155 Reviews for Just Desserts

Consultations (20)
Custom Design (20)
Setup (16)
Groom's Cake (2)

Just Desserts was an amazing cake designer! I was the wedding coordinator for Katie & Mark's wedding and I picked up the cake the night before the wedding. This team was incredible. I easily coordinated a time for pick up. They were incredibly responsive and helpful with directions. I arrived a bit early and they welcomed me into their cute space and made sure I had everything I needed. Ok now the cake, that was amazing!!! Everyone raved about it and the bride was so happy. Which made me very happy. As a vendor, I would highly recommend Just Desserts to anyone getting married in the Outer Banks.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 5/25/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I planned my Outer Banks wedding at The Mark Twain House (5/25/18) from my home in Connecticut. Melinda came highly recommended by our caterer so I figured I would look into her. I knew I didn't want anything extravagant, but I am a cake lover and wanted something that I would remember. Melinda was so responsive and helpful with my cake order. My wedding planner was able to pick up our cake the day before the wedding and it was all ready for her to take. I literally could not believe how delicious this cake was. After the first bite I turned and looked at the caterer who happened to be standing there and all i could say was "omg this is amazing". All of our guests commented on how good the cake was, most saying "that was the best cake I have ever had". I can't thank Melinda enough for this cake and we hope to be back to the Outer Banks soon and will 100% order another cake!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/25/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design

Melinda did an amazing job. She did both the rehearsal dinner cake (South Florida Bulls) and our wedding cake. She is extremely busy but made sure our cake is just as we had planned (flavors and design). Our guests raved about how great the cake tasted. I already can't wait to eat our anniversary cake!

Profile Picture Katlin, 5/18/18, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

Everyone RAVED AND RAVED about our wedding cake, and it was well deserved! Let's put it this way, we had 20 adult guests and 3 kids, and a cake designed to serve 40 I think, and there was very little left! Everyone had more than one serving....except me. Dang shapewear! Anyway, I would definitely plan to get my cake from Melinda for other events if I am in the Outer Banks. I wish I could have cake from her every day! She was so sweet too. She gave my husband extra carrot cake to take because she knew he loved it. And when our anniversary tier went missing at the venue, she gave us another. The cake was also gorgeous...no reservations in recommending her. No need to go anywhere else!

Profile Picture C, 5/17/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

Just Desserts is the BEST!! Melinda made our rehearsal cake (key lime) and our wedding cake (fruit and eclair) - hands down THE BEST cakes we (and our guests) have ever had. Melinda is a creative genius who puts her personal touch on each cake she makes because she truly cares and wants this to be your best day ever. She is funny, personable and puts all her positive energy into making your cake exactly what you want. My husband and I loved partnering with her and can't wait to have another occasion to work with her again!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/26/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Melinda was an absolute dream to work with, not to mention the cake was beautiful and the best I’ve tasted! She also carried out our vision with our non traditional topper. Most definitely not your average wedding cake. She answered all my questions promptly and made time to meet on our schedule (we are out of state) I wish I could give more stars!

Profile Picture Kara, 4/7/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

From the first time I tasted Melinda's cake at the OBX wedding expo I knew she was my girl! He cakes are absolutely amazing and she is so talented. She made our wedding cake for our wedding at The Sanderling earlier this month and it was devoured in minutes! We received so many compliments on our cake and we can't thank her enough!

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/2/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Cakes

Melinda was a dream to work with!! She made the most delicious cake I think we have ever tasted! You can not go wrong with Just Desserts!!!

Profile Picture Tiffanie, 11/11/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

This cake was everything we expected and more!! We picked the eclair flavor and it was so delicious. It looked beautiful as a part of our wedding and was flawless. Melinda was super sweet and helpful figuring out what we wanted - definitely recommend!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/20/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

Holy cow! We had our wedding the past summer in Corolla, NC and had the best cake imaginable. We were going for a tropical, clean look for our wedding so we wanted a very simple cake. We chose a single 'top tier' cake with white frosting and had our florist add some flowers to the top. After going to a tasting, we decided on the key lime cake and I could not be happier with our decision. I'm not a huge sweets person and I devoured it. I highly recommend Just Desserts for creating not only a gorgeous cake for your wedding, but a DELICIOUS ONE! THANK YOU!!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/22/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery

WOW!!! It looked fabulous and tasted even better. If I could give Melinda 6 stars we would...it was the best cake we have ever had...and that's the truth. We got the traditional vanilla and chocolate éclair....our group of 65 people ate almost the entire 3 tier cake (it was that good!) Presentation was outstanding as we had a beach theme and the cake was coordinated perfectly to our wedding colors. Melinda was also extremely organized and pleasant to deal with....this added no stress to our day at all. Can't wait to eat our anniversary tier!!

Profile Picture Lee Ann , 9/14/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery

I had a destination wedding in Nags Head in Sept. 2017. My husband and I are from Northern Va. We started planning 2 years in advance and took our family to the cake tasting. When we arrived we had so many different options. When I say no cake that she made was bad I truly mean it. We had trouble decided which cake to choose from. She had everything to plain generic wedding cake to chocolate eclair cake. Even the generic wedding cake was not so generic. We ended up choosing the chocolate eclair cake. I have never in my life tasted a wedding cake so good. She matched the exact design that we wanted and the taste was amazing. Cakes by Just Desserts are to die for. Best cake I have ever had. We can't wait to dig into our anniversary cake topper.

Profile Picture Karley, 9/9/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery

We met Melinda from Just Desserts at the OBXWA Expo in January & ordered our cake on the spot. We were amazed at how delicious the cake samples were, and she had so many beautiful designs from past events on display! We communicated with her a handful of times prior to our wedding, and she was just so very nice, kind, patient and charming! The cake was BEAUTIFUL and AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS; we were quite pleased that there was some leftover for us to eat on the days following our event! With our cake also came a small top tier, frozen, ready for us to place in our freezer and eat on our first anniversary. Thanks Melinda, you're wonderful!! xoxo

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/2/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Melinda was very tentative and great to work with. The groom's cake was delicious.

Profile Picture Takeetha, 8/5/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Melinda is my favorite vendor to work with. She gave not only the bride samples ,my daughter but also some for me and her dad. She also even delivered the grooms cake under special circumstances. The key lime cake which was the grooms flavor got great reviews from all guest. The wedding cake was delivered and set up promptly and beautiful. My guest not only loved the looks of the cake but truly loved the flavor. Melinda is a real treasure.

Profile Picture Cynthia , 7/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Cakes, Groom's Cake

So much talent & everything that we wanted for our wedding cake!! It was delicious. Not even a slice was left over after the reception!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/24/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

This cake was the HIT of my wedding! Mine and my husband's families are BIG cake people, between the both of our families, we have seriously tried it all. EVERY single person at the wedding made a point to tell myself or my husband that it was the BEST cake they've ever had!!!! I ordered the cake for 150 people, but my guest count only ended up being 100- the entire cake still went! Every last piece, gone! We got key lime and traditional with fresh fruit filling. WOW! I mean I just can't say enough about how good this cake was. Just amazing!!! It looked beautiful too!!! She has amazing attention to detail, it was perfect!! My guests are STILL talking about the cake today! And on to Melinda, she is an AMAZING person!!! She is so friendly, and super easy to work with. I went to Melinda completely unsure of what I wanted and she was so patient with me and talked over all of the options. I changed my mind 100 times during our meeting and she happily made the changes. She always answered my emails in a timely manner and she is just so pleasant!!! I am SO happy that I found Melinda!!!! Thank you Melinda for making my wedding experience wonderful!!!

Profile Picture amanda, 6/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Melinda is the best! Not only did our cake look amazing but it was soooooo delicious. We went with the eclair cake which did not disappoint. On the night of the wedding we received so many compliments on the cake. Every piece was eaten! Thank you for making our dream wedding cake!

Profile Picture Liz, 5/26/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

"Best wedding cake, ever!" That is what we heard all night and into the next day! After trying a few of Melinda's desserts, our daughter and son-in-law knew exactly what they wanted; the Eclair cake. Not only was it delicious, but Melinda worked with our daughter's vision and created a beautiful, elegant cake. Knowing that Melinda's business is extremely popular, we asked our wedding planner, Brenda Zeigler, to act on our behalf to get the ball rolling and then, when the time was right, Melinda worked with our daughter on the details. If you want a cake that is thoroughly enjoyed, the Eclair cake is it!

Profile Picture a, 5/6/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

The cake that Melinda made for our wedding was the most delicious cake I have ever had in my life!! She made it look exactly like the picture I sent. So many of our guests commented on how it was the best cake they've ever had! It is so taunting having the anniversary layer just sitting in our freezer. My husband and I have debated just going ahead and eating it so many times in the short time we've been married because it is just that good.

Profile Picture Avery, 1/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes

Just desserts makes the most delicious wedding cakes. Not only was my cake beautiful but everyone loved it! We ended up having 2 cakes of different flavors and I'm so happy to have worked with Just Desserts. They made the process seamless and a huge hit at the reception.

Profile Picture Ellie, 11/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

To say our wedding cake was amazing would be an understatement. It was absolutely beautiful! We chose the eclair cake and everybody is still talks about how delicious it was. Melinda is the best baker on the Outer Banks. We loved having her be a part of our big day!

Profile Picture Bobbie, 11/4/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

Melinda's cakes are literally THE BEST CAKES I'VE EVER TASTED (and that's saying something b/c I have a sweet tooth)!! She did such a wonderful job for my husband and I and was very responsive to emails and phone calls. She really wanted us to have a great experience and it was obvious in the love, care, and creativity she put into our cake. I HIGHLY recommend the marble cake with chocolate buttercream frosting inside. It was a crowd favorite!! I can't wait until our one year anniversary so we can finally eat our top tier! Melinda is awesome and so are her desserts!!!

Profile Picture Molly, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This was not just the best wedding cake we have eve eaten, it was hands down the best cake we have ever eaten. Melinda is amazingly talented and it shows in the beautiful cakes she creates. Unlike some other vendors, she creates cakes that are both stunning to look at and to eat. We were so taken with her flavors that we couldn't pick just one for our wedding cake, and ended up picking two flavors! Both the berry and the eclair flavors were unbelievable. If we didn't live out of state all of our cakes would be made by Melinda. Out of this world delicious, you will not have any regrets!

Profile Picture Catherine , 9/17/16, 8 Reviews