Just Desserts Reviews

Just Desserts 4
Just Desserts 5
Just Desserts 6
Just Desserts 7

Wonderful wonderful cakes! They taste even better than they look. Melinda is fantastic to work with. I highly recommend her and Just Desserts!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Heather · Married on 04/13/2012

We absolutely loved our wedding cake and so did all of the guests! We had the Sea Urchin cake and it was absolutely beautiful! The cake was Boston Creme and Key Lime.

Sent on 04/27/2012

Lee Elizabeth · Married on 04/07/2012

Melinda of Just Desserts made the ultimate groom's cake. My husband is a huge Beatles fan so she was able to make a replica of a Beatles record. He was so surprised and he loved it! She was also able to tailor the flavors to his likes (chocolate with grand marnier ganache) and everyone thought it was so delicious. I procrastinated on ordering the groom's cake and Melinda was able to squeeze me in. Her cakes are works of art and I would highly recommend her for anything cake related!

Sent on 05/13/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2011

Just Desserts is wonderful -- our guests were all surprised that such a beautiful cake actually tasted great, too!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Samantha · Married on 09/15/2011

I was recommended to use Just Desserts by my wedding cordinator who told me she was the best in town and she was not lying! The cake was absolutely beautiful and it tasted even better! Melinda and her team were so dependable that I knew I had nothing to worry about. I never even had to contact her on the day of my wedding or even the day before, they just ook care of everything and on my wedding day the cake was just magically there looking amazing without me even having to think twice about it. They also packaged our 1 year tier really well so it made the trip back home with us! We all ate the leftover wedding cake for the next week and we loved it!

Sent on 11/09/2011

amy · Married on 07/09/2011

Melinda was SOOO wonderful to work with and the cake was AMAZING!! Every bite was eaten!!! I have never seen anything like that :) It was truly beautiful and delicious!!

Sent on 07/20/2011
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/23/2011

I cannot say enough good things about Just Desserts. Our wedding cake was not only even more beautiful than I could have imagined, it tasted phenomenal, too. She was so great about everything, from start to finish. Seriously, if you're not sure whether to use this vendor or not, throw your worries away. :)

Sent on 11/29/2011
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 06/16/2011

The cake was beautiful and tasted AMAZING! It was the best wedding cake I've ever had. Everybody was impressed by how beautiful it was and i believe anything from Melinda at Just Desserts is worth every penny. I had a very hard time finding a baker to make a cake for us since I have a severe nut allergy but Melinda worked with us and gave us everything we wanted. It was deliscious!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Katie · Married on 06/11/2011

Melinda did my grooms cake and my wedding cake and they were both fabulous! We had a "Virginia Tech" themed grooms cake for our rehearsal dinner and a beautiful and simple 3 tiered wedding cake for our reception at The Currituck Club. They even delivered it for me. I had 2 different flavors of wedding cake and people told me it was some of the best wedding cake that they had ever had! She is such a gem and so great to work with. Your cake will not only look beautiful, but it will taste amazing too!

Sent on 10/21/2011
  • O

Chrisie · Married on 06/11/2011

I always enjoy looking at cakes at weddings but must admit that I don't always indulge in eating a piece since I'm often disappointed in the taste. This is not the case with cakes by Melinda! I'm not sure how it's possible, but her cakes taste just as amazing as they look (and this is saying a lot since a photo of the cake she created for us was selected as the cover for Inspire the Bride i-magazine). Both the baker and chef friends of ours, in addition to many of our other guests, raved about how delicious the cake was. We had a combination of the key lime (my favorite) and chocolate eclair (my husband's favorite) which suited everyone's tastes. I HIGHLY recommend using Just Desserts for you wedding or other special occasion cake!

Sent on 01/07/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2011

This was the best wedding cake we've ever tasted and it looked absolutely beautiful, too! Melinda was wonderful to work with and the cake came out even better than we ever dreamed. We got eclair and key lime and both flavors were outstanding. A friend also ordered a small birthday cake for another friend in chocolate peanut butter which may have been the very best cake of all! It was wonderful.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Nicole · Married on 05/21/2011

The first word that comes to mind is AMAZING!!! Melinda is a wonderful baker, who is very professional and knows her stuff. I really enjoyed working with her on ideas for my ultimate wedding cake and she is very flexible. I will tell you this, it is by far the best cake we have ever had. Your guest will be raving about it forever. We had 2 flavors: Chocolate eclair and Chocolate-Chocolate mousse with a thin layer of fresh raspberry sauce. Divine! Trust me, if you go with "Just Desserts" you will be very happy. Honestly, my wedding cake was one of the top 3 highlights from my wedding! Just an FYI, I did a lot of shopping around and comparing prices and she is average or cheaper then most of the bakery's down in he OBX.

Sent on 06/05/2011

lauren · Married on 10/09/2010

I recommend Just Desserts to any one looking for any type of cake in the Outer Banks. Not only do they make wedding cakes, but they do cakes for all occasions. Melinda, the owner, sat down with me and helped me pick the perfect cake for my wedding. She allowed me to taste various cake samples, all homemade, and see pictures and samples of all cakes. I was able to pick every detail of my cake which was very important to me. She also worked with my florist so that I could have fresh flowers on my cake that matched my bridesmaids bouquets.

The day of my wedding, the hotel where my wedding was help kept saying how nice and professional the person was who delivered the cake. When my guests tasted the cake, they said it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. We still have plenty of cake left and we let everyone taste it because it was so good. If we ever need another specialty cake, we will use Just Desserts, even though it is 3 hours away... it is that worth it.

Sent on 11/11/2010
  • W

Becky · Married on 10/08/2010

The cake BLEW MY MIND. It was so beautiful. No one could get over how great it tasted. I can't wait to eat the top six months from now!! (My wedding was six months ago.) We went with the choc eclair, choc macadamia, and choc moose. All tasted divine. The cake looked just like a dream in person and in the pictures. Very professional service.

Sent on 04/18/2011

Heather · Married on 10/07/2010

Just Desserts was great! Melinda made us a gorgeous cake that was exactly what I had wanted, plus it was delicious! It is the best cake we ever had. Our guests said they had never tasted wedding cake that was as moist and tasty.

Sent on 12/06/2010

Brittney · Married on 10/02/2010

I would highly recommend Just Desserts, not only are the cakes gorgeously crafted they taste amazing too! Melinda is extremely talented and always exceeds my expectations. I have been using just desserts for many years now, my wedding cake, kids birthday cakes, baby shower cake and the latest one a surprise birthday cake for my husband. She always has the cakes ready for pickup/delivery on the date and time promised, also the cakes are very reasonably priced. Over the years of using Just Desserts I feel Melinda has become a friend, you will love working with her as well.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Mary · Married on 09/26/2010

I wish that there was a way that I could include a photo of my wedding cake because it was the most beautiful cake that I have ever seen!! Not only was it beautiful, but it was absolutely delicious!! We had two flavors, Key Lime and Chocolate Macadamia Nut, both were as good if not better than we remembered them being when we sampled them. Thank you Melinda for helping us to have the wedding of our dreams :) I would highly recommend Just Desserts!

Sent on 11/08/2012
  • brapp17

Becky · Married on 06/26/2010

AMAZING!!! Melinda Gregory provided us with the best cake we have ever had for our wedding. We live in Manhattan and are accustom to eating wonderful desserts on a regular basis, but the cake that Melinda made for us beat anything we have ever tasted before! Not only was the cake delicious, but it was also absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 08/27/2010

casey · Married on 06/05/2010

Just Desserts is absolutely amazing. I don't even normally like wedding cake, but could not get enough of Melinda's cakes..they are incredible and absolutely beautiful! We had the Key Lime and also the Neopolitan for our wedding...it was the hit of the party and everyone was asking if we had any leftovers the next day. I'd highly recommend Just Desserts to everyone!

Sent on 06/29/2010

JA · Married on 03/19/2010

The MOST amazing cake! Stunningly beautiful as well absolutely the most delicious and fresh cake I think I've ever had! Just Desserts was fabulous to work with! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/07/2010

Laurie · Married on 05/02/2009

The cake was the best cake I could have asked for! Melinda was patient with me as I kept changing my mind and asking a ton of questions! Guests kept up coming up to us to tell us the cake was delicious! I can't wait until next year to have it again :)

Sent on 11/08/2012

Joan · Married on 03/17/2007

Melinda at Just Desserts is the most amazing cake artist ever! Not only are her designs intricate, unique, and stunning; the cakes themselves are incredibly delicious - like none other. Guests covet cake cutting time when they know Just Desserts has prepared the cake! Melinda has made not only my wedding cake; but several birthday cakes for both my daughter and me. Always 100% perfect in every way. Very easy to work with as well, Melinda is a true Outer Banks GEM!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Heather · Married on 10/21/2006

Just Desserts makes the best cakes on the Outer Banks!! She is more than happy to accommodate any special request and is very professional. There is no one else I would have rather made my wedding cake or any cake to say the least. Her Paris training defiantly shines thru!

Sent on 11/10/2012

rhonda · Married on 09/17/2005

The cake was amazing both in taste and looks.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Kimberlee · Married on 07/10/2004

Just Desserts did my wedding cake on July 10,2004. The cake looked awesome and it tasted even better. The cake was a beach theme design and the highlight of my day. Melinda took a lot of time with the design and tailoring the decorations with my lavender color scheme. I recommend her to anyone who wants their special day to be a success.

Sent on 11/07/2012