Kalifornia Entertainment Reviews

130 Reviews for Kalifornia Entertainment

Kalifornia Entertainment 1
Kalifornia Entertainment 2

Jennifer · Married on 04/03/2016

We hired DJ Kalifornia for our wedding and he did a PHENOMENAL job!! His specialties that really set him apart from other DJs are his customer service, his personality, his willingness to go above what anyone else will do, his knowledge in music and the way he mixes music to make you think you're in a high end nightclub.

Josh is very professional and able to ensure a wide and diverse audience has fun. All my guests commented on what a great DJ he was and how much fun they had. We had some family from Italy at our wedding that didn't speak very good english, and Josh being fluent in Italian, he was able to translate a lot of stuff for them and from them to us. That alone was something we will always be thankful for. Josh also played a lot of traditional Italian music that our guests raved about and could not believe how amazing he was for playing music accustomed to them.

If you want your yourself and your guests to have an amazing and memorable night that they will never forget, there's no question you should hire Josh, he is worth every penny but just know that he is cheaper than other DJs around! His photobooth was the cheapest we found after doing a lot of research. He also gives you uplighting and a bunch of other things that other DJs will charge you for. We couldn't believe he gave that stuff away for free when so many other DJs were charging hundreds more.

Everything that Josh gave us and did for us, he is worth 5 or 6 times more than what he charges but he has a huge heart and loves what he does for his customers so he keeps his pricing where it's at so that they dont have to take out a massive loan to pay for him. Once again...Kalifornia Entertainment is PHENOMENAL!

Leslie · Married on 03/27/2016

My husband and I talked with A LOT of DJs either through email, phone or in person. It felt like it was an endless battle finding one that got us and didn't spew out the same scripted conversations in order to earn our business. We were starting to lose hope that we would find a DJ that wasn't like everyone else. And then our florist recommended Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment when we met with her because we expressed our frustrations with so many other DJ's and boy are we ever so gracious and happy that she did. Kalifornia Entertainment was everything my husband and I could have asked for! Josh is very prompt in responding, and he was such a joy to have at our wedding!! He's a fabulous DJ and MC, blends his music like no one else we have heard, keeps the party going, and does such a great job interacting with everyone. His personality lights up a room and our family and guests raved about how great he was to talk to and work with. The music selections are great and he had every single request my husband and I wanted as well as our guests! He even took the time to find out some Italian love songs my grandparents had at their wedding AND HE PLAYED THEM!! Seeing tears of joy from grandparents as they danced together on the dance floor made everyone in the venue also tear up. This is something that I will forever be thankful for when it comes to Josh. I am so happy that we had him for our wedding day. I wouldn't trade it! Much love for Kalifornia Entertainment!! Keep doing what you do because after meeting with so many other DJ's, I'm a solid believer that no one is on your level.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Tina · Married on 03/25/2016

Josh with Kalifornia Entertainment KILLED IT at our wedding! I can never express how great he was. We had 200+ people at our wedding of all ages and I'm not joking when I say almost every single person was on that dance floor from the moment the music went on till we had to kick them out. Josh is so easy to work with, so likable, so fun and so many more great things. He made it fun for all ages and there was never a song that made anyone want to stop dancing. I've seen a good number of wedding DJ's and he is by far the absolute best in Rochester.

He includes uplighting and monograms at for FREE and it made our venue look beautiful! He also did this dancing under the stars thing on the ceiling where it looked like we were actually dancing under the stars all night. AMAZING! We also booked his photobooth with printed pictures and all of our guests had so much fun with it. We received a copy of all the pictures and a photo album as a momento of all the pictures too.

I can't say enough great things about Josh. I am 1000000000000% convinced that there is no other DJ in Rochester as good as him or has the as good of a personality or customer service and follow through as him. Book him if you want your wedding to be the best!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Natalie · Married on 03/04/2016

Kalifornia Entertainment is the best in Rochester!! They took care of our ceremony music and mic for our officiant, along with our cocktail hour and reception music. They also provided cake lighting and uplighting, along with top of the line lighting the party truly started. We also got his photobooth and our guests loved it because it was easy to use, fun, and pictures printed out for them to keep.

Josh was very professional and on top of everything when it came to planning. His communication with us is 5 stars and he is the best guy to help set up your wedding and helping choose what kind of music you want and how you want your wedding to go. He helped with every detail to the very last minute. Josh not only provides music but sets up your wedding timeline and coordinates it with ALL of the other vendors. (TRUST ME THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!) That was something our own coordinator said he did better than anyone else she has worked with before.

He also helped think of things and point out details we would have never thought of and he ended up being a key part in our wedding. I don't know how we would have pulled it all off without him. If we had to do it again Kalifornia Entertainment would be the very first company on our list. He kept the party going the entire time, our dance floor was packed from the moment our wedding started.

Becca · Married on 02/27/2016

Kalifornia Entertainment was highly recommended to us by several sources as well as our venue coordinator and after booking Josh for our wedding reception, I can certainly see why! He supplied music, sound and microphones for our ceremony. I've been to other weddings and you couldn't hear the vows or officiant. Josh set up perfectly sounding equipment and our guests were so happy they could hear every single word. For dinner, my husband and I wanted an elegant, intimate feel. Josh nailed that with ease and played a perfect mix of music to set the mood. What really wow'd us is the fact that Josh didn't just put on a mix and walk away during dinner. He stood behind his table and mixed every single song while everyone ate. It's the fine details like that which separates Josh from the rest. Following that, we wanted a rocking party that appealed to all ages. Josh made that all happen! He was awesome and got the older people up out of their chairs and appealed to the younger guests through out the night. Through out the planning process Josh was more than accommodating and always responded to our questions almost instantly. He was very professional and did a great job helping us develop and follow our timeline for the reception. He chose songs that were appealing to the whole crowd and the dance floor was packed the entire evening! His monogram lighting and uplighting made the venue look like a magical paradise, and his photobooth with pictures that printed out was a big hit with everyone there. Our photographer has done hundreds of weddings and knows every DJ company in Rochester. She told us before leaving she has never worked with any another DJ that was as amazing as Josh and was in total awe and shock at how great he is and how none of those other companies she has worked with can match him. She's planning to refer him only from now on because he set the bar sky high for other people to try and reach. If you want the best wedding, BOOK HIM NOW!

Sent on 11/24/2016

Ashley · Married on 02/27/2016

We cannot say enough good things about Josh (DJ Kalifornia)! His ability to read the crowd and anticipate their mood/dancing needs is almost supernatural! The dancing never stopped and he even played a couple of songs after the wedding was supposed to be over because our guests were having such a good time they just could't leave the dance floor yet. He was so thoughtful in taking guest requests too. My husband and I have been at other weddings where the DJ didnt take requests or they didnt have what people wanted to hear. Not Josh. He played everything. On top of it all, he did a quick edit just 2 weeks from the wedding of the music for the father-daughter dance that my father and I needed to do our dance together. Of all our vendors, there were only 2 who gave us zero problems and made everything just so easy, and Kalifornia Entertainment was one of them! His timing and choice of music from the ceremony to the cocktail hour right through the reception was spot on. We got so many comments on how awesome the DJ was and we couldn't agree more!! He's our lifetime recommendation for anyone looking for a DJ. If you have him for your wedding then consider yourself as having a lucky rabbits foot in your back pocket because Josh is without a doubt the number one requested DJ in Rochester because he is that good and amazing.

Brittany · Married on 02/19/2016

WHERE DO I START?!!! AMAZING!!!! Let me just say that THE BEST DAY EVER would have been INCOMPLETE without DJ Kalifornia!!! INCOMPLETE. His professionalism, personalism, quality, people skills they're all outstanding!!! From day one to the day of Josh never disappointed. Everything we asked of him he noted and provided! As a bride you not only want your day to be PERFECT for you but for your guests as well; and I am telling you that this will be the case if you have DJ Kalifornia at your event! My guests said they had the time of their lives dancing, laughing, AND interacting with our DJ. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day/night or DJ!!! WE THANK Josh from the bottom of our hearts for helping make our wedding day THE BEST DAY EVER!!!! A+ sir A+

Ann · Married on 01/30/2016

Josh was the best DJ we could've booked for our wedding. Booking a DJ isn't as easy at looking at a photographer's work or tasting a caterer's food. We really went from reviews & word of mouth. My friend is a wedding photographer & she has had a few weddings with Josh & reassured me that he was the best DJ she has ever seen at weddings. The uplighting he has is incredible & really brought our reception area to life. His photobooth was so much fun and he supplied a lot of props and signs for everyone to use. Not a single problem throughout the day. Every ceremony song was perfectly timed, all of the first dances, everything went perfect. If you want the best DJ for your wedding, look no further than Kalifornia Entertainment.

Vicky · Married on 01/16/2016

My now husband and I met with a few DJs (12 DJ's to be exact), and immediately after walking out of our first meeting with Josh, we new he was the best DJ for us. His friendly and open personality combined with his clear professionalism and experience completely sold us. We purchased the top package with a photobooth and were so glad we did. Josh was super responsive and had great ideas. We found ourselves going down the rabbit hole of trying to pick every song we like to make sure they were played at the wedding, but at one of our next meetings with Josh, we scrapped all that (other than ceremony, 1st dance and parent dance choices) and just selected DJs choice because we had complete confidence that he would play appropriate and crowd-pleasing music during each aspect of the wedding night. And it worked beautifully. Our crowd hit the dance floor immediately and Josh was able to read the room and keep everyone on their feet for the entire night... to the point that everyone was bummed when the dancing concluded.

We also asked Josh to do a little editing of our first dance, Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance songs, since all the ones we picked felt way to long to be dancing with everyone staring at us awkwardly. His editing and quick turnaround time was very much appreciated.

Our wedding was amazing for so many reasons, but a big one was Josh and Kalifornia Entertainment. Thank you for everything you did for us.

Samantha · Married on 01/10/2016

Do yourself a favor: Hire DJ Kalifornia (Josh) with Kalifornia Entertainment and then don't think twice about it. Really...don't bother with anyone else because Josh sets the bar so high that no one else can reach it. This was the easiest vendor decision we made for our wedding. A friend recommended Josh and when I reached out to him, he was quick and responsive (and continued to be one of the most organized and professional people we dealt with throughout the whole wedding planning process).

Most importantly, Josh is a FANTASTIC DJ who was on point with the music the whole night. The way he mixes and blends his music to be seemless is one of the most impressive things anyone could ever see or hear. During cocktail hour, when Josh had just gotten started, several people came up to me and complimented the music. After the wedding, everyone from my parents to my friends to my coworkers (so we're talking all generations, from 20-year-olds to 70-year-olds) said they loved the music selection.

Josh had the dance floor packed all night and his photo booth was huge hit. We even did an extra hour (which Josh didn't even charge us for), and I was worried our guests would get danced-out - not the case with DJ Kalifornia! Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention and thank Josh for helping my MOH with her speech. He spent time with her before introductions and helped put her mind at ease and gave her some great advice and suggestions. Something I didn't even know until the end of the night when she told me. Josh is more than just a DJ. He's someone who puts his heart and soul into everything he does to ensure that your day goes better than planned or expected. Thank you for making our wedding the best night of our lives.

Mrs · Married on 01/02/2016

I knew DJ Kalifornia is a VERY high demand DJ that books pretty quick. He's considered the best DJ in Rochester by TONS of people and wedding vendors, so I wasn't sure if he would have my wedding date available but surprisingly he did. A few friends of mine in the wedding industry also had a lot of great things to say about him so I booked a meeting. I loved his attitude and desire to make my event unique and represent my husband and I as well as our family and friends.

He wanted to know about the theme, the events that would take place that evening, and honestly more details than the day of planner which took me back by surprise in a good way of course! His attention to detail to mind blowing. Not only did this make me feel at ease, but he became an integral part in the planning process that I truly appreciated. We met a few times and every time he had great ideas and I felt like he really cared about my husband and I and wanted to make our evening unforgettable. Man did he deliver!

I went to MANY weddings the year leading up to ours and each and every time I felt like the DJ took away or even killed the evening. Or worse, they were a total let down. Some of those DJ's were with a couple of the pretty big companies locally too who claim to be the best which made it more shocking at how bad they were. Not ours! Everyone danced the night away all the way till the clock struck 12 and the dance floor was never empty. Josh (DJ Kalifornia) knew exactly what to play to keep all of the age groups who attended having a great time. It was spectacular and I'm so grateful that Josh was part of it. I would highly recommend him to a bride who wants a DJ who really cares and knows what he's

Stacy · Married on 01/02/2016

Josh was an amazing DJ!! He was the 5th DJ that we met with when searching for one because we wanted someone who was going to read our crowd, be flexible and able to carry the night for us while providing a lot of energy. He did exactly that - AND he suggested music for a few important parts of the night that our friends and family are still talking about! He made the whole process really easy and really fun and feel like we couldn't have had anyone else do it better. Would highly recommend booking Kalifornia Entertainment for your wedding!

Cindy · Married on 12/19/2015

KALIFORNIA ENTERTAINMENT IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS! DONT LET ANYONE ELSE TELL YOU DIFFERENTLY OR THAT THEY ARE AS GOOD AS THIS COMPANY. JOSH GOES SO MUCH ABOVE YOUR EXPECTATIONS IT'LL MAKE YOUR HEAD SPIN (IN A GOOD WAY THAT IS). HE REMAINS RIGHT BY YOUR SIDE THROUGH THE ENTIRE PLANNING PROCESS OFFERING SUGGESTIONS AND HELP. HE ALSO HAVE A WONDERFUL LIST OF VENDORS HE REFERS YOU TO WHEN YOU NEED OTHER THINGS AND A SIGN OF A GREAT DJ IS THAT HE WORKS PERFECTLY WITH YOUR VENUE, COORDINATOR AND ALL THE OTHER VENDORS IN ATTENDANCE. JOSH DOES THAT WITH EASE.

HIS SOUND AND LIGHTING IS THE BEST OUT THERE AND HIS PHOTO BOOTH IS SO EASY AND FUN TO USE. HE HAS UPLIGHTING THAT CAN MATCH YOUR WEDDING COLORS AND HE DOES A MONOGRAM THAT EVERYONE KEPT SAYING WAS BREATHTAKING.

HE KEPT THE ENERGY ALIVE ALL NIGHT BUT ALSO KNEW WHEN TO SLOW THINGS DOWN FOR THE OLDER GUESTS AND COUPLES. HE ALSO DID THE ANNIVERSARY DANCE AND MY GRANDPARENTS WERE THE LAST ONES OUT ON THE DANCE FLOOR, WHICH JOSH GOT EVERYONE TO CLAP AND CHEER FOR THEM.

YOU WILL NOT EVER FIND A BETTER DJ THAN JOSH AND KALIFORNIA ENTERTAINMENT. HE BOOKS VERY FAST AND I CAN SEE WHY. AS A BRIDE YOU WANT THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR WEDDING. JOSH IS THE BEST SO IF YOU ARE EXTREMELY PICKY ABOUT YOUR WEDDING AND WANT PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT HOW FUN AND AMAZING YOUR WEDDING WAS, THEN CHOOSE KALIFORNIA ENTERTAINMENT FIRST AND ONLY!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Angela · Married on 11/13/2015

Where to even begin? Josh was absolutely wonderful to work with! From the moment I met him, his personality and easy going nature had me sold. He was always very responsive to emails and phone calls, no matter how crazy an idea I had come up with. He's extremely helpful with planning the events of the day and making the song choices. Very patient and always professional. Especially in the last few weeks leading up to the wedding. My wedding could not have been more perfect! Everything flowed so smoothly, everyone was laughing and having a great time. I had never realized how much the DJ effects the mood of a wedding. He was just so awesome! We had people dancing we had never seen dance before! A great time was had by all, and we have Kalifornia Entertainment to thank. Our day would not have been the same without him and I will recommend him to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Tanya · Married on 10/24/2015

I was very impressed with the presentation of the DJ booth, uplighting and monogram that Josh brought! When I walked in I was very surprised with how everything looked! It was the best one I've seen comparing it to the pictures that other companies post. I had a more elegant themed wedding and Josh was able to match my theme 100% perfectly! He did a great job reading the crowd and keeping the dance floor full of guests the entire night! There was never a time where there wasnt more than 30 or 40 people on the dance floor until the last song was played. The photo booth was also a great hit and guests loved having print outs of their pictures! I would most definitely use Kalifornia Entertainment again and I'll refer him to anyone searching for a great DJ!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Julia · Married on 10/04/2015

DJ Kalifornia did an amazing job! Everyone came up to us at the end of the reception saying that our wedding was the most fun of any they had ever been to, and it was totally thanks to Josh.

Our meetings with him prior to the event were incredibly helpful. He asked a ton of questions we hadn’t even thought of, and we felt very comfortable that everything was covered on the big day. He accommodated any special requests that we had – I’ll admit I’m kind of picky when it comes to song choice and the general flow of the evening, and he completely knocked it out of the park! He also added some of his own fun ideas that really made the night memorable for us and all of our guests.

The dance floor was full the entire night. Almost all of our guests were out there dancing and singing along to every song until the very end, when we had to close down at 1am. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding or other special event. Thank you so much Josh!

Alexis · Married on 09/27/2015

The easiest way to write this review is to say if you are looking for the most professional DJ who can ensure the energy remains during your reception or your audio during the ceremony is perfect, Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment is the only person I would recommend! We absolutely loved working with him and would not have changed a single thing about his involvement or his service even if we could go back and do it all over again. Some companies claim to be the best but sorry to say, they can't do what Josh does and I am completely convinced that Josh is literally the best in Rochester and we give him our highest recommendation!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Julie · Married on 09/19/2015

Josh went above and beyond our expectations! He was a wonderful DJ for our wedding. He is very kind, responds quickly, professional, has the best communication and customer service and is so much fun! He made sure everything was perfect and just the way we wanted it! He had everyone out on the floor dancing - even my husbands grandmother! Everyone had a blast. I highly recommend Josh and Kalifornia Entertainment if you want your wedding to be memorable! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Heather · Married on 09/13/2015

Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment is extremely detailed and organized. He keeps you on task with his preparation and follow up. He makes planning your reception about more than just the music and help to insert unique and fun ideas to make yours a one of a kind celebration. But that's just to start.

His DJ equipment and lighting is top of the line. His uplighting and monograms are beautiful. His photobooth and props are a blast. The printed pictures you get after using the photobooth are a keepsake you can keep forever. Josh also gave my husband and I a little wedding favor that was unique to us that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Josh is much more than just a DJ. He takes what he does very serious and he never stops going above and beyond for you. He helps you build a plan and then he executes that plan with razor sharp precision.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Tracy · Married on 09/13/2015

Josh was awesome! His way of conducting business is 5 stars. I wish I could rate him 100 stars if it was possible. He spent a lot of time making sure our wedding was perfect and he nailed it. Our dance floor was full the whole night and when people start dancing even before dinner is over with, you know you're going to have a great wedding. Picking the right DJ is very important because they handle all of the entertainment for the entire night. Kalifornia Entertainment is definitely in a league of their own and is the best out there. Thank you Josh for making our wedding perfect!

Kristin · Married on 08/28/2015

Josh (DJ Kalifornia) was amazing to work with from the very start! He was kind, down to earth, very organized, flexible, and very helpful! We had some unique songs that we didn't think he would have but he had ALL of them on the day of our wedding. Josh provided our ceremony music and reception music, even though they were in two different locations. Then, when it ended up pouring on the day of the wedding, he was so flexible and set up a tent so we could still have our ceremony outdoors as we'd planned!

During the reception, Josh kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night without a single break or lapse in energy and even let my 10 year old nephew "help" him DJ for a little while and got pics of him behind the DJ table for us. We loved working with Josh, our guests thought he was great and many people told us his personality was the best they had ever seen from a DJ. We would hire him again in a heartbeat. We highly recommend Kalifornia Entertainment!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Leah · Married on 08/09/2015

IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!! I am so impressed with Kalifornia Entertainment's service and Josh was professional and a blast. He was totally involved the whole time. Everyone at the reception couldn't say enough great things about the music. I will recommend your service to all that are having a party or wedding. LOVED EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR US!!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Shawna · Married on 08/02/2015

OH EM GEE! Not enough words can be said about Josh and Kalifornia Entertainment. WONDERFUL! THE BEST! AMAZING! SPECTACULAR! CARING! CHARISMATIC! OUTSTANDING! OUT OF THIS WORLD! I could go on and on but you get the idea. He did so much for my husband and I and I will forever be grateful for him and his ability to make our wedding amazing. I swear to God, if you have Josh for your wedding, consider yourself the luckiest bride and groom in Rochester. Josh's customer service, his personality, his equipment and lighting, his way of going above expectations, everything about him is what you definitely want for your wedding. I will recommend him until the day I die. HE IS THEEEE BEEEEESSSTT DJ EVER!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Amy · Married on 07/19/2015

Josh was incredible! From the moment we sat down and met with him we knew we would be in good hands. Josh was quite familiar with the venue we had chosen and did such a wonderful job reading the crowd throughout the evening. He also did an excellent job accommodating and meeting our needs and budget. We would highly recommend Kalifornia Entertainment to anyone out there who is looking for a DJ!

diane · Married on 07/12/2015

we are so happy that we chose kalifornia entertainment to dj our wedding. so many of our guests told us that our dj, josh (dj kalifornia), was the best dj they had ever had at a wedding. we were a little nervous that our guests would be shy to dance and participate, but josh made such a fun atmosphere that everyone couldn't help but participate. everyone had so much fun with the photo booth too at the reception and loved the music choices. hiring this company was definitely one of the best vendor decisions that we made for our wedding.

Sent on 12/29/2016