has given us reminders of a very special day that we will be able to re-live for a lifetime. I don't know how anyone could do a better job.

Sent on 02/07/2012
  • W

Carol · Married on 04/09/2011

As the mother of the bride, it was important to me that the photographer was available to answer my questions promptly, and capture my daughter's special day from beginning to end. Kay was that person. She was so great to work with. She was fun and quickly put everyone in the wedding party at ease. The photos are absolutely gorgeus! I would highly recommend Kay Meyer Photograhy.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Meredith · Married on 04/09/2011

Kay was absolutely fantastic. There are no words to express how happy we are with the wedding photos. One of the (many) pieces of advice that I was given when planning my wedding was to spend money on photography - it is the one thing you can look back on years from now to remember your special day. I am so, so happy that I took their advice and booked Kay for the unlimited package (which includes engagement pictures, rehearsal dinner, and unlimited coverage on the day of the wedding). We have the whole special weekend recorded in such a beautiful way and I love showing off the pictures to everyone. We get nothing but complements from friends, family, other photographers...

As a photographer, Kay is not only talented in the finished product but in her poise and attentiveness while taking pictures. I felt completely at ease and beautiful while Kay was there; she was so funny and fit right in with my crazy bridal party! We had a lot of fun taking pictures and she made me feel calm and excited about the day. She and her assistant knew exactly what to do and captured everything I could have asked for. I am not big on posed photos - as I mentioned before the day in her comprehensive survey - and wanted mostly "in the moment" pics. Kay listened to what I wanted and took fantastic shots of us and our guests.

I live in NYC (I am from Tallahassee), and planning a wedding from afar could have been difficult. Kay was always very responsive via email and accommodating when we only had very limited time in town on one of our whirlwind planning weekends before the wedding. Her turnaround time on getting the pictures to us was VERY fast, and I can't wait to get the beautiful album she has designed for us.

Overall, I highly recommend Kay as a wedding photographer for your special day. She is worth every penny, and more! THANK YOU, Kay, for capturing our wedding in a way no one else could!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Donna · Married on 04/02/2011

Kay has a great personality which makes it sooo easy to work with. SHe is very quick and takes such pride in her work. Even the groom and groomsmen commented on how smooth their session went. Most of all she aims to please. Would use her again and would highly recommend her for any wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Samantha · Married on 01/13/2011

Kay has an amazing ability to put her client's and their friends and families at ease. She laughs with you and truly enjoys the experience alongside you. It doesn't take long to realize this is her passion, not just a job. Best of all, she makes you look REALLY GOOD. Seriously, you'll look at the photos and say, "Wow! I never knew how gorgeous I am!"

Sent on 01/25/2011

Melissa · Married on 08/07/2010

Kay captured what are, undoubtedly, the most beautiful pictures of myself and my family. Her ability to see the beauty of nature and use that in her photographs is astonishing. I would highly reccommend Kay for any photography need. Quite frankly, after using Kay, I wouldn't use any one else!

Sent on 01/26/2011