Kalifornia Entertainment Reviews

123 Reviews for Kalifornia Entertainment

Kalifornia Entertainment 1
Kalifornia Entertainment 2

Kayla · Married on 09/07/2017

If I could give Kalifornia Entertainment and Joshua more than 5 stars, I definitely would! He was absolutely amazing and worked with us the entire time answering any and every question we had along the way. Throughout the planning process he was incredibly professional and friendly. His communication and customer service skills are world renowned.

My husband and I loved working with him. He kept the party going all night. The ceremony songs were timed perfectly and the music at dinner wasn't too loud. He did an awesome job directing people and interacting with us and our guests as if he'd known us for years. His photobooth was so much fun and easy to use, his lighting transformed our venue beautifully, and his animated monogram with fireworks display on the wall had everyone amazed. Our last song of the night, he had everyone create a circle around us and it was the best send off we could have imagined. We had the best time. His pricing was better than other companies we contacted too for those of you who are looking for good deals. We will recommend DJ Kalifornia to all of our friends and family who have any DJ needs!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Judy · Married on 08/31/2017

I would recommend Josh in a heartbeat! DJ Kalifornia definitely OVER delivered! Everyone LOVED him as our DJ!! I think even a few selfies were taken with him at the DJ booth by some of our guests because they loved him so much! He kept everything at the reception on pace, played a great mix of songs, and transitioned from classic cocktail hour to dinner music to dance party music easily. Josh was ALWAYS great to work with during planning stages, and just made everything so easy and stress free. Working with him was better than working with any other vendor we had. He really listened to what we were striving for, and there wasn't a single person who didn't dance at our wedding! When you still have 60 to 70 people dancing until the last minute the venue let us stay there and all those people clap for your DJ after the last song, that tells you how great Josh is. I would definitely hire him again for a future event and I HIGHLY recommend his services to any couple who wants their wedding to be the best time ever!!!!!!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Haleigh · Married on 08/25/2017

We were so happy we choose Josh from Kalifornia Entertainment as our DJ! We were so impressed with his down to earth manner, how he approached DJing, his professionalism and simply how nice he was towards us and all of our guests. We were not looking for a hype man, and he asked all the right questions to make sure he was giving us exactly what we wanted on our wedding day. We provided him with a list of songs for dinner and cocktail hour – Josh played those and then some. He was conscience of the crowd and the mood. We really appreciated how thoughtful and attentive he was without being in the way during the reception. It was perfect! When dinner was over with, our dance floor was packed all night. We received so many compliments on how wonderful Josh was and how he was able to get everyone dancing nonstop. He even joined us on the dance floor and showed us his killer breakdancing and hip hop moves. He taught a bunch of our guests how to do some choreography and it was a big hit. Kalifornia Entertainment delivered! Thank you Josh for making our reception amazing.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Kate · Married on 08/20/2017

When booking a DJ for your wedding...this is your DJ! As a bride you have so much going on and planning to complete. Josh helps keep you organized and makes sure on the day of your wedding you are not worrying about anything, but having fun and enjoying your wedding day. He helped make sure the wedding ran smoothly and even the venue ran to him for questions and advice. Our guests can not stop raving about his music and how he kept us on the dance floor all night! His photobooth was a blast. He designed a custom monogram that was animated and played right above our cake table. His uplighting was free. Everything about him was great. Brides & Grooms this is your DJ!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Christina · Married on 08/19/2017

We searched for a DJ and we were dissatisfied with a lot of the businesses out there. Came across Kalifornia Entertainment through a referal and it was the best decision we could have made. Definitely the best DJ in town for our wedding. He made the dance floor stay alive by playing music everyone loved. He saw what drew the crowd and stuck to playing crowd pleasers. There are no words to describe how grateful we were to have chosen Josh as our DJ. He did everything with perfection, professionalism, and everything we had discussed in our meetings the days and months prior to our wedding. If I could give him 10 stars I would. We were so happy that after our wedding ended we even stayed for about 30 minutes just telling him how grateful we were to have chosen him. He made our wedding go smoothly and took tons of pressure off of us by keeping everything on schedule and making all the important events happen smoothly. Seeing our families faces the next day light up when they all talked about how fun the night was and how great the DJ was is something I will never forget. If you want a stress free wedding, Kalifornia Entertainment is the one to make it happen. Thank you Josh for everything. We truly appreciate it!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Natalie · Married on 08/18/2017

My wedding was fun, upbeat and everyone raved how much they loved it. This is all thanks to Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment. A DJ will make or break your wedding and Josh for sure made ours amazing. His personality, his eye for detail, his ability to go above and beyond, his music choices, his lighting, his professional set up, his photo booth and his extreme level of commitment to making everything perfect is something you absolutely will not find with many other DJs. Thank you Josh for making our wedding day one that we will remember for the rest of our lives.
    The Millers

Sent on 08/25/2017

Kristie · Married on 08/06/2017

Kalifornia Entertainment went above and beyond for my wedding. He has a very strong attention to detail and has razor sharp focus on making your day perfect. He will make sure your wedding is the best anyone has ever been to and he will have everyone dancing until the last second. He has a professional personality with world class customer service. Everyone loved him at our wedding and everyone at your wedding will love him too. His photo booth was a huge hit with everyone and everything else he supplies was great. If you want a world class DJ at your wedding, the only person on your mind should be Josh (DJ Kalifornia). But as a warning to anyone who reads this review, he books very fast because he's that good and the best in the business. So get him while you can if he has your date open.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Angel · Married on 07/08/2017

I can't express how wonderful Kalifornia Entertainment has been for all of my events!! He goes out of his way to bring you excellent customer service. Every we use him for our guests are beyond entertained and impressed. His service provides more than just music and lighting. It's truly an experience everyone will remember!!

Natalie · Married on 07/01/2017

DJ Kalifornia is the best. When wedding planning, you put a lot of trust into strangers that they will be available and provide their 'A' game. DJ Kalifornia did not disappoint! He was organized, professional, and pleasant to work with. He was always available and open to ideas that we had to make our wedding reception unique. From the photobooth designs to the personalized monogram and the play list ranging from 70's Disco to present day, we felt DJ Kalifornia met our needs perfectly! Our wedding reception was an awesome party! Everyone was on the dance floor (including Kalifornia himself!) and had a great time. Thank you for making our wedding reception awesome,stress free, and a day we will never forget!

Gratefully, The Dixon's

Sent on 07/22/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/18/2017

Josh was awesome! We were very lucky to have him for our wedding because we didn't think he would have our date available but he did. Granted we had to book him almost 16 months ahead of our wedding but we were so relieved to have him. Josh is amazing at what he does and he takes your wedding very serious. His professionalism and personal care he takes for your day is the best. He was the only vendor who kept in constant contact with us throughout our whole wedding planning in order to help with every little detail. Our dance floor was packed all night, people didn't want to leave at 11:00 when it was scheduled to be done so Josh played an extra 20 minutes just for us. His photo booth was so much fun and our guests loved the printed pics. If you're looking for the #1 DJ in Rochester, it shouldn't even be a second thought to hire Josh. Thank you for everything you did for us and for making our wedding one that we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2017

No one else can compare to Kalifornia Entertainment's dedication to make your wedding special! Josh goes above and beyond to provide clients with the best services for an affordable price. Could not recommend anyone higher!

Miranda · Married on 04/30/2017

DJ Kalifornia did my friends wedding that my husband and I were in so we got to see him perform first hand. He didn't disappoint then and he sure as heck didn't disappoint for my wedding. He went above and beyond for us from all the planning help and advice to everything he had our wedding. Uplighting, 2 direct monograms, an animated fireworks display on the wall, his photobooth and fun props to his music selection. Our dance floor was filled from dinner to the end of the night. If you want a really fun DJ who also is an amazing dancer himself, that will communicate, have an awesome personality, and make your wedding better than anyone elses, choose Kalifornia Entertainment.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Adam · Married on 04/23/2017

Alrighty, lets get down to business. Josh with Kalifornia Entertainment was mine and my fiance's favorite vendor we hired for the entire day. His eye for detail and professionalism is the best I have seen not just from a wedding vendor but from an actual individual. I work with some serious OCD people and Josh's OCD to make sure your day is perfect is beyond this world.

His DJ set up, his lighting, his photo booth, his monogram, his uplighting, his mixing, his ability to keep the dance floor filled from beginning to end, and his personality and charisma is amazing. When you hear about Josh and Kalifornia Entertainment being in very high demand and booking weddings over 2 years out, it's very easy to see why. Consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky if you have Josh at your wedding. He is beyond a reasonable doubt THE NUMBER ONE DJ in Rochester. Hire him, and don't wait until tomorrow. DO IT RIGHT NOW or risk having someone no where near of his caliber, experience and professionalism.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Christy · Married on 04/16/2017

Where do I begin with this review? Josh aka DJ Kalifornia made my wedding amazing. He took so much time to assure our day was the best ever. He's extremely detail orientated, extremely professional, extremely courteous, extremely customer service based, extremely dedicated to make your wedding the best for everyone there. His photo booth was a big hit, his music was perfect, his attention to the crowd was spot on and everything about his services put him at the top of the business.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Lynn · Married on 02/10/2017

I cannot recommend Josh of Kalifornia Entertainment enough. We met with quite a few different DJ's before deciding Josh was the best option for us. He was the only one to take time to get to know my husband and i and really understand what our vision was for the wedding. My husband is quite particular with his music choices and Josh was so accommodating to our requests. His excitement for our wedding and making sure he put on the best show possible was so genuine. Contacting him was so easy, he was always available to answer any questions or deal with any special requests we had. I can't imagine going with a different DJ because Josh was just so perfect in every way for our wedding. I will be recommending him to anybody that's willing to listen for as long as I possibly can. He helped make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Robert · Married on 01/28/2017

Josh from Kaifornia Entertainment IS THE MAN! Seriously hes awesome. My wife and I met him about a year ago and hes was great through the entire planning. He kept in touch with us every few weeks to see how we were doing and helped us with so much. The actual wedding day went off flawlessly. He supplied music for our ceremony, great music for dinner, and he turned our reception into an all out party. Our dance floor was packed all night and our guests loved his photo booth. He worked very hard to make sure our day was unique and the best it could be. Our guests loved him and he booked 4 weddings from people who attended ours. Our photographer and the venue manager raved about him and said he was the best DJ they had ever worked with. Do yourself a favor and contact Josh for your wedding because it'll be the best thing you can do. Thank you Josh for making our wedding the best!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Kathy · Married on 11/13/2016

We had been to quite a few weddings over the summer and Josh was by FAR the best DJ that we've seen! He was there whenever we needed to meet or speak with him, always kept us in the loop, and kept our dance floor packed the ENTIRE night! His energy, talent, and great music is what made our wedding so fun! My husband and I will definitely be recommending Josh to all of our friends, engaged or not! We hope to be a guest at a future wedding that Josh DJ's at or maybe we can try and make it out some night when he's playing at a local bar or nightclub!! Thank you again Josh and Kalifornia Entertainment!!!

Maggie · Married on 11/07/2016

I'm a wedding photographer that has done 62 weddings in 2016, and over 50 in both 2015 and 2014. That's over 160 weddings I've shot just in 3 years. I have worked with every single wedding vendor and at every single venue there is in Rochester. When it comes to DJ's, Kalifornia Entertainment is truly the #1 business out there. Josh is able to bring a certain energy to his weddings that I have yet to see from anybody else. His personality and interaction with brides, grooms and guests is also something I have yet to see any other DJ beat him at. His song choices and the way he's able to cater to people who are on the dance floor is spot on and the way he works with vendors is mind blowing. He doesn't just check in with the bride and groom and guests during the night, but he also checks in with the photographer, videographer, coordinator and other vendors to see if there is anything they need or want. When people say Josh is the #1 DJ in Rochester, it's not just because of the way he plays music. It's because of his giant heart, what he does for others and how he puts other people before himself to assure they have the best day ever. I keep all of Josh's info in a folder and when I meet with every single bride and groom, I tell them about Josh, what he does for people and how great he is. I've had 6 or 7 people now actually cancel with the DJ they had previously chosen and went with Josh because of my referrals and they were extremely thankful for it. So, if you want the absolute best in entertainment, look no further than this company right here on this page!

Sent on 12/23/2016

Cheryl · Married on 11/06/2016

Hiring a DJ was the scariest part of the wedding planning, there's not really any way to experience the DJ ahead of time. But trust me – meet with Josh!!! He was so great from our very first meeting. I told Josh that I didn't have a wedding planner, he suggested a few great ones to me but I just didn’t ever end up hiring one, but he really ended up helping me to run the reception the entire night. I didn't worry once about when certain things like the bouquet toss, etc. would happen and most importantly my family, friends and bridal party all felt like a guest and had ZERO responsibility or “jobs” at the reception, because I knew Josh and our venue coordinator would handle those things as a team.

Every guest, family member and even my photographer have told me SEVERAL times what a FUN party my reception was and some have even texted and called me to ask me “who was your DJ he ROCKED!” Our venue coordinator and manager even told us they plan on referring Josh to every bride they talk to because even they both were highly impressed with him. Ensure that your reception will be non-stressful and so FUN -- email and hire Josh! There are so many DJ’s out there that they all MIGHT seem to be the same, but one thing I never thought about when planning, was think OUTSIDE of just music, its so much more and if you work with a great DJ who does more than just show up and play music, you will have a great reception!

Erica · Married on 11/06/2016

DJ Kalifornia was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I kept hearing from my guests all night was, "Your DJ is on point!, That DJ tho!, Your DJ is the bomb!" He mixed our first dance track and it was a crowd pleaser! We did a special dance that had 7 different songs and Josh mixed them perfectly just the way we wanted and his timing was spot on to match our choreography. The entire room was soooooo hype! People are still talking about how much fun they had. I'm telling you people! DJ Kalifornia (Josh) is WORTH every penny! If you want your wedding day to go perfect with class, professionalism, and FUN! Invest in Kalifornia Entertainment. And book him fast. He gets booked almost an entire year in advance all the time so move fast. Music is a very important part of your day. It sets the tone! DJ Kalifornia has a talent that makes your day PERFECT! It's easy to see why has been voted the best DJ in Rochester so many times. Thank you so much Josh!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Megan · Married on 10/22/2016

If you're looking for a top notch, affordable DJ that won't just make a playlist but will actually stand at his booth and mix music all night... Then Josh is your guy. He not only helped me on the music end of things but he was there to answer any questions I had and offered up other valuable wedding vendors that he's worked with to ease my decision making for our wedding.

Kelly · Married on 10/16/2016

We just can't say enough positive things about Josh. After meeting with 5 DJ’s, we were starting to lose hope. When we met Josh though, it was very clear that he was of much higher quality and professionalism and we very quickly trusted him. Josh knew what he was talking about, he listened to what we wanted and suggested stuff without forcing them on us. During the planning process, he was always available and promptly responsive. At the wedding, he kept track of everything and reminding us of next steps as needed. Josh was not just the DJ, but instead was the go to person before the dancing part started, and not to mention that he did a great job with the music throughout the evening. We danced all night long and didn't want to stop once. His photo booth went over great with everyone, his lighting was beautiful, his sound equipment was like being in a fancy concert hall, his pricing was better than the other 5 DJ's we met and his persona in everything he does is world class. I can understand why Josh was voted the best DJ in Rochester and you will too if you are lucky enough to have him at your wedding.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Josh went above and beyond the role of DJ for our wedding in October. He not only organized and arranged music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, providing lighting, an amazing and easy to use photobooth, but he also stepped up when our wedding coordinator failed to do her job, and helped the evening go as smoothly as possible with transitions and notifications to guests. He kept the dancefloor lively and full, playing awesome mixes and classic hits that our guests loved. I know I had an extremely hard time leaving the dancefloor because I loved every song and just wanted to keep dancing! Josh demonstrated his professionalism and excellent communication skills early on from our initial meeting and to this day keeps in touch with us. Josh is super personable, fun, flexible, and committed to making your event exceed your expectations and more! We have already had several people comment on how awesome Josh was at our wedding and we continue to put his name out there as a recommendation for an amazingly talented DJ for any occasion! If he has your date open, do not miss an opportunity to hire him as your DJ!!!

Maria · Married on 10/07/2016

I used to work at a local well known business that catered for large events such as weddings, birthday parties, and graduations. While working these events, I became a fly on the wall observing all sorts of weddings from luxurious weddings to smaller events and weddings. I would take notes of things that I liked about all of the receptions and parties (dreaming of one day incorporating similar things into my own) such as music, lighting, announcements, energy and decorations.

When I worked a wedding that was hosted and Dj'ed by Josh, I immediately saw the difference between him and the 40 to 45 different DJ's that have been there over the years and thought, "This was the way to go!". The whole wedding was smoother, no lulls or awkward moments and was just better than any other wedding I had worked. Josh has something about him that I have never seen with any other DJ.

The guests were glued to the dance floor. There was no confusion of "what should we be doing now?". Beyond that though, it was Josh's energy that won me over (and by "won over" I mean that I decided I wanted him for my wedding). My future husband and I reached out to him, saw that he had our date available and screamed with joy when we realized we would have him at ours.

Josh has this contagious positive energy that lights up the room. I wholeheartedly recommend him for anyone who is considering hiring a Dj. He is extremely professional, personable, and fun to be around. He's a fabulous DJ and MC that is sure to keep your guests smiling and entertained, better than anyone I have ever worked around, heard or seen.

Michelle · Married on 10/02/2016

Josh did a great job as DJ for our wedding!! Leading up to the wedding, he was helpful offering suggestions as I was coming up with the playlist and time-line and followed them both exactly the day of. He is also not one of those DJs that takes your wedding as an opportunity to moonlight as a stand-up comedian, which was very important to me. He made the day all about us. Josh is a great value for the money and his services are less than anyone else and he includes so much for no money unlike many other companies in the area who will charge for you little things. I would definitely recommend him for your wedding! Our guests had a great time on the dance floor!! The dance floor never ever stopped. No exaggeration. And the way Josh mixed songs was amazing. He knew exactly what to play at the right moments. Let me just say this. You know you have the best DJ ever when at the end of the night, he receives a clapping ovation from all of the guests there. That tells you something about Josh and how good he is.

Sent on 12/09/2016