Kai-Photo Hawaii Reviews

51 | Honolulu, HI

51 Reviews for Kai-Photo Hawaii

Tiare · Married on 07/10/2011

There is so much to know and decide on when it comes to your wedding but the first thing I knew for sure I wanted once Gary proposed was Kai-Photo.

I remember first looking through their pictures online a few years ago and being amazed at how they captured every detail and moment of the event. You can literally feel the emotions of the people who are in the picture, and that is exactly what we wanted! Being able to look back years from now through our wedding pictures and still being able to feel the excitement and joy from our day.

The first thing we did was our engagement photos. Now our theme was very unique (apple meets droid) but Kyler and Grace were so excited over it and even gave amazing suggestions to go along with the theme! We had so much fun just being ourselves throughout the entire photoshoot with Kyler! Once the pictures came out and the invitations were sent, our family and friends were very impressed!

Leading up to the wedding I began to appreciate them even more! Their customer service is amazing especially since anytime I had any questions, they got back to me ASAP. Not many vendors do that! Grace is so organized in what she does that you feel safe knowing that everything will turn out perfect!

On the day of the wedding everything went very smooth which I know is hard to believe! I would sometimes hear other horror stories about different vendors not showing up on time or not knowing what’s going to happen next… but this was definitely not the case with Kai-Photo! They came prepared with their timeline knowing exactly what should happen so that it didn’t stress me out at all. Plus they prepared me for what pictures were going to happen next which was awesome because with everything going on, it was so hard to remember! They even came up with amazing ideas to capture Gary and my quirky personalities in the photos!

There was so much detail to capture with our wedding and they captured it ALL! Everyone deserves to know how great Kai-Photo is from their professionalism, dedication, passion, and talent! Thank you so much for allowing us to relive the memories that will last us a lifetime!

Sent on 08/01/2011

Grace · Married on 05/17/2011

We were amazed by the beautiful photos that Kyler took of our sunset wedding on the North shore of Oahu. He captured the ceremony beautifully. We were really happy with his professionalism and exceptional ability to make us feel comfortable. Kyler is extremely talented in every way - especially with the guidance he gave during the photo shoot, his passion for what he does, and his care for making sure that these specials times in life are captured. Thank you Kai Photo!

Grace and Justin

Sent on 09/29/2011

Jean · Married on 01/26/2011

Since your so tied up in the actual ceremony its hard to tell until afterward what actually happened! Wow did they capture it. I've had people ask me how am I going to choose which ones to print, my answer is easy...all of them. It was like a fairy tale. Mahalo Tim and Jean

Sent on 02/14/2011

Taryn · Married on 12/11/2010

Kai-Photo did an outstanding job with their photography services, they were very professional in all aspects. Grace is a great communicator as she responds right away to your questions. Hiko Arasaki was our photographer for both our engagement session and reception, and he did an EXCEPTIONAL job! Not only was he courteous and attentive to our preferences, but he had an attention to detail, taking the time to choose the right locations, considering different lighting & poses. Most of all he made it fun, enjoyable & memorable for all of us. The pictures came out great and we really liked his style. Thanks Hiko, Grace & Kyler! We really appreciate your services!

Sent on 02/01/2011

Jamie · Married on 11/13/2010

There aren\'t words to describe the fantastic work and professionalism that Kai Photo provides! We met with Kyler almost a full year prior to our wedding, and any email that we sent, Grace, his office manager, was so prompt to reply to. After recieving that level of service, we knew that they were perfect vendors for us. \r\n\r\nGrace was also very instrumental when I had silly questions about how flowers looked in photos, or how much time they needed to get enough photos of our ceremony. They are detail oriented, professional, talented and offer a level of comfort that I didn\'t expect.\r\n\r\nDuring the ceremony and reception, I didn\'t even notice Kyler most of the time. Even seeing some of the guests photos, he was so \"invisible\" it was awesome. Our photos are more than we expected too! Loved them, and HIGHLY recommend Kai-Photo!!!

Sent on 12/20/2010

Tracie · Married on 10/30/2010

Kyler and his staff were very professional, from our first meeting at the Wedding Cafe all the way through helping us order our thank you cards. It was very easy to keep in touch with him and his staff over email, and they were very quick to respond. Kyler was very easygoing and flexible on wedding day, yet kept us on schedule. I would not hesitate to recommend his services to my friends and family.

Sent on 12/09/2010

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2010

My wedding day was a fairytale and I have such stunning wedding photos thanks to Kai Photo. The photographer was friendly and personable and took natural photos. I am so excited by the photos I have and there are are so many favourites!!!

If you can book them I would recommend them to use as your number 1. pick for wedding/professional photographer.

I live in Australia and planning my destination wedding was so easy and stress free thanks to Diana at Oahu Weddings and Kai Photo. They both had an excellent portfolio of images on their blog that made it easy to choose them.

Highly recommended, excellent service and beautiful photos that I'll have forever.

Sent on 09/27/2010

Lendelyn · Married on 08/09/2010

Kai-Photo did an amazing job with our wedding. Their team is very friendly and professional so that made us very comfortable working with them. Our photos came out soooo beautifully and we couldn't have asked for a better photography team! They we're also delivered to us very quickly. We would definitely recommend Kai-Photo to any couple for their special day!

Sent on 10/10/2010

Michelle · Married on 07/23/2010

Our photographer Kyler was AWESOME!! Our wedding was held in Honolulu, HI, but since we are from California, we only went by reviews and the internet when we picked our vendors. We were a bit skeptical in the beginning since we didn't know what quite to expect, but all we can say now is that we are so happy we chose Kai photography.

Our destination wedding was held at the Ocean Crystal Wedding Chapel and our recepetion was at the Hilton's Rainbow Suites on a Friday where there happened to be fireworks that we incorporated in our wedding. Kyler and his team took awesome photos of the fireworks and were very professional. Grace, who we were emailing pre-wedding was great as well. She was very quick to respond and was pleasant to talk to over the phone.

Overall, we were very satisfied with the ease and professionalism held by Kyler and his team. Since our wedding was only about a week ago, we are still anxiously waiting to recieve our photos although Kyler did send us a lil' sneak peek at one of our pics and all my husband and I could say was ..WoW! Gorgeous photo of us at during the fireworks show.

Thanks Kai Photography!!

Sent on 08/04/2010

Kristy · Married on 07/01/2010

I had been in contact with Grace from the beginning of our wedding planning and she was so helpful! She was very fast to respond to my emails and even offered me some advice on some wedding locations. Kyler was our photographer on our wedding day and he was amazing!! He was fun to work with and did a great job. He even let us take a couple pictures of eachother using the fish eye lens. We had a great time. We got the CD with our wedding photos (over 300 pictures!) about a week after the wedding. I am so glad we chose Kai-Photo as the photographer for our special day and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you Kai-Photo!!

Sent on 07/28/2010

Casey · Married on 06/17/2010

book these guys if you can get them. great photos. great composition, creativity, and quality. at no point did i feel like they were trying to pressure me into buying a bunch of prints that i didn't want like so many other photographers do. in fact we didn't buy any prints. they allowed us to buy just the data so we could choose where to make the prints and the size on our own. the possessing was fast. we got married on a Thursday and the photos were available for viewing online by Saturday. the CD with the data was in our mailbox in California when we got home from Hawaii.

Sent on 07/05/2010

Elisa · Married on 06/11/2010

I was extremely happy I chose Kai-Photo to take some beach photos of my husband and I to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Not only is Kyler a great guy, but he is an incredibly gifted photographer with an eye for photography like I have never seen before. My husband is a photographer and was absolutely blown away by the breathtaking photos and precious moments Kyler captured through his lens. Grace was incredibly helpful as well, even with the time difference between Australia and Hawaii, she always replied to my emails within a matter of minutes and even suggested a location for our shoot. Her recommendation to have the photos taken at Waimanalo Bay was absolutely perfect for us, what a gorgeous deserted location and stunning backdrop for our photos. I was expecting it to take a couple of weeks to have the photos sent to us, so you can imagine how surprised and delighted I was when the finalised photos were dropped off to our hotel the following day! I cannot thank Kyler and Grace enough for their fantastic work and kind assistance, we will cherish these memories always. We will be back Oahu and we will be back, Kai-Photo!
    Mahalo!

Elisa & Matthew
    Sydney, Australia

Sent on 06/30/2010

Sharon · Married on 06/09/2010

Kai-Photo is the best! Wow! I do not know anything about photography but I definitely know what I want to see in my wedding photos. Planning a destination wedding is not a joke but with the right wedding vendors, it could be really fun! (without the panic attacks!LOL) Anyhow, I needed them for my "getting ready"and"reception"only, they were so flexible that they were able to accommodate my request. The photos were amazingly beautiful!!!! I would definitely get their services again when we go back to Hawaii for our wedding anniversary!

Sent on 12/12/2010

Lei-Anne · Married on 10/18/2009

Kyler and Grace are amazing! I had no idea where to start looking because there are so many photographers out there and a common regret I hear from people who got married is that they wished they had better pictures or more pictures taken since this is all you have to remember your special day. I was lucky enough to find Kai-Photo on Facebook since my friends are fans. Grace is so fast at responding to any of your inquiries and Kyler meets with you for free to discuss what you had in mind to see if this is what you had in mind. I loved their photos at first sight. :D Their pictures are one of a kind and it reminds me very much of a fairy tale album since they take mostly candid pictures. I got bored looking through other photographers work because it was traditional with the same lighting or backgrounds so I didn't think I would find a photographer that met my standards. I recently reviewed all of my photos taken to choose my album and the angles and lighting is beautiful. They captured everything I was hoping for out of my wedding. I would recommend looking on their website to see some poses you like that they've done before. But you don't have to worry because Kai-Photo will capture everything you want in your special day. We are so happy with the photos!!!
    Price is very reasonable. Compare yourself to others. Customer service is the best. They don't tell you what to do but instead get to know you and work with your schedule.
    I hope all the brides to be out there are lucky enough to find Kai-Photo too.

Love,
    Lei & Mike

Sent on 11/14/2009

Kendra · Married on 09/05/2009

I'm incredibly happy that I decided to have Kyler of Kai-Photo photograph our wedding. The price was perfect and Kyler was extremely flexible on the wedding day. I love the vivid colors and the created use of different angles and poses (one of the main reasons why I selected Kai-Photo over other local photograhers). Most of all, picture taking was fun! And, that definitely showed in the photographs! I would definitely have Kyler photograph another event in the future!

Sent on 01/30/2010

Nikki · Married on 08/01/2009

They were the best! Since we were on a budget it was really difficult to find a photographer that fit our price AND provided great quality photos and we found that in Kai Photo. Grace and Kyler are a great team and very nice. Kayoko who was our photographer for the actual day did a fantastic job. She took great photos and we actually forgot she was there most of the time! We would recommend Kai Photo for any photographic needs you may have. They have great customer service, great photographers and great prices/products. What more could you ask for?!

Sent on 08/24/2009

Kristin · Married on 07/11/2009

Kai-Photo was everything that we hoped for! We originally picked them over the hundreds of others because we liked Kyler's style. His pictures were so fun, yet still captured all the beauty of the wedding. Kyler did an awesome job of making us feel comfortable and he was very flexible with what we wanted. When we got our pictures, we were very impressed at how they ALL came out. The thing that we liked most was that we got all the rights to our pictures so that we could reproduce the pictures on our own. We would recommend Kai-Photo to anyone who is looking for fun, beautiful pictures!

Sent on 09/06/2009

Nicole · Married on 07/04/2009

My husband and I were very impressed with the efficient professionalism and quality of work exhibited by Kai-Photo! Grace, the contact person was awesome in responding to all of our inquiries. Kayoko, our photographer was wonderful - she photographed both all of our "requested" photos and candids. Kayoko was able to "capture the moment" and the feelings that my husband, mself and my guests felt that day. I highly recommend Kai-Photo for any special occassion.

Sent on 07/31/2009

Dana · Married on 07/04/2009

Kyler and his partner were wonderful. Most of the time we did not even know they were there. They were professional and captured all the moments that we missed and we will cherish them for the rest of our lives! Thank you Kyler for doing such a great job!

Sent on 08/06/2009

Erin · Married on 06/27/2009

Kai-Photo provided excellent service on our very important day. Our photographer KYLER was awesome and captured our precious memories beatuifully!

Sent on 08/06/2009

Ashlee · Married on 06/20/2009

For almost the whole year of 2009, we have worked with Kai-Photo in their many aspects of photography. In February 2009, Kyler and Grace shot our engagement photos at the ever so crowded Punahou Carnival. It was definitely a daunting task for my husband and I because we've never been photographed before in such a public event. However, Kyler made us feel so comfortable by just having us talk to each other and focus on just one another. Quickly, the tension of the crowd watching went away!! He also joined us on the Music Express and took pictures from the seat in front. DEDICATED!! We just loved the way the shots came out because it was so colorful and vibrant!

In June 2009, Kyler and Will shot our wedding. They were very punctual and actually came a little earlier than scheduled, so they were able to get all of the necessary pre-bridal shots without having to rush. I'm so glad that they were able to adjust to the small amount of space that we had to get ready. They just seemed to always find the perfect shots in the small space they had, which we were so grateful for! There are so many shots that they were able to get that I didn't get to see, such as guest reactions, "special" moments, and a play by play run down of literally everything that happened!! In a few weeks we were able to view all of the photos shot from the wedding and in a few months we received the beautiful euro-crystal photo album! We always get compliments on the photos and especially how beautiful the cover of the album looks!

Then Kyler shot our trash the dress session in dirt/grass and in the ocean, which of course turned out beautiful and thank goodness my dress survived with no scratches!! And lastly, we met up one last time in the year to shoot our Christmas pictures with the newest addition to our family, our dog...Mochi! He really captured great moments of "family" time!!

Also, Grace was such a pleasure to work with! She was so prompt in responding to emails and answering any type of questions I had. The instructions she gave were so easy to follow, she never missed a beat!

Thank you again Kai-Photo for a really memorable year in 2009! We hope to work with you all again very soon!!

Ashlee and Alvin Agtarap

Sent on 08/08/2010

Melissa · Married on 02/10/2013

Kyler and Grace are awesome! Our engagement pictures turned out beautiful. We will definitely recommend their services to our friends.

Sent on 02/19/2013

N · Married on 01/18/2009

Kai Photo was absolutely fantastic for our engagement session as well as wedding day! We had the opportunity to work with both Kyler and Kayoko, respectively. Both the engagement photos and wedding photos came out amazing!
    They are both very talented photographers and have great ideas for photos. They talk you through the entire session rather than just taking random shots with no direction. In my experience with both photographers they seemed to understand lighting and setting up the shots perfectly.
    Thank you, Kai Photo for allowing us to relive our memorable day by just looking at the photos.

Sent on 09/08/2009

L · Married on 10/24/2010

We are from Australia and we had a destination wedding in Oahu in October 2010. When choosing vendors the most important criteria for us was email responsiveness and the amount of detail and helpfulness in their emails. Kai-Photo were amazing - they always responded within a few hours. I absolutely loved working with Kai Photo. In fact, they were the very first vendor we chose even before we selected our ceremony and reception venues.

The one small downside in working with them was that there wasn't as much variety in the photo locations as I'd hoped (eg. all our guest photos were taken at the front of the chapel, whereas I would've liked some to be taken at other locations for variety). To all brides to be, make sure your shoot list includes exactly WHERE you want the photos to be taken.

Sent on 12/12/2010

S · Married on 06/02/2010

We really enjoyed working with our photographer. He was really professional and nice. He made us feel really comfortable and he was really creative too. The results (the photos) are fantastic! We have now high quality photos memories of our wedding day.
    We received the photos and album and everything was beyond our expectations! The album is really nice and the CD design is really great.

Sent on 07/27/2010