Kate Bunny Hampson Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Dani
    Dani H. Married on 10/30/2020

5 Stars All Around!

We were lucky enough to work with Kate for our engagement shoot. We approached her with our idea of spending a day at Disneyland, a go-to date spot and a huge shared love in our relationship. She was immediately for-it and shared our excitement! We set up a time to chat via phone and ended up talking for well over an hour getting to know each other. We loved her energy and humor and knew she was the perfect fit for us! There was a scheduling hiccup along the way but she was incredibly flexible and responsive, super important with any vendor you are considering! Our day was the MOST fun. Seriously one of the best experiences we as a couple have ever had at Disney and that is saying a lot! My fiance doesn't have much experience in front of a camera (whereas I do) and I knew he would be nervous to be the center of attention all day. He said himself that he quickly forgot the camera was there, became comfortable taking Kate's direction, and he was so much more at ease than I thought he would be! He even got into it and started striking poses and hamming it up. Kate sent us our sneak peek SUPER fast and I am STUNNED by the images. I have watched the slide-show too many times already. We are so grateful to Kate for her positive attitude, adventurous spirit, side-splitting humor, and phenomenal talent. She completely personalized the experience to us as a couple and gave us photos, and a day, we will never forget!
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 11/16/2019

The best gift you can give yourself on your wedding day!

KATE IS THE BEST. Let me say that again, Kate is the BEST. She swooped in last minute to shoot our wedding, and from moment one, she felt like part of our family. She really listened to us, made us feel so relaxed, so looked out for, and so giddy all day, and it showed in her stunning photos. Every time something magical started to happen at our wedding, out of the corner of my eye I would see Kate capturing it. Everyone should be so lucky to have Kate on their wedding day team.

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Thank you Sammi! I adore you both and was so honored to be the one to do the swooping and saving! xx
    Danielle O. Married on 09/14/2019

Dream Elopement

Kate is INCREDIBLE! My husband and I eloped in Southern California, and Kate not only captured our day exactly as we dreamed of, but she helped me out with every aspect - she even helped me build the bouquet and flower crown! The photos turned out absolutely perfect we are so happy with her work and will cherish these photos and memories forever!
    Katrina Married on 07/12/2019
    We just had got our engagement photos back from Kate and they came out absolutely amazing. For our shoot it was myself, fiance, and son. We were nervous at first not knowing how a photo shoot goes, but she was so warm and welcoming, we were able to be comfortable and just made it so easy to shoot. I can't wait for our wedding day, I know our pictures will be just as great!!

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Hi Katrina. I'm so happy you like them. Can't wait for your wedding next year. It's all going so fast!
  • Ivonne
    Ivonne Married on 06/23/2019

Engagement Shoot

We just got our engagement shoot photos back and they look absolutely amazing. I’m so happy with her work and I can’t wait for my event for to take my pictures!
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 04/26/2019

Above and beyond

What can I saw about Kate? She took both our engagement and wedding photos, and we were so glad she did! If you want someone that has a knack for making you comfortable in front of a camera, and thus being able to capture raw emotion, look no further. Kate has such a fun a bubbly personality that you forget she is hired to take your picture. Instead she seamlessly becomes part of your family and friends celebrating you as a couple. Although she still somehow manages to capture each and every moment so perfectly.

It's also overly apparent how much she cares. When we found out that the botanical gardens where we had planned to do our first look was going to be closed on our wedding day due to a plant sale, she offered to arrange a second shoot with us the Sunday after our Friday wedding. It was such a wonderful compromise, and was above and beyond what we expected.

You spend a lot of time with your photographer on your wedding day, and you want to be comfortable around them! Kate makes that so easy :), so don't hesitate to hire her!

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Amy! Thank you so much for your lovely review! I had such a great day, and am so pleased you are so happy!
    I truly have the best job in the world, and it’s my clients like you who make it so xx
    Vicki Married on 11/08/2018

Such a great experience!

Kate went above and beyond for me! I never expected a photographer to feel as personable as her! All of my guests said she was not only professional, but charming, and not in blocking any views of the guests!! Now THATs a good wedding photographer! She truly took the time to get to know me, my family, and what I wanted. She absolutely delivered on all fronts!
  • Shelly
    Shelly C. Married on 09/01/2018

It's all in the Details

I met Kate at a Bridal Fair in San Francisco and her displayed photos were stunning and timeless. We discussed my destination wedding and pricing. During our conversation I felt like I was speaking with a friend as oppose to someone I was intending on hiring for my big day. Kate patiently explained her pricing and what was included in each package as oppose to giving me a brochure with a contact number and pricing like most vendors during bridal shows. Prior to my wedding I had an engagement party in which I had hired a photographer prior to meeting Kate. I mentioned it to Kate and she attended my engagement party as a guest and as a potential photographer for my big day. The finish photos from My engagement photos were absolutely amazing. Kate captured candid images of my guest and images and decorative details that really tells the story of how great the party was memories we will always cherish.

WEDDING DAY
    My wedding was in New Orleans at Southern Oaks Plantation and Kate followed the wedding party from the party at the hotel, the ceremony and reception. Kate provided a story board form prior to the wedding to ensure all the important family members were captured as well as the names so she would know who everyone was as oppose to "hey you in the blue shirt", she also wanted to make sure that my make-up was halfway done prior to taking pictures. Kate is very patient, understanding and works very independently. There were times where I saw Kate grabbing shoes, garter, flowers and staging items as if she was photographing a magazine shoot. Now moving forward to the finish products. All my photos are magazine worthy, the details from the buttons on my dress, the images of me staring out the window to my wedding guests, my flowers, my bridesmaids candid photos, the images of the food at the reception, the closeups all just left me speechless. Kate's work is impeccable. I highly recommend Kate if you are looking for someone professional with a personal touch, a quick turnaround and images that are timeless.

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Thank you Shelita! I had the most magical day at your wedding, can't wait to see which magazines you end up in!
    Natalie Married on 08/18/2018
    What an exceptional person and photographer all wrapped into one. I stumbled on Miss Kate Bunny when our original wedding photographer bailed on us and let me just say I am so THANKFUL they did. Kate was amazing from start to finish. She met with us prior to the wedding to really understand and get the feel for our wedding. Kate was fun and professional. She made having our picture taken feel natural and relaxed. She was able to capture the emotions and feel of our wedding so effortlessly and felt as if she was part of the family or an old friend. I so highly recommend Kate Bunny Hampson for any wedding/engagement shoot you can. Her photos are beautiful and swoon worthy, she is very attentive to the details of the wedding and has a great go-with-the-flow personality. She truly loves being a wedding photographer which shows in how she carries herself, interacts with your guests and everyone around her. Thank you Kate for capturing my day, and to anyone considering using Kate for your wedding, DO IT! You will not regret it!

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Awwww Natalie what a gorgeous review, thank you! I had such a lovely day at your wedding, and am really looking forward to seeing you both again when I deliver your album :)
    Karen Married on 06/01/2018
    Kate was amazing, fun and would definitely recommend if you're looking for a high quality photographer.

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Thank you Karen! This summer has flown by, I can't believe your wedding was 5 months ago now! All the best to you, Ryan and your lovely family.
    Michelle Married on 05/12/2018
    Kate was fantastic! She took incredible pictures of our event, was very personable (she is someone I would definitely want to hang out with!) and she was absolutely professional. I highly recommend her!

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Thank you Michelle! It was such a special day for me, I'm shocked there were no tears, although I'm sure if I listened to Christina's song again I would get a touch emotional!
    John Married on 01/27/2018
    Kate is a very personable photographer and made our special day even more special!! I'd highly recommend her service, very professional and she made us all feel totally at ease even though my Mum was really sick from the night before. Thanks Kate, you made our day!

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Thank you so much John. Your wedding, despite its little hiccups, went far smoother than expected didn't it?? I hope you and your family are doing well.
    Katy Married on 09/26/2017
    Kate went over and above any of our expectations when photographing our wedding. She had put in so much time and effort into researching places and times of day to take photos. Her friendly and enthusiastic personality put us at ease throughout the whole day and we honestly forgot she was there.
    We were blown away with the photos and have had the most amazing comments from family and friends. Kate captured the day perfectly and all the pictures told an exact story of the day.
    We can't thank Kate enough for everything she did for us. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer, she is by far the best!

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Katy and Steve. Thank you so much for including me in your wedding day. As you know it was my first visit to Italy, and I think you couldn't have asked for a more romantic destination.
    I will never be able to look at Absinthe again :)
    Cristina Married on 09/02/2017
    We loved her. Not just the photos, but even before our wedding Kate was able to give us so much information about the wedding day we hadn't thought of.
    She was even our witness. Great day, great photographer, great girl. The gift she sent after the wedding was super cute too

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Thank you so much Cristina. I really enjoyed working with, and getting to know, you both. I'm definitely going to take a leaf out of your book and Pinterest away!
    Miriam Married on 05/27/2016
    Kate is a joy and instantly puts you at ease with her warmth and professionalism. She was able to perfectly balance formal shots with candid moments that captured the spirit of the whole event. I can’t imagine working with anyone else on such a special occasion. Our guests adored her, too, and I take every opportunity to refer her to friends and colleagues. Thank you, Kate!!

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Miriam and Shannon - you were an absolute joy. I'm so pleased we met, and you love your photos. Very honoured to now be able to call you a friend as well as a client :)
    Kara Married on 07/25/2017
    She was flexible with time...taking pictures wasn’t a chore it was easy, she made me feel relaxed and comfortable, photos turned out wonderful!!

Kate Bunny Hampson's reply:

Thank you so much Kara! I had so much fun working with you and getting to know you. I hope your move back east is going well. :)
  • Esteffany
    Esteffany O. Married on 10/13/2019

We hired kate for our wedding 10/13/2019 and I can definitely say she did an amazing job she made us feel soo comfortable the day of the wedding. All of our guest loved her energy and she gave us the best gift of all taking photos with the zebra and camel from our venue .When we received our digital photos we were blown away kate gave us that fairly tale vibe in all of our ohotos .All of our family loved all the photos she captured. We would definitely recommend kate 100!! times to any couple looking for a wedding photographer.Her work is amazing and her photos speak for themselves.She made our wedding most memorable.Thank you again kate fo capturing our wedding