Kathleen Bernal Events - Wedding Planning & Design Reviews

24 | Huntsville, AL

24 Reviews for Kathleen Bernal Events - Wedding Planning & Design

Charlotte · Married on 04/14/2018

I am so grateful for Kathleen during our entire wedding planning process. We had a fairly complex wedding weekend - two ceremonies, two receptions, bridesmaid luncheon, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner - spanning three days. She kept us organized and calm throughout the entire experience with her checklists, timelines, floor layouts, experience, advice etc. She thought of things we needed my mom and I never would have thought of, and kept us on track during the year. Our wedding weekend went off without a hitch and was very smooth all thanks to her! I highly recommend her for every wedding!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

Kathleen was amazing! I had a few moments in the months leading up the wedding where I was in panic mode. She immediately calmed me down and assured me we were on track. She recommended amazing vendors, and everything came together wonderfully. I had a very unique vision for my wedding, that was outside of her typical decorating style, and she embraced it and pulled everything together into a cohesive and beautiful vision. I bought a lot of random decor pieces and left it to her to design the reception on the day of the wedding and she really pulled it off! She was also very helpful during the day and during the reception. It was worth every penny I spent! Thanks Kathleen!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Tia · Married on 06/10/2017

Hiring Kathleen was absolutely the best decision my now husband and I made when planning our wedding. She was easily accessible and responded quickly to all of our questions - no matter how silly they were. She worked tirelessly to pull all of the details together for our wedding day so it went off without a hitch. Many of our other vendors commented on how smoothly things went and how well they knew the timeline and floorplan for our reception thanks to how organized Kathleen was!

She also had so many awesome ideas for decor and offered up her own vintage candlestick collection for us to use on our head table! I honestly believe one of the main reasons I enjoyed our wedding so much is because Kathleen was there. I knew with her taking care of things I had nothing to stress about. My family was also able to really enjoy the event because Kathleen was so on top of things.

With all that said, if you're considering hiring a wedding planner/coordinator, you NEED Kathleen. She will make sure your event is exactly what you want and that there's as little stress involved. Her positive personality and organization really make all the difference. She is worth every penny!

We love you Kathleen! ❤️
    Tim and Tia Nelson

Sent on 10/28/2017

Bethany · Married on 05/13/2017

Weddings can be so overwhelming and I had no idea where to begin. Kathleen was recommended to me by a friend and so I decided to contact her. Right from the beginning she was so responsive and knowledgeable! Throughout the entire planning process Kathleen was efficient and honestly just so genuine. When I didn't know what to do she had thoughtful suggestions and did all of the hard stuff for me. She grew into a dear friend of mine and I was so incredibly grateful to have someone by my side that I knew I could trust to make my day exactly what I wanted! On the day of she kept me (and my family) calm, made sure all the vendors schedules where coordinated and flowing correctly, and made the day go off without a hitch! She even handled clean up and everything after the wedding you might not think about. Kathleen is awesome at what she does no doubt and anyone would be lucky to have her on their team!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Katie · Married on 11/05/2016

Ok Kathleen is my girl. I don't even know where to start. She is truly the most helpful, kind, honest, genuine, efficient, and organized person out there. I can't even count how many times she kept me from making some dumb mistake, gave me insightful advice, saved me time and money, or was just there for me when I needed to rant about literally anything, wedding related or not. She is invaluable as a coordinator and as a friend, and it's impossible to have her as the first without the second. Kathleen made sure to force some of my tasks on her because she knew I was taking on too much and I only now realize how much I needed that. I never would have thought I needed someone else's help through all this, but I can't put into words how happy I am that I got to work with Kathleen for the past year. She cut my stress level in half and was the sole reason the wedding went off without a hitch. She is worth 10x whatever you pay her and if I could go back and do it again I'd have booked her sooner :) Thank you Kathleen!!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Aubri · Married on 07/09/2016

Kathleen is such a sweet lady to deal with! I used her as my coordinator for my wedding. She has tons of wonderful ideas to help make your big day so very extra special! She is absolutely a joy to work with!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Lynn · Married on 06/25/2016

If you are wanting a planner who works well under pressure and makes things happen, Kathleen is the one for you. She made our daughter's wedding go with ease and style. It could have been so different as there we a lot of issues on the day - bad weather not the only one. Kathleen took control and made the reception perfect. Thanks Kathleen! Would recommend you to anyone!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

Kathleen did amazing job at making my wedding day go smoothly and stress free. Throughout the wedding process, she helped keep us organized and was always there to give her expert advise. On my wedding day she made sure every thing was in its place through coordination and decoration and everyone had what they needed. Everything went off without a hitch (even after a rainy day and outside wedding!) I would definitely recommend her to any friend or family member!

Sent on 01/12/2017
  • Kristyna

Kristyna · Married on 05/21/2016

I cannot sing Kathleen's praises enough. I booked Kathleen as our day-of coordinator and we couldn't have been more impressed with her. Not only was she super helpful and responsive to any questions before the wedding, but she made our wedding day an absolute dream. Having her there eliminated any stress I had that day and allowed for my groom and I to just soak every glorious moment in. If you are looking for a coordinator to help with your wedding, I seriously urge you to give Kathleen a call and I assure you, you won't be disappointed! Thank you Kathleen!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Heather · Married on 04/30/2016

Kathleen will go above and beyond to make your wedding day stress free and beautiful! I was able to enjoy the day and treasure every moment without any worry!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Jenna · Married on 04/16/2016

Kathleen was a joy to work with! She made our day run smoothly, and took care of all the little things so I (bride!) didn't have to think about them. She even went along with a few of my last minute switches and didn't even bat an eye. I would recommend her any day of the week!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Tia · Married on 07/03/2015

Kathleen and her staff provided us with a wedding better than we could have imagined. They were helpful, courteous, and present in a discreet manner. While we used her primarily for the day of coordination, she was extremely helpful prior to the wedding by providing checklists and giving lots of suggestions. I was able to relax all day and enjoy myself, confident in the knowledge that she had everything under control. If anything went wrong at the ceremony or reception, I did not know about it because I am certain that she dealt with any problems. I would highly recommend her for assisting with wedding planning. She is a great person with whom to work.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Lisa · Married on 06/19/2015

Kathleen was wonderful! I had a pretty small wedding so I went with her day of coordination services. She was extremely responsive every step of the way and she was understanding that I was working with a tight budget and helped come up with a package that I was comfortable with. I still feel like she went above and beyond (like returning the cake stand after the wedding even though we didn't ask her to and running around before the wedding to tweak the decorations and set up so they were beautiful and what we wanted). I really don't know how the wedding would have progressed as I had planned it to without her there to guide it. And she did so in a very professional and friendly way. She also did a great job with coordinating with the other vendors so I didn't have to worry about a thing on the day. I'm grateful to have met her and she truly helped me achieve my dream wedding.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Geneva · Married on 05/24/2015

Kathleen was a fantastic wedding coordinator. She answered any questions we had, gave ready recommendations, and facilitated introductions to any vendors we were curious about. Really, she did SO much both during the planning process and on the day of to make everything go smoothly. By the time we reached the event, we had carefully planned well enough that with her coordination, I had zero stress on the day of and was entirely able to focus on the special day. So glad we worked with her! Can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Kathleen was wonderful to work with. She had great ideas, was respectful of my needs and vision, and worked hard to make my wedding day wonderful.

Sent on 05/24/2015

Alicia · Married on 02/14/2015

I am delighted to recommend wedding planner Kathleen Bernal with Kathleen Bernal Events.
    As you know weddings can provide demanding and unforeseen circumstances. Kathleen Bernal always proved her professional in all situations, creating tremendous comfort for everyone, from the wedding party to the vendors she dealt with. She created a lot of value in our wedding and took the best decisions all along the process. Kathleen's attitude helped make the evening flawless from all aspects of event planning to execution.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Shanida · Married on 02/14/2015

Kathleen was very helpful in the planning of our wedding. She gave us ideas that made our wedding a memory that will last forever. She knew many vendors that were very professional and within our budget. I would use Kathleen again, but I dont plan to marry again.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Maegan · Married on 07/19/2014

When we started our "planner" search, we were initially just looking for a day-of coordinator. We had been planning our wedding for months, and already had some of the "big stuff" booked and planned, so we didn't think we would actually utilize a full-planning package...boy were we wrong! We loved Kathleen from the moment we met her, and when we told her about our situation, she gave us a long list of things that she could help with throughout the planning process (things we never even thought about), so we ultimately decided to use her full-planning services. I am so thankful we did because she (and her husband Antonio) were an essential part of our wedding...so much so that they felt much more like good friends than vendors. We live out of town, and Kathleen was so helpful in being flexible to accommodate our schedules for meetings; kept in constant contact to make sure everything was on track; offered to help with anything from favor creation to running errands; suggested vendors for aspects of our wedding we never considered; and was there from start to finish the entire wedding weekend. The aspect that I loved the most about her is that her clients always come first. As a detail-oriented person, I had a lot of very specific ideas about our day and Kathleen was wonderful about listening to those ideas and figuring out a way to put them in action, or if she had concerns about something, she would kindly explain the issue and we would work together to come up with a solution that appeased everyone. Never did she try to take over our day or make it about her. We got the day we wanted and planned for and Kathleen made that happen. Words cannot adequately describe how grateful we are to Kathleen and Antonio for all of the hard work they put in to make our dream wedding a reality. I don't think we could have done it without (nor do I want to think about how it would have gone without their help!) Thanks again, Kathleen and Antonio! :) We love you, guys!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Rosario · event on: 05/17/2014

I needed an event coordinator to take care of all the details on the day of my daughter's special day. Kathleen took care of all the details and made my daughter's quinceanera very special. I was able to be relaxed and enjoy with our family and friends without interruptions of any kind. Kathleen works with other vendors who are constant professionals. Their collaboration was important to me and they helped make our event a success. Thank you Kathleen and all vendors we worked with.

Sent on 05/22/2014

jose Jorge · event on: 03/22/2014

Fue una muí buena desicion contar con los servicios de kathleen siempre estuvo atenta y en todo momento tuvo disponibilidad desde contactar a los proveedores hasta el día de el evento fue de muchísima ayuda gracias kathleen por todo no sólo ayudo a coordinar antes de el evento sino q en todo momento estuvo muí atenta a cada detalle q abeses pasamos desapercibidos el contar con sus servicios nos dio la tranquilidad de disfrutar de la fiesta sin la preocupación de la atención a los invitados si estas planeando un evento x pequeño q sea te recomiendo sus servicios 100% satisfechos gracias kathleen & Antonio por toda su ayuda

Sent on 04/04/2014

Kathleen Bernal Events - Wedding Planning & Design's reply:

"Gracias, Jose!! Fue un placer ayudarte con tu evento. Me encanto conocerte y a tu familia!"

TRANSLATION:

It was a great decision to get the services of Kathleen. She was always attentive with every detail and in every moment, from contacting all of the vendors to the day of the event. She was of great help. Thank you, Kathleen, for everything. She didn’t just help to coordinate the event, but she was attentive of it at every moment and in every detail, that we sometimes do not take into consideration. Having her services gave us tranquility to enjoy the party without being worried about it. If you are planning an event, even if it is very small, I recommend her services 100%. Thank you, Kathleen and Antonio, for all of your help.

Caitlin · Married on 10/26/2013

Kathleen made our wedding happen! She was a fabulous wedding coordinator -- organized, competent, creative, professional, and full of great ideas. I'm very glad that we found Kathleen and were able to hire her.

Though we hired Kathleen as our day-of coordinator, she did so much more in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding. She met with us twice, once for planning and once to walk through the reception space, emailed me and the vendors often, and made suggestions that enhanced our wedding day.

Kathleen completely handled the ceremony rehearsal, setup and clean up of the ceremony and reception venue, and actual coordination of the wedding and reception. Her husband assisted and did a wonderful and gracious job. I could not have asked for a better wedding coordinator -- Kathleen took all of our ideas, enhanced them, and helped us realize them. I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Kathleen Bernal Events - Wedding Planning & Design's reply:

Caitlin, thank you so much for the nice review. I loved working with you and Carl! You two are an amazing couple and I wish you a lifetime of happiness and blessings!

~Kathleen

Alicia · event on: 08/17/2013

Kathleen was very creative in planning and preparing this event. She responded my calls and emails in a promptly manner. Her knowledge and expertise were instrumental to make this event a success. The thing I liked the most was that Kathleen managed every detail at the party; therefore, I was able to enjoy the event tremendously with family and friends.

Sent on 08/31/2013

Brittnee · Married on 04/21/2018

Working with Kathleen is probably the reason why our wedding day was full of fun and joy instead of stress. The moment we were engaged, I knew that I wanted/needed a planner. My husband and I work full time as software engineers and I am extremely type A. I knew that it would be easy for me to get overwhelmed by all the details and wanting them to all be perfect. We found Kathleen while searching online and instantly knew she was the one! We really connected with her 'About Me' portion. She was a former civil engineer, proud Huntsvillian, and even prouder cat mom...it was a match made in heaven! Kathleen knew exactly how to work with me so I could have control but be my life support if I began feeling overwhelmed. She helped guide us to AMAZING vendors, refine our vision, and execute it perfectly the day of. Our families felt a little odd having nothing to do but enjoy themselves the day of the wedding but that was one of the most important things to us and it wouldn't have happened without Kathleen.

All of that to say: She is the best. If you're interested in having a full planner, partial planner, day of coordinator, or social media to follow and drool over, I cannot recommend Kathleen enough!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Lisa · Married on 10/14/2017

4.2

Kathleen worked with us throughout our 2 year engagement. She was fabulous early on in guiding us to really flesh out our vision for the day and was really great at making sure it was true to us as a couple! She was especially great at recommending top notch vendors (we absolutely loved the florist she suggested), which took a lot of the stress away from making decisions since we trusted her professional opinion! We're glad we chose Kathleen as our wedding planner!

Sent on 11/01/2017