Karen Allen Photography Reviews

6 | Powhatan, VA

6 Reviews for Karen Allen Photography

Courtney · Married on 06/11/2016

We would recommend Karen a million times over. Besides being incredibly talented, she is just such a pleasure to work with. A true professional, she was communicative, full of great ideas, willing to travel, and on time and reliable (even when we were late) for our engagement and wedding photos. Karen and her team worked closely with our wedding coordinator to make our wedding day seamless and when it came to our photos, she knew exactly what we were looking for even if we didn't. Not a moment was missed.

I've seen it in other reviews and it is true- by the end of ones time working with Karen you really feel like you've made a great friend!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Jennifer · Married on 12/05/2015

With SO many photographers out there to choose from, it can be quite daunting to find a perfect fit - personality wise and photography style - to capture your most important day. Luckily, we found Karen who simply was amazing throughout the entire process. We were uncertain about having an engagement session but Karen convinced us it was a good preview to getting out in front of the camera together. Our sunrise session was really so much fun. I thought it would be awkward and slightly staged having someone we just met photograph us. Karen was able to get wonderful shots of exactly who we are as a couple. She made us feel perfectly natural and at ease which just continued to our wedding day. Karen was probably the most helpful "vendor" planning the event. She worked with us through a very detailed timeline and gave a questionnaire beforehand to help her understand the meaningful pieces of our day. The wedding pictures are literally exactly everything we could have hoped for. Some were the classic shots and others showed an artistic touch. The turn-around time for receiving our pictures was incredible especially because it was around Christmas! Even after the wedding Karen continued to surprise us with little treats and thank-you's. I think of Karen not only as our wonderful wedding photographer but as a friend.

Sent on 01/31/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/05/2015

Karen was incredible to work with! She was always quick to respond to questions and was so positive and supportive the day of our wedding. She's very professional, but also really cares about her brides and will make sure you feel prepared and calm leading up to your big day. Her pictures turned out beautifully and we would absolutely recommend her to any couple looking for a skilled wedding photographer!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Karen was amazing to work with. Throughout the whole engagement process she was extremely encouraging and helpful. My wedding coordinator was a little crazy and Karen helped me to come up with a feasible wedding day timeline. She worked with what I wanted for my wedding, and ensured everything I wanted for my dream wedding came true.
    She is based out of Virginia, but my wedding was in Texas so we kept in contact mostly over email. It felt like she was right alongside me the whole process though!

Karen was very professional, and knew exactly what she was doing. It was encouraging to have someone the day of the wedding who knew how to handle all the twists and turns your wedding day brings you; very flexible and quick on her feet!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Lorin · Married on 12/20/2014

Karen was amazing! She photographed our engagement and wedding. She is so sweet and she did a great job trying to work with the vision we had for our wedding. She made sure to capture all of the special moments. Her second photographer was great too! I think the only thing that was tough, was trying to fit everything in within a short time frame. Karen did a great job trying to photograph everything on our wedding day!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Sara · Married on 05/17/2014

Karen was a fantastic photographer to work with and I can't say enough positive things about our experience with her. Quality wedding photos were one of our top priorities for our wedding and Karen gave us that and more. She is super organized and very prompt to respond to emails- one of my favorite things about her! She was always very professional and got our edited photos returned to us in record turn around time. Her prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality work that she does and all that is included with her packages. After meeting with Karen for the first time, we knew she was the right choice for a wedding photographer. Even today, months after our wedding, we are still so grateful that we found Karen because she exceeded all of our expectations and captured so many special moments from our wedding day that we will cherish forever. I highly recommend Karen Allen Photography to all brides out there who are looking for the perfect wedding day images and a photographer who is really easy to work with.

Sent on 01/12/2015