Kavan Murphy Photography Reviews

17 | Oxnard, CA

17 Reviews for Kavan Murphy Photography

Liz · Married on 10/01/2016

Kavan exceeded our expectations in every way imaginable! He was super professional, great on communication and we are beyond delighted with how the pictures turned out. I have already recommended him to our friends and will continue to do so because he is fantastic to work with!

Samantha · Married on 04/11/2015

Kavan was fantastic! He did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Our engagement photos came out beautiful! He is easy to be around and definitely has an eye for photography. He is very go with the flow and made sure we got everything we wanted photographed on our wedding day! He is also incredibly flexible. My husband and I do not live in the area and he worked with us both over the phone and in person to make sure we got everything we wanted.

Amy · Married on 07/19/2014

We can't express how great Kavan was! We had a blast with him during our engagement photo session. I have to say he really went the extra mile with us especially since my mother and mother in law were in a car accident on the way to the ceremony. He was so patient with me and our family there were a few minor meltdowns but he really took the time to get absolutely beautiful photos even though we were strapped for time because of the accident. He was very professional and I am extremely happy with all of the photos. He really captured how special that day was. My husband and I highly recommend using Kavan as your wedding photographer!

Jessica · Married on 04/05/2014

Kavan was a wonderful photographer. He was extremely professional, really flexible with our schedule and locations and our final images were so beautiful. He truly captured our day from start to finish.

Amy · Married on 10/12/2013

It was very important to my husband and me to get beautiful photos of our wedding, so we did a fairly extensive amount of research on photographers via bridal shows, wedding books, and online (e.g., Yelp, Wedding Wire, Style Me Pretty). We have high expectations for our photographer, and Kavan exceeded all of them. His photos are excellent, high quality images with great composition that truly convey the personalities of the people he is photographing. What really makes his work a cut above the rest is that, rather than just being snippets of moments from the wedding, his photos tell a story.

Kavan is a great guy – he is friendly, professional, easy to get along with, and has a great sense of humor. This made my husband and I feel so at ease that we looked natural and happy in the final images.

If you are getting married and looking for a photographer, you found him. Hire Kavan. He is ridiculously awesome.

Tori · Married on 10/06/2013

Kavan was amazing. Our package included an engagement session as well as our wedding day photos. Kavan is funny and kind and really great at making you feel comfortable in front of the camera. You can tell he loves what he does and that he's very passionate about telling the story of your day in the best way possible. The best thing about working with Kavan is that he's so communicative. He listens to what you want, he offers suggestions based on his experience, and he stays in contact with you about what to expect so you're never out of the loop.

On our wedding day, Kavan and his assistant were a dream. So professional, and we barely noticed he was there half the time! The photos were incredible, beautiful, clear, bright, everything we wanted. We would definitely recommend Kavan to anyone and everyone - and will probably come back to him for more photos in the future.

tarina · Married on 09/06/2013

Kavan was awesome. He was on time, professional, flexible, and he took a ton of great pictures. We would both hire him again the next time we have a big event and need a photographer. We have already been telling our friends and family about him. We love our wedding pictures that he took.

Nicole · Married on 08/18/2013

Kavan is incredible! A true gem and a polished professional.

His pictures capture those moments in life, that you want to hold on to forever. With his previous background in film, I understood his talent better, as he can really see images in action. Which is why his pictures are so unique and beautiful and tell a captivating story.

Kavan's packages include an engagement photo session, which my husband and I weren't thinking of doing initially, but we are so happy that we did! We explored the mountains and beaches of Santa Barbara with Kavan, per his recommendation, and have some of the most incredible pictures. He is so much fun to shoot with, always asking what else we want to capture. Kavan is really wonderful at creating a perfect blend between taking control and moving things along, but constantly checking in to make sure everyone is comfortable and happy. He is open to suggestion, without holding offense, and will actually take suggestions to another creative level that you never thought of before. You feel that you are working with him, as a team. It's a phenomenal experience!

Kavan and his assistant photographer were incredible on our wedding day. They were capturing everything from getting ready, to the intimate moments, to the crazy dancing. I knew they were there but they were really amazing at being behind the scenes and making sure they didn't interrupt any magic that was happening. They fed off the magic.

Kavan Murphy is simply the best. I can't wait to use him again in the future, and I recommend him to everyone I know with the utmost enthusiasm. Book him! You will be beyond happy that you did.

Thank you Kavan!!!!!

Luis · Married on 07/20/2013

In my opinion trust is the most important aspect when choosing a wedding photographer and from start to finish Kavan was easy to trust. Made the day easy and the communication on and before the wedding day was great. I would choose Kavan again and again and I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family. Thank you for a great experience!!

Kavan did such an amazing job! He was a complete pleasure to work with. He was always responsive and professional. His work was amazing and I am so glad we chose him to capture our special day. Thank you, Kavan!!!

Abby · Married on 06/23/2012

Kavan was fantastic! Very responsive and professional, yet at the same time really friendly and easy to talk to. I was particularly impressed that despite being really tall he was able to stay behind the scenes and wasn't obtrusive or noticeable at all, but was able to take control of the situation when he needed to (like when he was able to herd our rather large family into place for the family portraits quickly and easily). And the pictures, really the most important part, were amazing. He got some really great and creative angles and we just couldn't be happier with how they came out. I normally only give 4-stars in these kinds of reviews because I feel there's always some room for improvement, but Kavan really went above and beyond. We plan on using him for our family photos, too. Highly recommended!!

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2012

Working with Kavan was a great experience! From the very beginning with meeting him, to writing emails to discuss things, to the engagement session and the big day, Kavan has been very professional, flexible, and creative. He was very good about emailing you back right away, and being on top of it when it comes to addressing the questions that you would have throughout the process. Our wedding pictures were outstanding! All of our guests that viewed our pictures, couldn't stop complimenting his work. My only regret was not booking him for the entire amount of time that our wedding took, in order to get more great pictures! I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Lilani · Married on 09/04/2011

Kavan was professional, honest, communicative, talented, kind and quick to turnaround our photos. One of our favorite vendors we worked with for our wedding!

James · Married on 10/09/2010

Kavan Murphy holds not only a strong skill set in picture taking but he also has top notch communication skills which was very important during this process. He talked extensively about the options and his process and lived up to his word with the beautiful pictures from our special day. The process of the wedding pictures was almost as amazing as the wonderful pictures themselves. Kavan treated myself and our entire party professionally and yet added a personal touch. That combination is very hard to find. I would confidently recommend Kavan Murphy Photography to anyone interested in high quality pictures from a true professional.

Christina · Married on 05/18/2008

Kavan Murphy was a fantastic photographer! He was very relaxed and personable and added to the joy of the day. He was able to get excellent shots without being distracting. When we received the photos I was amazed with the way that he was able to capture the feel and emotions of the day. He continues to be our official family photographer and has done all of our children's photos and events.

Victoria · Married on 06/05/2011

Kavan was a lot of fun to work with. He gave us everything we asked for and more. He also worked with us in fitting him into our budget which meant a lot to us!!! I am using Kavan aging to shoot some photos of our son and myself for fathers day!! I can't wait!!!

Carolina · Married on 11/20/2010

I was overall very happy with the results and the quality of the photos. Kavan is great to work with and very flexible. If there is anything specific you want to capture don't be afraid to ask or point out, he will get it for you.