Katherine Elyse Photography Reviews

16 | Sacramento, CA

16 Reviews for Katherine Elyse Photography

Meghan D. · Married on 04/03/2020

She's the Best. Seriously.

Words really can't describe how lucky we were to find Kate. I found her while scrolling through Instagram one day, reached out, and the rest is history. I am an anxious person by nature, and I wanted to have a photographer that would listen to me, respect me, and most of all, help me. This whole wedding thing can be so new and scary! But Kate made us feel at ease immediately. We used her for our engagement pictures, and hiking through slightly muddy and unknown terrain has never been so fun. After that, we knew we had to have her for our wedding. We kept in contact for the entire year between engagement photos and the wedding. She reached out to see if we needed any help, if we felt overwhelmed. if we just needed someone to vent to about how stressful a wedding could be--anything. She became as important to our wedding day as any other part. When the big day came, I was (of course) crazy nervous, but Kate helped distract me and keep me focused on what really mattered: getting married. Everything else was just periphery. When her crazy long ten hour day was over, we felt sad for her to leave! We wanted to keep her there just to party with us :) Our pictures turned out exquisite, because Kate puts just as much love into the end product as she did throughout the whole experience with us. We now have a new, incredibly talented, lifelong friend, and I'm just so happy that I happened to scroll past her photos on Instagram.

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Holly

Holly D. · Married on 10/05/2019

Over the moon about Katherine Elyse Photography!

Kate. Is. AMAZING. We've had the pleasure of working with her twice now, the most recent for our wedding, and for the second time she absolutely smashed all of my expectations! I can't say enough good things about this wonderful woman - she's a phenomenally talented photographer/artist, she is so bubbly, sweet and fun to be around, and she was a GODSEND on our wedding day. Not only did she do a fantastic job capturing our intimate moments in the most beautiful way, but she also stepped in to help keep things moving on schedule, simultaneously filling the gaps left by some of our other vendors and taking stress off of my husband and I. She went above and beyond, keeping us sane while capturing every single bit of love and magic. We got so many comments from friends and family about what an awesome photographer we had. :) I feel so lucky to know her and to have even become friends. We don't have kids yet, but I'm already looking forward to what she would do for a maternity and new born shoot!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Marianne Q. · Married on 09/07/2019

Engagement Photographer

Kate is the absolute best! We had the honor of hiring her for our engagement photo. Both me and my fiance are a little on the shy side and not really used to having our pictures taken. When I spoke with her over the phone to schedule the photo shoot I was amazed at how attentive she was in figuring out THE best place for the photoshoot to match my wedding theme.

On the day of the photoshoot she did amazing job making us both feel comfortable. So if you are looking for a photographer dont hesitate!!:)

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 09/01/2018

A photographer to a friend

Kate is an amazing, caring and warm person. Not only did she shoot my wedding but she became a friend. Before my wedding I had never met Kate, we talked one the phone once and that was it. I though this was going to be tough..but sure enough she walked into the bridal suite, gave me a hug and started taking pictures. She welcomed my now step daughter with laughs and showed interest in the camera she brought. She took photos to last a life time. You know you have an amazing photographer when theres nothing but smile and tears. Her and her partner Asia were a honor to have. I would reccomend her to anyone that comes my way. Not just for weddings but for family, engaelgemnts and More. When the night came to an end I wanted her satu even though my time with her was up. I didnt want more photos, I wanted my new friend to hang out and party. Thank you Kate for your beautiful photos, friendship and company. I cannot wait to work with you again!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Molly · Married on 10/08/2016

Kate is absolutely phenomenal and wonderful to work with. She's hilarious, easy to talk to, and just a week before my wedding day we were texting about how happy we are to have become friends since we started working together. But beyond that, our photos have turned out absolutely stunning. We hired her for both our engagement and wedding photos and have gotten so many compliments on them. She's sent us a few preview shots from our big day, I can't wait to see the rest! She has great ideas for poses, and even got my sulky husband to smile in front of a camera, which he's not great at. I would highly recommend her to aboslutely anyone who wants a professional, yet fun and extremely talented photographer.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Cameron · Married on 10/24/2015

Kate is seriously the best. We booked her for our wedding in October, and just recently did an engagement shoot with her. First of all, she is super professional. I knew her as a friend first but our interactions have been very professional. She is very good at laying everything out on the table right off the bat, and making sure our agreement is perfectly clear. With that said though, she is one of the friendliest and most personable people I've ever met, and that really lends itself to making us feel comfortable during a shoot. My fiancee and I are kinda weird about PDA, but Kate made us feel very comfortable being sappy on camera. Kate also has great ideas, and she is great at finding new ways to make interesting photos. One of the reasons we picked her is because of her unique eye and her ability to take very candid photos. We can't wait to shoot our wedding with her!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Katherine Elyse Photography's reply:

Cameron, your engagement shoot is and will always be one of my absolute favorites. It was so fun collaborating with you two love birds! I am really looking forward to shooting your wedding next month!

Sedale · Married on 08/29/2015

Kate and her company are amazing! They did an excellent job. They have an incredible eye for photography and have mastered they art of capturing incredible moments both posed and candid. Kate and her assistant did amazing work capturing our wedding, herding people into place and all the while having a great time. They blended into the party perfectly and were a joy to have around. You will not regret working with Katherine Elyse Photography.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Amanda · Married on 07/25/2015

Let me first tell you about my pre-wedding Boudoir shoot with Kate:
    -Let's just say, I was super nervous for this photo shoot due to the fact I've never been that "naked" in front of a stranger before. Kate made me feel super comfortable from the get go. It lasted about an hour and a half. I was able to bring multiple outfits. She had amazing ideas for photos. They turned out completely GORGEOUS!

Then my wedding day came. She arrived on time! (Love that!) With a small tour of the venue, she was able to take some gorgeous before pictures of myself and my bridesmaids. After the wedding, she was very relaxed (as a photographer myself, that can be pretty hard to do in a hectic situation= Family Everywhere!). She took all requested photos from family members and myself. My husband and I had some one-on-one photos after family photos were done, and they turned out gorgeous. I just got married, so I haven't seen all of them yet but Kate posted a teaser on her Facebook page, and it was amazing. Absolutely brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to see the rest of the photos!

Kate, thank you again!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Katherine Elyse Photography's reply:

Oh Amanda, you are too much fun. I am so glad we met and were able to work together! The boudoir was obviously so sassy and fun and your wedding day brought tears to my eyes at many different times. You and Ryan rock and I can't wait to shoot with you again in the future!

Melanie · event on: 04/12/2015

Kate will make your dreams come true. From the minute your idea is brought forth, her creativity takes over and weaves it into reality. Her artistic eye combined with her complete professionalism makes for amazing results every time. She is never afraid to be silly or whimsical (or even a bit sneaky) when the situation calls for it, and this brings a natural ease and flow to any event. Please let her into your life, because she is amazing and you will not regret it!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Shea · Married on 04/03/2015

I absolutely love Kate! She was fun energetic and really worked with me to get the look that I wanted. She was prompt and handled my micromanaging mother telling her how to do her job with more patience than I had. The pictures turned out amazing and I love having my special day captured so beautifully. I got the boudoir and wedding photography package and I highly recommend it!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Katherine Elyse Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Shea! I had a great time at your wedding. And your mother was just lovely, I couldn't have asked for a better on site assistant and eye for detail! Best of luck to you and Willie! I hope we can shoot again in the future!

Ana · Married on 01/24/2015

Kate is amazing. She is so happy and fun and just makes everything seem amazing. Her pictures are out of this world. I would have all my friends and family use kate. And I will user her again soon.

Sent on 01/25/2015

Katherine Elyse Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Ana! I had such a great time getting to know you and your family during your wedding. You and Craig are so fun and completely perfect for each other! I hope we can work together again in the future!

S. Maria · Married on 08/24/2014

Kate's professionalism and general nature are exactly what is needed on the wedding day. She knows how to get everyone excited about taking the photos. Her creative abilities and overall approach was so welcoming to what could have been a stressful day.
    The photos look amazing, and I highly recommend her for all!!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Katherine Elyse Photography's reply:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sweet review. I really had a great time shooting your beautiful wedding! I'm glad that I could ease even a tiny bit of the stress! ;)

Eric · Married on 08/23/2014

We had the pleasure of having Kate do our engagement photoshoot and our wedding, and we must say she is absolutely amazing!

Whether through phone calls, texts, having to drive two hours out of her way to scout venues, she did it all for us and much more.

We were glad to have her be a part of special day and would recommend her to anyone and everyone for any event!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Katherine Elyse Photography's reply:

You know I had an AWESOME time shooting with you guys. From the engagement to the wedding, you two were way too much fun! Hopefully we will get a chance to work together again in the future. :)
  • I

Iris · event on: 07/06/2013

Katherine was awesome to work with! She had a lot of good ideas and she was easy to talk to. She also provides with great prices. I liked her so much that I will contiue to work with her in the future.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Katherine Elyse Photography's reply:

You are so sweet Iris, thank you so much! Meeting up in the rose garden for your anniversary photos was such a blast! I hope you'll think of me when you decide to take the plunge! :)

Esther · event on: 06/06/2014

We enjoyed working with Kate for our twins graduation. She did a great job! She got great photos of our son & daughter together as well as individual shots & whole family too. She was very professional & got all of our photos to us right on time.

Sent on 02/02/2015