Kate Baker Floral Design Reviews

32 | Valley Village, CA

32 Reviews for Kate Baker Floral Design

I can't rave enough about Kate! The flowers she created for my wedding were simply breathtaking. My husband and I were BLOWN AWAY and so were our guests. I am still getting calls from family and friends just going on and on about our flowers.

Kate was recommended by a good friend whose wedding she did a few years ago. Kate is warm, professional and she really seems to put her heart and soul into your wedding. She is a gem!! She not only delivered the most gorgeous flowers, she also worked with us on our budget and was very creative and good with suggestions through our planning. Highest recommendation!! You will not be disapointed with Kate!

Sent on 11/23/2015
  • F

Farrah · Married on 08/15/2014

I got referred to Kate from my cousin's wife who also used her for her wedding. I was told she works with any budget and really knows how to bring your vision to life. Kate showed me flowers she arranged for previous weddings. They have beautiful flowers, very reasonable prices, and most importantly very friendly. My first time I met with Kate I was super prepared with photos and a vision for her. She totally got what I wanted to the key. I get so touched every time I look back at my photos and see how gorgeous all the flowers were arranged. Nonetheless, I was so impressed and was given the best advice throughout planning process with her. I would not hesitate to recommend Kate Baker to anyone of my friends and family who are looking for an amazing florist.

Sent on 06/04/2015
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/21/2014

I cannot begin to describe the beauty that was in my wedding flowers. Oh My GOSH! I met with Kate 2 times, and in those 2 meetings, she took all my visions and ideas and turned them into the most stunning, exquisite thing I could dream of. I love dahlias and they had them everywhere in perfect colors! My guests love the flowers, and all the bouquets were amazing!
    Kate listens to all details and gets you exactly what you want. She does all the leg work as well, vs having someone else do it. She's involved from day 1 and strives for excellence as well as keeping the bride calm!! I would personally refer her to any bride!!!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Holly · Married on 07/27/2013

I am extremely happy that I hired Kate as our florist!!! She was absolutely amazing! She was always more than helpful at finding a solution for what I wanted! Flowers were not really my forte and I don't really know too much about them, but I showed her pictures of what I loved and wanted and we were able to find something that would look just as amazing for the price and budget we had! When we first met, all I knew I wanted was calla lilies and I knew they were pretty pricey, but she was able to work with the look I was going for and our budget! I loved her vision and her attention to details! She was very knowledgeable and always honest with me anytime I wanted to change anything or had a question about anything! I knew I could trust her vision and design; I even decided not to have a trial for my bouquets and floral arrangements because I knew she would do an amazing job and I trusted her... and oh my goodness, the final design and look came out far beyond my expectations!!!

Sent on 09/01/2013

Heather · Married on 07/20/2013

I am so glad I booked Kate for my wedding. After our first meeting, she had such a great attitude and her outline document of flowers was so in-depth and that I knew I could leave this important aspect in her very capable hands. And when I saw my bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets I couldn't imagine them any other way. Kate got my overall vision right away and everything was just lovely: the chuppah was breathtaking, and the reception center pieces were gorgeous - everything just amazing. I can't stop thinking about the ambiance and flowers. Kate also works with your budget and offers great advice (based on years of experience) to ensure everything looks the way you want it without compromising the overall vision. We only spend roughly $3,000 but it looked like we spent twice that amount or more. She even put little sprays of Heather flowers in my bouquet (my name is Heather) and it added a beautiful and feminine touch. With Kate you never have to worry about those flower horror stories (i.e. wrong colors, wrong flowers etc.) as she personally reviews everything with you and the day of. If flowers are important to you, like they were to me, then you must book Kate for your wedding! Your flowers will look better than you could have imagined!

Sent on 08/04/2013
  • User3402012 · 2+ years ago

Kate created absolutely the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen for my wedding last month. I had to plan everything from long distance, and although I had total confidence in Kate based on our conversations and her previous work, she absolutely blew me away with what she created. She is truly talented and carried out my vision perfectly. She also had amazing suggestions on how to get the most out of my budget, and I have never seen flowers so full and vibrant. Guests keep raving to me about how beautiful the flowers were and I feel that Kate is a florist that truly gets it and can get inside a bride's head and know exactly what she wants. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Jordan · Married on 06/14/2013

Kate is amazing! We could not have asked for more in a florist. From our 1st phone consult (we were planning out of town) she helped us solidify our initial thoughts and ideas into something we could visualize and wrap our heads around. She "got" what we wanted before we really understood it ourselves. When I first saw her website, everything was so beautiful I thought she would be way out of our price range but she wasn't! She was incredible flexible with our budget and was open to changes along the way. She also suggested ways for us to get the most bang for our buck. Day of, she absolutely exceeded expectations. Everything was gorgeous! She even remembered to bring a boutonniere for the pastor when I had totally spaced it. Her work is beautiful and she was a pleasure to work with. Couldn't have picked a better florist!

Sent on 07/30/2013
  • Sofie

Sofie · Married on 06/08/2013

Kate Baker was hands down my favorite wedding vendor. She was SUPER detailed like me, and understood perfectly the feminine, vintage style that I was going for. She knew SO much about flowers which was also very impressive - when we brought up flowers that we liked that were either too pricey to do in large quantities or out of season, she was quick to suggest tons of other alternatives that look similar that we had never even heard of. She was also able to rent out items and if there was an item that we wanted that she didn't have, she was able to acquire them through her many sources and rent them out to us! Anything we wanted as part of our decor, she was willing to purchase and rent out to us and she even sent photos of the items to me via email before she purchased them, just to make sure that they were exactly what I wanted. She worked with us on our quote many times, revising it until we got everything down to where we wanted it and was always willing to help work with us on cutting back on cost where we needed to. She was SO helpful when replying to my emails and she was the ONLY vendor I worked with that was able to answer ALL my questions in detail in a timely manner. She never missed a detail and remembered EVERYTHING we talked about even when months had gone by! She took very detailed notes during the conversations and saved all the emails so that she knew exactly where everything stood. I was constantly impressed with Kate during the entire planning process and wanted to review her many times but I knew I'd better wait until after the big day and boy did she deliver! Her florals really MADE our wedding in my opinion. When I got to the venue and saw the flowers, it brought tears to my eyes! Every detail we had discussed was perfectly executed!! Kate is also such a sweet and warm person and so easy to talk to. I just loved her!!!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Sofie · Married on 06/08/2013

Kate Baker was hands down, my favorite vendor to work with for my wedding. She was super detailed, knowledgeable, flexible, kind, organized, and perfectly executed every detail we had ever discussed. My florals looked incredibly gorgeous and they brought tears to my eyes when I first arrived at the venue. Since weddingbee has a character limit, I wasn\'t able to post my full review so for more detail and photos of Kate\'s work, please see my Yelp review here http://www.yelp.com/biz/kate-baker-floral-design-north-hollywood#hrid:A74y4jADpEhQidRmJzjlkg\r\n

Sent on 06/26/2013

Kate is professional, easy to work with and went above and beyond for our wedding. Everything she designed came out amazing. I would highly recommend working with Kate.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2012

Kate Baker was an absolute gem to work with on my wedding. Especially, since we were dealing with a momzilla that had a certain look for the wedding in regards to the flowers. Kate was able to bring both my mom's vision and what I actually wanted in such a beautiful way that people are still commenting over a year later at how beautiful the flowers looked! Added to the fact that Kate totally stayed within our budget despite the Momzilla's ever increasing visions!

Sent on 11/21/2013
  • X

Kristy · Married on 09/24/2011

Kate was amazing to work with!!! She knew exactly what I was going for and did it so well!! She made my dream wedding come true and did more than I could have ever imagined. Kate is so very talented and organized. I wish I could get married over and over again.

Sent on 11/17/2011

Lauren · Married on 07/09/2011

I went into the wedding planning process knowing that the flowers were by far the most important to me. I was very particular about the shade of purple I wanted in my flowers, and how I wanted both the ceremony and reception to look. Within minutes of meeting Kate, she completely got my vision, and had amazing suggestions that only improved the wedding decor. Kate and her team created the wedding of my dreams, and the flowers were perfect! The purple was spot on, and all of my guests commented on how amazing the flowers were. Kate was great at answering all of my questions and putting me at ease that it would all look perfect...which it did. Kate created an incredibly detailed list of all flowers and arrangements that there were no unknowns going into the wedding, and I knew that she completely understood everything I wanted.

She was also willing to go above and beyond to make sure I had the wedding of my dreams! For example, I was set on having anemones in my wedding, but being in July, I learned they were very hard to get. Kate was honest with me about the reality of having anemones in my arrangements, but did everything she could to find a vendor that could get her a few. She worked her magic and there were anemones in my bridesmaid's bouquets and also in the reception arrangements! I was so impressed and really felt that she knew how important the anemones were.

I had no doubt in my mind going into the wedding that Kate would execute our vision! In addition to being incredibly detail oriented, creative and an amazing floral designer, Kate was so sweet and responsive. If I ever plan an event with flowers in the future, I will be calling Kate!

Sent on 02/15/2012

Paola · Married on 12/19/2010

Flowers were the most important things to me for my wedding day to be complete. To begin, my wedding was in the winter so it was already going to be difficult. Kate was absolutely perfect in making my dreams come true. She has a great eye for details, without over-doing it. She made every arrangement look absolutely perfect and romantic. She was extremely flexible. I hate greenery in arrangements and she was able to complete the arrangements without the use of leaves. She works great with budgets and has great suggestions/improvements. Truly professional and an artist. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/01/2011

Christine · Married on 09/25/2010

Kate was amazing and we were thrilled with her work! She is very patient and sweet and she not only listens to what you want and what fits your personality and style, she executes it perfectly. We had seen her past work and knew she could make beautiful arrangements when we first booked her, but we were even more impressed with what she did for our wedding-- it truly exceeded our expectations and wow-ed our guests. Our altarpiece was definitely a risk, because we had a specific idea for the flowers that was very different from anything that we'd seen done before in that venue (especially since the altar area was already nontraditional: an outdoor lawn centered on a huge branch of a beautiful old tree). Instead of trying to convince us to do something else, Kate jumped head first into brainstorming with us and helping solidify our unique vision for the altar florals. Because we could only make a rough sketch of it/there was no real precedent, we really had to trust her-- it could've easily been a train wreck in the hands of a lesser florist, but it turned out truly breathtaking!! It was exactly what we wanted, elegantly enhancing (not overwhelming) the gorgeous natural setting while also complimenting our overall wedding decor style. Kate also did some troubleshooting on our reception arrangements: we were having the hardest time finding modern looking silver/grey vessels in our price range, and she found ones that were perfect. And for the big mission impossible: We had a modest budget but all our favorite types/styles of flowers are not cheap (orchids, callas, etc), and Kate never shied away from helping us figure out where we could cut costs and how we could be creative with making a less expensive version of the same thing. She really makes you feel comfortable expressing whatever you need/like/dislike-- you never feel pressured to do anything that you're not 100% excited about. (When she made our sample reception arrangement, we gave her a bunch of notes on parts we didn't like, and she happily made the changes so that the real arrangements turned out exactly how we wanted them!) In short, she is so talented and so lovely, and we couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 01/27/2011

Rachel · Married on 07/11/2010

Kate Baker did an amazing job at my wedding. My husband and I were delighted when we found her because not only is she extremely sweet and professional, she is creative and artistic as well. Kate's vision for the florals at my wedding were exactly what I was looking for, but hadn't found yet. The "french countryside" theme we went for was depicted perfectly, and I was in awe on my wedding day of how gorgeous the venue looked. I got so many compliments from my guests on the beautiful floral displays. I would definitely use Kate again and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/29/2010

joan · Married on 06/26/2010

Kate Baker is great at what she does. If you are looking for a florist who is creative, enthusiastic, kind, and completely willing to work within your budget, then Kate is the one. I love flowers but was worried about the cost of achieving the beautiful, lush yet modern look I wanted. She is so great at helping you balance all your concerns and coming up with lots of options to accomodate every whim! There is a reason that she is recommended by multiple planners and friends! I don't know what the other reviewer was talking about because I don't believe that it is Kate.

Sent on 12/30/2010

Therese · Married on 05/15/2010

Kate Baker deserves 5-stars across the board. Her florals at my wedding were AMAZING and she was truly one of my favorite vendors to work with. Not only was she extremely sweet, but she was very easy to talk to and really listened to what I envisioned for my flowers. She worked within my budget and even gave me alternatives so I could see what was available in higher and lower price ranges. Her contract was very specific, where she outlined each type of flower to be used and where it would be set up. Kate was very creative and really "got it" when we discussed the style I was going for. When the big day finally arrived, my flowers were GORGEOUS! The canopy looked exactly how I envisioned and my bouquets popped with color. Even my guests, who couldn't care less about florals at a wedding, commented how pretty they were. I couldn't stop staring at my bouquet and wish Kate could whip up custom floral arrangements for my husband and I on a weekly basis :) I can't say enough good things about her! Thanks, Kate!

Sent on 05/31/2010

Lauren · Married on 09/26/2009

I cannot say enough good things about Kate. The first time we talked, I came to her with only my colors, a vague idea about what I wanted, and a list of flowers that I like. She took that and worked with me to come up with beautiful, creative ideas that I loved, mostly over the phone as I was planning cross-country. She was very easygoing about making changes to the plan and excellent at suggesting the best ways to stay inside my budget without sacrificing on the overall "look," including thinking of ways to transfer the ceremony flowers to the reception, so they would not go waste. On the day of, she and her team showed up on time, worked very hard all afternoon, and because it was an outdoor wedding on a hot day, did everything they could to wait until the last moment to set out arrangements that were in the sun. She even took the time to arrange votive candles that I had bought for the tables. Everything was even more beautiful than I had imagined, all top quality, and looked extremely lush for the price she quoted. Just looking at the ceremony and reception decor, I would have thought that it cost much more than it did. I heard numerous compliments from my guests about both the ceremony flowers and the reception centerpieces.

Sent on 11/17/2009

Genelle · Married on 03/15/2009

I had a difficult time finding a florist and was considering DIY. I am SO GLAD I changed my mind and met with Kate Baker. From the beginning, she was receptive to ideas, professional, creative, and willing to work within my budget. I didn't have bridesmaids and was choosing colors around peacock feathers, so I was very nervous about how this would translate into flowers. Kate created elegant, rustic, vibrant and romantic pieces that pulled everything together. For what she gave me, she should have charged twice the amount! From the beginning, Kate provided a quote with a number of different options, so that I could spend money where it was important to me and cut corners in other areas. I would highly recommend her - she is worth every penny & more!!!

Sent on 03/25/2009

Jennifer · Married on 03/24/2007

Kate Baker is the one of the only vendors that I would rate a 5 (A+). She was an amazing vendor in every sense. She was detailed, she listned to my vision, she worked with my budget, and she delivered on every thing that she said she would provide me. She was very good at communicating with me and gave me options when pricing out my centerpieces. I would highly recommend Kate Baker to any bride looking for exceptional quality and service from the sweetest florist you will ever meet. Please e-mail me for more information: futuremrslara@gmail.com

Sent on 11/15/2007

Kelli · Married on 04/09/2006

We were so pleased with Kate's work. I was planning my wedding from the east coast and she was willing to work with me and change things around. I gave her just an idea of a few flowers and colors that I wanted used in my bouquet and she surpassed our expectations. The flowers were my favorite part of the wedding, and 5 years later, whenever people talk about our wedding, they always talk about the flowers.

Sent on 06/16/2010

Marlene · Married on 10/22/2011

Kate was the easiest vendor of all the ones we used. It was an absolute pleasure to plan our florals with her. She gave us a very detailed estimate that included EVERYTHING (which is great to see on paper). Every flower that was to be used was listed and there were so many options that she gave us in order to keep the cost within our budget. There wasn't anything about the contract that was confusing or inaccurate.

All of our guests loved our florals and wanted centerpieces at the end of the night! They were AMAZING. We would absolutely recommend Kate for florals.

Sent on 11/04/2011

Melina · Married on 08/24/2008

Oh my gosh I am still getting text messages from people telling me how much they loved the florals and asking who I went with! Every thing was just perfect, she did exactly what I wanted and more! I didn't really know what to do at first and she just came up with all kinds of ideas that I loved, but the finished product was even more than I was thinking- and it fit right in our budget. She was so helpful and open that it made it easier on us since we were driving up from San Diego, even when FI invited an extra BM & GM at the last minute! My bouquet was just perfect and all the bouquets were SO much bigger than I had thought! All in all, the venues garden didn't hold a candle to Kate :)

Sent on 11/21/2008

Sarah · Married on 09/05/2010

Kate did a fabulous job with florals for our event. She worked within the budget I requested and even manged to deal with a few little hiccups. When I couldn't get the fire permit I needed for the planned cocktail table decorations, she took some of my own vases and threw together some absolutely awesome cocktail table pieces.

Also, when our wedding cake was destroyed on the way to the event, cake managed to make four store bough sheet cakes beautiful. The cake catastrophe wouldn't have ended so well if Kate hadn't been there to make the store cakes look beautiful. All of the guests loved the centerpieces and I received tons of compliments on how nice the table arrangements looked.

Kate was easy and wonderful to work with, and managed to make my floral vision come true despite the fact that I knew nothing about flowers and just gave a color scheme and a general feel for the reception. It was amazing.

Sent on 09/20/2010