Katie Kaizer Photography Reviews

Katie Kaizer Photography 5
Katie Kaizer Photography 6
Katie Kaizer Photography 7

Sasha · Married on 09/10/2016

Katie is a good listener and will meet you wherever you are. If you're highly detail oriented - she is very organized and keeps track of those details - and is very prompt not only in her responses to your questions but also in scheduling time to meet either on short or advanced notice. She is always on time.

Katie is good at directing the wedding party for photos while keeping a low stress positive atmosphere which I love! She has a very relatable, kind, funny, hard working personality that I think will work for any type of client.

She listens to input in regards to what type of photos you want which is very important!

She was one of my favorite vendors for our wedding and I would highly recommend her and will hopefully have a fun occasion to use her services again in the future!

Sent on 11/07/2016

sarah · Married on 09/04/2016

Katie is an absolute pleasure to work with! She is flexible and professional, and very up to date and modern with her approach! The photos were absolutely beautiful, and she delivered them with perfection!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2016

What a great person and photographer! We loved having Katie photograph our special day, she was a joy to work with. Katie made me very comfortable (I'm not a fan of getting my picture taken) and her positive energy was infectious. She was very willing to work within our budget and all of our family was very pleased with her results. I highly recommend Katie, she knows how to get all the right shots and her pictures are of impeccable quality!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Amy · Married on 07/14/2016

Katie is absolutely awesome! Let me start with some basics - (1) She's very responsive. She got back to me right away. I really appreciated her attention. (2) She knows what's she doing. I wanted to get married in the middle of the day in summer. She was very kind, but honest and said pictures would be better later in the day. I apprecaited that and changed my timing. (3) Her work is awesome. The proof is in the pudding as they say - her pictures are stunning. I love my pictures, but the draw for me was her blog. I love the pictures she takes! I found one of her blog posts and decided that was the wedding I wanted and I copied it! (4) Her personality is laid-back which really helped calm me down the day of the wedding. There was a rain shower passing by and Katie kept telling me it would pass. She had been following the radar. Also, she had 8 white umbrellas on hand in case it was a rainy ceremony. I couldn't ask for more.

She is respected on the island for a reason - she does a great job! Also, despite her hectic summer schedule she promptly sent me photos. I cannot say enough about this photographer. She was really everything I could hope for. She had so many great ideas - she picked the location for the ceremony and where we would go after the ceremony to take more pictures. She was very patient with this nervous bride and I'm grateful! I highly recommend her and plan on using her services for annual pictures on Nantucket.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2016

Katie Kaizer was beyond amazing from the moment I started working with her (about a year ahead of my wedding). She was in constant communication to make sure I was comfortable and planned a fantastic engagement shoot leading up to the wedding. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful ceremony at the Chanticleer followed by a reception at Wade Cottages, and a magical parade through 'Sconset between the two locations. We ended the night with an amazing sparkler sendoff. The whole day was a fairytale, and Katie was there to capture it all. Her impeccable attention to detail, kind demeanor, and organized fashion make her the perfect photographer. She and her second shooter, Cary Tozer, were there to capture every candid moment. No amount of space limited their ability to get a great shot. They were able to be a part of the magic without being seen or heard. Everyone commented on their skillful maneuvers amidst the dancing in order to capture the action. I could not have asked for better photographers, and these beautiful shots are proof of it! Thank you Katie for helping to capture the greatest day of our lives so flawlessly. Link to the photos on Katie's blog here: https://katiekaizerphoto.wordpress.com/2016/06/24/kelly-allans-fairy-tale-wedding-in-sconset/

Sent on 07/10/2016

Arielle · Married on 06/11/2016

We could not have had a better experience with Katie! She was professional, accommodating, easy to work with, and most importantly, really listened to what we wanted and executed flawlessly on it. We wanted more natural, candid shots, and Katie delivered exactly that (even getting some different shots that weren't on the list, but are now some of our favorites)! So many of our guests commented on how great the photos came out and how much they represented us as a couple. Katie really took the time to get to know all of the people involved with the wedding, so she was able to pick up on subtle cues and go above and beyond to get some great shots. She seemed to be everywhere at once throughout the night! Katie was calm and handled all of the unexpected obstacles throughout the day and joined in on our fun, relaxed vibe. On top of that, we had a quick turnaround on the photos, which was so fun. We are extremely happy to have worked with Katie and would absolutely suggest her to anyone else.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Sent on 08/03/2016

Carlotte · Married on 06/04/2016

"Katie was wonderful to work with from start to finish. We chatted on the phone or met in person multiple times over the course of a year and a half leading up to the wedding. She was very attentive to details, knew best shooting locations on the island as a native Nantucketer, and made a clear effort to get to know us as a couple in order to reflect our relationship in the photographs (which she did). During the actual day, she kept us laughing, and our bridal party kept commenting on how fun and organized she was without being pushy or overbearing. Katie turned around the final suite of photographs in a very short period of time, and we were all--from family to friends--extremely pleased with her work. She captured the spirit of the wedding: personal, intimate, but also incredibly joyful, energetic, and fun. Everyone who has seen the photographs has said how gorgeous they are, and we couldn't agree more! I highly recommend Katie to any bride and groom--you will not be disappointed!"

Sent on 01/23/2017

Katie did an absolutely phenomenal job photographing our wedding elopement in Nantucket over Christmas Stroll! I feel extremely lucky that I was able to work with such a helpful, easy going, and considerate person to create the intimate and magical experience we envisioned for ourselves. It was the most wonderful day of my life and Katie captured the emotion and excitement of the day so perfectly that each time I look at my photos, I feel the way I did that day all over again. Katie's skill comes through in every photograph she takes; my photographs are artistically stunning and go beyond the standard wedding photos I've seen elsewhere. Through the whole process, Katie was easy to reach out to and extremely knowledgeable and helpful in planning all the last minute details for our elopement. I hope that she will be around for years to come and available to share in the important moments of our life together. I could not recommend her more to other couples looking for a photographer for their wedding.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Katie was so easy and fun to work with! She really listened when we asked for some different locations with a lot of architectural and nature themed charm. My Husband is not a big fan of photos but Katie had him laughing and smiling the whole day through, it was effortless with her. Thank you Katie for capturing all of our special moments on our wedding day, it was sheer perfection!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Katie shot our engagement session in Nantucket, MA in July 2015. When we made the decision to get married in New Jersey, we knew we wanted to do something special to make Nantucket a part of our celebration. Our shoot with Katie was just that! From the second we connected with her she was flexible and helpful. Most importantly, she was so personable and really wanted to know our story and capture it in her photos. She made us feel completely at ease taking the most perfect shots and did an amazing job of not making any of the photos look or feel staged. We visited so many of our favorite places on the island and Katie's enthusiasm for each location made the hours fly by and feel effortless. After the shoot, she was professional and timely in getting us a sneak peak photo, a blog post and our full set of photos with various options for printing. We couldn't recommend Katie more and hope to see her again soon in ACK!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Haley · Married on 10/04/2015

Working with Katie was by far the best decision we made when planning our Fall wedding in Nantucket. From the moment we met over the phone, I knew from the sincerity and kindness in her voice that she was the person I would want by my side on my wedding day. Planning a destination wedding can be difficult. However, Katie always made herself available to us and was quick to respond to emails, phone calls and texts. Katie was willing to answer any questions, offer bits of advice, and provided us with numerous recommendations throughout the planning process. I immediately trusted her judgment and knew I would have complete faith in her on the day of our wedding. When I finally met her in person, I felt like we were already old friends!

Katie is also a Nantucket native and therefore knew all of the best spots to take us on our wedding day. There was a chance of rain on the big day, so Katie made a point to call me early in the week and even met with us in person to discuss a rain plan. She is so reassuring and sweet and really has a way of putting you at ease even if the circumstances become stressful. Although it didn't end up raining, I know that the photographs would have turned out just as stunning!

Looking back at my wedding album, I continue to be amazed by the way that Katie was able to capture so many moments that I otherwise may have missed. When I look at these photographs, they are not only beautiful, but they tell our story. Katie is amazingly talented and creative and you can easily see this through her work. More importantly, she is an incredible person who you will want by your side on such a momentous day. I cannot recommend her enough, she is simply the BEST!

Sent on 02/02/2016

Meaghan · Married on 09/19/2015

I can not say enough about Katie and her second shooter Cary, they were both amazing! We have gotten so many compliments about our photos. Not only were they able to capture beautiful portraits they really captured the life of the day. My favorite photos are of our guests having a great time on the dance floor, I can't help but smile and get taken back to the whole day every time I look through the pictures. Katie on a professional level was amazing to work with as well! She had multiple calls with me prior to the wedding to get an understanding of how I expected the day to go and helped arrange the timeline of our photos so we wouldn't be rushed throughout the day and get all the pictures we were hoping for without being taken away from our guests. She is a trooper too, our rehearsal dinner started with a ride on a boat and she hopped right on and was climbing over everything to get some amazing photos, not to mention on our wedding ceremony she jumped up on the roof (with permission) to get some amazing shots of everyone enjoying the cocktail hour. I really can not say enough good things about our experience I would highly recommend Katie to any couple!

Sent on 03/15/2016

Kendra · Married on 09/12/2015

We absolutely loved working with Katie Kazier, and would give her (and her second shooter) 10 stars if we could! Not only is she an amazingly talented photographer, she is incredibly professional, responsive and such a happy person who clearly loves what she does!! We hired her for an engagement session, our rehearsal event at the Dreamland Theater and the wedding day itself (reception at The Whaling Museum), and have the most beautiful photographs from each session (we've received so many compliments and could not be happier with the quality). Katie was really helpful in selecting locations for the photos for our engagement session and first look photos. She knows Nantucket really well and is always focused on getting the best possible shot. Katie is also really flexible...when we asked if we could bring our dog Belle for the engagement photos, she said "no problem, I love dogs." When we said we're going to have 5 flower girls and 2 ring bearers in the wedding party, she said "no problem, kids are so much fun!" We talked and met several times leading up to the wedding, and each time she was easy to reach, very responsive and so helpful. She even came to our ceremony venue the week of the wedding at the time of our ceremony to check the position of the sun and help us think about how to set up the benches. We consider ourselves very lucky that she was available for our date, and are thrilled with the quality of her work.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Breanne · Married on 07/12/2015

We had a small summer wedding on Nantucket in July 2015, and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer than Katie Kaizer!!

For us, photography was high up on our list of priorities. So, I started the search early (over a year before the wedding date), and stumbled upon Katie's website. I fell in love with one of her signature photos where the bride and groom are standing under sparklers at night. I decided to email her since my fiance and I were on the island at the time, not really knowing what to expect. Katie called back within 30 minutes of my hitting send, which we would soon learn was typical for her : )

We met for coffee the following morning, and Katie immediately put our minds at ease with her knowledge of the complex summer lighting patterns. Furthermore, she grew up on the island, and had what seemed like endless ideas of unique shots we could take both on Main Street and throughout the island. Finally, she knew a lot of people who made Nantucket's wedding-season a success, and even offered to connect us with other vendors. We went with Katie because she clearly had the knowledge and energy to make our wedding photos feel like they were one-of-a-kind; a hard thing to accomplish in one of the wedding hotspots of New England.

I also appreciated that although our wedding was small (45 people), there were a few big personalities present on our day, and we really needed someone who could manage everyone for the group photos. She did so seamlessly and (I think) even tricked our most challenging guests into thinking it was fun : )

During our reception at the White Elephant, she even saw a boat come in and realized she knew the owner...so we got a couple of really cool shots of us on the boat's bow. She was also able to capture our moving target of a black Lab and made it look like we planned it! I really cannot say enough about how positive of an experience she gave us, and you will not be disappointed if you choose Katie!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Christine · Married on 06/27/2015

Katie was an absolute pleasure to work with! We knew from the moment we spoke to her on the phone that she was going to be our wedding photographer. Her warm, professional, fun, and easy going personality were a perfect match for my husband and I. She brings a positive energy, a can-do spirit, and a smile to her job. It is contagious to be around her - I have even kept in touch with her after the wedding, she is an absolute joy of a person to know.

When our photos came back (turnaround was incredibly quick!) we were blown away! Katie's photography skills are impeccable. We are so grateful to have worked with someone as talented and amazing as she.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Kathleen · Married on 06/22/2015

My husband and I decided to elope to Nantucket, just the two of us! A friend of mine honeymooned at the Wauwinet and recommended we get married at the beautiful inn. Now to pick a photographer who was willing to shoot a small venue with the enthusiasm of shooting large wedding. The answer, Katie Kaizer. I saw her work on her blog and called her immediately. Her infectiously happy personality told me we picked the right person. She frequently checked in with us and every conversation was like talking to an old friend. She recommended Flowers on Chestnut for my bouquet and they were BEAUTIFUL. The fact that she wanted to meet for coffee when we arrived on the island gave me the confidence we were in great hands. She made our extra special day even more special. She made us feel very special and her photos were phenomenal. She captured exactly how we felt that day, ecstatically happy. Thanks Katie!!!

Sent on 08/11/2015
  • User5420834 · 2+ years ago

Katie photographed our wedding at Brant Point on June 21, 2015. She did an amazing job! From the beginning, Katie was an invaluable resource about Nantucket, providing suggestions on accommodations and other vendors. The day of our wedding was quite stormy for most of the day and Katie and I spoke often throughout the weekend about what we should do. She was so helpful, supportive, and even flexible (offering to change the time if that would help) and in the end, we were able to have the wedding that we wanted, in the venue we wanted, with a post-storm sky as a gorgeous backdrop. The shots that Katie set up were interesting, unique, and fun, and the quality of the photos was so unbelievably beautiful. We can't believe she made us look so good : ) and captured the feeling of our wedding so well. I would unhesitatingly recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Meri · Married on 06/07/2015

I could not have asked for better pictures from my wedding. Katie did a great job and brought along Kathryn who was equally amazing. I absolutely love my wedding pictures! Nantucket may have multiple choices for wedding photography but I wouldn't choose anyone other than Katie Kaizer! We had a small intimate wedding at the Wauwinet and Katie picked the most beautiful spots for our pictures. She also went to great lengths to get some good shots, even getting in to the water, which I'm sure was not very warm:-). I would recommend anyone planning a wedding chose Katie Kaizer Photography! She got wonderful photos of us and of both our families.

Sent on 02/07/2016

Alexis · Married on 06/06/2015

When planning a wedding some decision are difficult, some are not so difficult. For us choosing the photographer, while one of the biggest decisions, was an easy one. We had been lucky enough to meet Katie and see her work before when she photographed my parent's summer White Party. We loved her work and when we started planning our wedding we knew without a doubt we wanted Katie to shoot our wedding day. Leading up to the wedding Katie had done her homework, she had met with us a few times to get a sense of who we are and what we wanted, she she had scouted locations, checked sunset times, checked weather and wind forecasts and then went and re-scouted secondary locations based on weather forecasts. Ultimately though, she was game for whatever we wanted to do despite the wind and weather. The day of the wedding she kept the vibe upbeat and fun, always smiling and laughing. She kept everything going at a good pace, made a concerted effort to get to know everyone's names and maintains a friendly, composed and professional demeanor. She had another photographer, Cary, assisting her, their communication was seamless and they worked together very efficiently. She was also incredibly patient while working with some of our bigger group shots. As far as her product, the photographs are amazing. I don't need to tell you how great they are, they speak for themselves. She has a great eye for catching special moments, details, scenes and light. She is also really great about using social media to provide you with early sneak peeks (we had some of our first shots on Monday early in the morning) and creates a blog that can be shared on Facebook. The blog was a great way for us to see and share some more early pictures. Our family and friends loved the blog and it was a way for many others who couldn't be there that day to see and share our day. I can say we were completely satisfied and happy well beyond our expectations.

Sent on 08/30/2015

Susan · Married on 05/29/2015

Katie Kaizer captured the essence of our wedding day in every photograph. She is professional, personable, talented! and used so many touches to put our signature on the day (knowing I like cobalt blue glass, she asked to have a few pieces to use for ring shots). Katie recorded the joy and love between my husband and I and our families and friends in exquisite photos. We lucked out with a perfect Cape Cod day that Katie used to full advantage....and on into the night filled with dancing and laughter. She writes a fantastic wedding blog that I am looking forward to reading. Katie clearly enjoys what she does and brings her own fun style, as well as professionalism, to the event.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Tracy · Married on 12/08/2014

Katie Kaizer travelled with us from Boston to The Bahamas to photograph our destination wedding at The One and Only Ocean Club, Paradise Island. Katie has so many outstanding qualities that set her apart, both professionally and personally. treated our wedding as if it was the most important event she ever worked on. Her keen eye allows her to capture a special moment so perfectly. She gives true meaning to the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words...". Katie's personality is flexible, friendly and accommodating. She has a unique ability to photograph her clients and capture the moment without anyone else in the room aware of what she's doing. Katie is social and so much fun to spend time with. She quickly becomes part of your family, she fits in well with any personality. She added so much to our wedding day and produced the most beautiful pictures that perfectly captured all of the special memories we will relive for years to come, simply by looking at her work. Katie is truly the quintessential "family photographer" we've been searching for for a long time! Sincerely, Tracy Heighton Noone - Groton, Massachusetts

Sent on 02/02/2015

Brihgid · Married on 11/03/2014

Katie traveled to the Caribbean to capture our special day and is a true gem. Photography is without a doubt her passion and what she loves. She is extremely professional and down to earth -definitely made us feel comfortable in front of the camera with some tips and and great direction! She even joined our final meeting with our wedding planner and gave some great advice and input... She has seen every type of wedding imaginable and still knows how to treat your wedding as a true priority. We loved her so much that we insisted she sit at our table to eat and have a cocktail with the family. She put amazing effort into our photos and we could not be happier with how they came out. Several brides have already begged me for her info based on our album.

Sent on 02/08/2015

Katie was such an amazing addition to our wedding. She was not only an amazing photographer, but a huge help with ALL aspects of our wedding including other vendors, bands, food etc! Incredibly helpful and a wonderful person who makes you feel so at ease in front of the camera. Not to mention her photographs are spectacular! She has a true eye for beauty!!!! We couldn't of asked for more.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Erin · Married on 09/10/2014

Katie Kaizer is so incredibly talented. Her work stands apart from others as she has the ability to capture the emotions of those she is photographing which is priceless when you look back on your wedding day/engagement/family portrait session photos. Her journalistic style tells a story. Not only does she capture her subjects living in the moment, but also has this unique eye to take advantage of surrounding elements and landscapes and builds these into the pictures.

Katie is very professional and organized. She was super responsive any time we had questions on the upcoming day and even met with us in person to gain an understanding of how we wanted her to capture our day as well as developed a timeline that worked best for us. She is great at scoping out locations to shoot and will find locations that work best based on how the weather is behaving (for example, when she photographed our family portrait session the night before the wedding, it was really windy and she found a spot for us that worked best where we were protected from the wind). She also found really unique spots that allowed her to capture the best light (for our engagement photos, she suggested the evening so we could take advantage of the sunset). When I look at the wedding photos, I don't even remember Katie taking the candid photos as she has a very non-obtrusive/non-distracting style (for example, the first look with my dad, the ceremony itself, first dances, toasts).

Katie is such a positive and fun person and this really made our day extra special. When you meet her, you will feel like you have known her your whole life. She has a passion for what she does and it clearly shows in her interactions with others and in her photos.

We have received so many compliments from our friends and family on these photos. Katie captured our day perfectly. Check out her blog and you will see how incredible her work is.

Sent on 09/30/2014