Kat Ma Photography Reviews

Kat Ma Photography 5
Kat Ma Photography 6
Kat Ma Photography 7

Rod · Married on 06/25/2015

Kat was punctual, easy going, a pleasure to work with. She was quick to direct us into a pose. She'd snap, got it, then move on to the next. Gave easy drections to my husband and I, and our guests. Creative, approachable, and she had a chill/relaxed vibe. Made recommendations on what looked good and not. Pics were easily accessible on dropbox. Would definitely work with her again. Good price too. Ohh and her work on our wedding made it to brownsparrowwedding blog too! We famous haha :)

Sent on 12/31/2015

Baxay · Married on 06/14/2015

Highly satisfied with the service you provided. Thank you again and keep up the Awesome work ?

Sent on 07/15/2015

Angela · event on 04/24/2015

I think that we are cursed by the weather Gods because both occasions the weather was against us.
    The 1st occasion was our son’s newborn photos. I contacted Kat and she squeezed us in her tight schedule; it was wedding season and most weekends were accounted for. The weather had been good but the day of the photo shoot the weather turned cold and I was worried about bringing a newborn out in windy weather. She arranged to come to our house where natural light wasn’t a luxury and space was an issue. In the only room with natural lighting, we crammed into a very tight space. I honestly worried about how the photos would come out but she provided direction and knew exactly what she needed to do to get the pictures we desired. The pictures came out amazing and you would never be able to tell we were in a small crammed room with little lighting. The pictures were bright, cheerful, and perfect.
    The 2nd occasion, we decided to arrange to have our courthouse marriage recognized in the church. We didn’t have any photographer to arrange on such short notice (1 week to be exact) so we did our whole church wedding without any professional photos. Kat offered to do photos for us a few weeks after. She wanted to highlight my husbands Marine Corp uniform by doing the shoot on the old Navy base in Alameda. She pictured a sunset and the USS Hornet in the background. On that day, it was not only cloudy, but drizzling, with high winds. Kat worked her magic again and although she didn’t get the sunset she envisioned, she gave us very crisp bright photos mixed with dramatic deep photos. Who knew a cloudy over cast could make for a beautiful backdrop? She would actually take the photos and show us what it looked like right there on her camera. Without any editing, the picture looked AMAZING! Thx Kat for you perfectionism and talent!!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Tien · Married on 04/17/2015

Kat and her crew were very professional throughout the wedding. They were on time and were able to give my party and I good direction as to how to make us look good in the photos. Her photographs came out stunning and very creative! There were certain poses where I was questioning her creativity, but when I saw the result of the photos, I was blown away. She knew what she was doing. My interactions with her made me feel as though this isn't just another wedding job, but that she actually cares about the people she work with. She makes you feel at ease and nothing ever seemed forced. It is constant laughter with her and her crew. Her energy level was on full tank from beginning to end. Her quality of work doesn't match with the price she quoted me. I felt as though I am robbing her somehow.

I am very glad that I was introduced to her by one of my friends. I would definitely recommend Kat to all my friends and family.

Sent on 01/06/2016

I've worked with many wedding photographers in my career (I've been doing weddings for over 10 years) and Kat Ma Photography is one the best. She is extremely professional and responsive and knows how to make the pictures work for each couple to capture their personality. She has a way of making brides feel at ease and incorporating that in her pictures, which never come off too staged/posed, always very natural. Every time I have the pleasure of working with Kat, I am consistently impressed by her. I cannot recommend her services enough! You will not be disappointed if you choose to hire Kat, she will take the perfect pictures for your event!

Sent on 04/15/2015

M. · Married on 12/03/2014

I used Kat Ma for my engagement shoot, and was extremely pleased with her work, so I used her services my wedding. She was such a joy to work with! My husband is not big on pictures, but she made him feel very comfortable and at ease. Kat has an incredible gift for giving direction and letting people know what to do to look good on film-good at keeping them from getting stale or being full of forced smiles. For some people, it may take a moment to get used to having such valuable verbal information immediately available during the shoot- but when she lets you check out the image it becomes clear she is leading you with precision and vision in mind- and that your collection of images will be better off for it. Plus, she just has a personality to where you feel like you've known her for years and to just let go, trust and have FUN! The pictures were beautiful and were ready sooner than promised! She truly captured the beauty of our wedding ceremony, venue and the romance of the moment. I cant wait to use her for upcoming events such as my baby shower and other milestones.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Selena · Married on 11/30/2014

Kat Ma was very professional and extremely creative.

Her attention to detail and her ability to capture the story of my wedding day exceeded my expectation.

I received my images within 2 weeks and she did a beautiful job on my wedding album.

Sent on 01/11/2015

We had the pleasure of working with Kat who immediately put us at ease. She maximized our time together, ensuring that we got the images that were important to us as well as the ones she knew would be priceless. We even had time to be whisked off to the Berkeley Rose Garden to take advantage of the gorgeous day and get some shots in a contrasting location. Her emphasis on genuine emotion, rather than just environment is what truly sets Kat apart from so many other wedding photographers. The photographs perfectly capture how happy we were.

Overall our communications with her were prompt and thorough, and the prices are very reasonable. Photography was the most important wedding expense to us and I absolutely feel like we've gotten tremendous value. Thank you Kat for making our day so special!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Robin · Married on 10/25/2014

Kat was great, took amazing shots, and had my photos back to me within weeks.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Lily · Married on 10/19/2014

I didn't have to look long after viewing some of Kat's work on her website. All her pictures were so detailed and perfect! I knew then and there I wanted her as my photographer at my wedding, Kat also did my engagement photos, absolutely gorgeous! She came up with the most awesome places and ideas to match it. On the day of my wedding, she worked so hard to find what I wanted (waterfall) and one that was close to my wedding venue so we had more time to take more photos. Kat worked so well. She wasn't distracting to me or from what other vendors needed to do. She coordinate with my videographers, exploring new ideas with them. They worked really well together. You won't regret booking her!! She just worked her magic. And, when I received all my picture, she captured all the special moments. My packaged included custom albums. Kat specifically asked what pictures I would want but they were all so great, I just had her put them together for me and it was perfect! When I posted some of my favorites on Facebook and Instagram, all my friends kept complimenting and asking who is my photographer. I have referred to so many and they were satisfied with their photo shoots!!! Just view it yourself and trust me.... be the best decision you ever made!!!!!
    Love you Kat!!!

Sent on 01/22/2015
  • W

Washington · Married on 09/28/2014

KAT MA! We booked her for our engagement session and wedding photos and they turned out amazing! She was fun to work with and always made us feel comfortable. She went out of her way to make sure everything turned out exactly how we wanted. Our wedding day lasted 12 hours!.. and Kat was there with her team capturing every moment. Every picture we posted on social media received so many compliments. We're expecting our first born next month and will def be calling Kat.

Sent on 02/09/2015

Jinnie · Married on 09/22/2014

Kat Ma is everything you are looking for in a professional photographer. Her and Dorothy are a great team who come up with fantastic ideas for photos. I had a small civil wedding ceremony on 9/22/14 and unfortunately, our photographer then (not Kat) wasn't able to keep their appointment with us (we should have booked with Kat). We took videos and photos on our phone. So for our one year wedding anniversary, my husband and I decided to take photos with Kat at the Japanese Tea Garden in SF.

One of our honeymoon destinations was Korea and my grandmother had traditional Hamboks made for us. We wore them during the photoshoot and boy did it catch a lot of attention. Kat was patience and communicated with the tourists about waiting to take photos with us. We had so much fun! You could also tell she was experienced because she knew exactly what to say to them and took control of the situation. She also used different lenses to get the best shot and made sure it worked with the environment's natural lighting. We definitely left feeling like celebrities and the photos came out unbelievably beautiful.

We highly recommend you work with Kat on your next photo opportunity. Our top reasons in working with her are: professional, experienced, and patient.

Sent on 02/13/2016

MARIE · event on 09/21/2014

Kat Ma has an amazing vision! She captures moments and her amazing talent shows in her photographs! Kat Ma has been capturing my family photos, my babies photos and my engagement photos! She's not only great with what she does but her professionalism and work ethic is superb!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Ryan · Married on 09/15/2014

Kat is a wonderful photographer. She is responsible, thoughtful, creative, and full of energy. We are so glad to have her as our wedding photographer. I would definitely recommend her to my friends in the future.

nicole · Married on 09/05/2014

Kat Ma was AMAZING! She was professional, super talented, amazing with kids, awesome pose ideas. She took charge of my time line when the wedding location staff were no where to be found. Our pictures are absolutely perfect!

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2014

I found Kat from a friend. Kat had done my friend's wedding photo and I absolutely loved her work. Found her on instagram which guided me to her website. Her work was amazing! Right away I knew I had to have her to do my engagment and weddig photos. Not only that she's good at what she does, Kat is nice funny and she takes her job seriously.

judy · Married on 09/16/2012

Kat took engagement photos for us, which included our two awesome pitbull doghters. She was so great with them. The photo was also featured on Instagram's Pitbull page and received over 30 thousand "likes", because it was just that beautiful.

She covered me wedding, and I specifically requested to have candid photos of my guests, because to me, I wanted to capture my loved ones enjoying my wedding, rather a thousand boring ones of just me. She did such an amazing job, that she ended up covering my best friend's wedding the following year.
    Everyone who I have referred to Kat, loves her.

Oh yes. One more thing. I also purchased a family photo package as a gift for my sister's baby shower. The maternity photos were jaw dropping beautiful. My nephews looked adorable kissing the belly. Loved it.

If I could have anyone capture special moments in my life, it will always be Kat Ma.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Kimberly · Married on 05/20/2018

Finally, my wedding is over, and I can do a review for our wonderful pre-wedding photographer, Kat! All I can say is that it was a fantastic time we had with Kat. She was extremely professional, but was able to make us feel comfortable and have fun while shooting :) I'd say that my then-fiance (current husband) and I are not the photo-taking types, but Kat was able to make us look as natural and look as in-love as we actually were. We did a photoshoot at San Francisco City Hall, and I was impressed with how Kat knew where the good spots were as we made our way down the levels of City Hall. No regrets engaging Kat. She was also able to turn around the pictures really quickly (just a couple of days after the photoshoot itself), because we needed the pictures sooner. All in all, I would 100% recommend Kat to anyone who is looking for a great photographer who will capture your natural selves :)

Sent on 05/25/2018

Kat was very professional and prompt. She made the whole process painless and light.

The photos we got back were relaxed and natural looking.

Sent on 01/05/2016
  • User5080326 · event on 05/09/2015

Kat took pictures of our newborn (age 2 weeks) recently. She was very professional and prompt when communicating with us about setting up the appointment for the shoot. In addition, she arrived on time with her props and quickly scanned our home and came up with a vision for her setting. She set up shop quickly and started shooting. She included my 3 year old in some of the shots and I was impressed at how kid-friendly she was with her and how easily she got her to pose for the pictures. She did a great job distracting her as well when it was not her turn to be in the shots, which takes talent when explaining that to a toddler! She also worked with us and included family shots as well when requested, which speaks to her flexibility. The photos turned out great and she shared all the prints with us. It is amazing to see how she could turn your own space into a photo studio to create such lovely pictures. I recommend her highly for capturing memories and would ask her to take pictures for me again!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Brittany · Married on 09/22/2018

3.0

Capture Your Special Day With the Best of the Best

We found Kat by word of mouth. She made us feel comfortable from the get-go. Kat & her team are not only professional but fun and friendly which makes the process a whole lot easier in case you're not used to having someone taking a lot of photos of you. Her unique style, creativity, and eye for detail makes her stand out from other photographers. We could not have been happier to choose Kat & her team to capture our special day.

Sent on 02/01/2019

1.0
      1.0
      1.5
      2.0
      0.5

I really wanted to work with photographer . I advise Patience! Kept getting the run around with a contract and never received it even after asking for it several times. I was told I would get it and it never happen. I received it when I had already decided to move on with someone else. Seems like they didn't want to work with me.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Kat Ma Photography's reply:

Dear “Private User”,

Thank you so much for your interest in hiring Kat Ma Photography to capture your special day. We would like to apologize for not delivering the contract accordingly to your timeline. Please do keep in mind that your customized package and date is still available. It was a great experience to be apart of your wedding planning process.

We would like to wish you a beautiful October wedding and a lifetime of happiness.

0.4
      0.5

Terrible service and timeliness after my wedding to follow up on photo retrieval. We were so disappointed and shocked at how she treated us after she had other clients and events to complete out of state. It was as if we were not important anymore after she provided her service and she received the money. Very unprofessional tone and email etiquette. We were not impressed with the quality outcome of her work and we had very few poses to choose from. Invest more money into another photographer who will give you excellent quality and actually be professional after your wedding too.

Sent on 12/24/2016