283 Reviews for Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

Catholic (2)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Vow Renewal (1)
Jewish (1)

Mike was amazing. He performed a beautiful ceremony for our wedding. He also was extremely helpful with guiding us in what to add into our ceremony. He was very nice to sit down and talk to every time we met with him. I would recommend Mike to everyone I know. He was truly awesome. I don’t think we could have picked a better person to perform our ceremony.

Profile Picture Kristen , 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I are so happy that we chose Mike as our JP! We knew at our initial meeting that he was the right fit for us! He is knowledgeable and funny and he really does listen and retain small details that he builds into the ceremony. He has a binder that is extremely helpful that helps you plan your ceremony and he even walks you through how to obtain your certificate of marriage. He was always extremely responsive by email and super organized. My husband and I answered a questionnaire and he incorporated our responses into the ceremony. It was just so special!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I are beyond happy we used Mike as our Justice of the Peace! He always responded quickly to emails and was very accommodating when scheduling meeting times - whether it was our very first meeting together or our rehearsal the night before the wedding. We had no idea where to start when doing a ceremony, but thankfully Mike gave us a binder full of information and ideas and let us create something that was special and unique to us. Mike was always there whenever we had questions and he made sure we knew exactly what was going on and how things worked. My husband and I both felt extremely comfortable talking to Mike and expressing what we would like and Mike made sure things were done exactly how we wanted them and made sure everything flowed smoothly. Mike was wonderful and professional to work with and made the whole experience relaxing and fun! After the ceremony at our wedding, we had so many guests come up and tell us how much they loved our Justice of the Peace and how that was the best ceremony they ever sat through! We are so thankful we found Mike and can't express how much all of his hard-work means to us! Thank you for making our big day even better, you were the absolute best!!

Profile Picture stephanie, 6/8/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mike is awesome! Very professional and have a good sense of humor. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture kevin, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We loved to work with Mike on our ceremony. While we had some ideas of what our ceremony should like, we needed Mike's advice to piece our vision together. Mike was great to work with and can only recommend his services.

Profile Picture S, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Couldn't have expected a better ceremony. Mike was great, answered all our questions and made sure it was just how we wanted.

Profile Picture eleni, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mike took the time to help us create a ceremony that was special and personal to us as a couple. He was always available to answer any questions we had. Day of the wedding he was helping pin boutonnieres and even made us a keepsake of our vows. We would highly recommend Mike Backer to anyone looking for a Justice of the Peace.

Profile Picture Jillian , 12/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mike was great to work with, he was very caring and gave us plenty of ideas to go on. He responded to my email within 24hrs, and his pricing was fair. At the wedding he was very enjoyable, and my family really liked him as well!

Profile Picture Cady, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Working with Mike was simple and easy. He took the time to meet with us and let us design the ceremony that we wanted. He was professional and made a stressful situation a breeze. Everyone complement how funny and heartfelt the ceremony was. We would recommend Mike to everyone we know who is getting married!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Michael was very Nice, accommodating, patient, flexible, and everything else you could want in a justice of peace. He is both professional and funny. Very responsive and timely. His rates are more than reasonable and his service is highly recommended by both me and my wife.

Profile Picture Devan, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mike was fantastic! I'm so glad we were referred to him. He was very professional and responsive through the whole process... but also very funny! He has a huge variety of options for your ceremony and will personalize it any way you'd like. I feel like he really goes beyond what most officiants will do! Thanks for everything, Mike!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

When my Fiancé (now husband) and I started discussing our wedding we knew we wanted to find a jp with a great sense of humor that would keep the guests engaged throughout the entire ceremony and Mike most certainly delivered. He was #1 on our coordinators vendor list so we gave him a call & set up a meeting. During that meeting we discussed all of the different options for a ceremony, just by talking to him, we could tell that Mike was someone who would keep our guests entertained but also be able to keep the important parts meaningful. Mike is such a genuinely nice person who was easy to talk to & made sure we understood all of the important paper work that came along with saying “I do”. When our big day finally came I was 20 minutes late to the ceremony (slow make up artist) and Mike was able to keep our guests happy & laughing until I arrived. During the ceremony he knew just what to say to help me stop ugly crying from happiness & make me laugh. He also puts in a lot of thought about how the photographer will want to photograph your ceremony. During the rehearsal he showed us how to hold each other’s hands when placing the rings so that the photographer will be able to easily capture it & many other little things that were just wonderful little tips! We had so many people at our reception saying how amazing he was & that he was the best jp they had ever witnessed. We feel so thankful to have had Mike marry us, we couldn’t have asked for a better ceremony.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mike did a lovely job on our ceremony. He was very professional, responded in a timely manner, and gave us a variety of options to personalize our ceremony. He made suggestions and had helpful insight from how to lay out seating to knowing our venue from experience to let us know that the water fountain would need to be turned off for everyone’s to hear. Little details like this were greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Brigid, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mike Backer is amazing! We recently got married at the Publick House in Sturbridge. Mike has a wonderful way of keeping every thing calm cool and collective during the whole wedding process. Great personality and also very professional all in one! I highly highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Alysha, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

He is amazing. He put us at ease during the ceremony when we were so nervous. He is so nice and has a perfect calming voice. Would definitely recommend and he will definitely do any how renewals we have in the future. Thanks again! Kari and Sammy

Profile Picture Kari, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We got Michael's name from the Publick House vendor list. When we met him, we instantly felt like he was kind, gracious, thoughtful. His binder of ideas was fantastic! It helped us design a ceremony that was so meaningful to us. The day of, he wowed us with a lovely ceremony, weaving in anecdotes we had shared with him. He is a lovely gentleman and we were so fortunate to have him be our officiant. Thank you, Michael!!

Profile Picture Mary Ellen, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mike created our perfect ceremony for our wedding! He is very organized and professional and responds to emails right away! Everyone commented how well he did and created a ceremony to remember that was about us! He is funny and kind and helps you get through any nerves you might have on your big day! I would recommend Mike to anyone!

Profile Picture Tarym, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal

It was a beautiful day!!!!! Mike did a great job I couldn't have been happier!!!!! Mike joined us at the reception and everyone who met him enjoyed him!!

Photos
Profile Picture Sheila, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows

Choosing your JP is a huge part of your wedding and can seem stressful. If you start your search with Mike, I promise your planning will be so much easier and stress free. Mike is so wonderful and we are so blessed to have worked with Mike. From the first contact to every email and phone call in between, mikes beyond helpful and so kind. The book he gives you to help self select your ceremony is so well organized but most of all, makes your ceremony so personal. He's up for traditional or modern or any take of how you'd like the ceremony to go! He even has Dr Seuss :) You can tell he really enjoys marrying his couples. The ceremony wouldn't have been the same without him (including some of his jokes since we have airplanes fly by during a ceremony). If you reach out to Mike, you won't have to search any longer.

Profile Picture kara, 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mike married me and my husband, Scott, at the Publick House on 9/23/17. We were grateful to have a JP with so much knowledge and experience, especially at our particular venue. He made us and our entire bridal party comfortable with the ceremony at the rehearsal, and made sure the ceremony went smoothly on the wedding day. Multiple guests commented on how much they appreciated his sense of humor and professionalism. During the planning process, Mike was very responsive to my e-mails and helpful in making sure the ceremony was coming together in the way we wanted. Thanks for everything, Mike!

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Single Religion

We couldn't have been happier with Michael! He helped us create our perfect ceremony; he modified portions to fit our family specifically & he threw in surprise personal touches. He put our minds at ease during our rehearsal by going through everything step by step. Overall, just a wonderful experience! Not to mention we had so many compliments on our ceremony & his delivery of our ceremony!

Photo for Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer Review - 9/16/17
Profile Picture Marianne, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Michael was a consummate professional. We experienced unfortunate delays in the day of the wedding and Michael not only was patient and professional, but he also was a calming presence in what can be a very stressful time.

When it came to the ceremony itself, he delivered right up to our expectations. He was thoughtful with his words, received our suggestions for a text and preformed admirably. Looking back to our wedding day, I can't help but feel incredibly grateful for the service he provided.

Profile Picture Eduardo, 9/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mike was great! We had to change dates due to hurricane Irma and then a few changes regarding the ceremony. Lastly we had last minute issues on the day of the ceremony, and he was understanding and sweet until the very last minute even though we made him wait for almost an hour!!!

Profile Picture Valentina, 9/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mike was amazing! We met him at his home and it wasn't just a quick visit. He actually took his time and asked us questions and listened to exactly what we wanted. His services come with a very detailed binder that had tons of options for your vows and detailed step by step instructions on how to file for your marriage license. My husband wasn't keen on writing our own vows (we wrote private notes to each other that day instead) but with Mike's binder it gave us options and we made it our own. Mike is very personable and he even joined us for our rehearsal dinner! I would most definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for an officiant.

Profile Picture Liana, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I would highly recommend Mike to officiate any wedding. He was a great resource to my wife and I prior to the wedding. He also excelled and delivering a thoughtful and entertaining ceremony on our special day.

Profile Picture James, 9/9/17, 1 Review