Karen Capcino Reviews

16 | Philadelphia, PA

16 Reviews for Karen Capcino

Diana · Married on 07/03/2017

I am so glad that I used Karen and Kelly for my daughter's wedding. They were very professional, accommodating, and they made everyone look fantastic. There were 6 bridesmaids, a mother of th bride and mother of the groom, one grandmother, and, of course, the bride. They went out of their way to please each person, offering to fix hair and makeup a second time. I would highly recommend Karen and Kelly!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Karen was fantastic! She was flexible with scheduling the trial and very speedy when it came to doing my hair (bride), 5 bridesmaids' hair, and the mother of the bride's hair on the day of. She's pleasant to be around on the big day and has very affordable prices.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Betsy · Married on 11/14/2015

Karen did a fabulous job on my hair and make up for my wedding! She provided great service that put me at ease knowing that I would look my best. She traveled onsite and was prompt. Her prices are very reasonable and my hair/ make up remained flawless all night. Thank you so much!
    Betsy S.
    Wedding: November 14, 2015

Sent on 03/28/2016

Chrissy · Married on 09/18/2015

I can not say enough great things about Karen and her assistant Kelly for my hair as well as my bridesmaids. Karen was very accommodating when I asked for my trial several months prior to my wedding. During the trial, she took her time and made me look great and knew they I made the right choice. I took pictures and she was able to recreate my hair 5 months later perfectly. I had a beach wedding and the hair stayed in place. The best part is she does both hair and make-up and comes to your location. She was very flexible when we ran into a issue with checking in to our room and was understanding when midway through we had to move locations. She did 5 of my bridesmaids hair and make-up and even did the junior bridesmaids as well. She created a different style for each one and everyone looked beautiful for the pictures. I highly recommend her if you are looking to have some come on location for hair and make-up. She traveled to Jersey shore for me.

Sent on 10/16/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2015

Philly Brides, if you're looking for someone to do hair and makeup for your wedding, CALL KAREN!! She did such an amazing job at my sister's wedding that I booked her for my own, and my friend is using her for her wedding next year. I wanted something less traditional for my hair, since I was wearing my great-grandmother's 1941 wedding dress, and with just a few pictures to give her an idea, Karen gave me a beautiful pin curl updo that everyone was raving about. She checked in with me throughout the trial to make sure I liked the direction it was going, and on the wedding day she replicated it perfectly. Karen also did a beautiful job on my makeup...it was an incredibly hot day and I was so worried my makeup would run, but everything lasted! All of my bridesmaids also had hair and makeup done, all very different styles, skin tones, face shapes, and she made every one of them look like a movie star. And on top of all that, she was on time (and we had a VERY early start) and her prices are super reasonable. I couldn't have been happier with the decision to hire Karen!!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Liz · Married on 07/05/2014

My friend used Karen for her NJ wedding and recommended her to me since she is based in PA. She did a fabulous job!! People are still talking about how beautiful we all looked. She is also the most reasonably priced wedding hair and makeup artist around. She did not charge for travel either. She brought two helpers and the three worked very efficiently. She also was very considerate and so nice to work with. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Justine · Married on 07/22/2013

I also found Karen on wedding boards. Since I got married in Stone Harbor, New Jersey and live in Pennsylvania it was difficult to find a hair stylist I trusted. I looked at local salons and all of the prices were outrageous, and just because you were the "bride" your cost went up drastically. I was so blessed to find Karen.

She was easy to work with and always answered my emails quickly! On the day of my wedding she and her partner had to do my six bridesmaids, three mothers, and myself. Then when they were finished my four nieces and one cousin also wanted their hair done and they were happy to do their hair as well! Even tho they had already been there for four hours! They were so accommodating.

I do not have a lot of hair so I decided to use clip in extensions to help make my hair look fuller and Karen did a fantastic job making my hair look as though it was all mine. Then I was not sure if I wanted to get my makeup done because I am very particular and have never had anyone do my makeup before. I had been in four of my best friends wedding the same year and was always the only one that didn't get my makeup done so the pressure was on for Karen. Again she went above and beyond and blew me away with her skills. She made my makeup look flawless and natural. I can say with confidences and experience that this is the only hairstylist that was able to satisfy ALL of the girls! She is amazing and I highly recommend her. I know she is hard to find so with her permission I wanted to post her email and phone number. Email karcap1128@aim.com , cell (215)704-2625. Remember she travels!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Natasha · Married on 05/31/2013

I found Karen through message boards since she doesn't have a website yet and I'm very glad I did! She was super easy to work with through email and phone, always answering my questions quickly!

I really didn't know what I wanted to do with my hair or makeup at my first trial, and after I went home not liking what I had asked her to do (my fault), she graciously volunteered to give me a second trial free of charge. Of course, the second time around I had figured out what I wanted and LOVED the look she created!

The day of the wedding Karen had to do my sister's hair, my mom's hair and makeup, and my hair and makeup. She arrived on time and finished up almost exactly when she said we would which, having been in a few bridal parties, I know doesn't happen very often!

My hair and makeup were exactly like we practiced in the trial and held up very well for having fine hair that doesn't want to hold a curl and oily skin - I was so grateful for only having to do one quick touchup the entire day when normally I have to do so 2-3 times at least! My sister and mom looked great as well - she worked with them throughout the styling process to achieve the looks they wanted.

Overall, Karen is a great choice for wedding makeup and hair at a very reasonable price! And the fact that she is willing to travel to your location just makes the wedding day SO much easier!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Corrie · Married on 01/11/2013

Karen did the hair and makeup for my best friend's wedding so it was a no brainer to ask her to do my own. I wasn't sure if she would travel as far as my wedding was from her (almost 2 hours away) but it was no problem. She is so nice and amazing at her job. She is also very quick and well organized. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup, and my bridemaids hair and makeup. They were all also very happy with it! Her prices are incredibly reasonable and the quality of her work is incredible.

Sent on 03/05/2013
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 10/20/2012

Karen, Kelly and two other stylist Terri and Bettyanne did my briday party of 10 along with my mom, grandmother and aunt! The prices were so reasonable and the convenience of coming to your home the day of your wedding is amazing! Everyone had updos, airbrush make-up and eyelash application. Everyone was done in a timely manner and looked absolutely STUNNING! I recieved so many compliments on my hair and make-up and I felt like a princess!

Sent on 02/19/2013
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/06/2012

I was beyond impressed with the price, quality, professionalism, and overall friendliness of Karen Capcino. On the day of our wedding, Karen managed not only my hair and makeup but 11 other women's makeup in just a few hours. She had 2 friends along to help with the rest of the hair and we were all ready with time to spare. We never once felt rushed or hassled in any way. I recommended her to one of my bridesmaids for her wedding and she booked her with equally great results. I do recommend Karen should think about developing her own website to make it easier to get in contact and see some examples of her work. She will call you right back, but a website always helps!

Sent on 07/11/2013

I don't wear much makeup ever, so Karen kept it basically natural and neutral, but just dramatic enough, and I couldn't believe how beautiful I felt. She was freaking amazing. She also did airbrush and lashes, and I felt like a model. My makeup held up until I took it off at 2 in the morning, which was incredible given that it was oppressively humid, especially in church and during photos. Her rates are good, and while I didn't use her for hair (one of my very good friends did it as a gift to me) I've seen her work and it's beautiful, and her prices cannot be beat. Karen also did my mom's makeup and made her feel really at ease, since she doesn't wear much makeup either. I went to Karen for my trial, and she came to me for the wedding. You will not regret using her, I PROMISE you. Besides being an extremely talented MUA, she's sweet and funny and personable, and kept me relaxed. I am so glad I went with her!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Kate · Married on 06/02/2012

Karen did such a great job. She came to the condo we had rented down the shore. She made the preparation for the wedding fun, rather than stressful. I was SO HAPPY with everything that she did.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Terry · Married on 09/22/2012

Hi!

Below is a website with a few preview pictures from the wedding we just had. Karen did the bride's hair and make up and she was stunning!! She also did all the make up of the bridal party. She has a fantastic hair person, Kelly that also helps and did all the bridesmaids. Can not speak more highly of Karen and Kelly's work! Prices were very, very, reasonable.

Sent on 09/23/2012
  • PhillyBride103

Jenn · Married on 08/17/2012

I used Karen for my 8/17 wedding at the Concordville Inn. I was slightly hesitant at first because she does not have a website and isn't easy to find without searching the wedding boards- but once I got to my hair and makeup trial my worries were put aside.

Karen did an AMAZING Job! After my hair trial I realized I wanted a few things different from what I originally described to her, so the day of my wedding I told her exactly what I wanted changed. She did such a great job making the adustments.

All 6 of my bridesmaids and my mom also used Karen & Her assistant for hair and makeup and everyone was raving about how great of a job they did. Each of the girls brought in pictures of what they wanted and they did came out perfectly. One of my bridesmaids has been in several weddings and told me it was her favorite hairstyle for a wedding so far.

As well, Karen's prices were far more reasonable than other Hairstylists and Makeup Artists that come to you I wasn't paying for my BM hair and makeup and didn't want them to feel as if they were going broke over being in my wedding.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/12/2012

Kelly · Married on 10/08/2016

Karen and Kelly did my hair and make up as well as 6 bridesmaids and two mothers for my 10/8/16 wedding. At the end of the night people were still talking about how well our makeup and hair held up despite hours of dancing! Karen was very flexible, listened to my concerns about too much makeup on my pale skin, and made me look great on my wedding day! I would suggest Karen get a website to showcase more of her work, because I was a little hesitant to book her at first. I'm glad I did!

Sent on 10/18/2016