71 Reviews for Just Press Play Productions

Sound/PA System (7)
Consultation (4)
Do-Not-Play List (2)
One Event Per Day (1)

We chose Just Press Play for our July 2018 wedding. We were really happy to find a service that offered just what we needed (the sound equipment and an emcee) at a price that fit the budget. It was fun working with my fiance to design all of our playlists, and Jeff was always quick to answer our emails as questions came up along the way. Our emcee, Miguel, did a great job the day-of, and the planning call with him the week of our wedding helped ensure everything went off without a hitch.

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/1/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Jeff was amazing! Would 100% recommend for any event!

Profile Picture Taylor, 5/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Just Press Play Productions was a great decision for music at our wedding. Jeff was our MC, who was an absolute joy to work with. He was very responsive to emails leading up to the wedding, mixed the music well, and helped accommodate some of the oddball requests we made. We were glad to get an MC, as it meant we didn’t have to worry about the equipment. The best part is, everything was way more affordable than if we had gone with a traditional DJ. We highly recommend going with Just Press Play if you’re looking for options for high quality music service.

Profile Picture Kami, 4/21/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff and his team were wonderful. Jeff was very communicative and quick in his responses. He clearly knows what he is doing and his reliable team carries out your event exactly as planned. He was even able to accommodate a keyboard rental we added after our initial contract was signed. Miguel, our MC, reached out a few days before our event to introduce himself and ask questions to get a sense of our hopes for the evening. He curated the evening using our music and our guests had a wonderful time. He was able to trouble shoot and put together a seamless evening. I would highly recommend Just Press Play. They are affordable, professional, and worth every penny.

Profile Picture Emily, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
4.7

Everyone loves the do and all had a great time

Profile Picture Amanda , 7/22/17, 1 Review
3.9

I was looking to save money on a DJ and Just Press Play was the perfect solution! They provide everything a normal DJ service would provide at half the price. The only catch, is you provide the music playing device (ipad, spotify account or itunes account, etc.), you also pick all the music you want to play - you create your own playlist. They help along the way giving suggestions of songs, etc. You also meet with your DJ to go over day of logistics. Alan was great!

Profile Picture User6408198, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Just Press Play was exactly what we needed- Jeff was really easy to work with, always quick to respond to emails and super organized (he sends you a detailed questionnaire a couple weeks before the wedding that was very helpful). Our day-of MC, Miguel, did a great job as well. Definitely worth the cost to hire an MC rather than ask one of our friends to man the music. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture User5454230, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Seriously fantastic! What an affordable and reliable option for fantastic music. We were nervous about putting together our own playlists for the wedding, but Just Press Play provided great information for compiling awesome playlists and our DJ Patrick did an excellent job MC'ing for the evening. We had several compliments afterwards that the music was great and it was truly a team effort!

Profile Picture Lydia, 8/28/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones

We LOVED this vendor. Jeff responded to emails very quickly and was so accommodating with my many questions. Patrick was our DJ and he did a fantastic job. I couldn't have imagined it going better. These guys are the best!

Profile Picture User5352276, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

My fiance and I initially planned to DIY the music for our wedding, but quickly realized that we didn't want to deal with the logistics of setting up sound equipment and designating a friend to man the iPod. Jeff at Just Press Play saved the day with his MC service! We were able to choose all the songs for our wedding and Jeff handled all the details the night of. He was incredibly responsive throughout the process and took the time to call me to discuss to the flow of the party, rules for taking requests, and other details. If you're picky about music and/or on a budget, Just Press Play Productions is the perfect choice!

Profile Picture User5031656, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

We highly recommend Just Press Play after using them for our wedding. In the planning process Jeff was amazing. He always responded to my emails right away and was extremely helpful. Our mc, Phil, was great as well! Our dance floor was packed the entire night. We chose all of the songs ourselves but Phil did an excellent job mixing the songs to keep the dance party going strong!

Profile Picture Cory, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Just Press Play was great! We had Jeff as our EMCEE, and his voice is like something you'd hear on the radio. It was so professional and everything he said into his microphone was clear and concise. We had the I-Pod DJ set up where I brought in two I-Pods filled with my music. We had a portable speaker system set up in the dinner area, and the main speaker set up by the dance floor. The sound quality was amazing, and every time I asked him to play a certain song for me off of my list he did so right away. This is a great company, and I highly recommend them.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Shannon, 7/31/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

THANK YOU! Just Press Play Productions was fantastic! Jeff manned the portable speakers and wireless mike perfectly from making sure to scout out our ceremony and receptions site at our friends estate before the wedding to make sure that we would have all the appropriatie gear to accommodate our needs to flawlessly setting up at the ceremony site and relocating to the reception site all with grace behind the scenes that no one knew that it was the same speakers used for both locations. The sound quality and volume was perfect and Jeff did an amazing job DJ-ing the random collection of music that we provided to him on our laptops in Spotify playlist with talented ease. THANKS for helping make our special day so memorable!

Profile Picture Katy, 7/3/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Just Press Play for the ceremony and the reception and were very happy with them! Our DJ was Phil and he was AWESOME! We had very specific verbiage we asked him to use and specific rules about taking requests, etc. which he followed without a problem. He was so nice an attentive and made the night run smoothly for us. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We booked Just Press Play Productions upon recommendation of one of our friends, and it turned out to be the biggest difference-maker of our event.

At first, we thought, we only need an iPod with our playlist. So we ordered that. Then we thought, "hey, we could use a wireless microphone for our toasts." So we tacked that on, too. And then we thought, "hey, they offer a DJ to man the music and playlists for the event at a very reasonable price. Why not add that on, too?" And that has made all the difference.

A couple of weeks before the wedding, we came into contact with Jeff Ilardi from JPP Productions. We laid out every important detail about our event, and he took note of every scheduling minutiae.

The two big impacts that Jeff and JPP Productions had was
1) Providing exactly the music we wanted, when we wanted, at the perfect volume
2) Often, during the event, Jeff would essentially become our on-site event coordinator, coming up to me and reminding me that "in one minute, you have your toasts coming up!" or "Did you want to cut your cake right now, as scheduled?" We found out that, during the wedding, it is too easy to lose track of time and timelines, and Jeff was absolutely professional and helpful with keeping everything on track all along the way.

So, if you're considering hiring Just Press Play Productions for your event -- stop wondering and just book them. They will be responsive, prompt, and professional.

Profile Picture BRYAN, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We chose JPP for our wedding July 5. Alan was our MC. It was a fantastic value. For $550 we got speakers set up both inside the reception room plus outside on the attached patio, and Alan was able to use those same speakers to provide our music during the ceremony. We created our playlists on Spotify, met with Alan a couple of weeks before the wedding to go over what we wanted, and he managed the playlists on the day of. He was still able to take requests from guests and we loved that we picked all our songs - the bartender even told us that it was the best music he had heard at a wedding. Our wedding was a cocktail reception immediately following the ceremony, so we had songs for before the ceremony, a playlist for after the ceremony which was mellow music, and then dance songs for later in the evening. We were so pleased with it. He also made announcements, such as our introduction, the cake cutting, the first dance, and when new food items were available for guests. Thank you Alan and Just Press Play!

Profile Picture User3897355, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Just Press Play Productions is PERFECT for all weddings!
Jeff is very professional and timely in communication. He did a phenomenal job!
You choose and provide all your own music - so you know it will be good. JPPP provides helpful guides on how to organize your playlists and a day-of order of events document, where you indicate how you want things announced/played/etc.
I highly recommend JPPP!

Profile Picture Angela, 6/29/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Great service. Jeff was wonderful to work with. He was very helpful in answering all of my questions and adapted well to changes in the ceremony and reception.

Profile Picture Kendra , 6/21/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Even though music is critical to a wedding and reception we did not have a fortune to book a high priced band or DJ. We were referred to Just Press Play, who provided us with just the right amount of equipment and talent needed at a price that we could afford. From the ceremony to the last dance our guest were treated to a spectacular music.

Profile Picture Terri, 5/10/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff was so easy to work with over email, he understood what we needed and made recommendations based on that. Our MC Andy, showed up early to set up and did such an amazing job. My husband is a mic hog (love you honey but you are), and Andy did such a good job of letting him take over to make announcements and such. He also plugged in his OWN iPod when we ran out of songs for our money dance (I think it was the longest money dance in history). Nobody even noticed that he had to switch devices, that's a sign of a great MC who's really paying attention to what's going on. Highly recommend Just Press Play Productions! Thanks Jeff!

Profile Picture Marisol, 4/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Just Press Play and our DJ, Jeff. We got married at Starved Rock Lodge which is about 60 miles from Chicago. He was willing to travel and very upfront about his services and the pricing. Very professional. He was always super responsive to emails during the planning process which is very helpful. He was also flexible - we left creating our playlists until too close to the wedding and he was very accommodating about adding this service. His compliments about our music selections were definitely appreciated as well!

JPP is absolutely perfect for couples for whom music is very important. It was important to both of us that we be 100% in creative control of the music played at our wedding. We could not find a regular DJ that would accommodate that and we were so glad we found JPP and Jeff! We rented the equipment from JPP and used the MC service as well - it's well worth having a professional behind the playlists. Jeff did a wonderful job at our wedding ceremony and reception. The transitions were absolutely perfect. We thought it was great and we heard nothing but compliments from our guests. I would hire JPP and Jeff again in a heartbeat. Thank you!

Profile Picture Maura, 10/11/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I just had my wedding (Sep. 29, 2013), and just press play was great!!! The process of getting everything together, Jeff was so quick in responding to my emails, and making sure all my questions were answered in such detailed responses. (Even the stupid questions I had) Jeff was more than happy to assist me in anyway. Any bride on a budget, this company is your choice. Saving money or not, they are all professional and very helpful. Our DJ/MC, Robert did a great job. I gave him a detailed timeline of everything and the whole evening went very smoothly. He always made sure that we communicated and everything was to our liking.

Profile Picture User3170297, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Loved Just Press Play and Alan our DJ. It was so easy to contact them for information and their responses were always prompt. The value is great and they do such a great job. It was daunting coming up with all of the music for the playlists but their website is very helpful in giving song suggestions, tips and advice on putting together the playlists. Alan did a great job at the wedding, pronounced everyone's names correctly (some were difficult) and made sure my guests were having a good time.

Profile Picture Cassie, 9/28/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I could go on for days about how great it was to work with Just Press Play. Jeff is a pleasure to work with. He answered every email quickly and was always there when I had a question (and I had a lot of them!) I could not believe that I would be able to find such an affordable DJ service. Alan was our MC and he was phenomenal. He was professional, friendly, and so much fun to have at our wedding. Nobody would have ever guessed the playlists came from our own Macbook! The ceremony was beautiful, and my reception was a total dance party, which is exactly what I wanted. I cannot thank JPP enough for all of their help!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/31/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I used Just Press Play Productions for my Hawaii wedding in August 2013. The venue we chose did not allow a DJ so our next best option was to supply our own music via iPod/iPad/laptop and use Just Press Play Production's Bose Sound System. It sounded great and our guests couldn't believe the quality of sound coming from the tiny Bose speaker. My only complaint was that the MC's voice was extremely quiet and at times, difficult to hear. We got off to a rocky start with the music and I'm not quite sure if the MC didn't know to operate my MacBook or the Spotify interface. Either way, after a few playlists, the MC seemed to get the kinks worked out and everything was smooth afterwards.

View Vendor Response