Kapok Special Events Reviews

Kapok Special Events 5
Kapok Special Events 6
Kapok Special Events 7

Brooke · Getting married on 02/22/2020

I have no yet booked for my wedding, but this is without a doubt my favorite venue I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with! Out of all the places I called, the Kapok was the ONLY business that sent over information right away and was very informative and friendly on the phone. I had a meeting to tour the venue and fell in love with the people (randy and Nancy) and the venue itself. I cannot WAIT to have my wedding here it's going to be perfect. I will be sure to write another review once my wedding is all done and over with. The ladies were very helpful & made a ton of suggestions regarding my wedding that I've never even thought of before! I recommend this venue from what I've seen so far!

• Lisa & Watson

Lisa & Watson · Married on 10/28/2018

Kapok (Best wedding Venue)!

My Experience with Kapok was Amazing!!! I am from Georgia, and during the planning process of my wedding; my Husband and I decided to have a Destination wedding. When we saw how beautiful Kapok in Clearwater, FL was we knew it was the one Venue we wanted to get married at. The Best things about getting Married at Kapok, They have a Beautiful Ceremony room, and they have a Grand Ballroom for Couples who want a Large Wedding. This Venue was very convenient for my Husband and I because we were able to have the Ceremony and Reception all in one place without having to travel anywhere else. My husband and I are very happy and Pleased we chose Kapok because we had the best wedding and our Wedding Photo's are so Beautiful, Stunning, and timeless. We highly recommend checking out Kapok's Wedding Venue.

Kapok Special Events 8
    Kapok Special Events 19
    Kapok Special Events 20
    Kapok Special Events 21

Belinda · Married on 04/15/2018

This place is beautiful and the pictures looked amazing. Deanna and Shirley were very professional and quick to respond. Shirley went out of her way to make sure my day was special. I can't thank her enough for helping me pull my big day together. I would highly recommend this place. Hire the day of coordinator it's worth every penny and will make the day go smooth and stress free!

Tiffany · Married on 04/13/2018

I got married at the Kapok on April 13, 2018! The first person I met was Deanna and she was absolutely AMAZING! She answered all of my e-mails promptly and so nicely even though I hadn't booked yet. When I finally did book, I continued to ask a million questions and she still was so patient with me! When it came closer to my wedding, I had gotten to know her so well that I strongly requested her to be my day of coordinator - and she was! She was the BEST! She did her job as day of coordinator and did so much more that she wasn't required to do! The venue itself was absolutely stunning, the only hiccup that day was the air conditioner broke in the front of the building, they quickly rushed to get a repairman out but he wasn't able to fix it. The most important area (the ballroom and bridal suite) had working air! My guests never even complained about it! All of the staff were absolutely amazing as well! The bartenders were even better than I could have asked for. All of my guests LOVED them and how well they did with their service! My wedding is still being talked about months later and I have the beautiful Kapok and Deanna to thank for most of that!

Kapok Special Events 22
    Kapok Special Events 23
    Kapok Special Events 24
    Kapok Special Events 25
    Kapok Special Events 26

Jon · Married on 02/03/2018

We had our wedding on 02/03/2018 and we could have not asked for a better venue, the building itself is absolutely stunning and we had Shirley as a day of coordinator and she made sure everything was perfect from top to bottom, all of our guests said this is the best wedding venue they have ever been to and we have to agree !

Sent on 02/16/2018

Kapok Special Events's reply:

Thank you Jon and Kerianne! You were the most amazing couple to work with and your families were so kind and helpful as well. Wishing you both a wonderful new life together!
    Come by and visit some time!

Shirley

Shabanese · Married on 07/10/2017

My wedding was on July 10, 2017 and I wish I could do it all again! From start to finish Deanna made sure everything was in place to ensure I had a perfect day! The venue space and reception hall was absolutely gorgeous! I loved everything about this venue.

Lynn · Married on 06/17/2017

What an incredible experience! Most beautiful venue in the Tampa area if you love vintage craftsmanship and feeling like you just walked into a Grecian wonderland or beautiful European garden or an old movie with the grand duel staircase this is the venue for you!! We loved working with the Kapok they were so gracious and caring and responsive throughout the whole experience it was wonderful! We can't thank them enough. If I had a couple of million I would love to completely restore this entire building to it's incredible original splendor, when I told people of where we were having the Wedding everyone had a wonderful memory to share about the restaurant and Inn, "they will never forget". We wish the Kapok every wonderful thing and so hope you will all check this venue out, if you want a truly magical place this is it!

Jaclyn · Married on 05/28/2017

We used Kapok in May and it was amazing. Deanna was our day of coordinator and we couldn't not have done it without her. She was so helpful!!! We loved having our wedding at Kapok. And our guests could not stop telling us how beautiful it was!

Chanel · Married on 12/11/2016

From the moment I walked through the doors at the Kapok I fell in love. Kathy is so accommodating. My Fiance was unable to tour the venue with me on Saturday but Kathy came through and allowed us to come back the next day to tour the venue again together. We wound up booking for our Wedding in December. I am so excited and cannot wait for ceremony & reception!!

Danitza · Married on 11/27/2016

We got married on 11/27/2016 and I could not have picked a better venue to get married and have a reception.

The place is breathtaking! Its a hidden gem in Clearwater. Kathy was incredibly helpful and made sure everything was perfect.Very responsive and knowledgeable.

So many places to take great pictures both indoors and outdoors.

The great thing is that you don't have to do much with decor and you can keep it nice and simple, and it will still look great.

You will not be disappointed!

Valerie · Married on 10/29/2016

My husband and I couldn't be happier with having our wedding at the Kapok Tree, this venue is amazing! When you first walk into the garden area you feel like you have traveled to Europe, and then you see the inside and it is just a gorgeous. We only visited 3 other venues and once we came here there was no doubt that this is where we were getting married. We worked with Kathy to get everything set up and she was also the day of planner, she went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I would highly recommend the Kapok Tree and Kathy!!

Below is a link to our wedding video

• Kim

Kimberly · Married on 08/14/2016

I absolutely loved this venue. It was so beautiful. I worked with Kathy she was so amazing. When my florist forgot a throw bouquet she made one up in a minute. She stayed until the very end and helped me clean up. I would highly recommend this venue. It will exceed your expectations.

Stephanie · Married on 07/09/2016

The Kapok is truly an amazing wedding venue. My wedding was a fairly tale come true!!! The staff at the Kapok are extremely helpful. It is a must see!!!

Tanja · Married on 06/30/2016

We had our ceremony and reception at the Kapok in June 2016 and it was just wonderful. The best day of my life! Not just the venue itself is breathtaking but Nancy did an outstanding job and I didn't had to worry about anything on my wedding day. Everything went very smooth and she makes sure you're having an amazing day. She helped a lot with giving out a list of her favorite Vendors (Catering, flowers etc). She gave advice with the timeline and how to plan the day so you get the most out of it. It was such a fairy tale wedding and all our family and friends loved the venue. You won't need much decoration since the venue is just beautiful. You will take stunning pictures - the garden and waterfalls make you feel you're on your honeymoon already. Worth every penny! Very professional staff, helpful and supporting. You can't go wrong with Kapok Special Events.

• User5452085 · 2+ years ago

I am so excited to have my wedding here! It is so elegant and beautiful.

Sarah · Married on 04/23/2016

One word: Flawless. We were married April 23rd and all of our guests were blown away. This venue is tucked away and that's what I loved about it...not the usual hotel venue, instead, this place has gardens, an incredible ceremony room, fun cocktail room, and incredible reception hall with floor to ceiling windows. Just spectacular for photos and their bridal suite upstairs worked out perfectly.

But, the best part about the entire venue? Our day of planner Nancy. For an extra charge, you can have her coordinate everything so that it runs smoothly. She ran our rehearsal and so many other details were handled by her without me having to stress. I can't say enough about how incredible she is. She lives and breathes to make sure not only the bride is happy, but that the entire bridal party has support for whatever was needed. I would've paid double for her if they had asked!

Lastly, they have a "decoration" package which offers columns, the runner, and some added finishes in the ceremony room for a small fee. Do it and it totally adds to the look of the room!

You have to use their packages for alcohol, and they will provide you with a list of preferred vendors for things like catering and DJ. They have an agreement with Olympia so since we signed with Kapok within 30 days of our initial appointment, we got free champagne...plus, Olympia supplied free champagne glasses which was awesome.

Your photos will be stunning and your guests will love this venue. Definitely check out Kapok!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Kapok Special Events's reply:

Dear Sarah.
    Thank you for the wonderful review. The entire team at Kapok works tirelessly on every event to ensure that each and every experience is a dream come true. We are very proud of all of the dedication that our entire team puts forth and look forward to seeing your beautiful photos!
    Sincerely, Kathy Wilson, General Manager

Jennifer · Married on 12/11/2015

Most important: You have to have Nancy for your event coordinator of the day... She made my wedding day PERFECT. I will explain Nancy's touch in a bit. If you are looking for a beautiful, elegant and romantic venue to hold your ceremony AND reception in the same location... Kapok Special Events is the place to be. It doesn't even need decorations. The building itself is gorgeous inside and out. Just look at the pictures online. The ceremony room is beautiful and takes great pictures... so does the reception hall. The red stairs and chandeliers make every picture and moment beautiful. The upstairs area for the ladies to get ready is PERFECT... mirrors everywhere, bathroom, steamer, couches, chairs, etc. Just GO THERE and get a walk through tour... You'll be sold. BUT, if you decide to book your event at Kapok for your wedding... you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE NANCY AS YOUR EVENT COORDINATOR FOR THE DAY. She is the most amazing and hard working woman ever. My wedding day would not have been so effortless if it weren't for her. She has the best images and ideas to help you with setup. She let us bring all of our centerpieces and fun projects the whole week before the event. When my girls and I got there the day of the wedding, I literally felt like I had nothing to do but enjoy myself with my girlfriends and relax and wait for everything to fall together, and it did just that. Everything was perfect. Nancy oversaw everything the caterers were doing, watching, guiding, making sure it was how I told her I wanted it. I walked downstairs to find my mom and the reception hall was ALL TOGETHER AND BEAUTIFUL. Nancy knew where I was at all times, knew where I needed to be in 5 minutes, 30min, etc. I felt like she was right by my side from beginning to end and she was.. just behind the scenes. She guided and told everyone what to do, how to walk, where to stand, all with a huge smile. Like I said earlier, she made every motion and transition flawless!

Anja · Married on 10/30/2015

Nancy was a great wedding coordinator. Definitely worth having someone to take care of your special day. She even did the decor for the tables and cocktail room.everyone was amazed by the beautiful venue.

• Jordancm17

Chantelle · Married on 10/18/2015

My husband, Andrew and I were blessed to have had Nancy Hall as our Wedding Day Planner for our wedding at the Kapok Special Events on 10/18/2015. From the start she was prompt to answer all of our questions throughout the whole process. She was extremely personable and easy to talk to. I was really impressed on how she would always relate to each and every emotion I was feeling on my wedding day and how quickly she would respond by making me feel comfortable and reassuring me that everything was going to be perfect. SHE WAS RIGHT!! Everything was AMAZING because of this wonderful woman. Nancy knows exactly what each of her Brides need and want on the most important day of their lives...their wedding day. She also had a calm presence about her that made both Andrew and I very comfortable. Because let's be honest here...getting married and all the preparation that goes into it, can get VERY stressful; so it was refreshing to have a grounded individual, such as Nancy, to keep us centered and focused on one another while we exchanged our vows and proclaimed our love to each other. That being said, Andrew and I HIGHLY recommend Nancy Hall to any couple...ESPECIALLY the Bride-To-Be, who wants their day to go as perfect as they imagined...then you definitely want to hire Nancy. She will take care of everything...even the things you never thought about. She is already two steps ahead in making each wedding EXACTLY how the Bride and Groom dreamt it to be. I PROMISE that you will be VERY pleased with Nancy Hall as your wedding day planner and you will enjoy the beautiful environment that the Kapok Special Events Venue has to offer. As the Bride, I felt very grateful and blessed to have had Nancy by my side and to witness our love for one another in front of all our loved ones. Thank you Nancy!! We Love you!!! :0)

Danielle · Married on 10/17/2015

We got so many compliments on our venue! Nancy Hall was Pete and my "day-of" Wedding Planner at Kapok Special Events on 10/17/15. She was always very responsive to my questions regarding candles, sparklers, etc. and also offered her own helpful suggestions. She assisted in making sure that we got our special beer requests, which was so very important to us! During the rehearsal and wedding day, she was very organized. I loved everything she did with decorating! We did purchase the Kapok decoration package, and I believe it was worth every penny. The entire place looked beautiful. We also appreciated Sergio's help. Nancy knows what she is doing! Additionally, Kapok offered recommendations for vendors, which was extremely helpful.

We booked Kapok about 14 months prior to our wedding (~August 2014). Randi was our main point of contact up until May 2015. I only mention this because we originally discussed booking for a different date and someone snagged that date from us. Randi did a good job making up for the miscommunication. Kapok places brides/customer service first!

• Y

yolanda · Married on 10/03/2015

The Kapok Special Events is a beautiful venue just stunning! If your thinking of having your wedding anywhere please consider the The Kapok. From the beautiful waterfalls to the stunning chandeliers and the colorful gardens its just magical. Even the restrooms were beautiful. They have it all under one roof. From the staff to the reception, the cocktail hour room to the beautiful reception ballroom. They have everything! Nancy Hall was with us from the beginning to the end. She coordinated everything and had our day run smoothly. Just a magical place! I guarantee you that your pictures will come out beautiful. Our pictures were flawless and every background was beautiful. I cannot say enough of this venue. You will not be disappointed. Just loved it wish i was having another wedding there!

Eddy · Married on 08/08/2015

"Best wedding I've ever been to!", "This place is gorgeous!", "The food was wonderful, the place is beautiful, the music was great! We had so much fun!" Those were a few of the things our guests had to say to us.

The photos you see of Kapok online are beautiful, but you have to visit this place yourself to truly appreciate how magnificent it is. Kapok has the perfect blend of beauty, grandeur, elegance, and class. There are plenty of stunning photo opportunities throughout the place. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue to host our ceremony and reception.

We took the risk of not relying on a wedding planner. We don't regret that decision because we were lucky enough to have Nancy, Rande and Phoebe from Kapok helping us out when we needed it. We felt very comfortable the moment we walked in the door and met these ladies. They are very easy to work with, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and professional. They were very quick to respond to all my emailed questions. We just loved working with them.

On our wedding day, Nancy helped coordinate and make sure everything goes according to plan. It's always a challenge when you have so much going on with so many different people. She was on top of things and saved the day on quite a few occasions that evening. I've been told by a few people that most weddings usually have at least one thing go wrong, but ours turned out perfect.

Lindsey and I couldn't be more pleased about picking Kapok for our wedding. We love this place and we love the people who work there! Our guests had a great time at Kapok. We are sure you and your guests will enjoy it too!

Sincerely,
    Eddy and Lindsey

Abby · Married on 08/01/2015

I could not have been any happier with picking The Kapok for my wedding venue!!! It was a huge bonus to have our ceremony and reception at one location but it felt like we had them at 2 different places. Not to mention the garden areas (front and back) are just stunning! They truly have a stunning place and I it makes you feel like you are in an exotic location.
    Nancy was a HUGE blessing!!! She makes sure you have everything you ever wanted just the way you want it and also takes a lot of the stress off of you so you are able to enjoy your wedding day. She also kept everything on schedule so our guests didn't suffer because we lost track of time. I wish I could express how wonderful of a person she truly is!!!

eileen · Married on 07/31/2015

Getting married at Kapok was the best decision I made. Words cannot express how BEAUTIFUL this venue is. To see everything you wished for come to life at such an amazing establishment is priceless. I cannot tell you how many compliments I have received on just the venue alone. Kapok looks like it was taken straight out of the pages of a book. No one can believe that such a unique venue was so close to home. The pictures are absolutely stunning and my guests are still raving about how gorgeous the Kapok was! To top it all off, Nancy was absolutely AMAZING and made sure every detail was just perfect. She really has a gift for bringing weddings to life and making them just breathtaking. She is the best of the best and I would recommend her to anyone who wants the perfect wedding!! Thank you SO MUCH Nancy for making my wedding the wedding of my dreams!

This venue was AMAZING! My wedding was perfect thanks to the wonderful staff! Nancy was a dream come true. I hired her as my day of planner and it was well worth it. I wouldn't have been able to do it without her. She set everything up for us and made sure my day was just what I envisioned. Phoebe was great too! She was able to answer all of my nagging questions and concerns as a nervous bride. The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL! The fountains were on and the torches were lit making my night perfect. My pictures in the garden turned out great as well. I am so happy I chose Kapok Special Events to host my wedding.