Katie Jean Events Reviews

72 | Charleston, SC

72 Reviews for Katie Jean Events

Casey · Married on 12/03/2016

Katie is simply amazing! I met Katie with my mom and mother-in-law and we all instantly felt a connection with her. She listened to what we had envisioned for the wedding and went above and beyond our expectations! We contracted with Katie for month of wedding coordination. She was methodical as she organized our wedding timeline and communicated with our vendor's a couple months out from our wedding to make sure everything was taken care of in a timely fashion. I cannot thank her enough for doing a flawless job on the day of the wedding as well! Everything went off without a hitch! If anything went amiss that day, I never knew about it! She even wrote US a thank you note and gave us a little wedding gift as a token of appreciation for choosing her, which was so thoughtful! Should you choose Katie, know that you will be in great hands and will go above and beyond for your special day! Thank you for everything Katie!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Dennis · Married on 11/11/2016

Katie provided absolutely phenomenal service in helping my wife and I plan, organize, and finally enjoy our wedding. Once we contacted her she completely took the initiative in coordinating all of the wedding logistics to include creating the itineraries for the ceremony and reception, pick out decorations & food, helping with the table layouts, and reaching out to all of our vendors to make sure we were all on the same page. I cannot stress enough what enormous peace of mind it gave us knowing she had everything organized and under control. We had scheduled phone calls with her (since we were out of town) and also random text conversations to address unforeseen problems - she was always incredibly responsive! Katie was also great because she gave awesome advice when we needed it, but allowed us to have the wedding we wanted. She was incredibly laid back and that helped us a lot.

I cannot recommend her high enough; to put it simply, she rocked and made our wedding amazing. Thanks, Katie!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Michelle · Married on 11/11/2016

BOOK. Leave your worries behind about how it will all get done and focus on what you want (I think Katie may have said that to me at one point) and she will help you make it all happen. My husband and I are SO grateful our close friend in Charleston recommended Katie. She is an amazing person to work with....our wedding day was the best day/ party of our lives. THANK YOU KATIE!!!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Serly · Married on 11/05/2016

I loved working with Katie!!! She was great to talk to about our wedding! She had wonderful ideas and was very organized!! I didn't worry about one thing with Katie in charge! The wedding day went so smoothly!! Everything was perfect and beautiful!!! I highly recommend Katie Jean Events!!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Chrissy · Married on 10/29/2016

She was amazing and such a pleasure to work with! She helped make our day perfect in every way and so stress free! Her attention to detail, flexibility and friendliness gave us the ability to relax and enjoy every moment without any worry! It was truly exactly the day we had envisioned and more!!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Claire · Married on 08/27/2016

Katie was fantastic! We hired her for the month of and I felt completely relieved! She made it very relaxing and unstressful! Any questions I had I could direct to her and she would talk to all the vendors for me. I am extremely grateful for Katie because I don't think I would have made it that last month without her support!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Tracey · Married on 05/27/2016

We loved working with Katie. Not only was she affordable, but she was so very helpful. There were multiple times through out our wedding planning where Katies experience, knowledge, and kind heart saved the day. Katie and I spoke via email or sitting down for coffee several times through out my six months working with her and then even more the month of our wedding. I laughed as a couple times she would call or email asking a question or even just to keep me updated on something she was working on for our wedding and I would think "I'm glad she is on top of that, because I have no idea what to do!" Her sweet and calm demeanor helped us to feel so celebrated on our big day. She made it easy to be with family and friends while she flawlessly took care of the little details. My words really can't even match how pleased I was with Katie and our wedding due to her work. I will recommend her to all my Charleston friends.

Sent on 06/15/2016

Aimee · Married on 05/22/2016

Katie was the best planner!! She really was on top of everything and made us feel so comfortable and calm approaching our big day! She went above and beyond and did everything she could to make our day super special. She had great ideas and really made wedding planning easy! We loved working with her! She is the best planner!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/07/2016

Katie was absolutely amazing!! She took all of the ideas I had in my head and put them together in the most beautiful way! She was very accommodating to our schedule and even met us at the venue early to go through the trailer (yes, we brought a trailer!) full of items we had brought to decorate the venue. She coordinated all of the vendors, created a timeline and was quick to give me suggestions that would help our wedding day run smoothly. Without Katie, I would have been extremely stressed out trying to organize everything and everyone. I was able to fully enjoy our wedding weekend and never once worried about any of the planning. I cannot express how grateful I am to have found Katie!! Thank you so very much for making our dream wedding a reality!!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Roxanna · Married on 04/24/2016

Katie, took over my vendors a few months before my wedding. I'd already made most of my choices when I contacted her but was really looking for someone to take the stress of the month before the wedding and to be completely in charge for the rehearsal and the day of. Katie was AMAZING!!! For the last few vendors that I hadn't made decisions on she gave me some great recommendations. She was both professional, involved, but not intrusive. She knew exactly how to get things done without being bossy or actually without people even knowing. She was like the magic wedding fairy! I could not have asked for a better planner/coordinator. Everyone at the wedding, raved about how on it she was including my mother! They were all impressed with how seamlessly things transitioned (we got married on the same site as our reception) and how relaxed it all was. I would enthusiastically recommend Katie to any bride regardless of size or type of wedding. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Tala · Married on 11/06/2015

Katie was truly a pleasure to work with! Our wedding day would not have been the same without her. She completely took the stress and pressure off of us and our families and made our day truly enjoyable. She is professional and knowledgeable and truly cares about her clients. I would highly recommend her to anyone that wants a truly magical wedding day.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Courtney · Married on 10/23/2015

Katie was amazing! I'm based in Cincinnati so much of our discussions were via e-mail, she took my vision and brought each element to life. Day of rehearsal we brought all the little extras that we had, runners, signage, cake topper/ servers, photos, etc and she had everything arranged perfectly on my wedding day. She was so kind, helpful, and attentive, all of our family and attendents just loved her and still are complimenting what an awesome job she did and how wonderful everything turned out. We can't thank her enough!!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Katie · Married on 10/09/2015

Katie is amazing!! A few months before my wedding we had already decided on some of the vendors but still had a lot to do. This was especially difficult doing it out of town, and knew I needed someone to coordinate the actual day. I was referred to Katie and gave her a call. She gave me a checklist and great suggestions for decisions we still needed to make. A month before the wedding, she contacted all of the contracts/vendors and took it from there. Katie kept me updated with emails each week leading up to the wedding. I appreciated Katie's personality and work ethic. She never once seemed stressed which made me calm! My wedding was exactly the way I'd always hoped because of her help. I would recommend her to anyone. Thanks Katie!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Katie was spectacular! She did everything I asked and more! From the minute we met at The Island House she took mine and my daughter's thoughts and went with it. Having her take care of all of the vendors was such a relief and she went above and beyond helping with our Signature Drink! Thank you Katie for such attention to detail and making my daughter's special day so beautiful!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Britney · Married on 06/20/2015

Katie was absolutely wonderful helping with our wedding coordination! She was very organized and reached out to all of my vendors. She did an excellent job setting up my wedding and offered very helpful suggestions! I honestly dont know what I would have done without her! She made my wedding day run so smooth! I would definetly highly recommend her services!!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Blake · Married on 06/01/2015

My wife and I cannot recommend Katie Jean Events highly enough! We literally could not have pulled off the wedding without her. She has lots of great connections in the area and went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. She was very flexible with us at all times and was a pleasure to work with in general. Thanks so much Katie!!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Katie provided the help we needed for my daughter's rehearsal and wedding ceremony. In fact, she provided the help we didn't know we needed. There are always so many small things happening during a wedding and most of us tend to think we can easily send people down the aisle. However, as I discovered, with Katie's help, there are many details that need to be tended to in order for the ceremony to run smoothly. Katie handled everything; timing , music, placement of wedding party, entrance and exit of wedding party, training of ushers(, she even had to remake some of the corsages so that there would be enough flowers for all ushers,) as well as collecting things that needed to be out of the chapel quickly. My ability to enjoy the ceremony was directly related to her presence and hard work. She is calm, quiet, and effective... Loved it!!!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Karilyn · Married on 03/28/2015

Katie was our day of coordinator and did an amazing job! I'm one of those brides that wanted to do it all, but as the day neared, I realized I couldn't be the bride and make sure everything happened as I'd planned so we hired Katie and she worked wonders! She made sure everything (and everyone) was in place, managed the vendors and kept everything under control. It was an amazing day!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Grandee · Married on 03/21/2015

As an older bride-to-be, and mother of a recently married 28-year-old daughter, I was not prepared AT ALL to go through "all that" again! The wedding date was based on the availability of The Summerall Chapel at The Citadel. Our guest list mushroomed into "event" status. There were many moving parts and not much time!
    As a business owner who works with MANY event and meeting planners, I knew what was ahead. Katie had just relocated to Charleston after several years traveling the country and building her portfolio of experience. Phil and I had seen her in action while at The Biltmore, Asheville, NC years ago.
    In December 2014, I called Katie and asked if she would consider "taking this on". SHE ONLY HAD THREE MONTHS UNTIL THE WEDDING DAY in one of the most sought destinations for a wedding! I was overjoyed and relieved when she agreed. She took all plans made to date, and for weeks met with all vendors and collaborated with my daughter and fiancé frequently to reassure them all was "taken care of". Katie Jean Speights became the "General on Duty ON THE DAY!"
    As I have always said, "It takes people like you to make people like me!" Katie thrives on the spontaneity of event coordination, space coordination, ideal people flow, and last minute details. She is ever accommodating and offers advice and guidance when asked or needed. Katie takes on more than is asked or required by going that extra mile. Katie is resilient, pleasant always, reliable in her timelines and deadlines with feedback and reassurance, and wants what you want! I endorse with pleasure her (and her team's) services and hope my review is helpful to you. Feel free to reach out if additional questions you may have will assist you in making this important decision. Katie's time is an INVESTMENT IN SANITY AND A LOCK ON HAVING A GRAND TIME WITH NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD! Grandee

Sent on 04/25/2015
  • 5.0

Consider it done!

A tremendous resource, a courteous professional, a partner in the process and a smile all the way. Katie was ultra-responsive and took responsibility for so many details, we were able to focus on the fun parts of getting married and not worry about the small stuff - or the big stuff for that matter! She guided us through the vendor process, collaborated with us on our specific requests, always listened thoroughly and when it came time for the big day - managed it all with grace and class! We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Katie for any project any time. Katie and her team made our wedding day an absolute dream.

Sent on 12/19/2019

lauren · Married on 03/26/2016

Katie was so wonderful to work with! She provided excellent suggestions for vendors and never once made me feel stressed about the big day! She was easily accessible at all times and always took the time to answer any questions or address any concerns I had. When the day arrived, one of my bridesmaids was stung by a wasp walking into the venue and she immediately had a team out there spraying for bugs. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and the entire planning process was easy and stress free!!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Adam · Married on 08/29/2015

We live up in NC but wanted to have our wedding the Charleston area for obvious reasons (and my husband's parents live there). We wanted to do a lot of the work ourselves (i.e. find vendors, organize flowers) but being several hours away made that a bit tricky. Katie was incredibly responsive to all our phone calls and emails and was very flexible with what we needed/requested (and was our proxy in Charleston, even going to see our band play another event to make sure they were good). Although we were a little stressed due to some late flower arrivals, she was extremely helpful both the day before and the day of the wedding. We never had to worry once on our wedding day and were even more impressed when we woke up the next morning to find everything neatly boxed back up for us to take with us. Choosing Katie was the best decision we could've made!

Sent on 12/29/2015