Just Press Play Productions Reviews

74 | Dundee, IL

74 Reviews for Just Press Play Productions

Kimberly · Married on 11/02/2012

I would highly recommend Just Press Play for a wedding ceremony and reception, especially if you want some control over the music at your wedding.

Jeff provided us with plenty of info to help us prepare for the big day. We followed his tips (plenty of songs and playlists, music people want to dance to, clear written instructions, etc.) and everything went off perfectly. We went with the option of having him mix our playlists as he saw fit, and as evidenced by my wedding pictures, the dance floor was always packed. Hell, there was a soul train line AND a dance-off.

Please, use their MC service. my friends were happy they didn't have to man the ipod all night long, and the MC is a professional.

Thank you, Jeff! You were perfect!

Sent on 11/10/2012

Jamie · Married on 10/13/2012

Just Press Play Productions went above and beyond our expectations. We were blown away by the professionalism and responsiveness of our DJ/MC. I would hire them for any party I was planning.

Sent on 10/31/2012

Cortney · Married on 09/08/2012

As soon as I found Just Press Play, I knew it was perfect for us and we booked right away. Jeff was very prompt in responding to my inquiry, and all of the info and pricing was laid out so clearly. We were trying to save as much money as possible, so we went with a basic sound system and one light for the dance floor. Jeff was familiar with our venue and recommended a second speaker for the loft area, which made sense.

The cost of using one of their DJ's seemed very reasonable, but we decided to just ask one of our friends to man the laptop and the playlists we lad out ourselves.

The equipment arrived on time, George gave our DJ a tutorial on how to use it, and the sound was great. Everything was then picked up on time as well. We were very happy with the service and the value! I would definitely recommend this company to friends.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Abby · Married on 08/25/2012

Just Press Play was a great option for us. Know ahead of time that the reason you get such a great value is that you pick out your music yourself, which we thought was wonderful! It was a very fun process for us to pick all the songs, and they provide some great tools to help you do it! We loved our music knowing we picked every song and the dance floor was full the whole time! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2012

We chose Just Press Play because we wanted the flexibility of choosing our own dance music (no jock jams!) but the reliability of having someone with 30+ years experience DJ-ing. For those reasons, we chose "Just Press Play" and we were completely satisfied! In addition to providing the iPod DJ hook up service, we elected to order some extras: an extra Bose sound tower, a wireless microphone, and MC service. I'm so glad we did. Although our banquet room wasn't huge, it was comfortably full with guests so in my opinion, the extra tower was needed. The wireless mic was very handy for speeches. Jeff served as our MC and was the consummate professional - he knew when to seek out instruction (ex: when to begin playing the first dance song) and when to just "go with it" (he had a 6th sense for the energy level on our dance for and played fast/slow songs accordingly.)

Consensus: Jeff at Just Press Play was one of the most professional vendors I worked with in planning my wedding. I'd hire him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/29/2012

Great price, fair policies, excellent service. I don't know why there aren't more companies providing this type of service in an age where everyone has their own digital library of music and DJ chatter has become simply intolerable.

I'm thrilled that we were able to work with Just Press Play for our wedding. Jeff, the owner, is wonderful. I swear he responded within half an hour to every email I sent. He was clear about our responsibilities and provided useful tips for creating our playlists. The day of our event, he was punctual (actually, I think he was early!), friendly, and efficient. I'll be honest. I miss him.

Just Press Play is a diamond among the wedding industry rough.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Jacqueline · Married on 06/15/2012

Using Just Press Play was the best decision we made, as you get to pick all of your songs! We also opted to have lights, the MC (we had Jeff, he was great!), and gave him authority to shuffle the dance songs, which turned out to be great! We had so many compliments on our music and couldn't be happier. The MC option costs a little more, but is totally with it, as they do all the announcements for you. Jeff was awesome and so nice, every time I asked a question. I would highly recommend them, to everyone, especially people that have a lot of songs they want to play. They are extremely reasonably priced, about 1/3 of most DJs I got a quote from. Also, on the rsvp card, we put a line for a song request, and tried to put a good amount on the playlist-people get really excited when their song comes on!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Tasiah · Married on 05/26/2012

Just Press Play DJ'd our recent wedding. They were awesome! The MC Robert did a fantastic job! He was friendly and so easy to work with! He did a wonderful job of playing music that kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! He also did a great job of fading out the music at just the right time for the ceremony.

Jeff, the owner, was very easy to work with and quickly responded to all my emails and thoroughly answered all my questions. He also had great advice regarding how to make the playlists. He was also knowledgeable with what equipment I would need for the space and the number of guests. The music sounded great and the DJ was awesome...all at an affordable rate! I would highly recommend Just Press Play for any wedding or party!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Lindsey · Married on 07/30/2011

Excellent! Great value and we got to pick all the music that we wanted for our wedding. Jeff was so helpful in planning and was always available to answer any questions. Our DJ was great for our wedding. He was so accommodating and did everything we asked him to.

Sent on 10/22/2011

Anne · Married on 06/25/2011

Just Press Play was the answer to our wedding DJ prayers! We got to pick our music, and the DJ took care of the set up and equipment. Jeff answered emails at the speed of light before the wedding. The day of Karl took care of us well and all our ceremony and reception music cues went perfectly. He got 1/2 instruction from the groom on what we wanted and it all came together. It's a great way to save money and get the music YOU want at your wedding.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Alexandra · Married on 06/24/2011

JPP was by far the easiest of my vendors to works with. The pricing was reasonable, they responded promptly to all my inquiries, and delivered exactly as promised. I was worried that having an Ipod wedding would be a disaster... I've seen it go bad at other weddings. But with a professional sound system, light system and microphone, we had all the benefits of a DJ without the generic music or cheesy ad-libbing. We had a friend make the announcements for the bridal party entrance and first dance, and I announced the cake cutting, bouquet/garter toss myself! The dance floor was full all night, and we got to hear the indie music that we love. It was super fun and I would recommend a Just Press Play Ipod wedding to anyone who's planning a wedding!!!

Sent on 07/03/2011

Adriana · Married on 05/27/2011

We rented their speakers and lighting system. They were on time and everything they promised! :) I would use this service again.

Sent on 11/03/2011

Susan · Married on 09/18/2010

We booked JPP for their iPod DJ equipment, wireless mic setup and MC. We talked with Jeff in person before booking and he explained the equipment and services to us.
    The day of, Karl came and set up the equipment, talked with my coordinator and double checked details with me. We decided to have him stay for the entire reception rather than leave after the first dances.
    Everything worked very well. Good music volume, the wireless mic worked and we danced danced danced!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Katherine · Married on 09/03/2010

Jeff was amazing!
    We by far, had the BEST wedding dance party because the flexibility of our sweet playlist. He picked songs for the mood and was open to suggestions and superior editing skills.

We had a blast and could NOT have done it without him!
    A MUST for the music lovers!

Sent on 12/21/2010

Nancy · Married on 06/06/2010

Jeff was super-friendly, professional and perfect for our needs. We originally hired him simply to provide a sound system for our ipod playlists--he sets up a great system at really reasonable rates. As the day grew nearer, we decided to save our sanity and hire him to man the ipods as well. He was great at this--very helpful and friendly, with lots of advice whenever we talked with him. On the day-of, he was prompt, professional and very flexible when we started switching things up in the schedule. We were very happy we went with Jeff's services and highly recommend him to anyone else thinking of going the ipod route for their wedding.

Sent on 06/11/2010

Lucy · Married on 05/29/2010

Jeff was great- I was the problem! In the craziness of the last days before the wedding, I had all the playlists organized, but I dropped the ball on getting the printed/emailed copies of the playlists and the overall sequence of events together for Jeff to see before the wedding, and then there was a delay in getting the laptop with all the music to him on the day of the wedding. Jeff did a great job of winging it through the ceremony music, the introductions, all the dances- it was completely seamless and I don't think the guests ever knew the difference. If he did that well under pressure, I am sure he does a great job with a more organized bride! Learn from my mistake and get him the info ahead of time!

Sent on 06/22/2010

Bryna · Married on 10/02/2009

Jeff was awesome to work with! We were so happy we found him- he provided such a great service! He took my play list and went with it and mixed it perfectly and I am still hearing how awesome the music was at our wedding reception and how much of a fun party atmosphere our reception was. We paid the little extra for his DJ service and it was a great value for the money. He did great and just blended in the background, just what we wanted...a non-intrusive, non-overbearing DJ. We've seen some obnoxious ones but I would recommend Jeff to anyone anytime- he provides an awesome service and was extremely accommodating to our needs and requests. My only regret was that I think we forgot to tell him that his meal was paid for but he was too polite to say anything- I wish we would have fed him!!

Sent on 06/10/2010

Just Press Play Productions's reply:

We are usually working during dinner so paying for a meal is not necessary. We recomend just adding what you would have paid for the meal to the tip. :)

dorothy · Married on 08/28/2009

Still on the fence about whether to have an iPod DJ? Worried that no one will have fun, or about that dreaded gap between songs or just not convinced it's a good idea? Forget all that. Jeff of Just Press Play is the best. I was a little concerned at first that our wedding would be lame and look cheap because we just used our iPods but everyone commented on how great the music was--it also helps if you have good taste in music. :) But Jeff is a total professional and kept the party going smoothly. Basically you set up a bunch of playlists and tell him when to play what. When the playlists for the certain part of the party are nearly over (such as the cocktail hour or dinner) he'll come up to you and let you know so there's a smooth transition to the next part of the party. You can also have him make announcements such as calling out the tables for dinner. And when the iPods went on the fritz and started playing the wrong songs, he asked us if he could go off the playlist. He has an answer for everything and is prepared for any snafu. He'll always make sure everything's cool with you before doing anything, for example no one can request the hokey pokey unless you say it's OK. Best of all, his fee is more than half of what a DJ would charge and he acts like a DJ. This was one of the best discoveries I made while planning.

Sent on 09/10/2009
  • JessCobb

Jessica · Married on 03/07/2009

I cannot say enough about Jeff from Just Press Play Productions. He was so easy to work with, so helpful with suggestions and very flexible with our schedule. The day of the event he was on time, all set up and constantly looking out for us. We chose to have the system and create our own playlists. He did such a great job with transitioning the music from one part of the night to the next and also with annoucing our bridal party. I would HIGHLY suggest his services. He is fantastic!

Sent on 03/31/2009

stephanie · Married on 01/10/2009

Jeff was a joy to work with because he is full of ideas in a non-pushy way. Whenever you ask him a question, he reiterates that it is "up to you but here are some suggestions." He is very responsive to emails and meets with you in person. He is incredibly flexible and just a great guy. Out of all of our vendors, he was the best to work with and he was HONEST which is not always the case in this industry. Everyone loved the music at our wedding and said it was the best they had ever heard. We got that compliment from several guests for half the price of a regular DJ...because of Jeff! His voice is perfect for emceeing and he kept our whole wedding on schedule even before the big day by helping us create a timeline! I plan on my marriage lasting forever, but if we ever have an event where we need a DJ I'm definitely giving Jeff a call. Why pay a guy to yell out to your crowd to do the YMCA or have your grandparents dance to rap songs? Give your list to Jeff instead and have a reception that everyone enjoys!! Thanks so much Jeff!!

Sent on 01/19/2009

Pablo · Married on 09/05/2008

Just Press Play Productions was a life saver for our wedding reception. If you dont want the whole DJ/MC thing at your wedding, you MUST give Jeff a call at JPPP. His prices and service were outstanding. Quick set up, GREAT sound, and VERY cost effective. He does it all for you, even can provide you with light shows and Mic's. you cant go wrong with Just Press Play Producations. 5 Star quality and service at 2 star prices.

Sent on 09/09/2008

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2008

Just Press Play was AMAZING! I cannot express what a economical yet wonderful choice this is for your reception music. Jeff was absolutely incredible. He assisted with everything - from song selection, to coordination, to even ceremony amplification at the last minute. Words cannot express how satisfied we were with Just Press Play for our wedding music. Highly, highly, highly recommended. A++++++

Britt · Married on 08/02/2008

Very accommodating; Jeff found and played every song we requested. Great sound, responsive, and dependable. Overall great deal. I would highly recommend Just Press Play Productions.

Sent on 10/05/2008

Christopher · Married on 07/05/2008

- Awesome vendor for a do it yourself dj...he was very very responsive and helpful with everything...Highly recommended!

Lynnette · Married on 06/28/2008

We were thrilled with the concept and the outcome. We spent far less than we would have for a traditional DJ service, yet we had great sound and we had the songs that we wanted for our reception and cocktail hour. Friends and family were amazed by the sound quality and the convenience. Jeff did a prescreening of the site, arrived at the designated time, provided our instructions, and returned exactly at the end of the event to tear down the equipment. We would highly recommend, and I know we'll use Just Press Play in the future for graduation parties or other events.