Kakes by Karen Reviews

Kakes by Karen 2
Kakes by Karen 3

Jill · Married on 11/11/2018

Gorgeous and delicious

Karen designed and baked my cake exactly as desired. Thrilled with the results!!

Randi Denton · Married on 10/13/2018

Personal and pleasant

Karen was always so warm and sweet! Her cakes are delicious and unique. You won't be disappointed.

Susanna · Married on 07/07/2018

Everything was wonderful!
    Our cake was beautifully designed and delish!!!
    We highly recommend Karen & her team to everyone! ❤

Kakes by Karen 4

Janet · Married on 05/04/2018

Absolutely beautiful cake/cupcakes
    Did the ombré look! Beautiful!
    I believe 6 different Samples of cake flavors and frosting

• PhillyLindseyVonnC

Lindsey · Married on 11/17/2017

Kakes by Karen was an absolute blessing! Best cake designer ever, if you chose anywhere else you are crazy. They were super responsive, sweet, and caring through out the entire process! Definitely one of the nicest people I have ever met! On top of all that crazy talented, beautiful designs and simply delicious cakes! I set recommend kakes by Karen for all of you dessert needs!!!

Maria · Married on 10/07/2017

Kakes by Karen is amazingly talented with their cake designs & flavors! We went in for a cake testing a couple of months before wedding.. Karen and her assistants were very friendly and easy to work with. It was fun! We decided on a unique design for our beach wedding, and are very pleased with the results! I would absolutely recommend Kakes by Karen both for design and the many flavors to choose from.

Kakes by Karen 5
    Kakes by Karen 6

paloma · Married on 05/08/2017

Kakes by karen just blew my mind when i saw my cake.. it was amazing..I fell in love and the cake was delicious.. received amazing feedback regarding the taste of the cake.. I recommend them to others.. i wish i could post pictures of my cake..

• Claire

Claire · Married on 05/06/2017

Our cake was amazing. We did our cake tasting a year before the wedding when we visited from Illinois. Cake was delicious and made with all natural coloring (i.e. red velvet had no red dye). Karen worked with Botanicals on the Gulf next door that we used for floral to get some flowers on the cake. It was gorgeous and they let us have some good creative freedom with how we wanted the frosting. Great service all around. Highly recommend!

Corey · Married on 05/05/2017

they are AMAZING! I worked with Courtney throughout the process of creating my cake, but sometimes Karen. I wanted a unique cake, travel themed to go with my wedding theme. I sent them a few pictures and they created a master piece. Let me tell you, the cakes not only look incredible they taste even better! They are so awesome to work with on top of it all! My only regret is that I didn't get to eat my cake I wanted to badly the night of the wedding! BUT they make you a 1 year anniversary cake if you are in the area of your choosing, so you bet I'll be around then next year! (: I also did a grooms cake, and they were so helpful with that as well, it was getting down to the wire and they helped me find a topper because I was having difficulty finding what I wanted! Thanks you guys! My favorite!!

andrea · Married on 02/26/2017

Karen and her team are great. Very nice, patient and helpful! The cakes are the most amazing cakes I have ever had!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Kakes by Karen's reply:

Thank you Andrea! It was our absolute pleasure working with you guys! You got married on a perfect day and we are so happy we got to be part of your wedding experience. We adore you guys and send many blessings your way! Congrats again and thank you so much for your review! XOXO

Shannon · Married on 02/11/2017

Her is the best Cake in this town. We could not have asked for a better. Karen and her team was awesome every step of the way. we highly recommend her to any one the need a cake.

Alex · Married on 12/10/2016

Karen and her entire team was a pleasure to work with. Our cake was BEAUTIFUL!!!! Karen was so creative and sweet and took the time to help fix the cake stand we had ordered the day of the wedding because it was too wobbly to put the cake on. She really takes pride in her work. And the cake was delicious as well, our guests loved it!

• User7642026 · 2+ years ago

Karen is wonderful. She's full of such great ideas and really is an artist in her craft. Not only is she super friendly and amazing to work with, but her cakes taste amazing!

Lynn · Married on 12/09/2016

Karen & Courtney are absolutely AMAZING! They made the entire cake/dessert part of the wedding so easy and stress-free! We had a small 2-tiered wedding cake and tons of cupcakes at our wedding which our guests are still raving about. Unfortunately, our wedding vendor threw away the remaining cake/cupcakes so my husband and I didnt get any. Karen and Courtney were so nice to make us an entirely new tray just for us! They both go above and beyond and I am so grateful I found them! I also had a special groom cake made for my husband for the rehearsal dinner that was fantastic! He was completely shocked and the cake was delicious. I cant wait for our 1 year anniversary so we can have more cake!!

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2016

Karen did a wonderful job with your cake. Everyone thought that it tasted amazing, it looked beautiful and everyone was super helpful with the planning and execution. Would highly recommend and definitely get the key lime cake.

Russ · Married on 10/29/2016

I really don't know where to start so I will just do the best I can. My wife and I decided to have a Halloween wedding, or Hallowedding as we called it. She planned every detail and chose all the props etc. She told me about Kakes by Karen and said she wanted the cake to be made there because Karen and her staff were the best in the business. I agreed to check it out and then she convinced me to go to the tasting with her. I am glad I did, the staff and Karen herself are awesome very friendly people. BUT the cake, WOW, I literally was in cake heaven. I liked it so much I even helped choose our 4 flavors. I also ate most of the samples myself. Now the design. I was honestly worried even after seeing the beautiful cakes they make. My wife literally sketched a cake on paper, they discussed details and colors and other things I can't even imagine. Then somehow Karen and her team took that sketch, and conversation and turned it into one of the coolest, best tasting custom cakes I have ever seen or ate. We had around 125 guests and they loved that cake so much that it is still being talked about a week later, and I mean design , taste, details , color , everyone is as amazed as we are. Kakes by Karen made my wifes dream cake and that to me was worth way more than it actually cost. *But I loved it too ! Thank you Karen & staff, I know all the custom work you had to do. So for me, I'd rate you higher if they would let me. Russ Peppard

• Taylor

Taylor · Married on 10/09/2016

I can't say enough about Karen and her staff! I went in for the cake tasting and I felt right at home. She was in the kitchen so another staff member held the tasting but Karen made coffee for my mom and I and sat and talked with us. The cake was amazing first of all and her designs are gorgeous! She pays so much attention to detail and from talking with her I can tell she absolutely loves making stunning and delicious cakes for her clients :)

Sent on 10/13/2016

Kakes by Karen's reply:

Taylor, Congrats on your recent nuptials and many thanks for your review!!! You were a sweetheart to work with and it is I who has to thank you for being so patient and sweet! It was our pleasure working with you and we cannot thank you enough for giving us the opportunity to be part of your special day! We send many blessings and best wishes for a lifetime of love and endless happiness! Congrats again! We adore you! XOXO

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2016

Courtney and Karen did our wedding cake and cupcakes. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. All of the cupcakes looked and tasted fantastic! They were also wonderful to work with. Their excellent communication made everything go smoothly. Extremely friendly and professional throughout the entire process and very easy to coordinate with.

Doreen · Married on 07/25/2016

Courtney was so helpful and wonderful over the phone. She made the process so smooth especially because we were organizing from long distance. From the moment I sent the picture of the cake to the time that it was delivered, (by Karen herself), I was totally blown away by the end product and all the extras they included. They went above and beyond our expectations. I can't thank them enough for making my niece's wedding an awesome event.

Mya · Married on 07/25/2016

Karen was literally and figuratively our sweetest vendor! She’s so artistically talented and her cakes are delicious. My new husband and I can’t wait until next year when we get to enjoy our top tier again! :D
    Karen and Courtney were so easy to communicate and plan with. I absolutely LOVED my five-tier design we ended up settling on. The four cake and icing flavors had to be delicious based on how quickly my 90 guests ate everything; I only got to try one flavor!
    Karen delivered and placed the flowers provided by my event designer on the cake the day of my wedding. Everything went so smoothly. My aunt raved at how sweet Karen was.
    I didn’t actually get to see the cake until I walked into the reception area after the ceremony, after everyone else was already eating. It was gorgeous and was most certainly the highlight of my reception! Thank you so much, Karen! It was everything I wanted!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2016

Karen and Courtney were great to work with! I sent them pictures of what I wanted and Karen was able to create the perfect wedding cake for us! They were also able to stay within a price range I was comfortable with. The shop is super cute too if you get a chance to stop by!

Wedding 5/21/16-We booked with Kakes by Karen through the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We ordered both a traditional wedding cake and a groom's cake. They both came out absolutely perfect. The groom's cake went along with his Maker's Mark/Bourbon theme and was a hit. Everyone absolutely loved the bourbon bottle and barrel, they didn't even look like a cake. We highly recommend Kakes by Karen. They were very professional and extremely nice. They responded to emails within 24 hours and let us stop by any time we were in town planning (we planned from Pittsburgh). The cake tasting was a lot of fun, we highly recommend doing a tasting before selecting your cake!

Kendall · Married on 04/30/2016

Designing and ordering our wedding cake was a breeze with Kakes by Karen! I was able to do the whole thing by email and they even made a take-home tasting for us to fit our busy schedules! We got to taste the DELICIOUS cakes at home at our leisure. I never doubted that the cake would turn out beautiful or that they wouldn't quite get the design we were looking for because the communication was easy. The day of, our cake showed up and it was gorgeous! The cake was phenomenal and I know everybody else enjoyed it too!

maarja · Married on 04/10/2016

Holy moly, amazing cake! Kakes by Karen made a beautiful, three-tier almond/red velvet/guava, light blue wedding cake with shell accents. It was wonderful to look at and absolutely delicious. Courtney in the office was great with questions and explaining the whole decision process. They have so many flavor and filling options - it’s a little overwhelming! But they help you navigate the process and I couldn’t be happier with our decision!

Lisa · Married on 01/30/2016

Best cake I have ever seen and tasted.
    Absolute perfection!
    Karen and her staff are very professional and caring!!