Karl Strauss Brewing Company Reviews

Karl Strauss Brewing Company 6
Karl Strauss Brewing Company 7

Natalie · Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent wedding venue!

We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding! The people at Karl Strauss were kind, responsive, easy to work with, and helpful throughout the entire planning process and day-of. Their wedding package was very inclusive and reasonably priced. It was one of the few, if not only, venue in San Diego that had everything we were looking for and was also in our price range. The package was so inclusive that it made planning significantly less stressful. They were also happy to accommodate our specific requests, making our wedding exactly how we hoped it would be! The food was also delicious and of course they had a great drink selection. The venue itself is gorgeous, with the Japanese garden and koi pond providing a sense of peace and serenity. We highly recommmend Karl Strauss!

Sent on 09/04/2019
    Karl Strauss Brewing Company 8
  • Molly

Molly Philbin · Married on 07/06/2019

Best venue ever!

Oh my god, I was blown away by my experience with Karl Strauss for our wedding! Everything was so incredibly beautiful and the event ran so smoothly it made for the most stress free day ever. Monica went above and beyond all of our expectations to make the day better than we could have ever expected. She is a rockstar!! The food was delicious, the drinks were amazing, and the venue was the perfect backdrop for our ceremony and reception. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests and we are so so so happy with how it all turned out. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have the most amazing wedding ever!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Denisse · Married on 06/09/2019

Wonderful!

Beautiful venue and extremely professional, very quick to respond to any question you have.

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Y

Yvette Bostick · Married on 03/30/2019

Our perfect day

Our day was perfect! My husband and I both wanted our family and us to have fun! We wanted good food. Great music to dance to. And we both wanted it to be easy. The team at Karl Strauss was so amazing, while we were looking, after the contract was signed, and of course the day of! I gave very little direction to Jory and her team and they made my dream day Perfect. Our guest are all still raving about ALL of it. The customer service was above and beyond. We had a Blast at our Wedding.

Sent on 05/06/2019
    Karl Strauss Brewing Company 13
    Karl Strauss Brewing Company 14
    Karl Strauss Brewing Company 15

Katherine · Married on 06/03/2018

Absolutely loved having our wedding here! We had about 75 guests total and got married on a Sunday. The event planner was great leading up to the event and the day of coordinator was absolutely fantastic and helped everything run so smoothly!! All of our guests had so much fun and we highly recommend it :)

Sent on 06/14/2018

Kim · Married on 04/02/2016

We recently had our wedding at Karl Strauss Brewery Gardens in Sorrento Valley, CA, and we couldn't have asked for a better venue for our big day. The staff was amazing, the food was delicious, the DJ kept everyone dancing all night long, and the beer, well, let's just say no one was thirsty. Helen Patterson, who handled everything leading up to the day was wonderful to work with. She was patient, kind and very knowledgeable, which helped with our planning tremendously. The day-of coordinator, Monica, was fantastic. I had a few outstanding questions that were bothering me. When we arrived for the rehearsal, she walked us through everything and made sure all our questions and concerns were resolved. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch. My husband said it best as we rode to our hotel after the reception, "Karl Strauss killed it." Five stars all the way! Thank you so much for making our special day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Beautiful private venue for a great value. Delicious food and excellent customer service.

Sent on 02/19/2015

We were so happy with Karl Strauss as our choice for our wedding! The entire wedding was perfect! Everything from ceremony to reception went smoothly, the food was good and plentiful, the venue itself was gorgeous (which requires less decoration!), the staff was extremely accommodating, and the beer was endless! An overall great value because many of the things we would have to hunt for are included! Karl Strauss definitely made our wedding planning less stressful and who doesn't want that?

Months later guests are still mentioning how awesome the venue was!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Helen is the best!! She made everything so easy and made sure the banquet captain knew all of the details for our big day! The venue is breathtaking and the food was delicious! Nothing but great things to say about Karl Strauss!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Colin · Married on 05/24/2014

There is nothing but good things to say about the wedding services provided by Karl Strauss. Helen who is the manager of events, took every email we had and always responded quickly, even when she was on vacation. We asked so many questions... She also put us at ease when the renovation came along, we were worried at first, but after she showed us the plans we felt much better. The new renovation of the location is amazing! When we met Helen to go over the planning of the wedding day she was delightful and had it down. Almost every question we thought to ask her she went over before we got to ask it.

The banquet manager (on site coordinator) Raimi, is awesome! She worked through all of our craziness with ease and always was there for us on the day of the wedding, but not in anyway intrusive. She is on top of her game and I do not believe anyone could do her job better. Thank you so much Raimi!

The food, service, beer, etc on the day of the event was very good. Every single guest told us they had a wonderful time, loved the food, and the location. The staff even made my wife and I to-go plates, because anyone who has gotten married knows you don't really eat much at your wedding. So when we got back to our hotel that night we had lots of wonderful food to eat.

The grounds are just beautiful, the new remodel looks great.. you get way more than you pay for with the wedding service provided by Karl Strauss.. We are so grateful! This team made our wedding so special!.

Thank you all so very much!
    -Colin & Cynthia

Sent on 06/02/2014

Shiloh · Married on 03/29/2014

We had our wedding at Grand Pacific Palisades and Karl Strauss catered the event and set up the ballroom. They did such an amazing job and the food was so good! I could not believe how affordable the meal was compared to many other venues & caterers in San Diego. Mike was so helpful the day before and the day of the wedding. We will definitely go back for the macaroni and cheese!

Sent on 04/05/2014
  • Tony

Tony · Married on 09/28/2013

Words cannot describe what a pleasure it was to have our wedding at Karl Strauss. From the beginning, my wife and I were having trouble finding a wedding venue that was both our style and not astronomically priced. As soon as we walked into Karl Strauss Gardens, we knew it was the place for us.

The months leading up, we worked with Helen who was extremely helpful with helping us plan. Any questions we had were immediately answered either by phone or email. No question was too small for her.

The day of could not have gone more smoothly. Monica was our day coordinator, and right off the bat you knew she had everything handled. She brought a smile to my face over and over that evening, from making sure my entire wedding party had a beer in hand SECONDS after we left the ceremony....to making sure my wife and I had salad and appetizers waiting for us at our table when we made our entrance. Every small detail was taken care of by her, and we could not be more grateful.

The cake and DJ which come as part of the package were both fantastic. The cake was delicious and the DJ made sure we had all the music that we wanted to hear played. The venue at night is like a whole new world. We are still getting compliments on how beautiful it was next to the koi pond.

I would absolutely recommend Karl Strauss as a wedding venue. I will have a smile on my face every time i drink one of their beers now!

Sent on 10/08/2013

My daughter was married at Karl Strauss Brewery Gardens over the weekend. She chose this place because of the value and what it included...having a cake (they went with the delicious Eidelweiss Bakery) and the DJ included was a huge bonus! You will receive a packet with suggestions for other vendors, we didn't use any of these because we had a friend do the photography and chose our own florist. I have to mention Lori from Blossoms Design...she did a fantastic job with the flowers and no one could tell they were made on a budget...really beautiful! Helen, the main event coordinator was wonderful and was always quick to reply to phone calls or emails. Monica, the coordinator the day of the rehearsal and wedding was beyond amazing! She helped make the whole day run smoothly. We were able to just enjoy the day without worrying about all the little details. The staff at Karl Strauss is so professional and everyone was friendly.

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! I know the pictures will be beautiful. It's such a pretty, intimate, cozy place for a wedding.The food was sooo good, the cake was yummy and the DJ kept the night going and everyone danced all night long. I can't say enough about this place...it exceeded my expectations and my daughter was glowing all night long from happiness. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a wedding venue....you won't be disappointed. Everyone raved about the venue and the food. If I could give more stars I would!

Sent on 08/13/2013
  • Natalie Pittman

Natalie · Married on 05/05/2013

Where do I begin? from the moment we walked into this place we we're greeted with nothing but smiles. Everyone who seems to work here seems to be really really great at what they do! Helen who is the head banquet coordinator was just a delight to work with. She was always quick to respond to my phone calls and emails. I have to say with her charisma and charm it was nearly impossible to feel any stress when it came to planning our day! We where so blown away by how beautiful everything was on the day of our wedding. I couldn't have imagined it looking any better. But even better than the look of everything I couldn't grasp how they got away with everything going so smooth... I was told by many of my married friends "be prepared for things to go wrong on your wedding day, thats just what happens." Well none of my friends have been married at the Karl Strauss Brewery Gardens! Their team is on it when it comes to remembering every detail. I have to say I had so many friends tell me how great the food was and that my wedding was the most fun wedding they had ever been to. I happily agree!

Sent on 05/22/2013
  • User2007176 · 2+ years ago

Amazing place for a wedding. I had no idea this place existed and a girlfriend told me about it and it was exactly what we were looking for and in our price range. Helen was amazing to work with and Monica the day of wedding coordinator was hands down on top of everything. I have a few friends in the service industry who were at my wedding and complimented what a great team they had and they were on top of it. Not only a serene and beautiful place but great food and drinks as well. The day was amazing and I am thankful to the whole Karl Strauss team.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Dave · Married on 09/29/2012

Look, I'm not the kind of guy who ever wrights 5 star reviews, but our Karl Strauss wedding was absolutely fantastic. Perfect price, great professional staff to hold your hand along the way. The package comes with an amazing (tasty) custom cake, a DJ (HUGE props to Sunset Mobile Music). The food was fantastic, the beer was great. The price was upfront from day one and we never felt like we where pushed into spending more money. We saved hundreds or maybe even thousands on decorations because the venue was that pretty. Parking was not an issue. Having a hotel across the street means we knew our guests where safe. Our pictures came out fantastic. Having the whole event in one cozy venue was so easy.

If you want a fun, modern wedding- please consider Karl Strauss.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/02/2012

I got married at Karl Strauss Brewery Gardens on 9/2/12 and I honestly felt like my wedding day was perfect. Karl Strauss does a lot of weddings and they really have it down! The events manager, Helen, was very easy to work with and always quickly responded to any questions. The day-of banquet captain, Monica, was amazing at making sure everything ran smoothly and on-time. I loved the fact that I didn't have to hire an outside DJ or cake company and their food is really good. We got so many compliments on how beautiful the scenery is and they are very reasonably priced!

Sent on 09/28/2012

Rebecca · Married on 06/09/2012

We were so happy to have our wedding at Karl Strauss. It was the perfect match for us. The staff at Karl Strauss went above and beyond anything we could have asked for. It was a day we will always remember!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Li & Alberto · Married on 05/28/2011

We had a great time at Karl Strauss Brewery Gardens and the event manager, Helen Patterson, was superb! She was very understanding and accomodating to our needs and really helped us get exactly what we wanted. The food was great, the staff was awesome and the beer was perfect! We couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding and reception and we hope to host a future party there again!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Gabrielle · Married on 05/14/2011

FABULOUS PLACE FOR A WEDDING! Had my wedding here a few months ago and LOVED it. I had been here for Sunday brunch before, and never dreamed I could afford having the wedding at such a unique location, but turns out it was the most affordable place I looked at!

What makes KS so affordable, is that the cake, the DJ, the champagne toast, the linens, it's ALL INCLUDED in your per person dinner price. Nowhere else I looked offered all the same options in one price. The open bar options are also the most affordable that I've seen. They offer all their beers on tap, as well as several wines.

Besides being affordable, they make planning the wedding super smooth. Helen is great and works with you to get everything set up. Day of staff make sure everything runs smoothly and fits into your time window. I never had to worry about a single thing, and someone was always there telling me where I had to be or what I had to do. So simple!

The gardens are beautiful and make for lovely photos. I had my ceremony and reception here, and it was so convenient, no one had to drive between at all, just moved from the patio inside the restaurant. The whole place is closed down on Saturdays, so you get the entire restaurant to yourself! Amazing! Where else can you rent an entire restaurant and get some much for your money. I loved it. It was my dream wedding, thank you Karl Strauss!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Heather · Married on 08/01/2009

we did not end up using this vendor, but we did attend a wedding here which made us look into it. they are nice to work with. the wedding we did attend had great beer and food! very intimate atmosphere. everybody had a blast!

Sent on 12/04/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 09/24/2005

Beautiful setting and the food was fantastic. It was also a very convenient location in San Diego and parking was very easy for the guests.

Pros: Food, garden setting is unbeatable, total privacy, feels secluded although you are in the middle of a business park of San Diego, reasonably priced, great drinks. BEAUTIFUL SETTING! Allowed us to have our dogs in the ceremony (outside), hotel across the street.

Cons: Hard to get good pictures on the pond bridge if you select the 11am-4pm timeslot because of high sun, DJ was mediocre, cheap guest seats during the ceremony (green plastic chairs). There's not really a place to get ready, so I'd recommend renting a hotel room across the street from the venue. Everything else was PERFECT.

Sent on 06/08/2008

Victoria · Married on 05/15/2010

I got married at Karl Strauss in May and it was absolutely amazing. The venue is stunning and the banquet captain took care of every little detail for us. I truly didn't have a single worry all night! Everyone told me it was the best wedding food they've ever had and the prettiest venue they've seen! Helen was very patient with me and my constant questions. It was also very affordable...the cake, DJ, and candles are included in the wedding package. The only complaint I have is that they would not allow us to hang paper cranes in the tented ceremony area. It is Japanese tradition to hang 1000 paper cranes for the wedding, but Helen was concerned that it would make the roof collapse. However, we were able to hang about 50 cranes from our arch in front of the koi pond, which tuned out gorgeous. The level of service, the beauty of the venue, and the food more than make up for us not being able to hang our cranes.

Sent on 09/01/2010
  • Jill

Jill Reitzell · Married on 04/13/2019

Highly Recommend

I planned my wedding at Karl Strauss from Boston (where I live). To some people, this might sound very stressful but the staff at Karl Strauss always kept my mind at ease. There actually were a few staff changes during the months I was planning my wedding, but this didn't cause any delay in communication. Any emails I sent were answered in a prompt manner.
    Our day-of coordinator, Monica was AMAZING. She was extremely nice and accommodating about any of my requests. She could not have been more pleasant! On the day of the event, our bridal party always had drinks waiting for them (when we arrived at the venue, after the ceremony, etc.).

I chose Karl Strauss because the garden is a beautiful setting, but it isn't over-the-top or stuffy/fancy. I think my guests felt comfortable and well fed for the entire evening!

They also make the planning process easy because they build in the cake and DJ as part of the wedding package. Some people might not like that, and might want the freedom to choose these vendors for themselves; but as someone planning from 3,000 miles away, it made it a lot easier for me. Additionally, I found their costs for food and alcohol to be very affordable compared to a lot of other wedding venues.

Sent on 04/25/2019

Lauren · Married on 07/18/2015

Wow!! Karl Strauss was so amazing for my wedding in July 2015. I loved Karl Strauss because they really took care of almost everything- it was the easiest wedding to plan! They handle the food, have a contract with cake vendors, supply the DJ, and decorations. The only thing I had to do myself is the photographer and flowers. I've talked to other friends who have gotten married and were stressing out getting all of their vendors, etc lined up while I was relaxing until the day of. They provide a contact who you will meet with to choose the food choices and other details of your big day. I was able to get in contact with her throughout the process if I had questions or needed help. They also provided a coordinator day of which helped keep everything going smooth and keep us on track.

Not only was Karl Strauss super easy to work with the wedding venue is gorgeous! We loved it immediately because it's beautiful but still has the laid back feel of a brewery. The food was great, music was great, and beer was great :) We had the best time ever and I have gotten many compliments from everyone for how great it was. Not only that, but it was an amazing value. I've talked to many other people who paid double or even triple our price and I feel like ours was even better. I would recommend Karl Strauss for a venue to anyone!

Sent on 09/13/2015