Katie Jean Events Reviews

72 | Charleston, SC

72 Reviews for Katie Jean Events

• Suzanne

Suzanne Carswell · Married on 09/08/2018

Fabulous Island House Wedding.

Katie was the perfect fit for both our daughter and for us. With the groom’s family in the upstate, us in the midlands and our daughter newly in Charleston, Katie managed to coordinate with us and manage all the arrangements with calm professionalism and aplomb. Her insight regarding vendors saved us both time and money and she was always very conscious of the budget we had set. We couldn't be happier that we found her and unreservedly recommend her!

Sent on 12/25/2018

Erin · Married on 06/16/2018

We used Katie for our wedding on 6/16/2018 and she was absolutely amazing! From the beginning she communicated timely and was very professional. The day of our wedding she worked so hard from the beginning of the day until we made our exit and made me feel at ease. I did not have to worry about a thing the day of our wedding and as a bride that is the best feeling I could've ever asked for. If you need any wedding needs be sure to hire Katie!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Colleen · Married on 06/09/2018

Having Katie as our day-of/month-out coordinator was hands down the best decision we made during the whole wedding planning process. I truly can't say enough good things about her. She is SO on top of things, so detail oriented, quick to respond, so organized, cool/calm/collected, and just a kind and friendly person that you want to be around. Katie was of so much help with vendors, the ceremony outline, the layout, the timeline, ideas for decorating, and SO MANY details that we would never think of.

Day of the wedding things ran so smoothly. We unfortunately did get rain the day of the wedding and therefore had to make some changes. Katie helped us to make an informed decision about moving the ceremony inside the tent. She and her team did this SO quickly and worked with the rest of the vendors to ensure it was done right and well. When I walked down the aisle it looked BEAUTIFUL and so many guests did not even know we had to move it. The rest of the evening went SO smoothly and that was completely due to her. A lot of guests have told us that we had one of the most organized weddings and that is such a compliment but a direct reflection on her work.

Without sounding so cheesy, we truly had the perfect day. I know for a fact we would not have been able to say this had we not had her planning, expertise, and organization. I cannot recommend Katie enough. You will not find another coordinator at her pricing with her level of quality.

Sent on 07/21/2018

Emily · Married on 05/18/2018

Katie was wonderful to work we. We booked her for the month-of package and received much more help and guidance along the way than expected. Her vendor recommendations were all wonderful, and the day was perfect thanks to her thoughtfulness and preparedness. We would highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Margie · Married on 05/12/2018

Katie was great! I can not explain in this short review, how wonderful it was to have her. We hired Katie for the day of and she was perfect. You will love her! She is very calm and collected and makes you feel like you have everything under control. She seemed to know what I was thinking and how I wanted the day to go from the start. She kept me on schedule and made sure I had everything in order before the big day. We literally dropped all our ceremony items, decor items, photos, display items, candles, centerpieces in pieces, alcohol and wedding favors off in unorganized boxes and she put everything together perfectly!

Katie did way more than expected. She organized with the florist to drop off bouquets for the chapel and receptionist centerpieces and she set them up herself. We had our cupcakes dropped off and Katie set them up in a beautiful display. It was very stress free for everyone involved which is how your wedding day is supposed to be. I was able to spend the entire day getting ready with family and friends and know that the ceremony and the reception would be wonderful! And most importantly, we were able to spend time celebrating with our loved ones without a worry. I cannot thank Katie Jean Events enough and highly recommend her!

Photo explanations: She controlled my 4 nieces and nephews and organized for them to put their hands in the pockets, which everyone loved! She helped my bridesmaids bustle my dress when no one had a clue! She set up everything !!

Sent on 07/31/2018
  • Corine

Corine · Married on 05/04/2018

Katie seriously made the wedding planning process easy and fun! There are so many little things that I would have never thought of and Katie already had them handled. The day of my rehearsal dinner and wedding Katie went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. There is no better person to do the job and make sure it is done correctly. The day would have not been the same without having her on our team to know we had no reason to worry. There are not enough thank yous in the world for Katie!!

Sent on 06/03/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/24/2018

Katie did an excellent job assisting, planning and executing our wedding not only the day of but also before and after our big day! She goes above and beyond in all aspects of wedding planning and makes sure everything runs smoothly the day of! There is absolutely no way we could have pulled our wedding off without her. She recommended the best caters, photographers, rentals, florists with many options within our budget. She is amazing and so happy she was part of our day! If you are thinking about booking her to assist with your wedding, stop reading and book her!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Ali · Married on 03/11/2018

Katie is an unbelievable person and wedding planner. I could not have imagined a better or more perfect person to keep me together during the planning period. She was always calm and knew exactly who to contact about everything. She researched who would be the best bang for our buck, including finding us a bar that we would have a full bar for the same price as beer and wine at another. She kept up with all our vendors and always updated everyone. She really went above and beyond on EVERYTHING!
    She totally held it together as I freaked about the rain and stayed extremely calm contacting all vendors so I would not have any more stress on my plate the week of the wedding.
    The day of the wedding, she was an absolute dream. She arrived way before we got there to get ready. When I arrived she was already setting up. She was involved in everything insuring the most perfect day. Katie made sure to think of everything including tape for our guest book that I forgot. Our day was amazing thanks to Katie! If I had to do it all over again, Katie would be my number one girl!
    There is no way we could ever repay her for all she did for us!
    KATIE IS A MUST OF EVERYONE

Sent on 03/23/2018

Sarah · Married on 11/11/2017

Without Katie our wedding would not have been the same. She made sure everything went smoothly as scheduled so we did not have to think about anything the day of the wedding. She arranged the decor and cake exactly as we envisioned and even gave us a few suggestions along the way that really made a difference. Everything was perfect! I would highly recommend Katie to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator. She is the best!

~ Tony and Sally Price (11/11/17)

Sent on 12/06/2017

Cara · Married on 11/02/2017

Wow…where to begin with Katie. She is AMAZING, and both my husband and I truly believe our wedding wouldn’t have been such a memorable experience if it weren’t for her. Katie is ON IT. No detail is too small for her, and it’s this quality that makes her so awesome…well, one of the reasons why she’s awesome :). Even brides who think they’ve planned it all will find on their wedding day that they haven’t. Katie was there to swoop in and make sure everything was seamless. She was one step ahead, knew what we needed before we needed it, and was able to roll with changes and be flexible. Katie helped us to execute our vision perfectly – we were absolutely floored when we showed up to our reception and saw what she’d put together. Besides her amazing planning and execution, Katie is a genuinely great person. She’s laidback, sweet, fun and totally devoted to her brides. Katie was a wedding investment that we were so happy to have made. We’d recommend her to anyone – you won’t regret it!! She’s the best!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Diann · Married on 10/15/2017

Katie Jean was a tremendous help with everything to do with the wedding. She made additions to the wedding cake table, adding candles, and redid the wedding cake decorations by adding the topper which we added at the last minute, having to redo the flowers in a different way to make it work. She did everything in a very professional way and I only wish I had known about Katie Jean Events when my other two daughters got married. Diann Wood

Sent on 11/30/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2017

There are no words to describe how amazing Katie was for my wedding day!! From the minute I booked her until the very end, she was there to help with anything and everything. She helped out with all of my vendors, gave me amazing suggestions along the way and ensured everything went smoothly. When I couldn't find a vendor to put a dance floor on the sand, she went above and beyond and found a company that would do so. She took care of everything during my wedding day, and everything turned out perfectly. Katie was by far the best vendor that I booked for my wedding, and the reason I was so calm before and during my wedding day. THANK YOU KATIE!!! If you book her, I 100% guarantee you will not be disappointed and totally at ease throughout the wedding process. She is literally the BEST!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Sean · Married on 09/30/2017

Made the day super easy. Highly recommend her!

Travis · Married on 09/23/2017

Katie is an incredible wedding planner who was always immediately responsive and maintained constant contact with our venue, band, vendors, and surely plenty others that I never even knew about. In the months leading up to the wedding, Katie often had problems solved before we even called to ask about them, and no issue was too big or too small to get her full attention. On wedding day, she was behind the scene on virtually every part of the ceremony and reception, ensured we both had time to eat and drink, and tended to every request quickly and without question. Katie is awesome and we would recommend her to anybody.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Dorothy · Married on 09/09/2017

I cannot say enough positive things about Katie Jean! Katie Jean is a talented, creative and truly professional wedding planner. Creatively, she understood what we were going and helped guide us towards ideas that we loved, but would have never, ever thought of on our own. She has such a deep knowledge of the vendors and their work in the area, that brought tons of ideas to the table. In terms of logistics, she was responsive, professional and incredibly organized. She graciously kept all of us on track throughout the process and not one detail was dropped. As unexpected problems came up, she would calmly solve them before I had even heard about them. I got to truly enjoy my engagement and wedding because Katie had everything under control, and she had a fun, patient attitude throughout. Do yourself (and your future spouse) favor and hire her!

Pamela · Married on 07/02/2017

My daughter got married on July 2, 2017. We used Katie Jean Events as a day planner. Katie was not just a day planner she was our planner for 10 months. She was always reading and willing to help no matter what she was doing. On my daughters wedding day I felt calm and no stress. I knew that Katie had everything under control. She watched over everyone making sure everything was perfect including the caterer. She made sure tables were set up appropriately and in the correct way around the dance floor as my daughter asked. She was always there. I have another daughter getting married in March of 2018. I can't even imagine doing a wedding without her. She is more than an event or day planner she is a wonderful, kind and caring person. If you are looking for the BEST Katie is the one.

Sent on 07/17/2017

estelle teel · Married on 05/28/2017

Katie is the best!!! We had a huge wedding party and both of us have massive families and Katie handled them with ease. She created a detailed oriented schedule for the weekend and made sure everyone was where they needed to be on time. She was in contact with the vendors to make sure they were all on the same page. She handled the setup of the decor and the band and made sure everything went according to plan. She made the day move seamlessly and despite all the complicated logistics and the big families. The entire day was flawless and completely stress free because of her. She took a weight off my mind so I could enjoy the day. The best planning decision I made was to let Katie take over!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Natalie · Married on 05/06/2017

If you are going to invest in anything for your wedding, it should be on your coordinator. We could not have done this wedding wothought Katie. She made everything so easy and seamless. She gave us recommendations for every vendor (which they all turned out to be amazing) and made sure we were on track throughout the whole process. She was willing to meet or talk whenever we needed her. Highly recommend her!!

• W

Whitney · Married on 04/14/2017

Katie was amazing! So easy to work with. She helped me feel relaxed and less worried about all details! She was a huge help with the planning. For the day of, she was excellent! She kept things moving so smoothly. Not one thing went wrong. She also made sure we were both taken care of that entire day! I can't say enough good things about Katie!!
    Would totally recommend her over and over again!

Sent on 07/05/2017
  • Ayla

Ayla · Married on 04/08/2017

I honestly don't even know where to begin. Katie was absolutely amazing. She handled everything in a fashionable and professional level. I can not thank her enough for everything she did for us to make sure our wedding was PERFECT. Katie definitely went above and beyond and made our night memorable. Katie not only became our wedding planner, she became a friend. I would recommend Katie to ANYONE who is looking for a planner. ??

Sent on 04/10/2017

Donna · Married on 03/18/2017

Hiring Katie to do full planning for my daughter, Taylor's, March 2017 was the single best decision we made! She has great attention to detail and is an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very mindful of our budget and in many cases was able to negotiate with vendors to get a better price than I believe we could have gotten on our own. On the wedding day we were able to be relaxed and thoroughly enjoy all that was special about the day, knowing that Katie was attending to all of the details! My daughter found a new friend in Katie and she will always have a special place in our hearts for making Taylor's day so perfect.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Kathryn · Married on 03/04/2017

Katie from Katie Jean Events made our wedding happen! Coming from Michigan to have a wedding in Charleston was difficult to coordinate, but with Katie as a wedding planner she made it easy. We didn't know who to contact regarding an officiant, hair, catering or rentals and through Katie's contacts, she set everything up for us. She went out of her way to make the bride and groom's families feel comfortable leading up to the ceremony and through out the reception. As the bride, I can personally say she made me feel relaxed and calm so I could just have a good time :) Not only was she a great planner for our wedding, but she is also incredibly kind, sincere, and an all around great person. I would absolutely recommend her as a planner for any event!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Emily · Married on 01/28/2017

I was planning a small wedding (about 90 adult guests) and I was dragging my heels about hiring a planner. After strong encouragement from some friends I reached out to Katie and it was the best wedding planning decision I made! After just one phone call with Katie I felt instant relief as I realized everything she was willing to help with. She was professional and didn't judge me or try to push me to make decisions I didn't want or need. I've never met someone that is so laid back, calm and easy to be around while at the same time so organized, professional and on top of emails/correspondence. Our wedding day was 100% stress free thanks to her. I really got to sit back and enjoy the day with friends and family while she took care of all the details. I would HIGHLY recommend Katie to anyone interested.

Sent on 03/11/2017

Carole · Married on 12/17/2016

Booking Katie was the BEST decision we made when planning my daughter's wedding. I had complete confidence in her after our first meeting. She listened to what my daughter wanted and helped make it the wedding of Rachael's dreams. It was a fabulous wedding and reception due to Katie's suggestions, ideas and "know-how". Katie is superb!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Rachael · Married on 12/17/2016

Hiring Katie for our wedding was the best decision ever. She is incredibly professional, personable, and hard-working. She has tons of experience and knows exactly what to do to make a wedding great. She made suggestions, was not pushy, and went above and beyond throughout the entire process. I am so happy I got to work with Katie to make my wedding day everything I imagined! I highly recommend hiring Katie for your wedding!

Sent on 02/05/2017